• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:41
CEST 05:41
KST 12:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7945 users

[August] SC2 General Discussion - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Denis Lachance
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada162 Posts
August 09 2011 12:55 GMT
#21
Of course he will

next question
Eppur si muove
Crovea
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark100 Posts
August 09 2011 13:07 GMT
#22
will jinro win code S?
ROOT4ROOT
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
August 09 2011 14:19 GMT
#23
I play with no particular BO at all and have trouble getting into Master. Do you think that taking time to learn some solid BO will make my way to Master easier? (Was Diamond from release)
Terran
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
August 09 2011 14:35 GMT
#24
On August 09 2011 23:19 Caphe wrote:
I play with no particular BO at all and have trouble getting into Master. Do you think that taking time to learn some solid BO will make my way to Master easier? (Was Diamond from release)


Yes, even if you are zerg that is a good idea. One (solid) build order for each of the matchups would be perfect.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 09 2011 14:38 GMT
#25
If you're zerg having several build orders is required. A roach ling all in can only get you so far, especially with the popularity of stargate openings!
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
August 09 2011 15:37 GMT
#26
On August 09 2011 23:38 Probe1 wrote:
If you're zerg having several build orders is required. A roach ling all in can only get you so far, especially with the popularity of stargate openings!


I think we don't agree on the meaning of "Buid Order" =P

Even if you are Terran, you can always open blue flame in TvZ, but then if you see roachs, you should know how to transition to marauders, but that transition is part of the metagame when using that build order. Your push at 8-9 is there so you can scout as well, if mass mutas, mass marines, if mass roachs, some marauders etc. But if you have more than 1 build order, then you have to understand a broader scope of the metagame and it makes things even more difficult.

So I'd recommend following only 1 build order, then you can understand better all the possibilities and transitions that will be require for the different strategies people will use against your opening. So yeah, 1 build order, but still plenty of possibilities and that's exact why it's better to stick to only 1 build order, 1 is already hard enough.
XXhkXX
Profile Joined June 2011
170 Posts
August 09 2011 16:09 GMT
#27
On August 10 2011 00:37 SDream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2011 23:38 Probe1 wrote:
If you're zerg having several build orders is required. A roach ling all in can only get you so far, especially with the popularity of stargate openings!


I think we don't agree on the meaning of "Buid Order" =P

Even if you are Terran, you can always open blue flame in TvZ, but then if you see roachs, you should know how to transition to marauders, but that transition is part of the metagame when using that build order. Your push at 8-9 is there so you can scout as well, if mass mutas, mass marines, if mass roachs, some marauders etc. But if you have more than 1 build order, then you have to understand a broader scope of the metagame and it makes things even more difficult.

So I'd recommend following only 1 build order, then you can understand better all the possibilities and transitions that will be require for the different strategies people will use against your opening. So yeah, 1 build order, but still plenty of possibilities and that's exact why it's better to stick to only 1 build order, 1 is already hard enough.


Also unless they're going an MC style stargate opener chances are that holding a 2 base roach ling all-in after they've expo'd and gone stargate is very unlikely. As long as your roaches and lings clean up his initial gateway army, the reinforcement lings should easily be able to clean up, as a few void rays won't really help much. If he's smart he may attempt a base race but usually in that scenario if you can continually reinforce you win anyways.
Emperor_Earth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States824 Posts
August 09 2011 17:29 GMT
#28
On August 09 2011 15:23 Probe1 wrote:
Well I mean I basically play wackamole in ZvT. Every time Terran shows up at a expansion I'm making another one some where. Unless I'm using it was a decoy to go kick their natural while they kill a third

I don't know what to tell you. I mean If Protoss just sits there they lose. In fact they're already behind if there are marines and tanks and all sorts of Terran shit sitting in their natural on top the wreckage of a nexus. But if they don't expand again.. what plan could they have? One base colossus and pray you forget how to make vikings?

Or maybe I'm seeing it wrong.


