• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:05
CEST 18:05
KST 01:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9508 users

[July] SC2 General Discussion - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
ghindo
Profile Joined March 2012
United States58 Posts
July 16 2012 04:58 GMT
#21
On July 16 2012 08:56 M7Jagger wrote:
How come there are no black progamers?

I've always been curious about the demographics of different gaming communities. The fighting game community always seems a lot more diverse than the RTS community, but I'm not sure why. Accessibility? Culture? Does BM language drive people away? I wish I could see a study on this.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
July 16 2012 06:52 GMT
#22
Lol, fighting game community is pretty hardcore when it comes to bm I think, compared to the RTS community
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
tsango
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia214 Posts
July 16 2012 08:11 GMT
#23
On July 16 2012 13:58 ghindo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 08:56 M7Jagger wrote:
How come there are no black progamers?

I've always been curious about the demographics of different gaming communities. The fighting game community always seems a lot more diverse than the RTS community, but I'm not sure why. Accessibility? Culture? Does BM language drive people away? I wish I could see a study on this.



Without any hard evidence to support it, I've always felt as though console FPS's had the worst BM mainly because of the demographic they attract. I have certainly seen some pretty serious DOTA BM's/Rages though
If you dont like something, then that should be reason enough to try and change it
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
July 16 2012 09:19 GMT
#24
So, with both NASL, Dreamhack and Homestory won by foreigners, do you think that we're seeing a more level playing field between the foreign scene and the Korean one?
Coffeeling
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Finland250 Posts
July 16 2012 10:49 GMT
#25
On July 16 2012 13:58 ghindo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 08:56 M7Jagger wrote:
How come there are no black progamers?

I've always been curious about the demographics of different gaming communities. The fighting game community always seems a lot more diverse than the RTS community, but I'm not sure why. Accessibility? Culture? Does BM language drive people away? I wish I could see a study on this.


A long piece, but should shed some light on potential reasons as to why:
http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/12/guest-editorial-momentum-matters-a-historical-perspective-on-the-fgc-and-esports-communities-2/
Squee
Repent702
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1 Post
July 16 2012 12:01 GMT
#26
I would like to know if spam queuing the harvesters to return cargo will increase their efficiency by 7% ish as before? I tried this and watched it closely in an AI match to check if it hasn't been changed in anyway and am not seeing much of a difference. I watch the pro replays and notice the 100+ APM with a lot of harvester interaction so I am wondering... Thank you in advance for any responses! -Repent from Vegas
DemigodcelpH
Profile Joined August 2011
1138 Posts
July 16 2012 12:27 GMT
#27
On July 16 2012 08:56 M7Jagger wrote:
How come there are no black progamers?


Aphromoo is a professional LoL player who is also in the top 0.01% of League ladder, and the fighting game community also has a lot of famous black professionals. As far as SC2 Devo is the only famous black SC2 player I know of, but he's not a pro.
M7Jagger
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden237 Posts
July 16 2012 13:03 GMT
#28
Why is it so that Terran has to stutter step while protoss only has to a-move with their units?

User was temp banned for this post.
Brace your're selves. Grammar, nazis are Coming
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 14:15:34
July 16 2012 14:10 GMT
#29
---
I had a good night of sleep.
Andre
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Slovenia3523 Posts
July 16 2012 14:27 GMT
#30
Something like this has been purposed in the past but not discussed enough I think.

Basically I'd like fungal to be changed so that it requires more micro from the zerg and his enemy.
Here's a video of a fungal being a missile + Show Spoiler +
( not my video)
Note that in the video, where the fungal is targetted the missile will explode, in essence it can actually pass marines. I would change this missile to hit on impact. This would first, make zerg aim the fungals and second his enemy would have to dodge. The speed of the missile could be changed, I think it's quite alright in the video shown.

Imagine MKP invididually sending his marines to block the fungals from hitting all of his marines, while moving the bulk of the army away from the infestors..would be glorious. Evenly for the zerg as he would have to predict where the enemy is moving and try to hit in such a way that most of the units are hit by fungal.

