• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:23
CEST 16:23
KST 23:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8450 users

[August] SC2 General Discussion - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17 18 Next All
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 11 2011 10:56 GMT
#81
I know I inferred that was what you meant. No, a month shouldn't matter. At least, I've never heard of it and you'll be hard pressed to find a post that has.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
August 11 2011 11:22 GMT
#82
Why has Fruitdealer very often less supply than his terran opponent? Is it just poor play or is there a reason behind?
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
oberhofer
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Germany98 Posts
August 11 2011 13:20 GMT
#83
On August 10 2011 08:49 Sokalo wrote:
Oh, returning back to this thread to post what I originally crawled in here to do.

Random question:
When two identical units, in particular workers, attack each other what dictates who gets the killing blow? Assuming that both have equal vision, upgrades, etc.

This question arose from games where two scouting probes are attacking each other in synchronization(from appearances) yet one walks away the victor. Maybe it's possible to have simultaneous kills but I haven't seen it.

Obviously missle units can kill each other simultaneously, so I'm not too worried about that scenario.

My theory was that it had something to do with who had an attack command issued first even if both had to travel to attack, or maybe it was the last one to enter a straight line into combat loses, a la moving around terrain or reversing to attack the chasing probe.

If no one can provide an answer I'm totally up for testing this but I need a partner.


Well, I can definitely tell you it has nothing to do with whom issed the atk-command first. I regularly win worker battles with my scouting SCV by running around the enemy base and suddenly attack move into the enemy worker's direction. I actually think there is no pattern to it. Whoever gets into attack range first (which sounds silly with melee units) gets off the first hit and wins (unless you are fighting a zerg = health regen).
SC2 catchphrase.
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
August 11 2011 15:34 GMT
#84
On August 11 2011 18:21 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2011 17:41 Probe1 wrote:
The Comprehensive SC2 Ladder Guide thread mentions in the post linked MMR reset if you are inactive for an entire season. Example (from post) I was masters in season 1 and entirely skipped season 2. I had to redo my 5 placement matches for season 3.

So if you're inactive for an entire season then your MMR will drop. I think. I don't know about lesser amounts of time (Like a month) but I don't believe your MMR is linked to activity. I don't have any official Blizzard/TL posts to back that up unfortunately.


Hm. Yeah, the part that I bolded is exactly the amount of time that I'm wondering about.


Your MMR won't drop even if you are inactive a whole season. It will reset. It is different.

Your MMR won't drop if you are inactive, but innactivity does have to do with the whole system (matchmaking) in ways we are not sure, so you might face lower players because you are excessive inactive, yeah, it could be, but we don't know for sure.
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 18:14:52
August 11 2011 16:15 GMT
#85
I tried logging in the battle.net foruns and it says I don't have a valid SC2 license. I actually have 2 (in the same battle.net account/e-mail).

I thought it was a general bug, but some people are still posting in the foruns. Is someone bugged just like me or should I actually worry? ;_;

I am not in my gaming PC so I can't test if I can still log in the game, but if I go to account it says I have my 2 accounts + PTR, no problem.

Edit: I send a ticket and the guy said my 2 accounts are conflicting ;_;

I'll try to migrate one NA account to EU and see if that fixes it =/

Edit2: My NA account has just been removed and I can post again (with the LA account).
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 11 2011 20:08 GMT
#86
I guess the server merges screwed things up.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Indrium
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2236 Posts
August 11 2011 20:49 GMT
#87
Does anyone else have their bonus pool stuck at 89? I'm not being deprived any, it was 89 higher when I played this morning.
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
August 11 2011 21:13 GMT
#88
On August 12 2011 05:49 Indrium wrote:
Does anyone else have their bonus pool stuck at 89? I'm not being deprived any, it was 89 higher when I played this morning.


These extra points can only be spend for master (and GM) players.

Take it as a display bug if you are not in master.
gaizka
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States991 Posts
August 13 2011 20:00 GMT
#89
I was watching ipl and tastosis was talking about a game where the zerg player had really good creep spread. Anyone know what game it was?
whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
August 13 2011 21:11 GMT
#90
On August 14 2011 05:00 gaizka wrote:
I was watching ipl and tastosis was talking about a game where the zerg player had really good creep spread. Anyone know what game it was?


lol that's so vague...was it a game in the IPL?

What are the headphones they use at the GSL? Are the headphones used in tournaments just used exclusively for blocking any outside noise, or are they noise-canceling headphones that somehow enhance the sound of the ear buds?