Please continue doing this. I love waiting until a expo is just finished before attacking it.
@Emperor_Earth ------- "Amat Victoria Curam."
Like a Boss
Profile Joined January 2011
502 Posts
August 09 2011 17:53 GMT
#29
On August 09 2011 23:19 Caphe wrote:
I play with no particular BO at all and have trouble getting into Master. Do you think that taking time to learn some solid BO will make my way to Master easier? (Was Diamond from release)


I recommend you working on your mechanics. Zerg dont use tactical build orders because they are a responsive race.
bluehunter
Profile Joined August 2010
United States57 Posts
August 09 2011 18:00 GMT
#30
by any chance is DaySG on KR server Day9?? im pretty sure its not but just hopin
the only logical way to solve the candle problem is to turn the lights off... BOOM!
Darclite
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1021 Posts
August 09 2011 21:43 GMT
#31
Hey everyone, I figured this would be a good place to let people know about the All Purpose Coaching Thread I made. I'm seeing more and more "FREE Coaching!" and "I need a coach" threads popping up and it would be easier to organize in one thread.
They're fools. You should eat them.
Thesidu
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden290 Posts
August 09 2011 21:48 GMT
#32
Does anyone know if you can still buy a 1 day GSL pass? Remember that they used to have that but can't seem to find it.
¯\_(シ)_/¯
RusHXceL
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1004 Posts
August 09 2011 22:34 GMT
#33
Will HuK win GSL?
Guamshin
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands295 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 22:51:23
August 09 2011 22:35 GMT
#34
On August 10 2011 07:34 RusHXceL wrote:
Will HuK win GSL?



I think he lost to MC.

Im almost sure that Huk will never win a gsl, he is overrated in my opinion.

*runs for all the huk fanboys*
Weeeee
Sokalo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States375 Posts
August 09 2011 23:32 GMT
#35
On August 10 2011 07:35 Guamshin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 07:34 RusHXceL wrote:
Will HuK win GSL?



I think he lost to MC.

Im almost sure that Huk will never win a gsl, he is overrated in my opinion.

*runs for all the huk fanboys*


Not particularly a Huk fanboi, but as far as foreigners go who is stronger? There's only 3 in my mind who are worth mentioning in that debate. Those being: Naniwa, Idra, Thorzain. I don't see any of those really being a clear favorite over Huk at the moment.

Absent their theoretical skills I feel there isn't even a debate as to who has the most achievements as of late.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
Sokalo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States375 Posts
August 09 2011 23:49 GMT
#36
Oh, returning back to this thread to post what I originally crawled in here to do.

Random question:
When two identical units, in particular workers, attack each other what dictates who gets the killing blow? Assuming that both have equal vision, upgrades, etc.

This question arose from games where two scouting probes are attacking each other in synchronization(from appearances) yet one walks away the victor. Maybe it's possible to have simultaneous kills but I haven't seen it.

Obviously missle units can kill each other simultaneously, so I'm not too worried about that scenario.

My theory was that it had something to do with who had an attack command issued first even if both had to travel to attack, or maybe it was the last one to enter a straight line into combat loses, a la moving around terrain or reversing to attack the chasing probe.

If no one can provide an answer I'm totally up for testing this but I need a partner.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
Atlasy
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Hungary229 Posts
August 09 2011 23:58 GMT
#37
Hey! Will blizzard be at gamescom 2011? Thx the answers,
Aron Times
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States312 Posts
August 10 2011 00:12 GMT
#38
I'm a Random player who switched back to Terran recently. I started playing Random in September 2010, so I have been Random longer than I've been Terran. Unless you count Starcraft 1, where I was Terran.

Anyway, my experience as a Random player has made me a better Terran player overall. Just thought I'd share this tip in case you hit a plateau in your chosen race.
"The drums! The drums! The drums! The neverending drumbeat! Open me, you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!"
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
August 10 2011 01:37 GMT
#39
On August 10 2011 02:53 Like a Boss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2011 23:19 Caphe wrote:
I play with no particular BO at all and have trouble getting into Master. Do you think that taking time to learn some solid BO will make my way to Master easier? (Was Diamond from release)


I recommend you working on your mechanics. Zerg dont use tactical build orders because they are a responsive race.

I am a Terran player . Gonna study some allin and esp the 1-1-1 vs Protoss.
Terran
catabowl
Profile Joined November 2009
United States815 Posts
August 10 2011 02:14 GMT
#40
Is there anyway we can get the Barracks before Depot opening back? I feel it's hard to do any early pressure without 2 raxing and that just delays tech so bad if you do no damage. Whereas, a protoss can pressure no problem with one stalker against Terran and a zerg can poke in with an easy counter if you try to move out.
Jung! Myung! Hoooooooooooooooooon! #TeamPolt
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 256
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 174
Bale 25
Terrorterran 19
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
League of Legends
JimRising 818
Counter-Strike
taco 349
Other Games
summit1g13474
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1278
BasetradeTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo669
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 20m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 20m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 20m
Replay Cast
19h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.