• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:07
CEST 21:07
KST 04:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9501 users

[October] SC2 General Discussion - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
PopcornColonel
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
October 13 2011 22:26 GMT
#41
On October 14 2011 06:25 Skorch99 wrote:
Hey I like playing sc2 and all, but I am tired of the incredible amount of hacks that come with blizzard games. Is there a current sc2 hack detector I can use so I don't wrongly accuse people right off. I cannot play a game in ladder without some maphacker or other. ANY hack detector would be really nice thx!

There are no hacks, man... I haven't seen anyone use them, and i've been from silver to diamond.
Zerg delenda est.
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
October 13 2011 22:34 GMT
#42
On October 14 2011 07:26 PopcornColonel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 06:25 Skorch99 wrote:
Hey I like playing sc2 and all, but I am tired of the incredible amount of hacks that come with blizzard games. Is there a current sc2 hack detector I can use so I don't wrongly accuse people right off. I cannot play a game in ladder without some maphacker or other. ANY hack detector would be really nice thx!

There are no hacks, man... I haven't seen anyone use them, and i've been from silver to diamond.


I've seen plenty, there's a bunch of them actually. I think they exist just as much as in the lower leagues as in the higher leagues all the way up to GM. From maphack to drophack etc.

And as far as I know there's no dectector that you can use on people to see if they hacks or not.
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Volrod
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia21 Posts
October 13 2011 22:36 GMT
#43
On October 14 2011 06:25 Skorch99 wrote:
Hey I like playing sc2 and all, but I am tired of the incredible amount of hacks that come with blizzard games. Is there a current sc2 hack detector I can use so I don't wrongly accuse people right off. I cannot play a game in ladder without some maphacker or other. ANY hack detector would be really nice thx!

sorry to be an idiot but, what would having a detector do if it went off in a game? would u just DC? imho u can tell if ppl are map hacking by looking at replays and reporting to blizz or post on the TL hacking thread
Skorch99
Profile Joined October 2011
2 Posts
October 14 2011 00:50 GMT
#44
I think we need hackers to hack the hacks imo. Have hackers that counter all those nasty hacks like drop hack or map hack. Any min hack detections would be swell as well.

Tbh, I dont think blizzard would even care if people started fixing their game for them. You would think by now they would implement something to make sure they have a legit copy of the game that is unaltered. Sc2 is turning out to be just like wc3. My suggestion to blizzard would be to hire a bunch of hackers under the table to develop ways of countering these illegitmate douche holes.

What they're doing now is just letting everyone hack the crud out of the game and then do a mass ban. By not dealing with the problem immediately theyre only losing more people due to all the frustration.. I think this might reflect on the sales of HotS.

Anyway, I guess I am just venting because, like many, we're fed up with this game being hacked since the beta. If blizzard really cared they'd give us the same support as they do WoW.
MrF
Profile Joined October 2011
United States320 Posts
October 14 2011 02:10 GMT
#45
so i was checking out my ladder today, bronze , and i noticed one guy had many many more wins than anyone else, like 1500ish, so i decided to look at his match history every game i looked at was like 12-20 seconds long regardless of who wins, also all his opponents have real fancy names like his now i wont post his name here in case this is just a glitch in the match history, however upon further digging i noticed that his opponents also have this shady match history of all under 20 second games with nothing built by either team.
TL:DR is there some way of ladder hacking involving under 20 games with nothing built and no actions and maybe somehow rigging the matchmaking system?
HunterXHunter is awesome
storm44
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1293 Posts
October 14 2011 02:17 GMT
#46
you guys shouldn't even worry about hackers they are like .00001 of the population. Even if you play a hacker you only lose ladder points so its not a big deal.
MrF
Profile Joined October 2011
United States320 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-14 02:25:27
October 14 2011 02:21 GMT
#47
i am not worried i was just intrigued and couldn't figure out what was happening on my own so i figured i would ask, i never actually faced this guy, just saw his history and said huh... i know i am wasting my time thinking about it but i have a curious nature, also i did not see the above post was about hacking as well, not trying to flood the thread with hack complaints i just didn't know where else to ask and none of my more experienced sc2 buddies were on steam atm
HunterXHunter is awesome
Persev
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States127 Posts
October 14 2011 02:27 GMT
#48
On October 14 2011 11:10 MrF wrote:
so i was checking out my ladder today, bronze , and i noticed one guy had many many more wins than anyone else, like 1500ish, so i decided to look at his match history every game i looked at was like 12-20 seconds long regardless of who wins, also all his opponents have real fancy names like his now i wont post his name here in case this is just a glitch in the match history, however upon further digging i noticed that his opponents also have this shady match history of all under 20 second games with nothing built by either team.
TL:DR is there some way of ladder hacking involving under 20 games with nothing built and no actions and maybe somehow rigging the matchmaking system?


