• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:32
CEST 20:32
KST 03:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8403 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 180 181 182 Next
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-10 01:45:45
August 10 2010 01:39 GMT
#61
On August 09 2010 20:17 jhNz wrote:
wtf is it correct, that protoss doesn't have any MASSIVE ground units? because even though i never made a map myself, i had the idea to block an expension with a neutral forcefield...

but thinking about it for a while it doesn't even seem balanced between terran and zerg since thors come a lot faster than ultralisks. and since toss doesn'T have massive units it seems, this idea goes to the bin i guess.


collossi are massive

Also, you have to remember that terran also has the advantage of being able to misplace the CC, wait for Thor to come out, then lift and reposition optimally. Forcefield blocked expansions are not balanced, but if you mix them with other map elements that favor different races you should be able to come up with something even.

Similar thing in BW mapmaking, if a map had a large main with a choke far from the starting position (unbalanced against zerg because of needing creep to place static D), mapmakers could add a neutral sunken to help swing the balance back into phase, even though neutral creep clearly helps zerg far more than any other race.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
ForsakenOne
Profile Joined August 2010
4 Posts
August 10 2010 07:07 GMT
#62
I can't seem to run maps in the editor that i downloaded. For example i pen the unit tester map and i see the map and its buildings but when i press test document the window minimizes until i maximize it again and repeat the action for the same result. I desperately need help with solving this problem. Any help is appreciated.
Rider
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands127 Posts
August 10 2010 10:46 GMT
#63
Is there some central resource for information on triggers and how they work exactly?
My grandpa could've proxied better. And not only does he have arthritis, he's also dead.
jhNz
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Germany2762 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-10 12:55:11
August 10 2010 12:54 GMT
#64
On August 10 2010 10:39 sob3k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2010 20:17 jhNz wrote:
wtf is it correct, that protoss doesn't have any MASSIVE ground units? because even though i never made a map myself, i had the idea to block an expension with a neutral forcefield...

but thinking about it for a while it doesn't even seem balanced between terran and zerg since thors come a lot faster than ultralisks. and since toss doesn'T have massive units it seems, this idea goes to the bin i guess.


collossi are massive

Also, you have to remember that terran also has the advantage of being able to misplace the CC, wait for Thor to come out, then lift and reposition optimally. Forcefield blocked expansions are not balanced, but if you mix them with other map elements that favor different races you should be able to come up with something even.

Similar thing in BW mapmaking, if a map had a large main with a choke far from the starting position (unbalanced against zerg because of needing creep to place static D), mapmakers could add a neutral sunken to help swing the balance back into phase, even though neutral creep clearly helps zerg far more than any other race.


then i think that there's an error in liquipedia. because according to this list http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Protoss_Unit_Stats protoss doesn't have any massive units.

thanks for the answer

*edit*

nvm... i misread the entire list T_T
http://twitter.com/jhNz
YuMSc2
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland104 Posts
August 10 2010 17:16 GMT
#65
Is it impossible to use special units like the ones that can be found on the campaign (ex. science vessel) when making a map? I was looking forward to using those . How come we can't add heros such as Jim Raynor??
I think therefore I am
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
August 10 2010 17:31 GMT
#66
Is it impossible to use special units like the ones that can be found on the campaign (ex. science vessel) when making a map? I was looking forward to using those . How come we can't add heros such as Jim Raynor??


If you add the Campaign dependency, then yes it is possible.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
YuMSc2
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland104 Posts
August 10 2010 19:12 GMT
#67
Can all people on battle net 2 play custom maps that are 'Campaign dependent'?
I think therefore I am
ForsakenOne
Profile Joined August 2010
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-10 19:29:28
August 10 2010 19:28 GMT
#68
I can't seem to run maps that i download in the editor.

For example i open the unit tester map and i see the map and its buildings but when i press test document the window minimizes until i maximize it again and repeat the action for the same result.

I`ve tried other maps too, all with the same result.

Am i missing something? Every time i've checked how to do play a downloaded map. It has said that this will work...

I desperately need help with solving this problem. I really would like to try the creativity the community offers.

