• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:35
CEST 10:35
KST 17:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9014 users

[December] SC2 General Discussion - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
kAisc2
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom85 Posts
December 31 2011 13:54 GMT
#141
On December 31 2011 22:05 PopcornColonel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 14:41 Cuh wrote:
how much of a skill gap do you think there is between the leagues?

Not much at all. The difference between top diamond and low masters is negligible, and the same goes for all the other leagues. However, the skill it takes to transition from league to league increases as rank increases. Going from gold --> platinum for me was a complet breeze, but going from diamond to masters a few days ago took a week's worth of intense playing and 60% win/loss ratios.


is there any advice you can give to help with my question up above just a shove in the right direction as i feel im not improving much ;D
IMnoPro
Profile Joined December 2011
23 Posts
December 31 2011 17:50 GMT
#142
Is the NA GM now officially bugged or not again?

A ton of people on battle.net forums talk about how NA GM is bugged again but I haven't found anything about it on teamliquid so far. There seems to be a huge amount of unknown people in NA GM at the moment while this isn't the case for EU for example but maybe it's alright.

Can anybody elaborate on this or link to an existing thread?
Though I fly through the Valley of Death... I shall fear no evil. For I am at 80,000 feet and climbing.
stichtom
Profile Joined March 2011
Italy695 Posts
December 31 2011 18:02 GMT
#143
Who is Mikelangelo? He is first in GM EU with 87% win ratio.
http://www.sc2ranks.com/eu/1996440/Mikelangelo
Favourite player: IM.MVP ~ Favorite league: IPL
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
December 31 2011 18:06 GMT
#144
Mikelangelo has been top EU for a long time, I think it was a smurf account by someone well known, just don't remember who. Not sure though, but I know I've read about it somewhere long ago.
stichtom
Profile Joined March 2011
Italy695 Posts
December 31 2011 18:55 GMT
#145
On January 01 2012 03:06 HaXXspetten wrote:
Mikelangelo has been top EU for a long time, I think it was a smurf account by someone well known, just don't remember who. Not sure though, but I know I've read about it somewhere long ago.

Yeah, it's for sure a smurf account. Maybe a Korean?
Favourite player: IM.MVP ~ Favorite league: IPL
Veriol
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic502 Posts
December 31 2011 22:23 GMT
#146
Was wondering is it possible to get Korean sounds(i know its with texts) to my game? Ive found server switcher wich can do it but I want to keep playing on EU
"When you play, you have to start off with a mind to turn the game into a rape." -iloveoov
Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
January 01 2012 02:06 GMT
#147
TSL3 was announced on 1-1-11. Here's to hoping for TSL4 in a few hours.
Azza
Profile Joined June 2010
China650 Posts
January 01 2012 03:17 GMT
#148
I didn't know where to ask this.

Does anyone know where I can have easy access to sc2 videos that I can put on my ipad. I don't really know much about videos and possible methods. I thought it would be cool to have some gsl videos, but I can't ever remember being able to download the games.
Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
January 01 2012 03:28 GMT
#149
On January 01 2012 12:17 Azza wrote:
I didn't know where to ask this.

Does anyone know where I can have easy access to sc2 videos that I can put on my ipad. I don't really know much about videos and possible methods. I thought it would be cool to have some gsl videos, but I can't ever remember being able to download the games.


I'm not aware of a way to view reps on your iOS device, but there is an app called SC2casts that is pretty nice. You can search games by players, casters or events. It's not free, but it's still pretty cheap if it's worth it to you.
Maxd11
Profile Joined July 2011
United States680 Posts
January 01 2012 03:38 GMT
#150
On January 01 2012 12:17 Azza wrote:
I didn't know where to ask this.

Does anyone know where I can have easy access to sc2 videos that I can put on my ipad. I don't really know much about videos and possible methods. I thought it would be cool to have some gsl videos, but I can't ever remember being able to download the games.

Well you can watch you tube videos on your ipad easily. You can also download the justin.tv app or the new(and much improved) twitch.tv app. As far as actually viewing replay files on your iPad you can use one of many apps to view the screen of your pc or mac and interact with the replay( this will be much slower (from what I've heard) if you use the 3g).
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST attempting to play a game of sc2 through your iPad. I tried once and lets just say it was stupidly difficult. I think I sent my drones to the minerals about the time my opponents took their thirds. Also my ally got pissed because he lost his ladder points.
I looked in the mirror and saw biupilm69t
Azza
Profile Joined June 2010
China650 Posts
January 01 2012 04:23 GMT
#151
I currently work in China, so my youtube access on the ipad doesn't work. I can only think of converting youtube videos.
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
January 01 2012 19:01 GMT
#152
Is this a new/different metalopolis on a different tileset? All metalopolis maps I've seen are blue/nighttime themed. This tileset looks like olive-ish green. If this is a different variation of metalopolis, does anyone know what it's called? I'd like to have it.

[image loading]
kAisc2
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom85 Posts
January 02 2012 14:14 GMT
#153
On January 02 2012 04:01 usethis2 wrote:
Is this a new/different metalopolis on a different tileset? All metalopolis maps I've seen are blue/nighttime themed. This tileset looks like olive-ish green. If this is a different variation of metalopolis, does anyone know what it's called? I'd like to have it.

