• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:00
CEST 21:00
KST 04:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9521 users

[December] SC2 General Discussion - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Dariusz
Profile Joined May 2011
Poland657 Posts
December 19 2011 12:43 GMT
#61
On December 19 2011 07:47 GleefulPiXie wrote:
I agree with the inclination that PvZ needs something because it seems pros and myself are getting picked apart on ladder with Mutas. This being said, storms are extremely effective.


Stop doing 2 base pushes that don't work and defend in time. That's what needs to be done. If you see pros getting picked apart by muta play, then you watch wrong players. Sage and Squirtle seem to deal with mutas with no problem, cuz they don't get behind in early game and they just get templars and defend on 3 bases with blink. Beating people like Stephano, Losira and Nesta consistently in 20-30+ min long games even on tal'darim.
CaptainCrush
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States785 Posts
December 19 2011 17:44 GMT
#62
Do you feel like the HT storm radius is too large? I feel like it is but I have an abysmal TvP record and it may just be that I suck. But here's what I'm thinking:

Terran doesnt stand a chance in an engagement without stim. So once an harmy has stimmed, they are borderline yellow in health. Then a storm comes in and can hit up to 3/4 of your army. This pushes them all to red health!

Now, keep in mind that the main reason ghosts were nerfed was that they removed the shields (essentially half health) of protoss units but even before the nerf, the EMP radius was still smaller than a storm. Is it fair that a storm removes half of the health, if not more of a terran bio ball and has a radius that is now much larger than an EMP? If you think it is fair, what do you do to get around the issue?
Fortis-Et-Fidus
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-19 19:04:31
December 19 2011 18:23 GMT
#63
I dont think the radius is too big, emp raidus is smaller but i think it is balanced
"Battle Crusier Operational"
CaptainCrush
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States785 Posts
December 19 2011 19:29 GMT
#64
On December 20 2011 03:23 Fortis-Et-Fidus wrote:
I dont think the radius is too big, emp raidus is smaller but i think it is balanced


Do you care to offer any reasons or examples why? Or are you one of those who thinks that terran has it too easy and it should remain that way simply because thats how it started?
Trowa127
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1230 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-19 20:33:15
December 19 2011 20:21 GMT
#65
On December 20 2011 04:29 CaptainCrush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2011 03:23 Fortis-Et-Fidus wrote:
I dont think the radius is too big, emp raidus is smaller but i think it is balanced


Do you care to offer any reasons or examples why? Or are you one of those who thinks that terran has it too easy and it should remain that way simply because thats how it started?


Well the general consensus is that as EMP damage is instant and you can't dodge it, where as storms are very easy to micro out of, its logical to have a larger radius for a storm as its a DOT.

Clarification - when I say 'easy to doge' I mean for a pro Terran play with extremely good micro. I'm not talking about Joe Diamond here.
Bling, MC, Snute, HwangSin, Deranging (<3) fan. 'Full name - ESP ORTS' Vote hotbid. Vote ESPORTS.
Humunuk
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia132 Posts
December 19 2011 20:51 GMT
#66
Figured out why asian have such an awesome APM and eye coordination combined with map awareness.
Its not genetic masterpiece by god, its something far more awesome.


+ Show Spoiler +

Chopsticks:
[image loading]



Imagine if you have to use these everything you do since birth.
Try to eat with those for few weeks and you will see how your skill improves!
PopcornColonel
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
December 20 2011 22:53 GMT
#67
Does anyone know where dignitas select lives? I could have sworn I just saw him walking down the street (10 mins ago) in new York City. I was wearing a dignitas hoodie and he didn't say anything so I have my doubts.
Zerg delenda est.
NerdCRAFT
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States53 Posts
December 21 2011 00:27 GMT
#68
I believe that KiwiKaki is very much under rated in this currently Korean dominant scene.
Sheep may talk peace with a wolf, but the wolf always answers the same. No.
aSymptote
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada4 Posts
December 21 2011 04:19 GMT
#69
I just played my placement match for this season, It was against a masters zerg and i was high diamond last season, yet I still got placed back into diamond WTF BLIZZARD?


[image loading]
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
December 21 2011 04:25 GMT
#70
What ever happened to the TvP MEch Daily that Day9 was going to do O_O. Unless he saw all those replays and really concluded that its not possible.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Altercate
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden75 Posts
December 21 2011 11:42 GMT
#71
On December 18 2011 07:27 Darkhoarse wrote:
In MLG DC of 2010, Select was playing Huk in the loser's finals. Huk went for a fast mothership in the deciding game 2. Although the fans were overjoyed by his play and there was some humorous in game chat, Select went straight up Marine Marauder and won that game. Although Select was actually I believe criticized for playing standard when it was obvious huk was having fun, it made sense for him to do what he did for the sake of more prize money.
This game can be seen here: (click the smiley lolz)
Another more recent example is MC going for Carriers and motherships in game four of his series against DRG in the Blizzard Cup. Had he won this game, he would have advanced to the finals and a shot at the title. However, DRG shut this down with corruptors and MC lost. I don't think he will be trying that strategy in a tournament again. If you want to see more about this matchup there are a few write ups on TL that you can read.
I agree with you that it is fun to watch players go with strange strats. It makes the game very entertaining. However, players want a shot at winning, and most players won't put themselves in jeopardy of elimination by being "entertaining" and I cannot blame them.


Thanks for the link!

