• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:30
CEST 22:30
KST 05:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7530 users

[December] SC2 General Discussion - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
January 03 2012 12:30 GMT
#161
Time to play everyone's favorite waiting game! How many days until Jinro makes the January General Discussion thread? lol
"En taro adun, Executor."
Kiichol
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden182 Posts
January 03 2012 16:19 GMT
#162
On January 03 2012 21:30 Chriscras wrote:
Time to play everyone's favorite waiting game! How many days until Jinro makes the January General Discussion thread? lol


Classic.

I disabled adblock because I didn't want the elephant to cry on TL anymore.

But now i'm getting ads for mail order brides and sex date sites or whatever they are.
Call me prude but it makes me uncomfortable =(
Any way to fix this?
“In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.” - Oscar Wilde
cyclone25
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Romania3344 Posts
January 03 2012 21:54 GMT
#163
On January 01 2012 03:02 stichtom wrote:
Who is Mikelangelo? He is first in GM EU with 87% win ratio.
http://www.sc2ranks.com/eu/1996440/Mikelangelo


It's Kas, he's playing on his stream from this account now.
Scila
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1849 Posts
January 04 2012 02:23 GMT
#164
Hey guys, I have a very general question. What is the best way to get better at sc2?

Laddering doesn't seem to help me improve that much, even when I play a lot more. I grinded 200+ games trying to get into GM in the week before season 5 but pretty much ended up in the same rank as before. Is custom games versus good players the only way to get better? Is there an alternative?
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
megapants
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1314 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 22:22:52
January 04 2012 22:20 GMT
#165
my family is getting new tv, phone and cable installed today and the installation guy looks a lot like gretorp :o

edit: @scila there are a ton of custom maps like marine split challenge that can help you improve your game. analyzing replays of both yourself and of players your level is also very beneficial to finding out your strengths, but more importantly your weaknesses.
tryteyker
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany83 Posts
January 04 2012 22:29 GMT
#166
On January 04 2012 11:23 Scila wrote:
Hey guys, I have a very general question. What is the best way to get better at sc2?

Laddering doesn't seem to help me improve that much, even when I play a lot more. I grinded 200+ games trying to get into GM in the week before season 5 but pretty much ended up in the same rank as before. Is custom games versus good players the only way to get better? Is there an alternative?


Honestly I don't think really aiming for GrandMaster when you are probably (completely) new at StarCRaft 2 is the right way to go about it.
I myself am in Bronze League and I can tell you that you won't LEARN anything, as most of your opponents don't use build orders or do not execute them too well.
However you can always look at your own play, supply count, and see where you made mistakes when executing your build order and so on. Such helps you get better aswell.
Also I suggest you turn your sound off and set every graphics to low, as it will force you to look around more often, look at your supply count and so on. It simply forces you to be aware of your situation and punishes you if you're not, that is also a great way to learn if you really notice your mistakes.
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 15:52:40
January 05 2012 15:52 GMT
#167
a toss question

when casting spells like FF whats the difference between

1) continuously pressing F and click
2) shift f then click

any good scenarios to describe the way of using it?
Gurafity
Profile Joined December 2011
Luxembourg20 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 17:19:25
January 05 2012 17:18 GMT
#168
Hello, I have a question :

I want to put the left click on my mouse wheel on starcraft, so I can spam some skills really fast. But I can't find how to do. Any Ideas ?

Thanks !
Soma.bokforlag
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden448 Posts
January 05 2012 20:05 GMT
#169
where is sjow? did he quit?
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
January 06 2012 07:32 GMT
#170
On January 04 2012 01:19 Kiichol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2012 21:30 Chriscras wrote:
Time to play everyone's favorite waiting game! How many days until Jinro makes the January General Discussion thread? lol


Classic.

I disabled adblock because I didn't want the elephant to cry on TL anymore.

But now i'm getting ads for mail order brides and sex date sites or whatever they are.
Call me prude but it makes me uncomfortable =(
Any way to fix this?


Clear out your cache

Just make sure you know all your passwords and don't sign up for xxx sites.
"En taro adun, Executor."
HamzasSister
Profile Joined February 2011
United States26 Posts
January 07 2012 04:04 GMT
#171
I live in NA and have an NA and a TW account (both with my same account so I log in the same just use a different client) I want to get an EU account so I am assuming I just log into battle.net select region , EU and than purchase it using all the same stuff? there was a warning on the site that said

"Game Region Warning
Retail copies sold in United States (your account country) will connect to the North America game region."

but on the page for payment it says "region, europe" so how do I get a working european starcraft 2 game on my same account?
whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
January 07 2012 08:42 GMT
#172
I just ran into some called "tossgirl". I'm in NA and in Silver League, and checking the match history, looked like they had lost about 4 in a row before I played them. I asked if they were famous somewhere, and they said Korea, then asked if I was Chinese. I then explained that "qq" meant something like crying, and then I held off a voidray all-in. Afterwards, they expanded to every other base on the map (which I was able to scout with the Vikings I had made) and from there, I got up on upgrades and killed off all the expos.

Now...granted, I was in silver league, and I'm fairly certain a BW pro as good as tossgirl wouldn't have fallen to a lowly silver league Terran like me, but the taking of the whole map, and the unit control I saw were absolutely "Korean", if I may be so bold. I couldn't find a "tossgirl" stream, so I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this player on the NA server as well, and if so, if the rumors of tossgirl coming to SC2 might thus be true. Not sure what she'd be doing on the NA servers losing to silver leaguers though...
dani`
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands2402 Posts
January 07 2012 09:00 GMT
#173
On January 07 2012 17:42 whoopingchow wrote:
I just ran into some called "tossgirl". I'm in NA and in Silver League,

[ ... ]

I couldn't find a "tossgirl" stream, so I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this player on the NA server as well, and if so, if the rumors of tossgirl coming to SC2 might thus be true. Not sure what she'd be doing on the NA servers losing to silver leaguers though...

