• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:36
CEST 16:36
KST 23:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9248 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 181

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 Next
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
October 27 2019 17:30 GMT
#3601
On October 27 2019 18:36 Monochromatic wrote:
Hi!

I haven't made a map in years.

If I only own WoL and HotS can I make a LotV map?

Thanks!


I believe so. The editor's available for use to everyone now since free-to-play, and you just need to own something at all to upload.
Solstice245
Profile Joined September 2015
United States145 Posts
October 28 2019 07:13 GMT
#3602
iirc you still cannot use HotS and LotV dependencies unless you have made purchased a war chest or campaign. My brother had this roadblock when he tried dabbling in map making.
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
December 13 2019 15:24 GMT
#3603
On October 27 2019 18:36 Monochromatic wrote:
Hi!

I haven't made a map in years.

If I only own WoL and HotS can I make a LotV map?

Thanks!

no
"not enough rights"
Kertorak
Profile Joined November 2019
125 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-02 20:55:07
December 31 2019 03:19 GMT
#3604
Serious question:

How can I store maps for the "offline mode", that I "downloaded" in battle.net, so in the custom maps section?!

Because after one week (or anything) I am trying to play some maps offline in offline mode...
And I can ONLY play the current ladder maps, but not the 100 of blizzard maps I tried in battle.net some time ago, also including some TLMC that I discovered here and "downloaded" on battle.net. (I can select them in offline mode, but none I can create a lobby with but the ladder maps or a 2v2v2v2 map I played privately just last session)

So what's the trick here???
?Play each map "offline" (rightclick play offline, or just start a lobby to redownload it) in one session, then go offline and save your whole sc2 settings? It's a ~10gb folder.
Because it seems everytime I go back online, it will kind of delete that "temporary" map pool I have downloaded and soon later I can only play the most recent ladder maps (that I usually play) in offline mode.

This is really weird and unpractical for anyone that likes having a map pool on his pc-stored. It's not like we live in 1990 or what ever with low storage. So please understand I'm looking for a serious answer.

Is there something like a guide for this? I didn't find anything on this apparent problem... that I tried so many tricks with.
Note: THis is only about the normal melee maps here, to keep it simple.

FYI: here is the path for "temporary maps" I was talking about:
C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache



- - -

Serious Question2:

How do I set my offline-server location? (Eu, US, KR) I tried this a bit now and it was allways korean (KR) for some reason.
(changing us,eu,kr in the login-menu has no influence for the offline mode).

Now it's american maps for some reason (US)... (so the maps I recently played on those servers, including some arcade, but i wanted to let arcade out of the discussion).

This will influence custom maps available, aswell as replays (of course for replays there is a simple workaround of just going into the folder etc, why isn't this as simple for maps?)

How can I "set" it to the one I want? So what's the trick? Launch the game in the other server and then switch to the wanted server and download a map, etc etc???. I couldn't resolve it myself. Yet

Edit: No help :/ Unbelievable
I wish I had quality over quantity | "The point of Sc<x> is that your skill a constant WIP - which provides that unique joy of the game - not to post which rank you are in a this moment"
Drusas_
Profile Joined November 2019
24 Posts
February 14 2020 05:35 GMT
#3605
[image loading]

Does anyone know how to fix this? All of the UI overlaps, and the screen is a clusterfuck.
Mark Taylor
Profile Joined February 2020
2 Posts
February 25 2020 12:46 GMT
#3606
Hello from Australia,

My name is Mark Taylor and I have been working as a Junior Tech Assistant in company that provides services about general and tech information. I don’t know if Mentioning the company is allowed or not. LOL.

I found one of the thread of this forum on google last night and I really like the way you guy helped each other. I feels like I also should make an account here, maybe I can help somebody. Or at least get some updated information about general and tech information.



Looking forward to get warm welcome from you. J

Thanks

Musmaker
Profile Joined December 2018
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-02 07:39:18
June 02 2020 07:25 GMT
#3607
Hello : )

I am trying to use the Map Analyzer - but unfortunately it does not show the timings for walking distances.

Does anybody know what i might be doing wrong?

I am using the version released on Feb 11, 2016

https://tl.net/forum/sc2-maps/414326-map-analyser-tool

[image loading]
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
August 26 2020 08:53 GMT
#3608
Is there not as many maps coming out these days ? or are most maps on different websites now ?
John 15:13
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-27 04:23:39
August 27 2020 04:14 GMT
#3609
On August 26 2020 17:53 AssyrianKing wrote:
Is there not as many maps coming out these days ? or are most maps on different websites now ?


