• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:56
CEST 16:56
KST 23:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9308 users

[August] SC2 General Discussion

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 02:44:29
August 09 2011 02:44 GMT
#1
A bit late as I was traveling for the past two weeks.



Previous Editions
+ Show Spoiler +

July '11
June '11
May '11
April '11
March '11
February '11
January '11
December '10
November '10
October '10
September '10
August '10
July '10
June '10
May '10
April '10
March '10
February '10
January '10
December '09
November '09


Q: What is this thread?

A: General purpose, SC2 discussion thread.

Q: What should I be posting about?
A: Basically, anything you want to talk about but aren't sure if it warrants a topic of its own. Heard a rumour you want to share? A new video? A question you are sure is super common but can't find the answer to via searching? A brilliant new idea that you want to vet, to make sure it's really as brilliant as you think it is?

This is the place.


Note:
Posting standards will not be as high as if you were to make a new thread, but pointless spam will still not be tolerated. I have seen threads like these work out alright on other sites (for other games) so I figured, why not give it a shot? It's possible there's not really enough content for something like this to exist at this point in time, but no harm then, it will just die on its own.

Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
August 09 2011 03:18 GMT
#2
No one made a thread for the Latin America Battle.net Invitational, I am lazy so instead of making one I will ask someone to make one.

Thanks <3

At least 2 brazilians will be there, one of them being Reason, Catz will be there as well.

Anyway, who can make a thread for us?
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 18:25:16
August 09 2011 03:22 GMT
#3
Thanks fa
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Flavalanche
Profile Joined May 2010
United States164 Posts
August 09 2011 03:44 GMT
#4
So how about those infestors? I feel like nobody uses mutas against terran on ladder any more
Sup.
HuKPOWA
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1604 Posts
August 09 2011 03:52 GMT
#5
Is scouting and upgrades overrated?????
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
August 09 2011 04:02 GMT
#6
On August 09 2011 12:52 HuKPOWA wrote:
Is scouting and upgrades overrated?????


Yes and no. On one hand, it's almost useless to scout if what you see isn't going to change what you do. Those extra resources can be used to get either better scouting tools faster or move your strategy forward earlier (expands, timing push, etc.).

As far as upgrades are concerned, they are an investment, just like tech and economy. If you can stay alive long enough to utilize an upgrade advantage over your opponent, then they are worth the cost.
GWBuffalo
Profile Joined January 2011
United States234 Posts
August 09 2011 04:17 GMT
#7
Note: + Show Spoiler +
I posted this in the July thread just a few minutes before the August thread came up. Hope it's not bad to repost in such a case, but I doubt anyone will see the post in the old thread.


Is there a coaching thread/forum where people evaluate coaches, and coaches advertise, looking for students?

There's all kinds of random crap in this forum, but it's free coaching, which usually implies waiting around and not being sure if you'll ever get coached.

I'm willing to pay up to $25 per hour (2 hours per week), for high-masters coaching, but would like a way to easily compare different coaches. And I would definitely want to see a VOD(s) of the person coaching before hiring. It would be so cool if a website organized all that, with ratings, etc. (if this doesn't exist, and someone out there reading this is looking for a side-project, do this! )
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 04:24:04
August 09 2011 04:22 GMT
#8
I already responded to your question Zergoaster. Look in the sponsored forum.


On August 09 2011 12:44 Flavalanche wrote:
So how about those infestors? I feel like nobody uses mutas against terran on ladder any more


Well stop making 60 marines every TvZ then
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
August 09 2011 06:16 GMT
#9
On August 09 2011 13:17 Zergoaster wrote:
Note: + Show Spoiler +
I posted this in the July thread just a few minutes before the August thread came up. Hope it's not bad to repost in such a case, but I doubt anyone will see the post in the old thread.


Is there a coaching thread/forum where people evaluate coaches, and coaches advertise, looking for students?

There's all kinds of random crap in this forum, but it's free coaching, which usually implies waiting around and not being sure if you'll ever get coached.

I'm willing to pay up to $25 per hour (2 hours per week), for high-masters coaching, but would like a way to easily compare different coaches. And I would definitely want to see a VOD(s) of the person coaching before hiring. It would be so cool if a website organized all that, with ratings, etc. (if this doesn't exist, and someone out there reading this is looking for a side-project, do this! )


I don't know about evaluations, but there is: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=252349

They might replays up somewhere, maybe worth asking them if you're interested? Or I guess you could always make a thread and see who responds.

I just played two Protosses, both on Typhon Peaks, both who tried to relocate their nexus after I destroyed theirs originally. We didn't really trade armies, so it's really weird--do they think that I'm just going to sit at their old base and twiddle my fingers? I mean, it's happened with other races too, it's just that it's happened to me recently with Protoss, which is why I'm pinpointing them. Sorry, but it's just really annoying...
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 09 2011 06:23 GMT
#10
Well I mean I basically play wackamole in ZvT. Every time Terran shows up at a expansion I'm making another one some where. Unless I'm using it was a decoy to go kick their natural while they kill a third

I don't know what to tell you. I mean If Protoss just sits there they lose. In fact they're already behind if there are marines and tanks and all sorts of Terran shit sitting in their natural on top the wreckage of a nexus. But if they don't expand again.. what plan could they have? One base colossus and pray you forget how to make vikings?