I'm sad that Blizzard is "giving up" on the Mothership and replacing it. I don't have any answers and I understand Blizzard wants a tightly balanced game with units that all see regular use in the metagame. So, sure, it doesn't make sense to keep the Mothership around when it's mostly a novelty item. But it's so cool. I would be overjoyed if Blizzard could've found a way to re-balance the Mothership to make it a more integral game piece in the mid/late game.
StarCraft II for Complete Beginners - youtube.com/user/AltercateSC
zeehar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-21 11:58:31
December 21 2011 11:58 GMT
#72
mothership is near useless in pvt but in pvz it is pretty darn useful, especially if the zerg is going for a BL composition

on NA, people love telling me that i'm horrible as they lose. what is with this? i had three different people tell me this yesterday as i go through their base (masters). this doesn't happen in KR, people either ragequit or gg out.
I AM THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
December 21 2011 12:30 GMT
#73
may i know whats the graphic setting to have the toss building outline to appear?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Angel_
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1617 Posts
December 21 2011 23:05 GMT
#74
my unit control is so fail. I was mad that it's been placing me against high gold/low plat opponents but then puts me in the bottom of silver in the beginning of the new season after placement (still dont get that one), but then i scout this guy going 8 gates on 1 base with two warp prisms, so I'm totally ready for it...and instead of clicking all my stalkers and blinking them I blink 3. and the rest of the stalkers were just sitting there the whole time while he ate my base. my immortals? with my three stalkers. or as terran, im elevatoring up, but i move my medivacs slightly because they're flying off and my fucking marines decide to start chasing the medivacs because im trying to load them up to drop. granted i still think all drop ships are sort of retarded sometimes, but...damn i fail.
Angel_
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1617 Posts
December 21 2011 23:07 GMT
#75
On December 21 2011 21:30 justiceknight wrote:
may i know whats the graphic setting to have the toss building outline to appear?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



the graph? it's not a graphic settings, it's a toggle in the Gameplay menu.
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
December 21 2011 23:09 GMT
#76
On December 21 2011 20:42 Altercate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 07:27 Darkhoarse wrote:
In MLG DC of 2010, Select was playing Huk in the loser's finals. Huk went for a fast mothership in the deciding game 2. Although the fans were overjoyed by his play and there was some humorous in game chat, Select went straight up Marine Marauder and won that game. Although Select was actually I believe criticized for playing standard when it was obvious huk was having fun, it made sense for him to do what he did for the sake of more prize money.
This game can be seen here: (click the smiley lolz)
Another more recent example is MC going for Carriers and motherships in game four of his series against DRG in the Blizzard Cup. Had he won this game, he would have advanced to the finals and a shot at the title. However, DRG shut this down with corruptors and MC lost. I don't think he will be trying that strategy in a tournament again. If you want to see more about this matchup there are a few write ups on TL that you can read.
I agree with you that it is fun to watch players go with strange strats. It makes the game very entertaining. However, players want a shot at winning, and most players won't put themselves in jeopardy of elimination by being "entertaining" and I cannot blame them.


Thanks for the link!

I'm sad that Blizzard is "giving up" on the Mothership and replacing it. I don't have any answers and I understand Blizzard wants a tightly balanced game with units that all see regular use in the metagame. So, sure, it doesn't make sense to keep the Mothership around when it's mostly a novelty item. But it's so cool. I would be overjoyed if Blizzard could've found a way to re-balance the Mothership to make it a more integral game piece in the mid/late game.

Its not the mothership im sorry about. Is the FREAKING CARRIER. its so iconic
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
MujaChip
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2 Posts
December 22 2011 00:30 GMT
#77
Hello everyone I just registered to Team Liquid's site. I played broodwar and got to c- on ICCUP. I been playing SC2 for a week now and finished season 4 on top 8 Gold division. I was wondering if there is any tournaments for bronze, silver or gold?
Michigan
MujaChip
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2 Posts
December 22 2011 00:33 GMT
#78
I was gold in season 4 and i played 1 placement for season 5 and they placed me in bronze....????
Michigan
Altercate
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden75 Posts
December 22 2011 00:38 GMT
#79
On December 22 2011 08:09 CeriseCherries wrote:
Its not the mothership im sorry about. Is the FREAKING CARRIER. its so iconic


Aww man, I'd forgotten about that. Yeah, I -love- the carrier. If the purpose of the Tempest is to shore up Protoss anti-air capabilities against Zerg, then I would've been much happier to see interceptors receive a buff that made them stronger against biological air units. Like give their air-to-air attack splash damage.
StarCraft II for Complete Beginners - youtube.com/user/AltercateSC
Altercate
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden75 Posts
December 22 2011 00:40 GMT
#80
On December 21 2011 21:30 justiceknight wrote:
may i know whats the graphic setting to have the toss building outline to appear?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


You mean the green outline beneath the holographic projection of the pylon, right? I don't have my gaming computer with me but I believe the option is "Display Build Grid" under "Gameplay" options.
StarCraft II for Complete Beginners - youtube.com/user/AltercateSC
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1868
RotterdaM944
TaKeTV 347
IndyStarCraft 208
SteadfastSC107
ZombieGrub85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1868
RotterdaM 944
IndyStarCraft 208
MaxPax 172
RuFF_SC2 120
SteadfastSC 107
ZombieGrub85
UpATreeSC 72
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3003
Shuttle 587
Dewaltoss 102
910 75
Zeus 70
Mind 68
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 15
Dota 2
qojqva3597
Counter-Strike
fl0m6399
pashabiceps1352
Fnx 667
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4368
Liquid`Hasu442
Other Games
singsing1980
Beastyqt767
ceh9467
mouzStarbuck371
C9.Mang0138
ToD103
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 145
• StrangeGG 36
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 19
• Eskiya23 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie598
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h
Afreeca Starleague
15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.