• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:22
CEST 19:22
KST 02:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8425 users

[October] SC2 General Discussion

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
October 09 2011 05:38 GMT
#1
Previous Editions
+ Show Spoiler +

September '11
August '11
July '11
June '11
May '11
April '11
March '11
February '11
January '11
December '10
November '10
October '10
September '10
August '10
July '10
June '10
May '10
April '10
March '10
February '10
January '10
December '09
November '09


Q: What is this thread?

A: General purpose, SC2 discussion thread.

Q: What should I be posting about?
A: Basically, anything you want to talk about but aren't sure if it warrants a topic of its own. Heard a rumour you want to share? A new video? A question you are sure is super common but can't find the answer to via searching? A brilliant new idea that you want to vet, to make sure it's really as brilliant as you think it is?

This is the place.


Note:
Posting standards will not be as high as if you were to make a new thread, but pointless spam will still not be tolerated. I have seen threads like these work out alright on other sites (for other games) so I figured, why not give it a shot? It's possible there's not really enough content for something like this to exist at this point in time, but no harm then, it will just die on its own.

Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
SchfiftyFive
Profile Joined September 2010
United States131 Posts
October 09 2011 05:51 GMT
#2
So does anyone think protoss are making a comeback or do they still need to keep innovating?
My IQ? // "Unprotected sex is like fast expanding in close positions. Its risky, but feels great when it works out" Cim9
WEMADEJT
Profile Joined August 2011
8 Posts
October 09 2011 06:41 GMT
#3
I think yes espacially agains Zerg, throug the Infestor nerf they have a stronger 200 200 death ball, and they can still drop great with warp prism.

But to focus a bit on ZvT what do you think about the new fast 3 base from Terran and with the hellion opening Zerg cannt get a quick third, how they did agains Protoss and double expanding is pretty risky I thing Counter Attacks are not bad but the only Zerg who had won his bo3 angains this build in GSL is Neastea.
He uses at the basetrade Burrowed banelings, beceause Terran could not scan with no Commandcentres. And I liked that a lot.

What do you think about the fast 3 base Terran and how to deal with it?
Saint131
Profile Joined July 2011
30 Posts
October 09 2011 12:47 GMT
#4
Just wondering... Why do pro terran players reveal their tech structures such as building a factory replacing a choke that already had a barracks. I see this against zerg. Does it matter if zerg scouts the factory? Sorry if I sound noobish. (Probably because I am)
Hello World
Flossy
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States870 Posts
October 09 2011 12:59 GMT
#5
On October 09 2011 21:47 Saint131 wrote:
Just wondering... Why do pro terran players reveal their tech structures such as building a factory replacing a choke that already had a barracks. I see this against zerg. Does it matter if zerg scouts the factory? Sorry if I sound noobish. (Probably because I am)

Well, Factories do have more HP than rax.
etternaonline.com
Bibzball
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France250 Posts
October 09 2011 13:11 GMT
#6
(IPL3 spoilers ahead)



So, after seeing a lot of footage of Kiwi vs Stephano cause i f***ing loved that game, I've tried to chill down the hype and get my thoughts together since as a Protoss player I've struggled a lot against infestor broodlord myself. Is vortex the only "real" answer to that composition ? And it seems like if stephano knew the vortex hotkey the outcome would have been different.
I've also watched a game on slayers' yugiho stream where a similar situation happened where the P struggled a lot until vortex came and "solved" everything.

Just curious, what are peoples' thought on this, and if it's already been discussed on another topic, just link it to me ^_^
DANIEL ! GET OUT OF THE WATER !!!
CatNzHat
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1599 Posts
October 09 2011 13:15 GMT
#7
Custom hotkeys for building lift/bunker load/medivac load, anyone else doing that?