I don't see many flaws in this change, you can argue that it's a nerf, which it is but it can be neglected by player's skill.
It would add an interesting dynamic of aiming/dodging, rearranging armies to block fungals etc.

The only negative I can think of it is that is too similiar to EMP, and this is quite big I think because we want races to be different.

So my next purposal would be to maybe make Fungal like a delayed aoe-spell. Like green moss would sprout from the ground and then after X seconds( 0,5 perhaps?), the FG goes into effect. This could be interesting as well, zerg would force the enemy into moving, the fungals wouldn't neccessarily even have to hit as forcing the enemy into unfavorable positions could be better for flanks.

Also I'd like to make EMP a bit slower so as to add more in-battle micro/reaction based moves.

I don't really think FG or EMP or anything else is imba, but I think they should require more skill to use and give the enemy to react(which has been mentioned a million times i know).

Any thoughts? Would Blizzard add something like this? Why wouldn't they? Is it changing the gameplay too much? Is it too "arcade-ish" and not enough RTS-ish?

Any comments would be welcome.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.
SpurvL
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden345 Posts
July 16 2012 15:45 GMT
#31
On July 16 2012 21:27 DemigodcelpH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 08:56 M7Jagger wrote:
How come there are no black progamers?


Aphromoo is a professional LoL player who is also in the top 0.01% of League ladder, and the fighting game community also has a lot of famous black professionals. As far as SC2 Devo is the only famous black SC2 player I know of, but he's not a pro.


(Z)DeVo is black?
Naniwa, ThorZaiN, SaSe, DeMusliM, White-RA... Where are my Zerg heroes?.. Stephano <3
Rudermensch
Profile Joined April 2011
United States50 Posts
July 16 2012 20:29 GMT
#32
Hey there, I lurk a lot and was looking for a thread on HotS to comment on some ideas but couldn't find one. I hope this is the right place.

I had an idea regarding the proposed Ultralisk changes in the multiplayer. Now, of course we haven't as a community had a chance to play the game yet, but as I understand things the burrow-charge ability is being considered as a means of allowing Ultralisks to close in on kiting units (esp: Terran). As an added effect, it disrupts positioning and randomly moves the units it erupts under within a certain radius of the eruption point. The last part of the ability I think is potentially problematic, but I'm going to ignore it as no one has really had a chance to play it yet.

If the problem is that the Ultralisk has issues with pathing and being able to close on units wouldn't a simpler solution be to alter the pathing of the Ultralisk in a manner similar to the way the Colossus is able to move over units? If the Ultralisk were able to walk over/through units such as Zerglings/Banelings and possibly Roaches and Hydras it would allow the unit not to get stuck on smaller units, fit better with it being as massive as it is supposed to be, and it would still be able to hit given it has a range of 1 so that it can attack over other melee units. It wouldn't entirely solve the issue of kiting but it would help the Ultralisk gain positioning on armies if the Zerglings/Banelings were able to swarm over their feet and not block the Ultralisk or vice-versa.

I'd like to get some thoughts on this, especially if it's been proposed before, or to have it moved to its own topic if it warrants.
It's like looking into the eye of a duck and sucking all the fluid from its beak.
StarcraftGuy4U
Profile Joined May 2010
United States74 Posts
July 16 2012 21:54 GMT
#33
Give ultralisks a charge move like zealots (with an upgrade) that paths through units. Ultralisks would be really OP if they could walk over everything. Right now really the only bad thing about them is that they can't chase at all and their pathing is horrible. When they actually connect it's devastating. Leenock VS. MKP in the IGN team league I think? He was wiping out swathes of marines!
ghindo
Profile Joined March 2012
United States58 Posts
July 16 2012 22:21 GMT
#34
On July 16 2012 19:49 Coffee Zombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 13:58 ghindo wrote:
On July 16 2012 08:56 M7Jagger wrote:
How come there are no black progamers?

I've always been curious about the demographics of different gaming communities. The fighting game community always seems a lot more diverse than the RTS community, but I'm not sure why. Accessibility? Culture? Does BM language drive people away? I wish I could see a study on this.