Any help is appreciated!
YuMSc2
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland104 Posts
August 11 2010 06:19 GMT
#69
How do you edit Heros' properties? For example, what do i do if i want to modify jim raynor's sniping ability?
I think therefore I am
wristuzi
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1168 Posts
August 11 2010 15:30 GMT
#70
Is there a thread where map creators post their maps for publishing in different regions? I'm not a map maker, but I'd love to play some of the BW conversion maps (match point, fighting spirit) on EU but I think the map makers have only published on NA. And I don't really want to publish without someone's permission.
MarineKingPrime ¯\_(シ)_/¯ // Naniwa ¯\_(シ)_/¯ // Morrow
aeoliant
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada361 Posts
August 11 2010 19:23 GMT
#71
Hey I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before. I did a search but I didn't find anything. Is there a symmetry tool for making melee maps? Similar to what SCMDraft2 had, like mirror x, mirror xy, etc.
cryu
Profile Joined July 2010
37 Posts
August 11 2010 19:46 GMT
#72
Hi. Any clue on how do I change the voice of a unit? Particularly I want to revoice a unit with a voice that does not exist in game (import a new voice).
YuMSc2
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland104 Posts
August 11 2010 21:14 GMT
#73
On August 12 2010 04:46 cryu wrote:
Hi. Any clue on how do I change the voice of a unit? Particularly I want to revoice a unit with a voice that does not exist in game (import a new voice).


Here is a link that might help u

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=142356
I think therefore I am
kzn
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1218 Posts
August 12 2010 02:54 GMT
#74
What happened to Team Micro Arena?

It was always being played in beta and now I can never find it :<
Like a G6
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
August 12 2010 07:58 GMT
#75
When you make a mod, and you want to test it on a map, how do you do it? There's a "Test Map" directory or something, but what do you put into it?
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
kash000
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada25 Posts
August 12 2010 20:32 GMT
#76
Hi, I'm looking for maps to test build orders, with timers and resets etc. I saw one in a day9 vid but I can't remember the name anymore.

Also, any suggestions for maps used to test and improve are welcome.
Thanks,
Kash
YuMSc2
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland104 Posts
August 12 2010 21:12 GMT
#77
On August 13 2010 05:32 kash000 wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for maps to test build orders, with timers and resets etc. I saw one in a day9 vid but I can't remember the name anymore.

Also, any suggestions for maps used to test and improve are welcome.
Thanks,
Kash


Check out YABOT (Yet Another Build Order Trainer).

Type that in Search and you'll be in possession of one of the best build order testers :D.
I think therefore I am
kash000
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada25 Posts
August 12 2010 21:46 GMT
#78
Thanks!
lysdexic
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 18:31:32
August 13 2010 17:28 GMT
#79
Hey all, I'm using the Set all units in unit group trigger, and i set the unit group to a high templar group I made, but the UNIT thing is still red. When I click it there's nothing I can add. What do I do?

EDIT: Here's a screenshot for better clarity

[image loading]


EDIT 2: Ok so I figured out i had to make a unit variable, which I did, I made it Preset>any unit.

I get a red error when i start the map. something like, gt_initialization_func. something about how a unit event action is not being called by a unit event.

Man.Magic
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States178 Posts
August 13 2010 22:20 GMT
#80
Question: Does anyone know how to edit Hero Unit abilities[add/remove]? or give Hero abilities to normal Units? How to get Raynor(commando) pick-up Grenades?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 180 181 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 279
ProTech165
BRAT_OK 48
MindelVK 28
JuggernautJason1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25898
Shuttle 679
Hyuk 167
White-Ra 103
Dewaltoss 102
firebathero 74
Trap 50
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 19
Bale 18
[ Show more ]
Rock 17
Shine 17
Dota 2
Gorgc9391
qojqva1608
Counter-Strike
fl0m1704
Fnx 839
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1323
Khaldor1286
Grubby984
Liquid`Hasu453
Other Games
summit1g3048
FrodaN1756
Beastyqt549
XBOCT291
Mlord291
ArmadaUGS196
C9.Mang0161
QueenE84
CosmosSc2 21
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH322
• StrangeGG 69
• Hinosc 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie848
• Shiphtur279
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 28m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 28m
Online Event
16h 28m
FEL
21h 28m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 28m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.