• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:48
CEST 13:48
KST 20:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10079 users

[August] SC2 General Discussion - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17 18 Next All
Zero.Tha.Hero
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada155 Posts
August 10 2011 12:30 GMT
#61
On August 10 2011 20:09 Probe1 wrote:
Please don't quadruple post.


don't you mean SEXTUPLE post?? I had to point it out only because the opportunity to use such a fun word comes up so rarely XD.
Promises
Profile Joined February 2004
Netherlands1821 Posts
August 10 2011 13:10 GMT
#62
On August 10 2011 15:32 DrNK.Zeal wrote:
Protoss feels really UP lately... i really feel like other race casters are slightly better than HTs, and currently casters are the rage - especially infestors - so a lot of games are very frustrating... Toss should honestly see a buff to HT - something that makes feedback very slightly better... or gives them some kind of defense vrs ghosts/infestors...

Still carriers are a joke unit... PvP feels much more 4gate vrs defensive 3gate-robo on NA at least

PvZ is very ling/infestor heavy, or spam roaches. Mutas, for some reason, almost gone. Perhaps bc of forge FE allowing better cannon defense by mineral lines...

Still very under-used are warp prisms, carriers and motherships ;/ Slight buff to each would be good - especially mothership as Toss players have a single unit that is a total joke and almost completely unseen EVER


I think one big thing is that both the Ghosts EMP and the Zerg's Fungal disable templars in a large area, ie they disable multiple templars with an instant cast. Assuming equal reaction speed that means 1 non-Protoss caster dies to feedback (provided the non-Protoss doesnt use the Aoe well enough, in that case the templar wont get anything off) and the templar and all units surrounding it will get EMP'd or fungalled, thus unable to participate for a bit (either trough lack of energy or being unable to cast and, most likely, getting fungalled again). This means templars have to be spread always, which gets hard when moving about since they are much slower then the rest and as such tend to clump up. I still think warp-prism use of templars (much like sc1) not for backdoor stormdrops but for jangbi-like drops would help Protoss immensely, altho it is ofcourse a very micro intensive move.
I'm a man of my word, and that word is "unreliable".
pburns
Profile Joined February 2011
United States12 Posts
August 10 2011 18:46 GMT
#63
On August 10 2011 19:31 DrNK.Zeal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:46 Soluhwin wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:32 DrNK.Zeal wrote:
especially mothership as Toss players have a single unit that is a total joke and almost completely unseen EVER

Don't count motherships out yet! It took BW zergs like 13 years to figure out how to use queens, before then they were a joke unit.


LOL i guess u right... still.... the tech/time/resource it takes for a mothership...

99% of games you never see it

If someone mothership rushed me nowadays... i feel like it would be so BM LOL... kind of like planetary rush...

Mothership needs a buff sooooooooooooooooooooo bad LOL
- Give armor and attack
or
- Give faster tech (make it not need fleet beacon)
or
- Give it lots of energy on spawn of lower cost of skills

Even if one of these are chosen i STILL doubt you pretty much EVER see mothers... LOL its just sad really b/c motherships are the coolest unit LOL


I think the mothership is a super powerful unit that will get added in eventually. I love seeing these metagame changes and evolutions -- AND THERES TWO PATCHES LEFT! I love this game... ^^
Get more ahead. - Day[9]
triplej
Profile Joined May 2011
United States47 Posts
August 10 2011 18:56 GMT
#64
Is there a point at which you stop making probes/SCVs?

Is 22 per Town Hall (2 at each mineral patch = 16, 3 at each gas = 6) ok or should you just 4e/4s every 30 or so seconds the entire game?
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 10 2011 19:12 GMT
#65
There's about a +/- 20 worker count when you get into specifics but as a general rule 70 is a good number. It takes 24 workers to fully saturate mineral/gas at a base.

