• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:24
CEST 21:24
KST 04:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9478 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 180 181 182 Next
EndlessxRage
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2 Posts
August 13 2010 22:52 GMT
#81
Can someone tell me how to turn of auto attack? I want the players to have to right click or press A first to attack instead of the unit auto attacking
Fojji
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom217 Posts
August 17 2010 01:38 GMT
#82
Is it possible to download maps/custom games, from sc2mapster.com, and somehow play them with others? who've also downloaded them?

I tried to get the map "Art of Defence" up and running by opening it in the map editor and then publishing it, then tried to create a game but it wasn't there, me and a few friends fiddled around with it and couldn't get it to show up anywhere, so is there any way?

This could very well be a stupid question!
ScorpioNicus
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3 Posts
August 17 2010 05:31 GMT
#83
I'm having a crazy frustrating problem with terrain.
I'm trying to create a platform/cliff that is 3x3 units.
However, the editor forces the terrain to increase by 2 units every time... so I can only make a platform of 2x2, 4x4, 6x6 etc..
I'm talking about making a square platform here - I know that it is possible to have an edge have an odd number of tiles but only if the shape isn't geometric.
How do I stop the editor from forcing this!?
Get over here!
ScorpioNicus
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3 Posts
August 17 2010 22:09 GMT
#84
... are there any professionals out there who just somehow know everything about this map editor?
I need someone to add to some sort of instant chat cause forums aren't the most effective method of Q and A.
I've spent about 30 hours trying to figure out how to copy a viking, change its damage and change the upgrades that it uses with no success at all. The new method of importing weapons, with effects, and duplicating other weapons while carrying data from the previous one causing changes to be made to both but you don't wanna create new copies or you get overloaded with a million objects and this sentence is gonna keep running on and on just like my brain trying to figure out just what the hell to do with the data editor.
I don't think I have any problems with terrain except for what I asked above and triggers should be fine because I worked with them in the wc3 editor.
So basically I just need help with the data editor and I'm looking for an expert in this area to walk me through it please.
I'd like to note that what I'm trying to achieve would take me maybe 20 seconds in the wc3 editor yet I've spent 30 hours on this most basic problem and I wanna shoot myself
Get over here!
MarsAttacks
Profile Joined August 2010
20 Posts
August 20 2010 14:24 GMT
#85
is it possible to create a map kind of "king of the hill - FFA style " :
objective is to control one central point. Winner is the one who did control the longuest time possible this central point.
-map can be set with a time limit
-this central point may give you some sort of advantage (mineral&gaz bonus,...)
-rather than 1 fixed point, t could be also some sort of flag you can take with any unit and bring back whereever you want

do you think SC2 editor may allow us this kind of stuff?

sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-20 19:10:39
August 20 2010 19:10 GMT
#86
On August 20 2010 23:24 MarsAttacks wrote:
is it possible to create a map kind of "king of the hill - FFA style " :
objective is to control one central point. Winner is the one who did control the longuest time possible this central point.
-map can be set with a time limit
-this central point may give you some sort of advantage (mineral&gaz bonus,...)
-rather than 1 fixed point, t could be also some sort of flag you can take with any unit and bring back whereever you want

do you think SC2 editor may allow us this kind of stuff?



obviously, people have made RPG's and first person shooters.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Zack1900
Profile Joined January 2010
United States211 Posts
August 22 2010 05:04 GMT
#87
Where would I save a custom map to be able to play it from the SC2 interface? I would like to test a map without publishing it.
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
August 22 2010 05:11 GMT
#88
On July 28 2010 17:08 yeti wrote:
when "fazing" do I do an right click or A-click when I am alternating between targets?

Don't think you read the title, contect, and section clearly lol =D
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
ale_jrb
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom72 Posts
August 22 2010 13:53 GMT
#89
On August 22 2010 14:04 Zack1900 wrote:
Where would I save a custom map to be able to play it from the SC2 interface? I would like to test a map without publishing it.


Hit the big 'test document' button in the top right corner of the editor. Those are the only two ways of playing your own maps.

Dismember
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1 Post
August 23 2010 09:56 GMT
#90
On August 06 2010 04:46 Empyrean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 02:23 Jappre wrote:
When I place vespene geysers in a melee map I'm making and then test the map, my harvesters regardless of race, dance round the refinery etc. before entering and actually collecting gas. How can I get them to just take a straight course to the gas, get in, get out and go straight back to command center etc?