ABPID
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands293 Posts
August 13 2011 21:16 GMT
#91
On August 14 2011 06:11 whoopingchow wrote:

What are the headphones they use at the GSL? Are the headphones used in tournaments just used exclusively for blocking any outside noise, or are they noise-canceling headphones that somehow enhance the sound of the ear buds?


Also, isn't wearing both ear buds and headphones uncomfortable? Can't they wear just the headphones, or are the ear buds also required for the noise cancelling?
gaizka
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States991 Posts
August 13 2011 21:51 GMT
#92
It was a GSL game, some zerg player with impressive creep spread...
gaizka
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States991 Posts
August 13 2011 22:24 GMT
#93
I just heared tastosis say the name again: Seal.

But they did not mention a specific game. Anyone know if it was code A, team league? or maybe some other game?
Indrium
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2236 Posts
August 13 2011 23:14 GMT
#94
On August 14 2011 07:24 gaizka wrote:
I just heared tastosis say the name again: Seal.

But they did not mention a specific game. Anyone know if it was code A, team league? or maybe some other game?


GSTL vs Bomber I think
HappyMan
Profile Joined June 2010
United States129 Posts
August 13 2011 23:17 GMT
#95
Is there any reason why Tyler's not on the TLPD Team Liquid roster anymore? http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sc2-korean/teams/32_Team_Liquid
whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
August 14 2011 01:34 GMT
#96
On August 14 2011 06:16 ABPID wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2011 06:11 whoopingchow wrote:

What are the headphones they use at the GSL? Are the headphones used in tournaments just used exclusively for blocking any outside noise, or are they noise-canceling headphones that somehow enhance the sound of the ear buds?


Also, isn't wearing both ear buds and headphones uncomfortable? Can't they wear just the headphones, or are the ear buds also required for the noise cancelling?


I have no idea...I would think so, but it looks like the norm...every tournament I've streamed shows players with that set up. MLG and Blizz invitationals don't have the headphones that light up but it's still big, noise-canceling/reducing headphones.

I just got promoted (to silver! Woohoo!!) and I was wondering what the points are...so in my new division, it shows my current rank, my points, and my wins. The wins is my win total for this season, so that makes sense. The points are a little more than my points that I originally though. Are those points my point total minus bonus pool points? Or some arbitrary MMR based thing?
aphorism
Profile Joined February 2011
United States226 Posts
August 14 2011 01:40 GMT
#97
On August 14 2011 08:17 HappyMan wrote:
Is there any reason why Tyler's not on the TLPD Team Liquid roster anymore? http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sc2-korean/teams/32_Team_Liquid


That's the korean roster, and Tyler's never played in Korean leagues. He's still in the international db.
Dariusz
Profile Joined May 2011
Poland657 Posts
August 14 2011 13:49 GMT
#98
I think this thread should be sticked to the top shouldn't it?

Anyway, i recently switched from Protoss to Terran because i felt like my race was limiting me too much. Just today i sieged protosses natural while droping BF hellions into his mineral line, while nuking his 3rd and when he moved out, his army got EMP'd and obliterated. So much posibilities that are cost effective. 1 medivac of marines killing few probes, then sniping templar archives, then killing some probes again, then sniping robo... god, this race is so good.
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
August 14 2011 14:41 GMT
#99
Yea, really wondering why this isn't stickied & yes, Terran is good race
the farm ends here
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 14 2011 14:48 GMT
#100
I opened awebsite feedback thread when it was unstickied. If you posted your support for the sticky in it I'd appreciate it!


Dariusz you remind me of what it was like at launch. EMPing two Protoss armies on Twilight Fortress at my teams ramp and counter pushing all the way to their base. God it was fun back then!
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1466
WardiTV937
OGKoka 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 239
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8077
Bisu 1951
Shuttle 1078
Horang2 703
Larva 498
Stork 421
EffOrt 412
BeSt 400
actioN 271
Mini 244
[ Show more ]
Mind 137
910 96
Zeus 92
Snow 74
Barracks 64
Mong 62
Sea.KH 54
Shinee 51
hero 49
JYJ 41
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 31
sorry 31
Killer 26
Shine 25
Sexy 25
Yoon 20
HiyA 20
Aegong 19
soO 18
zelot 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Free 10
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5636
qojqva2260
Dendi1113
febbydoto25
Counter-Strike
fl0m2592
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko476
Other Games
singsing2905
olofmeister1186
hiko956
B2W.Neo834
Livibee452
TKL 439
XBOCT291
Hui .215
Liquid`VortiX204
XaKoH 191
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• mYiSmile16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• iopq 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3139
• Jankos2304
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 37m
Replay Cast
8h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 37m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 37m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.