• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:26
CEST 14:26
KST 21:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9857 users

[December] SC2 General Discussion

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
December 16 2011 04:32 GMT
#1
BLalbalba 15 days late.

Previous Editions
+ Show Spoiler +

November '11
October '11
September '11
August '11
July '11
June '11
May '11
April '11
March '11
February '11
January '11
December '10
November '10
October '10
September '10
August '10
July '10
June '10
May '10
April '10
March '10
February '10
January '10
December '09
November '09


Q: What is this thread?

A: General purpose, SC2 discussion thread.

Q: What should I be posting about?
A: Basically, anything you want to talk about but aren't sure if it warrants a topic of its own. Heard a rumour you want to share? A new video? A question you are sure is super common but can't find the answer to via searching? A brilliant new idea that you want to vet, to make sure it's really as brilliant as you think it is?

This is the place.


Note:
Posting standards will not be as high as if you were to make a new thread, but pointless spam will still not be tolerated. I have seen threads like these work out alright on other sites (for other games) so I figured, why not give it a shot? It's possible there's not really enough content for something like this to exist at this point in time, but no harm then, it will just die on its own.

Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-16 04:46:43
December 16 2011 04:38 GMT
#2
I think pro players struggle with PvZ. Is there a hope for Protoss before HotS?

Edit: One more. Storm seems to be underused at that match-up unless there is heavy muta play. Can we see some regular storm usage without protoss dying helplessly?
dacimvrl
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State582 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-16 04:42:46
December 16 2011 04:40 GMT
#3
It seems like Protoss has fairly restricted openings and tech choices (in order to be successful), but MC did show us how a FFE can work in favor or toss if done right at the Blizzard Cup. (Most notably the games vs Leenock and the 2nd match vs DRG.) MC did throw away the 3rd game for no reason with carriers and bunch of motherships....
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-16 05:13:33
December 16 2011 05:07 GMT
#4
I guess there will be an incoming Slayers interview.

http://prikachi.com/images/16/4149016y.png

p.s. I think I saw MMA, but I'm not sure.
Pinna
Profile Joined April 2011
Finland152 Posts
December 16 2011 05:10 GMT
#5
Which race dominates the ladder(s), even in highest places? Not meaning the race which has the most players, but meaning the race which has highest win/lose ratio.
School..
emc
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3088 Posts
December 16 2011 05:14 GMT
#6
I'd really like to see more mech in TvP and see how it could be possible. I think a mech/air based style would actually be possible, with banshees, tanks a couple ravens and mass hellion with hellion drops everywhere (or mass marine with marine drops everywhere).
WesleyLok
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada99 Posts
December 16 2011 05:19 GMT
#7
PvZ seems ridiculously unbalanced atm, we can clearly see the protoss players in gsl struggling with this. Hots also does not seem to be a fix to this, since the units zerg are getting such as viper nullify protoss "power units" like colossus.
CarlCaliente
Profile Joined July 2010
53 Posts
December 16 2011 05:19 GMT
#8
mech is dumb, artosis is dumb, go tribes

User was warned for this post
CakeMaster
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada65 Posts
December 16 2011 06:59 GMT
#9
I dont understand how your league is chosen every season. Every season since the first one I play one game, then get directly placed into a division in Gold. For season 4, I purposely attempted to get into bronze, and see if I could advance, as I dont see my skill level as high as Gold. When I probe rushed and lost, I got into gold, but when my friend probe rushed and won, he got into bronze.
Main Question: How is your league chosen every season? Based on previous, or completely reselected?

Theres also been talk about how (Z)Zenio just joined Liquid, and how EG needs a new korean player to match up. Most people are proposing (Z)Leenock but I dont see that happening. EG just partnered with SlayerS recently, so I believe that would be their best chance (even though their family is so close). I would have to go with (Z)CoCa or (P)Puzzle. CoCa because his recent interest in the international scene, and Puzzle cause... well, hes Puzzle.

Also, GSL Nov Up/Down groups just came out! What do y'all think of them? Im to lazy to make predictions right now, but I would like to see these people come out of it (I chose 2 from each group):
(P)HuK, (P)Alicia - (Z)MorroW, (T)Ryung - (T)Polt, (Z)Zenio - (T)BoxeR, (T)Taeja - (P)HerO, (T)Clide
OMG BOXER CODE S YAYAYAYAYA (and huk, will always be my favorite)
Thanks. I like expressing my pointless thoughts.
EG.HuK Fighting!
COLDbear
Profile Joined December 2011
United States39 Posts
December 16 2011 07:11 GMT
#10
How many of your games have you cheesed?
Fav sites: StarcraftDiary.com, GosuGamers.net, Drop.SC
MasTerPro
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada17 Posts
December 16 2011 07:30 GMT
#11
0
292
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
December 16 2011 07:31 GMT
#12
On December 16 2011 14:10 Pinna wrote:
Which race dominates the ladder(s), even in highest places? Not meaning the race which has the most players, but meaning the race which has highest win/lose ratio.

I would say Protoss definitely. It's the easier race up to high masters
dacimvrl
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State582 Posts
December 16 2011 07:50 GMT
#13
On December 16 2011 14:10 Pinna wrote:
Which race dominates the ladder(s), even in highest places? Not meaning the race which has the most players, but meaning the race which has highest win/lose ratio.


