• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:00
CEST 21:00
KST 04:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9406 users

US Politics Feedback Thread - Page 332

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 330 331 332 333 334 345 Next
Magic Powers
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria4478 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-10-05 06:45:17
October 05 2025 06:40 GMT
#6621
I don't agree with how much KwarK has been attacking GH's character as of late. Doesn't matter how justified he feels in doing it, I don't care whatsoever. I don't fucking care. It's unacceptable behavior. It's a behavior that would lead to a ban for literally any other forum user, and completely rightfully so.

The reason why I'm calling out him specifically and not anybody else is because he's leading the charge once again. Others have also done character assassination of GH lately, but not anywhere near as consistently and strongly.
If you want to do the right thing, 80% of your job is done if you don't do the wrong thing.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-10-05 16:11:50
October 05 2025 16:11 GMT
#6622
It’s a game we like to play with each other.

He explains that he’s better than every other forum poster because he imagined a hypothetical in which he did something virtuous and we did something immoral. I explain to him that he’s wrong because actually when I imagined that same hypothetical then it was him who was the bad guy and I was the good guy.

Then he shuts up for a week because there’s literally no effective counter to “I imagined you doing something bad, explain yourself!” It’s simply too stupid to beat.

But after the week passes he can’t resist and so he does it again. He imagines a civil war and he imagines other forum posters choosing safety over nobility while he imagines himself saving the day. And then, incensed by their cowardice, he demands to know why others didn’t lay down their lives the way he did.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
ChristianS
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3304 Posts
October 05 2025 16:13 GMT
#6623
Idk about Kwark but I did think this one might be a bit over the line:

On October 05 2025 18:26 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2025 17:20 GreenHorizons wrote:
On October 05 2025 16:06 EnDeR_ wrote:
On October 05 2025 07:04 GreenHorizons wrote:

Okay...

The point was pretty much that the dirt poor people are the ones the anti-Maidan folks expect to fight/fend for themselves to your west (would you support Europe arming anti-fascists in the US like Ukrainians?). I could be wrong, but I doubt many (I'm sure some are) of Ukrainians on the front lines to your east are more affluent than you, and that's who you expect to protect you (not all flee West like you would) until you're forced to fight/join the fascists yourself. Which with AfD being the most popular faction nowadays, probably isn't as far off as you'd like to imagine.

On September 30 2025 21:12 Ryzel wrote:
He’s just trying to light a fire under y’all collective asses to engage meaningfully with your individual political beliefs, see how they track with what’s currently being represented by the Democratic Party, and normalize change. Because if you believe “wow, the way the world works right now sucks”, you can’t then argue “you can’t do that, that’s not the way the world works”, because the logical conclusion of meshing those two is “the world sucks and will keep on sucking until hopefully it stops sucking anymore on its own.”

At that point you’re at best (if you have hope for it to stop sucking) ideologically similar to Nazi Germany citizens who “had to go along with all the bad stuff until hopefully things get better” (but instead internalized all the bad shit they had to do until it didn’t seem so bad anymore), OR at worst (if you’ve lost hope for it to stop sucking) ideologically similar to 647 / No Lives Matter nihilists who say “fuck this fucking sucky world that sucks and everyone in it, even me” (until their rage pushes them to shoot up a public place).


One additional thing I'm pointing out is that oppressed people are being described sorta like canaries in the fascism mine for those people who plan on leaving when the oppressed people around them die/get abused at an uncomfortable enough rate.

I'm not leaving those less fortunate than myself to face the fascists alone and I'm certainly not going to join the fascists. That's just not something the rest of you will commit to.


+ Show Spoiler +
Ok, you've quoted that post a couple times now, so let's address it.

I take it you liked the opening statement "He’s just trying to light a fire under y’all collective asses to engage meaningfully with your individual political beliefs, see how they track with what’s currently being represented by the Democratic Party, and normalize change."


engaging meaningfully is a vague term, similar to what you get when you ask ChatGPT to write for you. You can project that to cover pretty much any discussion about politics. What does this mean to you?

en.wikipedia.org

Harris's domestic platform was similar to Biden's on most issues.[15] She supported national abortion protections, LGBT+ rights, stricter gun control, and legislation to address climate change.[16] She also supported federal cannabis legalization, strengthening voting rights, strengthening the Affordable Care Act, and federal funding of housing. Harris departed from Biden on some economic issues, initially proposing what some described as a "populist" economic agenda. Harris advocated for limited anti-price-gouging laws for grocery and food prices, a cap on prescription drug costs, and expansion of the child tax credit.[17][18] On immigration, Harris supported increasing the number of Border Patrol agents and reforming the immigration system. On foreign policy, she supported continued military aid to Ukraine and Israel in their respective wars, but insisted that Israel should agree to a ceasefire and hostage deal and work towards a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.[19]


So, Harris hit most of the issues we agree are important, from taxing richer folks more to extending healthcare and adding protections for LGBT+ people. She had concrete plans to do these things. Are you going to argue that these don't track with what progressives want? Before you start with the genocide enablers thing again, I know that you disagree with her foreign policy, no need to go there.