Dude come on. You cannot be seriously wondering if (T)ToSsGirL is in NA Silver League omfg ><
SgtCoDFish
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1520 Posts
January 07 2012 09:18 GMT
#174
On January 07 2012 17:42 whoopingchow wrote:
I just ran into some called "tossgirl". I'm in NA and in Silver League, and checking the match history, looked like they had lost about 4 in a row before I played them. I asked if they were famous somewhere, and they said Korea, then asked if I was Chinese. I then explained that "qq" meant something like crying, and then I held off a voidray all-in. Afterwards, they expanded to every other base on the map (which I was able to scout with the Vikings I had made) and from there, I got up on upgrades and killed off all the expos.

Now...granted, I was in silver league, and I'm fairly certain a BW pro as good as tossgirl wouldn't have fallen to a lowly silver league Terran like me, but the taking of the whole map, and the unit control I saw were absolutely "Korean", if I may be so bold. I couldn't find a "tossgirl" stream, so I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this player on the NA server as well, and if so, if the rumors of tossgirl coming to SC2 might thus be true. Not sure what she'd be doing on the NA servers losing to silver leaguers though...


100% sure that if you played the real tossgirl, she'd have demolished you easily. With no offence meant, I struggle to envision a pro or former pro of any RTS (especially BW) losing to someone in silver given enough exposure to SC2 to not lose to ridiculous things.

If she was gonna switch to SC2 (or indeed if she's been playing it in her free time) she'd likely not have used the name tossgirl, she'd likely be on KR and not NA and she'd be masters on any server unless she'd literally just started playing.
omarsito
Profile Joined June 2011
22 Posts
January 07 2012 09:20 GMT
#175
Hey guys, im not sure this is the right place for this question but i'll give it as try. Does anyone know a site where you can get a cheap SC2 (US) cd key? I only want the cd key, not a game case
Kid-Fox
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada400 Posts
January 07 2012 09:37 GMT
#176
On January 07 2012 17:42 whoopingchow wrote:
I just ran into some called "tossgirl". I'm in NA and in Silver League, and checking the match history, looked like they had lost about 4 in a row before I played them. I asked if they were famous somewhere, and they said Korea, then asked if I was Chinese. I then explained that "qq" meant something like crying, and then I held off a voidray all-in. Afterwards, they expanded to every other base on the map (which I was able to scout with the Vikings I had made) and from there, I got up on upgrades and killed off all the expos.

Now...granted, I was in silver league, and I'm fairly certain a BW pro as good as tossgirl wouldn't have fallen to a lowly silver league Terran like me, but the taking of the whole map, and the unit control I saw were absolutely "Korean", if I may be so bold. I couldn't find a "tossgirl" stream, so I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this player on the NA server as well, and if so, if the rumors of tossgirl coming to SC2 might thus be true. Not sure what she'd be doing on the NA servers losing to silver leaguers though...


Just fyi, sixjaxmajor, when he first came from sc:bw, got into masters instantly. He did this without even knowing what a creep tumour did, because his mechanics he transferred from sc1 were just that good. Tossgirl could easily wipe the floor with major in sc1. Guaranteed she would transition to sc2 much in the same way.
seph`
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria329 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 17:30:06
January 07 2012 17:24 GMT
#177
hey guys,

i recently saw mc doing that 3gate/blink/obs push vs. terran.
is there something like a "build-order" for that ?
i just want to know some timings on 2nd gas and twilight council/robo .

thanks!
whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
January 07 2012 18:13 GMT
#178
Haha okay thanks guys. I was fairly certain I didn't get matched up against a BW pro-gamer at 2 am last night on the NA server, but I definitely had my doubts...that bit about Major is definitely interesting though.
denlillemand
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark15 Posts
January 07 2012 19:56 GMT
#179
hello --- can any1 explain to me why the most important thread in here,, the practice partner season (5 of current) thread doesn't work -- the script suppose to load in the players into a summarized form doesn't work, and it did not work in season 4 either.

and yes -- it's true that i cannot make a better script my self.
tryteyker
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany83 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 22:51:39
January 07 2012 22:00 GMT
#180
Is there a keyboard layout within Starcraft 2 where I can remap a few keys?
My hotkeying still f*cks up, had to give up another match because of that Ctrl + Number issue.

I've found quite a few threads about this here on Teamliquid.net but they were made during the beta, so I'd like to know if Blizzard included something like this by now, because I can't find anything.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1518
RotterdaM1072
TaKeTV 401
SteadfastSC212
IndyStarCraft 205
ZombieGrub104
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1518
RotterdaM 1072
MaxPax 235
SteadfastSC 212
IndyStarCraft 205
RuFF_SC2 130
ZombieGrub104
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2612
Shuttle 445
910 62
Mind 61
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1156
Fnx 683
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu847
Other Games
summit1g5175
Grubby2721
shahzam497
Beastyqt372
mouzStarbuck223
C9.Mang0187
ToD160
UpATreeSC54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV266
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 181
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 30
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2493
League of Legends
• TFBlade443
Other Games
• imaqtpie869
• Shiphtur335
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.