I've rebound them all to F.
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
October 09 2011 13:16 GMT
#8
On October 09 2011 21:47 Saint131 wrote:
Just wondering... Why do pro terran players reveal their tech structures such as building a factory replacing a choke that already had a barracks. I see this against zerg. Does it matter if zerg scouts the factory? Sorry if I sound noobish. (Probably because I am)


Its an hold habit to wallin with your racks so scouts can't pass through, then you build your addon there as well and since switching makes the factory work faster there you go. You give up the hide the tech for your units being out faster. Especially hellions deny ling scouting so you want them out fast to do the real tech.
Otherwise you probably get a double ovi scout on your main anyway if you play sneaky, can't hide something from a zerg heh.
No Legs
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1 Post
October 09 2011 13:51 GMT
#9
On October 09 2011 15:41 WEMADEJT wrote:
I think yes espacially agains Zerg, throug the Infestor nerf they have a stronger 200 200 death ball, and they can still drop great with warp prism.

But to focus a bit on ZvT what do you think about the new fast 3 base from Terran and with the hellion opening Zerg cannt get a quick third, how they did agains Protoss and double expanding is pretty risky I thing Counter Attacks are not bad but the only Zerg who had won his bo3 angains this build in GSL is Neastea.
He uses at the basetrade Burrowed banelings, beceause Terran could not scan with no Commandcentres. And I liked that a lot.

What do you think about the fast 3 base Terran and how to deal with it?


A couple of zergs (such as sheth) are opening with fast roachs in ZvT in order to meta game this kinda play. 2 base eco roach pressure can flat out kill hellion expand on occasion.
Ignorance is self-willed blindness
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
October 10 2011 00:24 GMT
#10
I was generally dissatisfied after watching a bit of League of Legends. I would like to open this poll to see if others felt the same way I did. I would rather have just watched the semi finals and finals of SC2 @ IPL rather than be given no choice but to watch LoL or turn off the stream. Agree?


Poll: Should IPL have delayed the SC2 semis for LoL?

No (146)
 
86%

Yes (24)
 
14%

170 total votes

Your vote: Should IPL have delayed the SC2 semis for LoL?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No


우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
October 10 2011 03:44 GMT
#11
This month will be awesome for SC2 e-sports: Blizzcon (Nestea replays anyone?), MLG Orlando (always awesome, specially with replays <3), GSL Oct (hopefully good ZvT till the finals, at least good ZvTs this weak =)).
CookieMaker
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada880 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 05:55:10
October 10 2011 05:54 GMT
#12
I don't think this warrants a topic of it's own because sooooo many topics have been made already that are "similar".

ZvZ: On maps where 15hatch is "safer" (ShatT, TA, Antiga etc), is is possible to hold a 15 hatch against ANY cheese build? I have had the most trouble against 9/10 pools, and I haven't yet seen a guide out there that gives you the exact details of how to. Is scouting it out the only answer? I scout on 9, but if he's the last position scouted then im committed to the 15hatch already.

If you say "just throw down a spine in your mineral line and mineral-walk-attack with your drones" then you're a scrub. 8+ lings microed ON CREEP against drones will kill a huge number of your drones (gg) WAY before that spine or any lings pop.

edit: Didn't think this belonged in SQSA thread because it doesn't appear to be that simple, as none of the guides address it specifically.
Micro your Macro
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
October 10 2011 05:58 GMT
#13
On October 10 2011 12:44 SDream wrote:
This month will be awesome for SC2 e-sports: Blizzcon (Nestea replays anyone?), MLG Orlando (always awesome, specially with replays <3), GSL Oct (hopefully good ZvT till the finals, at least good ZvTs this weak =)).


Oh without a doubt, and also the GSTL Finals (which were AMAZING just btw.) Code A finals, Blizzcon Invitational, Code S and MLG.