Maybe something for you think about: were we closer to implementing a socialist system before or after Harris lost the election?
It's basically what I was going for with the discussion about the recent poll. I think there's still plenty there to discuss personally and encourage people to elaborate on their answers.

Poll: I believe

You must be logged in to vote in this poll.

☐ The Democratic party has a viable path forward and we just need to support them
☐ The Democratic party has has no viable path forward so we need an alternative
☐ The US has no viable path forward, but to try to protect our loved ones from the worst of it
☐ I don't know how to get to a socialist future, but that's what I want



Which did you choose? It'll probably help me respond more effectively.

Generally speaking, my vote was not counted before the election result was announced. There's no reason for me to have voted for Harris. That said, I didn't want Trump to win. The way the US electoral system is set up though, there's not really much I could do about that.



Oh my god shut the fuck up nobody cares
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Robert J. Hanlon
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
October 05 2025 18:33 GMT
#6624
It’s not exactly civil, but equally to me there are plenty of ways to be uncivil in such an environment.

Like, is decaf (atypically) losing it and telling someone to STFU really worse for the tenor than strawmanning with a smile, or politely having people engage with what you think should be, and then not reciprocating?

I’m not singling anyone out with my prior point for the record. Just I think sometimes it’s generally shitty posting habits that drag threads down. As in many other contexts, sometimes the Persian who loses their temper gets all the opprobrium for being the one to crack when it’s been others ratcheting up the tension, but are civil-presenting in doing so.

Bias alert - I do this all the time, so cannot be considered unbiased on this :p

Re Mr Kwark I mean, I don’t think it’s super good mod behaviour. But on the flipside I don’t think the threads are big enough, active enough, nor moderation being particularly a contentious issue for that to matter much.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
October 06 2025 07:10 GMT
#6625
On October 05 2025 15:40 Magic Powers wrote:
It's a behavior that would lead to a ban for literally any other forum user, and completely rightfully so.


Well this, at least, is not true, so in that way there's consistency
No will to live, no wish to die
sebastiane
Profile Joined October 2025
1 Post
Last Edited: 2025-10-06 09:57:05
October 06 2025 09:56 GMT
#6626
Magic Powers
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria4478 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-10-07 21:04:53
October 07 2025 20:47 GMT
#6627
I'll post every comment by KwarK that A) breaks forum/thread rules since September 26 or B) is deliberately inflammatory (e.g. insult, personal attack, bad faith insinuation, and other antagonism). I could certainly go further back and find more.

Note that I left out every forgiveable fringe case. The totality of antagonistic instigation by KwarK is much more prevalent than this. These are just the most obvious instances that everybody should be able to agree are out of line.

I'll start with an example of a comment that I think is generally antagonistic, but not so out of line that I would feel like making a fuss about it.


https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5300#105989


So the above is an example of a fringe case like a few others that I chose to ignore. I find it antagonistic, but not wildly so. From me it gets a pass.
But the below comments are very different. These are examples of KwarK being out of line.


https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5273#105459

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5286#105709

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5286#105712

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5294#105862

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5295#105888

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5296#105908

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5300#105996


The sad part is that I think we can all agree KwarK is capable of writing very high quality comments. He just very often chooses to post inflammatory, deliberately antagonistic, insulting, as well as rule breaking comments so much that it far overshadows his quality comments.

I'll say it again. KwarK is not deserving of mod powers.

Edit: I also only looked through his US and Palestine comments. Would bet there's plenty more in the other threads.
If you want to do the right thing, 80% of your job is done if you don't do the wrong thing.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
October 07 2025 20:58 GMT
#6628
Do you have someone in your life you can talk to about this?
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-10-07 21:52:33
October 07 2025 21:50 GMT
#6629
On October 08 2025 05:47 Magic Powers wrote:
I'll post every comment by KwarK that A) breaks forum/thread rules since September 26 or B) is deliberately inflammatory (e.g. insult, personal attack, bad faith insinuation, and other antagonism). I could certainly go further back and find more.

