• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:35
CEST 13:35
KST 20:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9821 users

[July] SC2 General Discussion

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
July 14 2012 10:33 GMT
#1
Previous Editions
+ Show Spoiler +

June '12
March-May '12
February '12
January '12
December '11
November '11
October '11
September '11
August '11
July '11
June '11
May '11
April '11
March '11
February '11
January '11
December '10
November '10
October '10
September '10
August '10
July '10
June '10
May '10
April '10
March '10
February '10
January '10
December '09
November '09


Q: What is this thread?

A: General purpose, SC2 discussion thread.

Q: What should I be posting about?
A: Basically, anything you want to talk about but aren't sure if it warrants a topic of its own. Heard a rumour you want to share? A new video? A question you are sure is super common but can't find the answer to via searching? A brilliant new idea that you want to vet, to make sure it's really as brilliant as you think it is?

This is the place.


Note:
Posting standards will not be as high as if you were to make a new thread, but pointless spam will still not be tolerated. I have seen threads like these work out alright on other sites (for other games) so I figured, why not give it a shot? It's possible there's not really enough content for something like this to exist at this point in time, but no harm then, it will just die on its own.

Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
StarMoon
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada682 Posts
July 14 2012 10:54 GMT
#2
I think its interesting to see tvz evolve with the latest GSTL matches (talking specifically about Alive's games).

Even tho I feel the latest zerg buffs unbalanced the matchup, it is nice to see some pros making the best of it.


The KR scene in general seems lively, with KESPA joining the sc2 scene, many teams getting new sponsors, and ST getting whole new teams. I seemed to have missed the "crossover" games that people keep talking about, anyone got a link?
Toastie.NL
Profile Joined July 2012
Netherlands232 Posts
July 14 2012 11:06 GMT
#3
Something just jumped my mind,

Ghost Snipe was nerfed way to hard because it countered both T3 options Zerg has.

High Templar Feedback/Storm counters both T3 options as well as T1 options from Terran.

How would TvP lategame look with Feedback not working vs Massive?
EU Random Player - Contact me for anything :-)!
-Kira
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
352 Posts
July 14 2012 11:13 GMT
#4
On July 14 2012 20:06 Toastie.NL wrote:
Something just jumped my mind,

Ghost Snipe was nerfed way to hard because it countered both T3 options Zerg has.

High Templar Feedback/Storm counters both T3 options as well as T1 options from Terran.

How would TvP lategame look with Feedback not working vs Massive?


Nothing would change. Protoss isn't supposed to feedback anything after 15 min mark in the game when the ghosts are out.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 13:36:51
July 14 2012 11:15 GMT
#5
Rereading last months Dustin Browder interview makes me wonder if LotV is going to resemble Starcraft at all.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Garby
Profile Joined August 2011
United States16 Posts
July 14 2012 11:17 GMT
#6
On July 14 2012 20:06 Toastie.NL wrote:
Something just jumped my mind,

Ghost Snipe was nerfed way to hard because it countered both T3 options Zerg has.

High Templar Feedback/Storm counters both T3 options as well as T1 options from Terran.

How would TvP lategame look with Feedback not working vs Massive?

I don't know that Feedback would change much versus Battlecruisers, given that I rarely see anyone make them - and when I do, they're usually pretty crap anyway. Sometimes they can accomplish things in TvT but even then the last time I saw anyone make them it was in a GOMTV game and they got jacked by mass vikings.

Thors, on the other hand, might be a lot more useful if they couldn't get instagibbed by Feedback, but you're still dealing with the whole, "Mech isn't great vs P" problem where you have to split upgrades. So... I guess the answer is that I don't see this nerf doing much.


I have a question myself. I keep hearing about the KESPA players doing SC2 games, but when I see their games half the time they're in super poor quality YouTube videos, such as this one (Jaedong holding a 10 pool from Soulkey -
which actually hurt my eyes to try and watch. Is there a subscription like GSL that I can get to find good quality Kespa vids - or for that matter, is there even a Kespa equivalent to Gomtv's website? A large part of the value I get from my GSL subs is the fact that it's very very easy to pull up vods in order on their site, in [decent, not great] video quality.
Toastie.NL
Profile Joined July 2012
Netherlands232 Posts
July 14 2012 11:20 GMT
#7
Feedback not instagibbing Thors could create a dynamic of Thor meatshields (take no splash, Immortals suck vs barracks units lategame, etcetc) in which MMMGhostThor would be the lategame mix this the MMM dps'ing behind massive Thor HP.

