• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:42
CEST 22:42
KST 05:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12433 users

Simple Questions/Answers

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 180 181 182 Next
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 03:24:01
July 27 2010 04:03 GMT
#1
Please use this thread for asking simple questions (ones that can be answered in a paragraph or less). Examples include questions such as "how do I place doodads?" or "how does a specific trigger work?"

For questions that require a more in-depth analysis, please create a new thread, and follow the guidelines for creating a new thread as detailed in the SC2 map subforum guidelines. Also note that tournament maps are not available for download.

Thank you for your cooperation!
Moderator
TheTuna
Profile Joined August 2009
United States286 Posts
July 27 2010 23:20 GMT
#2
Hey,
I went in the map editor to goof around, but the only units I can access are melee ones. When I go to the unit layer and change the dropdown menu to read Campaign or Storymode units, even with the selector set to "All", nothing shows up.

Can anybody help? Thanks!
BanelingXD
Profile Joined April 2010
130 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-28 04:58:20
July 28 2010 04:58 GMT
#3
How do I mirror a map? I am trying to create some balanced multiplayer maps and would like to mirror quadrants. Any help?
0 harvesters, 2700 minerals per minute. Mules are totally balanced!
kingrenu
Profile Joined March 2010
United States29 Posts
July 28 2010 06:56 GMT
#4
Where do i save custom maps to on windows 7 to play them in custom games on bnet?
We all have a little Korean in us.
MamiyaOtaru
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1687 Posts
July 28 2010 07:10 GMT
#5
what happened to "All the SC1 units will be available in the map editor"? Am I missing something? Yeah I know about campaign/custom vs multi, but they aren't all in there (like reavers)
TheTuna
Profile Joined August 2009
United States286 Posts
July 28 2010 07:55 GMT
#6
Yeah, I figured out that the map had to be set to Campaign, but there's no Tauren Marine as far as I can see. I thought they said that was going to be in the editor?

Maybe we can hope for a patch or something, I guess.
yeti
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States259 Posts
July 28 2010 08:08 GMT
#7
when "fazing" do I do an right click or A-click when I am alternating between targets?
the absurd is sin without god
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-28 10:41:26
July 28 2010 09:32 GMT
#8
I have a simple noobish question: when I see zergs play (especially against protoss) in SCII, it looks so strange because there are no casters against big clumps of units (like plague and dark swarm in SCBW). Are there no casters for zerg or are they just inefficient?

Edit: Thanks Godanny. Also, sorry, didn't see this thread was about map making ><
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
GoDannY
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany442 Posts
July 28 2010 09:46 GMT
#9
On July 28 2010 18:32 Elroi wrote:
I have a simple noobish question: when I see zergs play (especially against protoss) in SCII, it looks so strange because there are no casters against big clumps of units (like plague and dark swarm in SCBW). Are there no casters for zerg or are they just inefficient?


Zerg has basicly two casters - the Infestor and the Overseer. The infestor has "Fungal Growth" which afftects clumps of units and neural parasite that affects one unit. You are right that both are underused in Protoss vs Zerg tough most players rather go further in the tech tree instead of investing into infestor (e.g. for Ultralisk or Broodlord). Fungal Growth is also more effective against Terrans Marines since their low HP and no shields like Protoss makes them more vurnerable. For a discussion why the Infestor is underused please ask in the strategy section.

Hope that helps.
Team LifeStyle - it's more than a game
Grebliv
Profile Joined May 2006
Iceland800 Posts
July 28 2010 12:11 GMT
#10
On July 28 2010 13:58 BanelingXD wrote:
How do I mirror a map? I am trying to create some balanced multiplayer maps and would like to mirror quadrants. Any help?


Have the "terrain" toolstuff selected and hit ESC until you've got a regular mouse pointer, then drag select the terrain and CTRL+C, then press ALT+, and/or ALT+. (or use the flip vertical, flip horizontal thing in the menus (it should be in the edit tab?)). Then CTRL+V it down where it looks like it might fit. It probably won't but then you make sure not to move the pointer randomly at least (hence the ALT things instead of the menu) and use your earlier experience to gauge where it should go and adjust your selected box over there.

It's a bit of trial and error but it gets easy and fast after a few times.

Btw turning on grid won't hurt.
ESV Mapmaking!
Psyqo
Profile Joined November 2007
United States401 Posts
July 28 2010 12:44 GMT
#11
On July 28 2010 15:56 kingrenu wrote:
Where do i save custom maps to on windows 7 to play them in custom games on bnet?


