• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:32
CEST 00:32
KST 07:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8458 users

BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 209 210 211 Next
Chosi
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Germany1309 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-12-30 13:56:47
April 10 2020 13:35 GMT
#1
Hi guys,

I wrote about some guy running a script to auto balance 3v3 bgh games on EU. The script had no name but now it seems to have a website -> https://bghmmr.eu/ (former http://bghmmr.pl/ and https://bghmmr.com/ ) I really enjoy playing this as most other 3v3 or 4v4 host still just get all good players in their team, whatever the fun in that might be.

Just wanted to share this, it's not mine but I like it :-)
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope I’m still around to see it.
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9558 Posts
April 10 2020 13:39 GMT
#2
Thanks for posting, this looks pretty nifty.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
wslkgmlk
Profile Joined November 2014
Australia38 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-10 13:52:10
April 10 2020 13:51 GMT
#3
This is pretty cool, whoever runs this should make a 2v2 version for typical maps (like Fighting Spirit, Python, etc.) cause then everyone will be playing it.
MaieVShadowsonG
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom43 Posts
April 10 2020 14:00 GMT
#4
@wslkgmlk please do not overdo it with your expectations. Chill down and enjoy a 30 min no rush bgh game

@chosi do you know which channel do i need to join so the bot will start counting the placement matches or whatever else i need to do?

cheers
Chosi
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Germany1309 Posts
April 10 2020 14:26 GMT
#5
You just need to look for the game "bgh auto balance" (or similar) - there is no channel. You can befriend "D3ADR3TARD" or bghmmrbot on Bnet to get notified for a new game.
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope I’m still around to see it.
wslkgmlk
Profile Joined November 2014
Australia38 Posts
April 10 2020 15:08 GMT
#6
Cool bot but the reporting is wrong, just won two games with a friend and it says we went 1-1 :/
Chosi
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Germany1309 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-10 20:22:25
April 10 2020 20:15 GMT
#7
The method to determine the balance is also not ideal. I think the result could be better if you would distribute the players by their APM. I checked my games (http://bghmmr.eu/player.php?player=Chosi) and in every game (except for disconnects) the team with the higher APM total (or average, doesn't change much) won.
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope I’m still around to see it.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
April 11 2020 04:53 GMT
#8
That is pretty cool, may check out 3v3 on EU to check it out, what is his username or game name he usually hosts them on?
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
April 11 2020 05:27 GMT
#9
On April 11 2020 13:53 GGzerG wrote:
That is pretty cool, may check out 3v3 on EU to check it out, what is his username or game name he usually hosts them on?

Could just read the thread.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
LG)Sabbath
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Argentina3024 Posts
April 11 2020 06:43 GMT
#10
On April 10 2020 22:51 wslkgmlk wrote:
This is pretty cool, whoever runs this should make a 2v2 version for typical maps (like Fighting Spirit, Python, etc.) cause then everyone will be playing it.

That would be awesome
https://www.twitch.tv/argsabbath/
Poegim
Profile Joined February 2017
Poland298 Posts
April 11 2020 08:33 GMT
#11
Make it for 2v2 FS/Python and be a hero of SC:R
[ RANKGIM.EU ] Aka: Poezja[T4], Zulu. [[ Probably second best player in the world. In honor of my best friend Moagim, he was a Kraken from the sea. Poegim ]]
SouL)Z(Silver
Profile Joined September 2019
Russian Federation347 Posts
April 11 2020 09:00 GMT
#12
On April 11 2020 17:33 Poegim wrote:
Make it for 2v2 FS/Python and be a hero of SC:R

+++++
SouL Gaming team | The organizer & admin large online & offline of tournaments on SC:R | Top1 National Caster
Poegim
Profile Joined February 2017
Poland298 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-11 09:23:13
April 11 2020 09:22 GMT
#13
nvm
[ RANKGIM.EU ] Aka: Poezja[T4], Zulu. [[ Probably second best player in the world. In honor of my best friend Moagim, he was a Kraken from the sea. Poegim ]]
Stogazull
Profile Joined April 2020
3 Posts
April 11 2020 09:31 GMT
#14
On April 10 2020 23:26 Chosi wrote:
You just need to look for the game "bgh auto balance" (or similar) - there is no channel. You can befriend "D3ADR3TARD" or bghmmrbot on Bnet to get notified for a new game.