But specific race wise there are dependencies. Zerg makes a lot more workers or a lot less depending on personal style or the composition of your army. Terran can sacrifice scvs for supply ultra late game and replace them with mules.

And of course you stop making probes early if you're doing a timing attack.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
LWr
Profile Joined October 2010
60 Posts
August 10 2011 20:34 GMT
#66
I thought they had fixed the 'pause then leave' bug?

My opponent paused the game, left, but I still had the 'surrender' button instead of score screen, and mistakenly clicked it.

I got an error at the score screen, and now the game doesn't appear in my history.

Is that win lost forever?
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
August 10 2011 21:22 GMT
#67
On August 11 2011 05:34 LWr wrote:
I thought they had fixed the 'pause then leave' bug?

My opponent paused the game, left, but I still had the 'surrender' button instead of score screen, and mistakenly clicked it.

I got an error at the score screen, and now the game doesn't appear in my history.

Is that win lost forever?


As far as I know, yes. When this bug happens it won't fix itself.=/

Report the player for exploiting game mechanics or whatever is the name.
J.E.G.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States389 Posts
August 10 2011 22:31 GMT
#68
On August 10 2011 20:49 corvaleur wrote:
I'm playing several hours a day and invest all my time in reading strategies and watching replays but I can't figure PvZ out.

You need to expand to get a good macro, but at the same time you can't harass and scout. Blink stalker gets countered by mass lings/roaches, zaelot sentry pressure is extreme hard to do and not viable. Stargate/DT builds (two freaking economy heavy builds) are less strong due to preventive spore crawlers. Early third is not really defendable, generally expansion races with Zerg are not winnable. The deathball is not scary anymore but a joke to Infestors/broodlords/lings and the army is too slow to react to late scouted mutalisks.

I have no joy in playing PvZ anymore. PvP is completely stupid and a win doesn't make me happy. Only PvT is an interesting matchup. End of the line: I'll probably race switch to terran to be more flexible.

I don't think we will see lot of high quality protoss tournament wins any time soon and our race will slowly fade from GSL A/S.

yup.

I think the inflexibility of protoss stems from P really has to have a lot of sentries for forcefields to deal with roach hydra or bio ball. This really limits your options as far as tech in the beginning, since so much gas is being used.
Do or do not; there is no try.
Barnie
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2 Posts
August 10 2011 22:35 GMT
#69
Me too
lim1017
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1278 Posts
August 10 2011 22:36 GMT
#70
just saw this and thought it was interesting

http://www.bespokeinvest.com/thinkbig/2011/8/10/gold-now-costs-more-than-platinum.html

blizzard might have to rethink their ladder system O.o

whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
August 10 2011 23:32 GMT
#71
On August 11 2011 07:36 lim1017 wrote:
just saw this and thought it was interesting

http://www.bespokeinvest.com/thinkbig/2011/8/10/gold-now-costs-more-than-platinum.html

blizzard might have to rethink their ladder system O.o



hahaha

Good thing they never named the leagues after stock exchanges or currencies....XD
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
August 11 2011 00:49 GMT
#72
On August 11 2011 07:31 J.E.G. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 20:49 corvaleur wrote:
I'm playing several hours a day and invest all my time in reading strategies and watching replays but I can't figure PvZ out.

You need to expand to get a good macro, but at the same time you can't harass and scout. Blink stalker gets countered by mass lings/roaches, zaelot sentry pressure is extreme hard to do and not viable. Stargate/DT builds (two freaking economy heavy builds) are less strong due to preventive spore crawlers. Early third is not really defendable, generally expansion races with Zerg are not winnable. The deathball is not scary anymore but a joke to Infestors/broodlords/lings and the army is too slow to react to late scouted mutalisks.

I have no joy in playing PvZ anymore. PvP is completely stupid and a win doesn't make me happy. Only PvT is an interesting matchup. End of the line: I'll probably race switch to terran to be more flexible.