A long piece, but should shed some light on potential reasons as to why:
http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/12/guest-editorial-momentum-matters-a-historical-perspective-on-the-fgc-and-esports-communities-2/
Interesting read! Thanks for posting
Vaftrudner
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden1185 Posts
July 17 2012 00:57 GMT
#35
This is a question that has probably been asked a hundred times before, but I've searched on the forum, Liquipedia and Battle.net without finding an answer, and I hope you can be patient with another noob. I'm in Silver league and my division name is Colossus Beta. I've heard that divisions of a league are "harder" and "easier", with more skilled players in some. According to Liquipedia, divisions are ranked with numbers, but mine has a name. Liquipedia also shows tiers in Diamond league with different letters, but I can't find anything like that. I'm just curious, is there a way to find out whether or not I'm in a higher or lower silver division? Does it actually mean something?

And I'm really happy that I just hit silver. It probably doesn't seem like much for you experienced players but I finally feel like I have some sort of progress
"Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one." - Day9
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 12:00:44
July 17 2012 12:00 GMT
#36
Someone should make a hardcover, really nicely-bound, publishing of all of Liquipedia II

I was just thinking that would be really sick, and perhaps a new edition annually or diannually is that a word
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
Deadp00l
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1 Post
July 17 2012 17:15 GMT
#37
On July 17 2012 21:00 Vei wrote:
Someone should make a hardcover, really nicely-bound, publishing of all of Liquipedia II

I was just thinking that would be really sick, and perhaps a new edition annually or diannually is that a word


Diannually isn't a word, I think you mean biannually. It really depends on whether you mean twice a year (biannually, semiannually) or once every two years (biennial).
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
July 17 2012 21:26 GMT
#38
On July 18 2012 02:15 Deadp00l wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 21:00 Vei wrote:
Someone should make a hardcover, really nicely-bound, publishing of all of Liquipedia II

I was just thinking that would be really sick, and perhaps a new edition annually or diannually is that a word


Diannually isn't a word, I think you mean biannually. It really depends on whether you mean twice a year (biannually, semiannually) or once every two years (biennial).

yeah biennial is what i was looking for :B
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
July 18 2012 05:44 GMT
#39
do you guys remember the sc2 custom map that is called world of starcraft , and was forced to be renamed? Is that UMS published yet and what is it called
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
slimcognito2012
Profile Joined May 2011
United States29 Posts
July 18 2012 20:56 GMT
#40
On July 17 2012 00:45 SpurvL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 21:27 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On July 16 2012 08:56 M7Jagger wrote:
How come there are no black progamers?


Aphromoo is a professional LoL player who is also in the top 0.01% of League ladder, and the fighting game community also has a lot of famous black professionals. As far as SC2 Devo is the only famous black SC2 player I know of, but he's not a pro.


(Z)DeVo is black?

I think he means Debo, Destiny's friend
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 93
BRAT_OK 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5026
Bisu 1945
Soulkey 1609
EffOrt 828
Mini 596
Horang2 388
Larva 357
ZerO 327
ggaemo 255
actioN 251
[ Show more ]
Yoon 116
Dewaltoss 112
Mind 92
sorry 84
hero 76
Shinee 70
Sharp 70
Barracks 65
Sea.KH 63
Pusan 57
Snow 48
Hyun 43
Bale 33
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 20
Rock 17
Terrorterran 16
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 11
Noble 9
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5500
qojqva2516
Dendi1281
420jenkins290
League of Legends
Reynor65
Counter-Strike
fl0m3168
x6flipin1212
Fnx 673
edward40
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes365
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1272
hiko1039
B2W.Neo448
DeMusliM316
XBOCT255
Livibee231
Liquid`VortiX211
FrodaN180
QueenE98
TKL 49
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV72
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 76
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV630
League of Legends
• Nemesis3660
• TFBlade587
Other Games
• Shiphtur474
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 55m
Patches Events
23h 55m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.