Hi, how can i be notified about new game ? i try to had as a friend the nik you say but not working thanks
Chosi
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Germany1309 Posts
April 11 2020 10:10 GMT
#15
you can /whois bhgmmrbot frequently if he does not accept your friend-request, no other idea
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope I’m still around to see it.
D3AD-R3TARD
Profile Joined April 2020
Poland326 Posts
April 11 2020 11:05 GMT
#16
Hi, I'm the author of this script. I got tired of unbalanced BGH games and have started writing an app to auto-balance them. With time I gathered many saved games and started thinking of making something like BGH Ladder. It's still work in progress and I am aware that this system is not perfect. The balancing algorithm can be perfected for sure. Following Chosi's advice I look into using APM into setting initial MMR score. If that proves useful I'll recalculate all scores and maybe system will be more precise. Sometimes system gets winning team wrong - it's related with how the replays are saved but that's pretty rare. I usually run the hosting bot from 1400 to 2200-2300 CET. I would love to also start FS/Python ladder but now I am only able to run 1 hosting app at once so I use BGH 3x3 because that's my favorite custom game. Also 2x2 is harder to balance - only 3 options vs 10 options in 3x3.
+
https://bghmmr.eu
Chosi
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Germany1309 Posts
April 11 2020 11:08 GMT
#17
On April 11 2020 20:05 D3AD-R3TARD wrote:
Hi, I'm the author of this script. I got tired of unbalanced BGH games and have started writing an app to auto-balance them. With time I gathered many saved games and started thinking of making something like BGH Ladder. It's still work in progress and I am aware that this system is not perfect. The balancing algorithm can be perfected for sure. Following Chosi's advice I look into using APM into setting initial MMR score. If that proves useful I'll recalculate all scores and maybe system will be more precise. Sometimes system gets winning team wrong - it's related with how the replays are saved but that's pretty rare. I usually run the hosting bot from 1400 to 2200-2300 CET. I would love to also start FS/Python ladder but now I am only able to run 1 hosting app at once so I use BGH 3x3 because that's my favorite custom game. Also 2x2 is harder to balance - only 3 options vs 10 options in 3x3.


Love what you you do! Keep it up :-)
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope I’m still around to see it.
wslkgmlk
Profile Joined November 2014
Australia38 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-11 11:16:56
April 11 2020 11:16 GMT
#18
Hey DR, good to see you in this thread

I think the balance option is a good idea, I would also recommend an option for overriding the autobalancing feature and allowing people to select who their ally is. I know alot of players that are keen for a 2v2 ladder so they would want to choose who they play with if a 2v2 ladder is something that might happen in the future.

What is the restriction of running 1 hosting app right now? Would running this app on multiple virtual machines allow for multiple bots to exist as well?
wslkgmlk
Profile Joined November 2014
Australia38 Posts
April 11 2020 11:35 GMT
#19
By the way, reporting is really fast. As soon as the game is done the results are posted on the website almost instantaneously.
D3AD-R3TARD
Profile Joined April 2020
Poland326 Posts
April 11 2020 11:44 GMT
#20
That's good idea for another ladder - team 2x2. The reason there is only one hosting bot running atm is that VMs are kinda slow. I cant get virtualization of graphics to be very fast. The best thing i came up with is virtual desktop (Xephyr). Also I have to rewrite bot to work with non HD version of BW cause I don't want to buy many copies of SCR to host many ladders. Another option is to create client for users so that they can host games themselves and then send replays to update ladder results. But then people might not send replays where they lose or only send replays where the lose and break this system.
https://bghmmr.eu
1 2 3 4 5 209 210 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 121
ViBE71
CosmosSc2 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 585
Artosis 360
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever483
League of Legends
JimRising 474
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS103
PPMD40
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
Liquid`Hasu1457
Other Games
summit1g8029
shahzam528
byalli379
C9.Mang0219
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 28m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 28m
Stellar Fest
14h 28m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.