Your looking at the match history of portrait farmers. They arent' cheating in the conventional sense, they just lose straight to bronze and then find other portrait farmers and agree who wins and leave asap. They do this to "farm" wins to get impressive portraits that would normally take years in matter of weeks. With subsequent seasons, you won't know easily tell who the portrait farmers were.
Be nice!
GotTheLife
Profile Joined October 2011
91 Posts
October 14 2011 02:39 GMT
#49
Kinda weird, but does anyone else get extremely bored watching tournaments now? Whenever I start watching something big like IEM, IPL, GSL, MLG etc. after about 30 mins I go "couldn't I be playing right now?" and I start playing instead of watching. I didn't even know that IEM was going on today or that MLG was this weekend lol. I guess it's a good thing, but it's kinda strange because I used to almost exclusively watch, and now I find it way more fun actually playing.
Not changing sig until Clide wins a GSL! | Started 10/10/11
MrF
Profile Joined October 2011
United States320 Posts
October 14 2011 02:39 GMT
#50
Ok, thanks for the info i thought it might be something like that, seems like an enormous waste of time to me but who am i to judge, its crazy there are enough people willing to do this to make it a viable way of farming the achievement, but hey its a crazy world we live in, and its also crazy that I feel satisfied having learned whats going on thanks again for clearing that up.
HunterXHunter is awesome
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
October 14 2011 02:42 GMT
#51
On October 14 2011 11:39 GotTheLife wrote:
Kinda weird, but does anyone else get extremely bored watching tournaments now? Whenever I start watching something big like IEM, IPL, GSL, MLG etc. after about 30 mins I go "couldn't I be playing right now?" and I start playing instead of watching. I didn't even know that IEM was going on today or that MLG was this weekend lol. I guess it's a good thing, but it's kinda strange because I used to almost exclusively watch, and now I find it way more fun actually playing.

I think I've become kind of like that, but to a much lesser extent. If a bunch of players I don't really know are playing, or if I don't like the casters, I don't bother. Basically I've sort of boiled it down to the players I like to see most and apart from that, I don't follow too closely. It's basically the same attitude I have toward other sports I like to watch like basketball and football. If the Mavs or Niners are playing, I'm there. If not, I'll probably find something better to do.
insane_
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia10 Posts
October 14 2011 07:43 GMT
#52
On October 14 2011 11:39 GotTheLife wrote:
Kinda weird, but does anyone else get extremely bored watching tournaments now? Whenever I start watching something big like IEM, IPL, GSL, MLG etc. after about 30 mins I go "couldn't I be playing right now?" and I start playing instead of watching. I didn't even know that IEM was going on today or that MLG was this weekend lol. I guess it's a good thing, but it's kinda strange because I used to almost exclusively watch, and now I find it way more fun actually playing.

I find some of them very same-y to watch, but I've tried to fix this by only watching when I'm really interested in the players or learning the strategies or something like that.
I used to binge out on tournaments, but really can't do that anymore
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
October 14 2011 11:36 GMT
#53
The current problem with PvT is ghosts, 1/1/1 can mostly be dealt with these days now. In the PvT matchup right now shield upgrades are mostly worthless, why? Because of the EMP. But what if shield upgrades decreased the emp damage, wouldn't that make shields more available in PvT also? e.g.
Shield upgrade 1, give same armor but also reduces the emp damage by 20, shield upgrade 2 give same armor to shield as previous but reduces the emp damage to 40, and last one gives 60 damage reduction to shields which means emp only does 40 damage, even if it seems like a large damage reduction imagine now lategame ghost comp beats just about anything, even if you have colossus they could just add vikings or wipe your gateway army out then kill the colossus.

Another thing, not sure if also needed but could make the emp a projectile.

Regarding the PvZ infestors has already been nerfed, I just think this one we need to wait out and it shall be fine. The biggest problem I guess is the lategame also against the broodlord and infestors, however you saw how kiwikaki dealt with it accordingly versus game two against Stephano. I don't think anything need to be done here.

What are your guys thoughts? These is just theorycrafting!

Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
October 14 2011 12:55 GMT
#54
On October 10 2011 22:38 ANewbie wrote:
Hey, I'm not sure if anyone has seen Minigun and his play with warp prisms and sentries, but it got me thinking that it seems crazy that Protoss can use one force field on a Zerg ramp and cut the army in half. I also understand though that force field is not overpowered and is an integral part of the protoss game play. I was thinking then that maybe an appropriate solution would be to make queens massive and wanted to see what everyone here thought. The only other things I think this would affect is that a phoenix would not be able to lift up queens, but in turn the void ray would deal more damage. What do you think?


Would practically kill off early game attacks from Protoss in my opinion. You're often relying on being able to cut off the opponent's army. Attacking onto creep would be a nightmare because of the uselessness of forcefield block.

As for the air unit comment...I would think that'd force Zerg to literally go back to basics and re-write build orders. Because at present Queens are the only real early-game defence against fast Void Rays and that works because they trade quite well with them, so a couple of extra Queens will save you and no extra tech required. If you make Void Rays effective against Queens then Zerg are literally going to be forced into either getting lots of spore crawlers early game or flat out teching to hydralisk straight up to even light Void Ray harrass or risk getting totally annihilated.

Not to mention you're taking away the option of Phoenix harrass from Protoss which is easily one of the best uses of the Phoenix. They don't get used enough as it is.


On October 14 2011 20:36 eYeball wrote:
Shield upgrade 1, give same armor but also reduces the emp damage by 20, shield upgrade 2 give same armor to shield as previous but reduces the emp damage to 40, and last one gives 60 damage reduction to shields which means emp only does 40 damage, even if it seems like a large damage reduction imagine now lategame ghost comp beats just about anything, even if you have colossus they could just add vikings or wipe your gateway army out then kill the colossus.


I agree shield upgrades become annoyingly redundant with EMP. However I'd be careful about throwing numbers out there. Those seem rather high to me.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Access
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19 Posts
October 14 2011 13:32 GMT
#55
The question about barracks having an additional +5 seconds to be constructed... should the question of deducting reaper build time 5 seconds as well?

I open reapers in both my matchups of TvT and TvZ i usually get around 4 - 6 but since the patch of +5 seconds to rax it seems as if reapers are slowly getting wiped off the match ups.

Also note that in season 1 the build time has been nerfed so terrans cannot do 4 rax reaper against zerg.
ikiame
Profile Joined October 2011
Korea (South)1 Post
Last Edited: 2011-10-15 13:00:33
October 14 2011 18:30 GMT
#56
Sadness of Ultralisk

Ultralisk's atk is avoided, when target is moving.

When Ultralisk lost his target, splash dmg do not work

Attach related video

ikiame
disasterart33
Profile Joined October 2011
2 Posts
October 14 2011 20:12 GMT
#57
LOL Probe. I saw the title for SC and was hoping it was Star Control 2. LOL<a href="http://owenyork.com/">Rock Art</a>
disasterart33
Profile Joined October 2011
2 Posts
October 14 2011 20:13 GMT
#58
Rock Art is what I really meant.
voyivoda
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2 Posts
October 15 2011 05:48 GMT
#59
Does anyone else feel like team Slayers aside from MMA and Ganzi are in a bit of a slump? i found Slayers to be different to other teams in that where most teams have individual players with they're own unique style. However, Slayers seems to be the only team where everyone plays in a similar fashion consistently. A couple of months ago it seemed that Slayers players were taking many tournaments by storm, placing very high in many of them with the Terrans of the team using their impressive openers and mech style and the Zergs and Protoss coming with their unique army compositions and timings. Does anyone feel that in the near future we will all experience the Slayers phenomenon of team wide innovation or was this done away with by patch 1.4?
Life inside the musicbox ain't easy.
Karpok
Profile Joined November 2010
Dominican Republic2 Posts
October 15 2011 19:19 GMT
#60
why the people follow the game of EGINCONTROL?

incontrol its ultra bad

incontrol its mega bad

incontrol its ultramega BAD
cxa
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2011
RotterdaM977
TaKeTV 389
IndyStarCraft 191
SteadfastSC126
ZombieGrub96
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2011
RotterdaM 977
IndyStarCraft 191
MaxPax 181
RuFF_SC2 133
SteadfastSC 126
ZombieGrub96
UpATreeSC 66
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2942
Shuttle 561
Dewaltoss 104
910 74
Zeus 70
Mind 68
ToSsGirL 20
Bale 15
Dota 2
qojqva3542
Counter-Strike
fl0m6159
pashabiceps1275
Fnx 667
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4327
Liquid`Hasu471
Other Games
Beastyqt775
ceh9450
mouzStarbuck396
C9.Mang0152
ToD102
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 121
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• Eskiya23 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie790
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 53m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 53m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.