500HP thors could do this, 300HP Thors, not so much... And dont forget you cna get up to +3 vehicle Plating this way!
EU Random Player - Contact me for anything :-)!
Veriol
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic502 Posts
July 14 2012 12:14 GMT
#8
Anyone know who is the current EU rank1 gm?
His account does look like its smurf and he has insane improvement rate troughout seasons. He never plays custom games only ladder. Its so strange account :X. Any ideas?

http://sc2ranks.com/eu/1613286/lIllIllIllII
"When you play, you have to start off with a mind to turn the game into a rape." -iloveoov
alpenrahm
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany629 Posts
July 15 2012 01:17 GMT
#9
no feedback on thors would be pretty cool.

here is what i think:

lategame terran with MMMVG+tanks does not equal the other races maxed T3 armies but we still get forced into playing it. mostly because mech is not viable during the early game, due to its imense gas cost, thus forcing bio play which doesn´t transition smoothly into mech play since you need separate upgrades and production facilities.

-to efficiently play mech on 2 bases you need atleast 3 factories with 3 addons and an armory.
that is 500 gas just for infrastructure and you havent even gotten any units out at this point.

-you dont have an appropriate mineral dump. hellions are nice to have but they dont win battles.
getting marines to support your mech play does only work for the very early stages of the game when marines can be effective without any upgrades. after that, they become a liability because upgrading them does cut into our gas.

if there is a patch coming, I would like to see it, either slightly reducing the gas cost and build time of factories, or greatly reducing the gas cost of armories.

ErAsc2
Profile Joined May 2012
Sweden256 Posts
July 15 2012 01:20 GMT
#10
On July 14 2012 20:06 Toastie.NL wrote:
Something just jumped my mind,

Ghost Snipe was nerfed way to hard because it countered both T3 options Zerg has.

High Templar Feedback/Storm counters both T3 options as well as T1 options from Terran.

How would TvP lategame look with Feedback not working vs Massive?

Because EMP negates feedback.

Zerg did not have something to negate Snipe.
Swedish GM Protoss http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2336142/1/MilkEA/
rfoster
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1005 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 13:36:15
July 15 2012 12:57 GMT
#11
Is anyone else not able to log in or find match right now?

I got out of a ladder game and then I got that swirling thing in the middle of the screen, and it wouldnt go away.
So I logged out and now I cant get past the screen where it says enter.

Hope I`m not the only one or you guys know how to fix it.

Edit***
So apparently its only on my main account. Does this mean I am banned or something? I cant think of a reason I should be banned.
Aegeis
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1619 Posts
July 15 2012 14:01 GMT
#12
I can't get online either gogators
"Skills to pay the bills" - Artosis, https://twitter.com/AegeisSC2 ,http://www.tumblr.com/blog/socal-esports
megid
Profile Joined November 2011
Brazil142 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 14:38:05
July 15 2012 14:37 GMT
#13
On July 14 2012 20:06 Toastie.NL wrote:
I have a question myself. I keep hearing about the KESPA players doing SC2 games, but when I see their games half the time they're in super poor quality YouTube videos.....


I have this doubt too. I don't know if Kespa really cares about us, but i would like to see one quality english casting of their sc2 tournaments. Any1 knows something about it?
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
July 15 2012 14:56 GMT
#14
On July 15 2012 23:37 megid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 20:06 Toastie.NL wrote:
I have a question myself. I keep hearing about the KESPA players doing SC2 games, but when I see their games half the time they're in super poor quality YouTube videos.....


I have this doubt too. I don't know if Kespa really cares about us, but i would like to see one quality english casting of their sc2 tournaments. Any1 knows something about it?