Or maybe I'm seeing it wrong.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Psyclon
Profile Joined July 2010
Bulgaria2443 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 06:38:58
August 09 2011 06:38 GMT
#11
Why do Wolf/DOA say that immortals are good against immortals (reference: DRG vs Inca, game 2)? It takes like 15 shots...
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds!
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 09 2011 06:46 GMT
#12
I uh.. I missed them saying that. I don't know I guess they meant it takes both of them a long time to kill each other so they can target other things without worrying about the immortal so they cancel each other out.. I guess

I have no idea wtf they meant.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
DASC2
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1 Post
August 09 2011 06:58 GMT
#13
does anyone find it annoying that you fall down in the ladder so fast now, for not playing the game. I sign off at 2am eastern time as a level 23 then by 5pm the next day i've gone down to level 40 in the division. I find this frustrating when trying to climb the ladder. Its almost as if you have to play endlessly and never sleep.
Don't be rude
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
August 09 2011 07:01 GMT
#14
On August 09 2011 15:58 DASC2 wrote:
does anyone find it annoying that you fall down in the ladder so fast now, for not playing the game. I sign off at 2am eastern time as a level 23 then by 5pm the next day i've gone down to level 40 in the division. I find this frustrating when trying to climb the ladder. Its almost as if you have to play endlessly and never sleep.

Your ladder rank doesnt actually matter very much. Just keep winning and keep your bonus pool low and you will be fine.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 09 2011 07:04 GMT
#15
You were placed in a new division. Everyone has no points at the start so the division will be incredibly volatile for a few more weeks. I've gone from (qualifying) 3rd to 8th to 4th to 12th to 5th to 33rd and I think I'm somewhere between 20 and 30 right now.

It'll slow down just as drastically soon.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
August 09 2011 07:54 GMT
#16
On August 09 2011 16:04 Probe1 wrote:
You were placed in a new division. Everyone has no points at the start so the division will be incredibly volatile for a few more weeks. I've gone from (qualifying) 3rd to 8th to 4th to 12th to 5th to 33rd and I think I'm somewhere between 20 and 30 right now.

It'll slow down just as drastically soon.


This is all true.

However, later on in the last season, I was really active and finally took #1 from some guy who played less than 100 wins (i had like 250) and when he finally noticed. after not playing for weeks, he played a few games and with his huge bonus pool shot way past me -_- I worked to hard to "catch up," meaningless as it may be, but then bonus pool worked against me in short order. All that meant is that my division rank was #2 instead of 1, but it's that bone for which some of us slave away.
FiLmBoT
Profile Joined June 2011
United States107 Posts
August 09 2011 08:09 GMT
#17
I've been seeing a few high level pvz's where they cannon rush the zerg natural then just play the rest of the game out. Does it help that much? I just feel with few pylons and a cannon for them to just cancel the hatch. I was just wondering what everyone else thinks about it.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 09 2011 08:17 GMT
#18
That sucks Ansinjunger. I've had that happen to me before. Look on the bright side, at least the person that was ranked 1st in your divis didn't have a full thousand points more than anyone else. (It was NOT masters lol)


On August 09 2011 17:09 FiLmBoT wrote:
I've been seeing a few high level pvz's where they cannon rush the zerg natural then just play the rest of the game out. Does it help that much? I just feel with few pylons and a cannon for them to just cancel the hatch. I was just wondering what everyone else thinks about it.


I'm forced to get fast roaches, delay my economy and I can't expand. You are set back quite a lot of minerals early on but are completely safe from attack while cannon cheesing and afterwards you can afford to expand and defend it. There's no real downside to cannon cheese. I mean if your opp responds perfectly they can force you up your ramp but a stargate followup...

Cannons in zergs natural you're ahead.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
winthrop
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Hong Kong956 Posts
August 09 2011 08:18 GMT
#19
will (T)Jinro make it to code S?
Incredible Miracle
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 09 2011 09:12 GMT
#20
I will cheer for Jinro.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 54
trigger 39
Harstem 34
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55145
Shuttle 9221
BeSt 682
Horang2 502
Larva 192
Sexy 170
Soma 151
actioN 126
Last 121
ggaemo 105
[ Show more ]
Mind 103
Zeus 73
hero 68
Hyun 55
Sea.KH 54
Killer 49
Aegong 45
ToSsGirL 32
PianO 24
Bale 23
Rock 17
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4768
qojqva2524
Dendi1255
420jenkins506
Fuzer 70
Counter-Strike
fl0m3423
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1041
Liquid`Hasu875
Other Games
B2W.Neo894
Beastyqt571
Mlord450
byalli375
ArmadaUGS236
Livibee218
Hui .203
KnowMe94
QueenE69
Mew2King63
CosmosSc2 35
Chillindude6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick796
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2387
League of Legends
• Nemesis3159
Other Games
• WagamamaTV203
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem34
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 4m
Replay Cast
8h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 4m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.