[image loading]


its the wcg metal version you can search for them online
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
January 02 2012 17:05 GMT
#154
Why don't Zergs split their muta group and harass at 2 different places?

I was playing Sc2 BW and as I can't select more than 12 I ended up just going mass muta and attacking at multiple different angles. Surely this translates to SC2
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Hanako
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom57 Posts
January 02 2012 17:20 GMT
#155
On January 03 2012 02:05 Denzil wrote:
Why don't Zergs split their muta group and harass at 2 different places?

I was playing Sc2 BW and as I can't select more than 12 I ended up just going mass muta and attacking at multiple different angles. Surely this translates to SC2


Muta flocks get exponentially better with every Muta added due to their AoE, and when a Zerg reaches that 24< Muta point static defences such as turrets and cannons no longer matter, past 30 Mutas and CC's/Nexuses and production buildings can be sniped off with ease, if left undefended.

Splitting into two groups of 10-15 Mutas allows the T/P to defend them with greater ease, as the two groups become much less deadly than a combined first would be, so some static defence + units at each location is all that is needed to defend.

Also, maybe at some point it's feasible in the game's skill cap for a player to control two groups of Muta's while still maintaining full control over macro/creep spread etc, but currently I can't think (Asides from maybe some situations in ZvZ, Nestea has used smaller control groups of Muta's in some games, but that's ZvZ) of a situation where it would be worth it, Mutalisk conservation is a huge part of Mutalisk styles in ZvT/ZvP and even players such as DRG and IdrA, famed for fantastic Muta control still lose Mutas in situations where maybe it could have been avoided, so two control groups would result in even more losses.

Hopefully someone smarter than me could say this in a better way, hope this helps!
Funguuuuu
Profile Joined July 2011
United States198 Posts
January 02 2012 17:27 GMT
#156
Does anyone have a build order for the fast robo pressure that Artosis does on stream in PVT? It seems like a solid build, but I couldn't find the build order on TL or Liquipedia. It allows you to get a fast Observer, pressure with Immortals/Stalkers/Sentries, and gets a moderately fast expo.
The night is dark and full of Terrans
tryteyker
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany83 Posts
January 02 2012 19:54 GMT
#157
I don't know if it fits into this thread, but I am having problems with hotkeying recently.
Usually I was able to Hotkey with Ctrl + Number, but recently it was quite rando. Once I was able to hotkey with both Ctrl + Number AND Shift + Number, but often I'm unable to Hotkey stuff at all / only with Shift + Number.
The problem with Shift + Number is it adds the building selected before the actual building to the Control Group (E.g. if I select the CC, then the Barracks (without having the CC selected) and press Shift + 5 it will automatically assign both the Barracks and CC to Control Group 5).

Anyone got an idea on how to fix this?
Mowr
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden791 Posts
January 02 2012 20:11 GMT
#158
On January 03 2012 04:54 tryteyker wrote:
I don't know if it fits into this thread, but I am having problems with hotkeying recently.
Usually I was able to Hotkey with Ctrl + Number, but recently it was quite rando. Once I was able to hotkey with both Ctrl + Number AND Shift + Number, but often I'm unable to Hotkey stuff at all / only with Shift + Number.
The problem with Shift + Number is it adds the building selected before the actual building to the Control Group (E.g. if I select the CC, then the Barracks (without having the CC selected) and press Shift + 5 it will automatically assign both the Barracks and CC to Control Group 5).

Anyone got an idea on how to fix this?

Sounds odd you can't hotkey with ctrl. You haven't switched from ps/2 to usb? Trying an other keyboard could settle if it's a keyboard or OS problem.
Kill one man and they'll call you a murderer. Kill an army of men and they'll call you a general. But kill all men and they'll call you a god.
tryteyker
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany83 Posts
January 02 2012 20:14 GMT
#159
Well, I don't know if it may be caused by the special feature which disables the Windows Key (I got a Logitech G15), but I doubt it as I've been trying it both with and without the key activated.

It also just happened suddenly after finishing a few games, I haven't changed anything (I've been changing the graphical settings from High to Low, and activated the Flyer Helper, Game Timer, disabled the Tooltips and so on, Also hid the menu on top of the screen, but Control Group Visibility is on Normal, but it was occuring before that aswell).

Also It'd be interesting to know what exactly the Flyer Helper is.
FreudianTrip
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland1983 Posts
January 03 2012 12:16 GMT
#160
On January 03 2012 02:27 Funguuuuu wrote:
Does anyone have a build order for the fast robo pressure that Artosis does on stream in PVT? It seems like a solid build, but I couldn't find the build order on TL or Liquipedia. It allows you to get a fast Observer, pressure with Immortals/Stalkers/Sentries, and gets a moderately fast expo.


It's just a typical Gate - Robo - Gate expand. You take your second gas at around 20-21, the numbers do all the working out for you if you just wing it. It's a pretty simple build.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 496
Larva 114
Hyun 49
NotJumperer 48
Killer 43
scan(afreeca) 35
Bale 32
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Hm[arnc] 13
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto124
League of Legends
JimRising 484
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1188
edward231
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g7731
Coldzera 708
ceh9586
Happy283
Sick139
crisheroes129
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick566
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Jankos1028
• Stunt351
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 25m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.