I'm not sure; that sounds like some sort of strange placement issue. Have you tried copying the placement of geysers with relation to main buildings of popular maps, putting it in a melee map of your own, and then trying it out?



I'm having this problem aswell, I can't get it to work properly at all! I've tried all sorts of different placements for the geysers, tried rotating them, using the other models etc etc, and the harvesters just keep dancing! Any help would be appreciated!
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 10:42:52
August 24 2010 09:20 GMT
#91
Anyone know what the standard ladder melee map sizes are ? Like in BW the ladder maps and kespa always had 128x128 max size and 96x128/128x96 as minimum sizes.

Also, if one were to try and recreate these sized maps in sc2, what should one use?

seems to be between 130 and 140 x itself as a playable size but like 160x for the whole map. I really hate this aspect of map designing it makes trying to recreate old maps a bitch.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
theweak99
Profile Joined August 2010
Philippines4 Posts
August 24 2010 09:22 GMT
#92
When I play the versus AI, it says "no content found."
how to play versus a computer since I don't have net and the shop near us doesn't have starcraft 2???
"Trash talking is not an option"
kariido
Profile Joined December 2007
Saudi Arabia179 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 17:54:26
August 24 2010 17:50 GMT
#93
How do I play custom melee maps that I've downloaded from TL? It's driving me nuts.
http://campaignforliberty.org/
Grebliv
Profile Joined May 2006
Iceland800 Posts
August 24 2010 18:22 GMT
#94
On August 25 2010 02:50 kariido wrote:
How do I play custom melee maps that I've downloaded from TL? It's driving me nuts.


You have to publish them if they haven't already. Go to the map editor and the publishing stuff there, should be mostly self explanatory.

If they have been published already you can go to "Create game" in the multiplayer options and type in it's name in the search bar*.


*note that your search perimiters have to start out the same way that the map is named.
If someone named their Luna remake "brabra Luna" you won't find it typing in luna, only if you type in bra... (which is realllly dumb)
ESV Mapmaking!
kariido
Profile Joined December 2007
Saudi Arabia179 Posts
August 24 2010 18:35 GMT
#95
I don't know that map creators and I wouldn't want to publish a map that isn't my making. Why does Blizz have to fuck something up as trivial as playing a fricking custom made map.
http://campaignforliberty.org/
theweak99
Profile Joined August 2010
Philippines4 Posts
August 25 2010 12:08 GMT
#96
Can I really play a map in multiplayer mode with AI only?because in Broodwar it's allowed. Help anyone please?
"Trash talking is not an option"
EffectS
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium795 Posts
August 25 2010 12:36 GMT
#97
When you paste a part of your map (4 players map, copying/pasting spawning locations). Can you preview it? (so that it aligns with surrounding stuff)
TEEHEE
Oliwoli
Profile Joined November 2008
United Kingdom69 Posts
August 25 2010 13:02 GMT
#98
How can you get access to the (campaign spoilers) + Show Spoiler +
Evil protoss models
. I enabled the campaign dependencies, but I couldnt find them. Ditto for the collector's edition Thor model.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-26 16:00:24
August 26 2010 08:39 GMT
#99
1)
How do I change map game speed? Making a melee map and when I test it it's like slow/normal speed instead of faster.

2) Does bridge need land under it to be ground pathable? Or can you place it BW style where it's over water/space/lowground?

3)Whats the deal with geysers getting funny worker pathing ? Anyone know what causes this and how to fix/avoid it?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
JudoChopper
Profile Joined August 2010
England148 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-26 10:21:43
August 26 2010 09:59 GMT
#100
wrong thread
no
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 180 181 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 198
ProTech180
JuggernautJason49
CosmosSc2 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 739
White-Ra 170
Dewaltoss 109
Hyuk 101
firebathero 70
Trap 46
Sacsri 22
Rock 16
Bale 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9308
qojqva1371
Counter-Strike
fl0m1505
Fnx 855
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3421
Khaldor1169
crisheroes1095
Liquid`Hasu519
Other Games
summit1g5350
FrodaN1624
XBOCT285
ArmadaUGS183
C9.Mang0169
QueenE75
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV255
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH341
• StrangeGG 70
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie938
• Shiphtur303
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 37m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 37m
Online Event
15h 37m
FEL
20h 37m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 37m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.