All of which are shaping up to make October the single biggest month ever in E-sports.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
October 10 2011 08:53 GMT
#14
I keep trying to find a way to work Red October into a hype post.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
ANewbie
Profile Joined September 2011
3 Posts
October 10 2011 13:38 GMT
#15
Hey, I'm not sure if anyone has seen Minigun and his play with warp prisms and sentries, but it got me thinking that it seems crazy that Protoss can use one force field on a Zerg ramp and cut the army in half. I also understand though that force field is not overpowered and is an integral part of the protoss game play. I was thinking then that maybe an appropriate solution would be to make queens massive and wanted to see what everyone here thought. The only other things I think this would affect is that a phoenix would not be able to lift up queens, but in turn the void ray would deal more damage. What do you think?
sebastiancee
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada3 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 20:26:53
October 10 2011 20:26 GMT
#16
Hey,

Just wondering how people deal with a Terran fast expand into bio push with all 3 bio upgrades (I play protoss). I lose to this push everytime, I expand as soon as I spot the terran command center going down, which usually requires me to get an observer. The problem is i have to engage terran at my natural, where on maps like metalopolis I simply get crushed by the stimmed bio-ball. The push is timed such that colossus are not a viable option, and i'd only have 1 immortal, and a handful of stalkers, sentries, and zealots. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, the push arrives before i can chrono out +1 attack or armor, or zealot legs or blink, a very brutal timing indeed.
Joeydixie
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 00:04:13
October 11 2011 00:00 GMT
#17
I am finding the protoss deathball impossible to deal with post patch 1.4. On a map where the protoss can turtle on 3 bases such as taldarim, zerg has a hard time pressuring. I have found infestors to be a lot less useful and now many protoss are adding immortals to their deathball which can dps while the stalker collosus and void rays are attacking. The added immortals make roaches a less than optimal choice now. In general I am a fairly strong player in zvp but I always lose against the death ball. Brood lords are just not enough to beat it because they can transition to more void rays or blink stalkers.

Also one thing I have found frustrating is that a protoss can blindly go for a fast robotics because then they can chrono out an obs to check for muta play and adjust accordingly. If the zerg opts for an early ling roach attack the protoss can just use immortal zealot to hold it off then they are free to start making their death ball

Any suggestions from masters level or higher zerg on how to beat a protoss death ball?

EDIT: I have found baneling drops don't work very well after patch 1.4
Get Money Get Paid
PopcornColonel
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
October 11 2011 02:00 GMT
#18
On October 09 2011 21:59 Flossy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 21:47 Saint131 wrote:
Just wondering... Why do pro terran players reveal their tech structures such as building a factory replacing a choke that already had a barracks. I see this against zerg. Does it matter if zerg scouts the factory? Sorry if I sound noobish. (Probably because I am)

Well, Factories do have more HP than rax.

I don't think so...

I don't know what you're talking about specifically, but terran players lift off their rax to build a reactor for their factory simply because they don't have another building on which to build it. I haven't seen a terran player build his wall with a factory in the manner you're describing.
Zerg delenda est.
Twon
Profile Joined January 2011
United States53 Posts
October 11 2011 03:35 GMT
#19
Hey guys was looking around for chat channels to find some good practice games, Found a TL thread with a bunch like TLpractice and tlobs but they are empty all the time. Anyone know some good community ones for practice? looking for high diamond / masters partners.
Way of the universe: Problem + More Marines = Less Problem
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
October 11 2011 08:16 GMT
#20
teamliquid (channel)

its the most active channel on NA i've ever found. I'm sure you've already seen it though :\ sorry.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem483
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 483
IndyStarCraft 229
Railgan 84
BRAT_OK 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20906
BeSt 452
Larva 380
Soma 170
Mind 157
Dewaltoss 119
hero 72
Zeus 47
Hyun 43
Last 39
[ Show more ]
Killer 38
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 19
Rock 18
PianO 18
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5107
qojqva2846
Dendi1286
420jenkins436
Counter-Strike
fl0m4506
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4002
Khaldor1471
Liquid`Hasu1027
MindelVK10
Other Games
FrodaN2377
B2W.Neo733
byalli467
ArmadaUGS189
Hui .163
KnowMe134
QueenE90
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• FirePhoenix2
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4008
League of Legends
• Nemesis2698
Other Games
• Shiphtur296
• WagamamaTV238
• imaqtpie131
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 39m
Replay Cast
5h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 39m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 39m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 39m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.