Asians, of course, we got +APM racials
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
December 16 2011 11:31 GMT
#14
On December 16 2011 16:31 IMoperator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2011 14:10 Pinna wrote:
Which race dominates the ladder(s), even in highest places? Not meaning the race which has the most players, but meaning the race which has highest win/lose ratio.

I would say Protoss definitely. It's the easier race up to high masters


Every race averages around a 50% win/loss ratio, because the ladder skews players towards a 50% win/loss ratio. Kind of a meaningless question.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-16 14:04:47
December 16 2011 14:01 GMT
#15
On December 16 2011 15:59 CakeMaster wrote:
I dont understand how your league is chosen every season. Every season since the first one I play one game, then get directly placed into a division in Gold. For season 4, I purposely attempted to get into bronze, and see if I could advance, as I dont see my skill level as high as Gold. When I probe rushed and lost, I got into gold, but when my friend probe rushed and won, he got into bronze.
Main Question: How is your league chosen every season? Based on previous, or completely reselected?



Its based on your MMR. Not really anything to do with what league you were previously or your placement match. If you're in gold you've got an MMR of a gold level. If you want to end up in bronze you'll have to tank your MMR by losing a bunch of games until your MMR drops to bronze level.

Example: I'm in Silver at the moment but I win something like 60-70% of my games and most of my opponents are Gold. Because the season is locked I can't be promoted but because most of my opponents are Gold my MMR is around Gold-level (because I'm being matched with Golds). So next season I expect to be promoted to Gold if not after placement then shortly after I start laddering (assuming I keep my winrate up). However if I just flat out quit my placement match then odds are I'll still either be placed into Gold or be very close; because that one single match will have a negligible effect on my MMR.


On a personal note...anyone else around Silver/Gold level on EU noticing a LOT of Protoss trying to 4-gate again all of a sudden? Dunno where this trend is coming from lately. It took me by surprise at first and I lost a couple but after the initial shock its handing me a lot of wins so I'm not complaining.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
crydee
Profile Joined October 2011
92 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-16 15:09:32
December 16 2011 15:05 GMT
#16
I think an interesting way for T mech to be useful in both TvZ, TvP and TvT is to make the helion only armored and not light. This gives them a little more strength vs banelings and can be more useful in defending the tank/thor against a ling/baneling swarm that hits before the mutas try a magic box.

This can make Helion vs Helion battles not as critical in TvT too where maybe one misclick one player loses a lot of helions and is set back in the early game and is forced to turtle more.

Against P, T can't open mech because the P will pump too many immos. But in the very late game I think a T slow switch to mech could be very useful. A few Thors in the front to absorb the first 20 zealot charges/archons moving in would be huge in tanking some damage. Also, at the point where P can warp in 10 chargelots T switching to mix in blue-flame would be ideal. However, at that point in the game usually everyone is 3/3 and 3/3/3 but the T mech is 0/0 so they wouldn't even bother trying, especially after upgrading bio 3/3 and most likely T ship weapons for vikings vs col. Upgrading mech as well would be too much of an investment. I think to solve this you make T ship and mech weapon upgrades the same (not armor). That way the helions already have the dmg upgrade since you upgraded the vikings. This way you can pop out mass blue flame to help counter mass chargelot.

P in late game will get almost every unit in their dealthball vs T (templar, archon, chargelot, stalker, col, immo, sentry) but T tries to make the same bio work all game. I think these few changes could re-invent Mech in both match ups.

tldr; make helion only armored and not light, make T ship and ground weapons from armory the same upgrade.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
December 16 2011 21:33 GMT
#17
That isn't a balance proposal. That's completely rewriting the entire game. I'll be critically honest- it's a terrible idea. I don't like being that stark but that is the worst balance theory bullshit craft I've ever read.

>Give Terran a massive buff by making weapon upgrades apply to their two higher tech production structures
>Make hellions better despite them being already good enough and set for a huge change in HotS anyway

Mech is a viable alternative to the standard TvZ/P builds, albeit less so in TvP. All compositions do not have to be optimal to be successful.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
December 16 2011 21:36 GMT
#18
how long does the ladder lock last?
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-16 23:11:18
December 16 2011 23:06 GMT
#19
Until the 20th I believe. It says in game.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
December 16 2011 23:13 GMT
#20
On December 17 2011 08:06 Probe1 wrote:
Until the 20th I believe. It says in game.

alright, I guess I missed that thanks man
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 919
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings236
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42889
Shuttle 12388
FanTaSy 1747
Hyuk 1175
BeSt 564
Horang2 534
Pusan 347
Mini 323
Stork 255
EffOrt 197
[ Show more ]
Last 157
Zeus 151
Killer 136
Mind 92
sorry 63
Hyun 62
Snow 53
ggaemo 49
PianO 48
Soma 48
Sea.KH 45
ToSsGirL 36
hero 30
Hm[arnc] 29
Bale 29
Aegong 19
JYJ 18
zelot 15
Sacsri 10
NaDa 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi914
XcaliburYe363
Counter-Strike
fl0m2157
byalli928
x6flipin442
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu251
Other Games
gofns41343
singsing3134
B2W.Neo1045
Hui .152
Livibee136
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream74
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• swagsyndrome_0
League of Legends
• Nemesis917
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 34m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 34m
Replay Cast
10h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.