It's a combination of a few things.

- Nowadays maps are mostly posted on the mappers Discord ( https://discord.gg/X2DUHQA ) for melee maps or the Sc2mapster Discord ( https://discord.gg/X3HDbng ) for arcade maps.

- There's only one 1v1 TLnet Map Contest a year and the TLnet Map Contest is basically the only way to get maps played in tournaments, so there isn't a ton of activity when there isn't a contest around. And generally the community doesn't really care about maps (outside of complaining about them).

- Patch 5.0 made the editor's handling of ramps rather buggy (or completely broken for Macs), so some people are waiting until that's fixed.

Maps do still get made though--here are maps that were created for a recent smaller contest where the theme was to make maps that use four or more levels (since that functionality was introduced in patch 5.0): https://imgur.com/a/jzr2SzE
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
August 27 2020 10:15 GMT
#3610
On August 27 2020 13:14 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2020 17:53 AssyrianKing wrote:
Is there not as many maps coming out these days ? or are most maps on different websites now ?


It's a combination of a few things.

- Nowadays maps are mostly posted on the mappers Discord ( https://discord.gg/X2DUHQA ) for melee maps or the Sc2mapster Discord ( https://discord.gg/X3HDbng ) for arcade maps.

- There's only one 1v1 TLnet Map Contest a year and the TLnet Map Contest is basically the only way to get maps played in tournaments, so there isn't a ton of activity when there isn't a contest around. And generally the community doesn't really care about maps (outside of complaining about them).

- Patch 5.0 made the editor's handling of ramps rather buggy (or completely broken for Macs), so some people are waiting until that's fixed.

Maps do still get made though--here are maps that were created for a recent smaller contest where the theme was to make maps that use four or more levels (since that functionality was introduced in patch 5.0): https://imgur.com/a/jzr2SzE


These maps are crazy !
John 15:13
SilentStorm3
Profile Joined May 2020
11 Posts
September 07 2020 13:07 GMT
#3611
Hi, everyone!

I encountered an annoying bug after patch 5.0. I can't make cliffs without offset cliffs underneath that are created automatically. Does anyone know how to fix it?

[image loading]
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
September 07 2020 16:46 GMT
#3612
Patch 5.0 added 15 cliff levels, but the max height between adjacent levels is the same as it always was. Therefore if you have height four terrain you can't have the cliff go all the way to height one--you need some intermediate cliffing.
Bob181
Profile Joined December 2020
1 Post
December 18 2020 17:35 GMT
#3613
--- Nuked ---
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
October 18 2021 11:56 GMT
#3614
Anyone willing to assist me create a single mod in the SC2 MapEditor?
John 15:13
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-10-31 18:19:35
October 31 2021 18:18 GMT
#3615
Edit: Oh shit wrong forum my bad
No will to live, no wish to die
wimpwimpwimp
Profile Joined May 2012
174 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-11-02 21:17:31
November 02 2021 21:10 GMT
#3616
Same. :/
oberoi.rinky691
Profile Joined July 2022
1 Post
Last Edited: 2022-07-12 19:42:40
July 01 2022 13:36 GMT
#3617
--- Nuked ---
houndofbaskervillee
Profile Joined April 2023
12 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-04-14 13:54:21
April 14 2023 13:53 GMT
#3618
Do you think the map editor of frost giants' stormgate will be accessible? .. if so, do you think it will be better than galaxy?
raju1
Profile Joined December 2024
11 Posts
December 17 2024 04:43 GMT
#3619
--- Nuked ---
raju1
Profile Joined December 2024
11 Posts
December 17 2024 04:46 GMT
#3620
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 42
CosmosSc2 36
trigger 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53008
Shuttle 9451
FanTaSy 1737
BeSt 660
Horang2 490
Larva 150
Soma 145
Sexy 144
Last 115
Mind 102
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 93
Pusan 83
Zeus 77
Hyun 64
hero 62
Sea.KH 57
Killer 52
Aegong 47
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
PianO 22
Rock 17
NaDa 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4910
qojqva2248
Dendi1456
420jenkins522
Fuzer 9
Counter-Strike
fl0m3135
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor938
Liquid`Hasu714
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt710
Mlord455
byalli393
Livibee215
Hui .197
ArmadaUGS139
KnowMe91
QueenE66
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick704
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1203
League of Legends
• Nemesis3489
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
25m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 25m
Replay Cast
8h 25m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 25m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 25m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.