I don't think we will see lot of high quality protoss tournament wins any time soon and our race will slowly fade from GSL A/S.

yup.

I think the inflexibility of protoss stems from P really has to have a lot of sentries for forcefields to deal with roach hydra or bio ball. This really limits your options as far as tech in the beginning, since so much gas is being used.

Races will always have their downturn, I understand if you'd switch because you find playing unenjoyable but I'd have to call you out on the conjecture that protoss will fade from major tourneys. After all, zerg won the king of the beta and the first two GSLs when people thought terran was totally broken overpowered, but it turns out zergs were just playing it wrong. Same thing just happened to PvZ, I think some protoss hero will show us how it's done. I wouldn't be surprised if the Liquid-OGS protoss players just come out of nowhere and dominate a season like the IM zergs did.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
BuGGeaD
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada19 Posts
August 11 2011 01:22 GMT
#73
did the TL open sign up as ended?
War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
DtorR
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia171 Posts
August 11 2011 01:30 GMT
#74
Is it better to have one BO for a match up or have multiple BO's work to from to reach my mid game goals?
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 11 2011 02:15 GMT
#75
Not going to lie, you can get by with one build order per matchup for the ladder until Masters
unless
you play Zerg.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
BreakfastTea
Profile Joined May 2011
United States184 Posts
August 11 2011 03:19 GMT
#76
I was trying to update my profile to include my favorite team in my posts (SlayerS), but was disappointed to find out that you can only select BW teams. Why can't we select SC2 teams? It's trivial and unimportant, but it would still be nice to have as an option.
Don't take me seriously, I'm no Pro. Neither are you.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 11 2011 04:04 GMT
#77
Search the Website Feedback forum to find that same thing said a few times Yes, it would be nice to have that feature. But it's a pretty low priority for me at least. Especially with the youth of SC2.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 08:23:17
August 11 2011 08:15 GMT
#78
Quick MMR question: Does it take into account inactivity? For example, if I stop playing when I was regularly being pitted against Masters players, would my inactivity be the cause for me being placed against a Platinum player in the placement match of the new season?
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 11 2011 08:41 GMT
#79
The Comprehensive SC2 Ladder Guide thread mentions in the post linked MMR reset if you are inactive for an entire season. Example (from post) I was masters in season 1 and entirely skipped season 2. I had to redo my 5 placement matches for season 3.

So if you're inactive for an entire season then your MMR will drop. I think. I don't know about lesser amounts of time (Like a month) but I don't believe your MMR is linked to activity. I don't have any official Blizzard/TL posts to back that up unfortunately.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
August 11 2011 09:21 GMT
#80
On August 11 2011 17:41 Probe1 wrote:
The Comprehensive SC2 Ladder Guide thread mentions in the post linked MMR reset if you are inactive for an entire season. Example (from post) I was masters in season 1 and entirely skipped season 2. I had to redo my 5 placement matches for season 3.

So if you're inactive for an entire season then your MMR will drop. I think. I don't know about lesser amounts of time (Like a month) but I don't believe your MMR is linked to activity. I don't have any official Blizzard/TL posts to back that up unfortunately.


Hm. Yeah, the part that I bolded is exactly the amount of time that I'm wondering about.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 750
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings185
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27822
Shuttle 11724
FanTaSy 1602
Hyuk 1022
Horang2 564
BeSt 495
Mini 288
Pusan 240
Stork 213
EffOrt 162
[ Show more ]
Killer 143
Last 138
Zeus 122
Mind 90
ggaemo 69
Hyun 54
PianO 42
Snow 42
Sea.KH 40
sorry 39
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 31
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 25
Aegong 22
zelot 18
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe355
Dendi225
Counter-Strike
fl0m2242
byalli822
x6flipin288
Other Games
gofns33915
singsing2939
B2W.Neo831
Hui .77
Livibee66
ArmadaUGS65
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick648
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 12m
Replay Cast
11h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 12m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.