I'd like to know the answer here as well. My Battle.net account uses an authenticator, so last night I logged into the editor to download a map (which kicked me out of regular Bnet), made some changes and tried to publish. The publish failed (with a GATEWAY_NOT_FOUND error), so I gave up.

What is so frustrating is it looks like you won't be able to have Starcraft open at the same time that you edit a map, which in turn makes testing small changes to a map an extremely long and aggravating process.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
July 28 2010 14:02 GMT
#12
On July 28 2010 15:56 kingrenu wrote:
Where do i save custom maps to on windows 7 to play them in custom games on bnet?


You have to publish them on Bnet, I believe its under File-Publish. Make sure you are connected to the net and not running SC when you do this.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
July 28 2010 14:03 GMT
#13
On July 28 2010 17:08 yeti wrote:
when "fazing" do I do an right click or A-click when I am alternating between targets?


Either will work
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
July 28 2010 14:11 GMT
#14
Has anyone found a way to publish more than 5 maps yet? :s

It's just dumb if I have to ask my friends to upload/update/remove them.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
yeti
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States259 Posts
July 28 2010 14:56 GMT
#15
On July 28 2010 23:11 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Has anyone found a way to publish more than 5 maps yet? :s
It's just dumb if I have to ask my friends to upload/update/remove them.


I had 9 2v2 maps when I installed the game. So they have already added maps since the beta. (Tho that may be just the NA server)
the absurd is sin without god
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
July 28 2010 15:23 GMT
#16
On July 28 2010 21:11 Grebliv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2010 13:58 BanelingXD wrote:
How do I mirror a map? I am trying to create some balanced multiplayer maps and would like to mirror quadrants. Any help?


Have the "terrain" toolstuff selected and hit ESC until you've got a regular mouse pointer, then drag select the terrain and CTRL+C, then press ALT+, and/or ALT+. (or use the flip vertical, flip horizontal thing in the menus (it should be in the edit tab?)). Then CTRL+V it down where it looks like it might fit. It probably won't but then you make sure not to move the pointer randomly at least (hence the ALT things instead of the menu) and use your earlier experience to gauge where it should go and adjust your selected box over there.

It's a bit of trial and error but it gets easy and fast after a few times.

Btw turning on grid won't hurt.


to get the selection pointer you just hit space btw
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
July 28 2010 16:16 GMT
#17
On July 28 2010 23:56 yeti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2010 23:11 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Has anyone found a way to publish more than 5 maps yet? :s
It's just dumb if I have to ask my friends to upload/update/remove them.


I had 9 2v2 maps when I installed the game. So they have already added maps since the beta. (Tho that may be just the NA server)

Uhm.. what?
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
funcmode
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia720 Posts
July 28 2010 16:27 GMT
#18
On July 29 2010 01:16 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Uhm.. what?


I think he read your question wrong. There's definitely no way as of yet to upload more than 5 maps to a single account - you're only options are to either buy more keys and make more accounts yourself, or do as you said and ask your friends to do it. Sucks I know =/

@funcmode - TPW Mapmaking Team - theplanetaryworkshop.com
aeoliant
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada361 Posts
July 28 2010 19:52 GMT
#19
Hey guys I just want your opinion on how valid mineral blocks are on islands in SC2. Normally it's to prevent a terran from expanding just by floating a cc over. But now you can load up scvs in CCs or you could drop a mule on it. Is using mineral blocks still useful?
CagedMind
Profile Joined February 2010
United States506 Posts
July 28 2010 20:10 GMT
#20
How do you change hp of rocks and this needs to be for melee mode.
your micro has been depleted
1 2 3 4 5 180 181 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O114
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19484
Calm 2127
Shuttle 320
Mini 177
White-Ra 176
ZZZero.O 114
firebathero 71
soO 10
Sacsri 6
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1491
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5163
Liquid`Hasu650
Other Games
summit1g7690
Liquid`RaSZi2254
FrodaN2074
fl0m1342
RotterdaM427
crisheroes255
IndyStarCraft 229
Pyrionflax214
Livibee209
Mew2King54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick946
BasetradeTV185
StarCraft 2
angryscii 19
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 27
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki44
• blackmanpl 30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1783
• Shiphtur682
• WagamamaTV379
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 18m
Replay Cast
2h 18m
OSC
15h 18m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.