I think the only tournament with KeSPA players so far was the 8-man MLG KeSPA Invitational back at MLG Anaheim. Besides that, they've so far only played Proleague, and will play the upcoming (not sure if there'll be a stream) OSL Qualifiers.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 15:01:36
July 15 2012 14:57 GMT
#15
On July 15 2012 21:57 gogatorsfoster wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Is anyone else not able to log in or find match right now?

I got out of a ladder game and then I got that swirling thing in the middle of the screen, and it wouldnt go away.
So I logged out and now I cant get past the screen where it says enter.

Hope I`m not the only one or you guys know how to fix it.

Edit***
So apparently its only on my main account. Does this mean I am banned or something? I cant think of a reason I should be banned.

Have you tried logging into battle.net (the actual site)? It should tell you there if your account is banned.

This seems relevant for you vvv
On July 15 2012 23:24 Scorevath wrote:
I think Blizz is having issues right now. A lot of people are complaining about this or a similar issue where your SC2 account seemingly doesn't exist. Right now when I log in it shows a blank portrait and won't let me get past the log in. I also can't view my account on b.net. It just errors.

I called Tech Support and they said they hadn't hear about it but based on how the forums were blowing up they expected a fix soon.

우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
rfoster
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1005 Posts
July 15 2012 15:06 GMT
#16
On July 15 2012 23:57 Probe1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2012 21:57 gogatorsfoster wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Is anyone else not able to log in or find match right now?

I got out of a ladder game and then I got that swirling thing in the middle of the screen, and it wouldnt go away.
So I logged out and now I cant get past the screen where it says enter.

Hope I`m not the only one or you guys know how to fix it.

Edit***
So apparently its only on my main account. Does this mean I am banned or something? I cant think of a reason I should be banned.

Have you tried logging into battle.net (the actual site)? It should tell you there if your account is banned.

This seems relevant for you vvv
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2012 23:24 Scorevath wrote:
I think Blizz is having issues right now. A lot of people are complaining about this or a similar issue where your SC2 account seemingly doesn't exist. Right now when I log in it shows a blank portrait and won't let me get past the log in. I also can't view my account on b.net. It just errors.

I called Tech Support and they said they hadn't hear about it but based on how the forums were blowing up they expected a fix soon.



Thanks for the info. No I`m not banned I`m in the same boat as everyone else is apparently.
M7Jagger
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden237 Posts
July 15 2012 23:56 GMT
#17
How come there are no black progamers?
Brace your're selves. Grammar, nazis are Coming
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 00:04:32
July 16 2012 00:04 GMT
#18
On July 16 2012 08:56 M7Jagger wrote:
How come there are no black progamers?


Dunno for black ones, but I've seen mixed race ones. I think MaximusBlack is kinda a recent example. Well, I don't know how he exactly thinks of his ethnicity, but his skin is much darker than mine, so I just assumed that.
xPabt
Profile Joined February 2012
226 Posts
July 16 2012 01:58 GMT
#19
Are the brackets for MLG Arena going to be released before the event or are they not set yet?
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 02:04:05
July 16 2012 02:03 GMT
#20
On July 16 2012 08:56 M7Jagger wrote:
How come there are no black progamers?


There are plenty, but not in the RTS community. Most of them seem to be in the fighting game community.
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 923
WardiTV331
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 13258
StarCastTV_EN403
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko351
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 16811
Bisu 4751
Jaedong 4163
EffOrt 1285
BeSt 932
ZerO 538
Horang2 448
Pusan 304
actioN 296
Zeus 254
[ Show more ]
Larva 205
Hyun 147
Mind 137
Barracks 107
ggaemo 89
Killer 49
scan(afreeca) 43
Sharp 41
Shinee 38
NotJumperer 36
Bale 34
ToSsGirL 31
Sea.KH 29
Hm[arnc] 20
Sacsri 19
Terrorterran 15
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
zelot 8
Dota 2
Dendi795
League of Legends
JimRising 343
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1785
byalli648
markeloff62
Other Games
crisheroes261
Pyrionflax199
DeMusliM146
dupreeh116
Mew2King62
QueenE5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV576
League of Legends
• Jankos1193
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 25m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.