Note that I left out every forgiveable fringe case. The totality of antagonistic instigation by KwarK is much more prevalent than this. These are just the most obvious instances that everybody should be able to agree are out of line.

I'll start with an example of a comment that I think is generally antagonistic, but not so out of line that I would feel like making a fuss about it.


https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5300#105989


So the above is an example of a fringe case like a few others that I chose to ignore. I find it antagonistic, but not wildly so. From me it gets a pass.
But the below comments are very different. These are examples of KwarK being out of line.


https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5273#105459

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5286#105709

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5286#105712

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5294#105862

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5295#105888

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5296#105908

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5300#105996


The sad part is that I think we can all agree KwarK is capable of writing very high quality comments. He just very often chooses to post inflammatory, deliberately antagonistic, insulting, as well as rule breaking comments so much that it far overshadows his quality comments.

I'll say it again. KwarK is not deserving of mod powers.

Edit: I also only looked through his US and Palestine comments. Would bet there's plenty more in the other threads.


Mostly what I get from these posts is the KwarK and GH have a long standing and fairly amusing relationship based on insults and genuinely despising each other's posts.

Call it a feature of the forum, rather than a bug.

Can you try doing like 2017 or something and dig out some of the funnier stuff next time?
RIP Meatloaf <3
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
October 07 2025 22:15 GMT
#6630
I think that if MP were to go to his guardian and attempt to explain his crusade to have me removed as moderator on a forum that I don't moderate then they would agree that he needs to spend less time here.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-10-07 22:58:51
October 07 2025 22:31 GMT
#6631
I think having a resident petulant bully is funny, but Kwark has gotten kinda pathetic in that role lately, mostly shitposting one liners and arguing with his imagination.

See him arguing with his imagination below also ↓

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 08 2025 07:41 KwarK wrote:
Eh, you’re just mad because when the Nazis took over you became an informant on your community whereas I became a freedom fighter and saved everyone. But it is what it is. Not everyone can be as noble as I’ve decided to imagine I will be. There will always be some who choose collaboration over virtue and I’ve decided to imagine you as one of those. Hopefully you can be inspired by me.

"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
October 07 2025 22:41 GMT
#6632
Eh, you’re just mad because when the Nazis took over you became an informant on your community whereas I became a freedom fighter and saved everyone. But it is what it is. Not everyone can be as noble as I’ve decided to imagine I will be. There will always be some who choose collaboration over virtue and I’ve decided to imagine you as one of those. Hopefully you can be inspired by me.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2463 Posts
October 07 2025 23:21 GMT
#6633
MP if you want to win your campaign against KwarK (which I think is highly unlikely) you need to be more patient. In this case he just responded in kind to someone who was making a non point just to be a dick to people he doesn't like/have wrong think in his opinion and KwarK was just responding in kind. Which as many people like or dislike depending on their side for the various issue. If you want to get him you are going to have to find a situation where the person he is being a dick too is not themselves being a dick.

Generally I do not understand why people think they should get to be a dick and that no one should be mean back, if you throw shots be sure to be able to take em.

Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
October 08 2025 00:00 GMT
#6634
On October 08 2025 08:21 Billyboy wrote:
In this case he just responded in kind to someone who was making a non point just to be a dick to people he doesn't like/have wrong think in his opinion and KwarK was just responding in kind.


I like Etisme I think he's funny
No will to live, no wish to die
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
October 08 2025 02:04 GMT
#6635
On October 08 2025 05:47 Magic Powers wrote:
I'll post every comment by KwarK that A) breaks forum/thread rules since September 26 or B) is deliberately inflammatory (e.g. insult, personal attack, bad faith insinuation, and other antagonism). I could certainly go further back and find more.

Note that I left out every forgiveable fringe case. The totality of antagonistic instigation by KwarK is much more prevalent than this. These are just the most obvious instances that everybody should be able to agree are out of line.

I'll start with an example of a comment that I think is generally antagonistic, but not so out of line that I would feel like making a fuss about it.


https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5300#105989


So the above is an example of a fringe case like a few others that I chose to ignore. I find it antagonistic, but not wildly so. From me it gets a pass.
But the below comments are very different. These are examples of KwarK being out of line.


https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5273#105459

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5286#105709

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5286#105712

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5294#105862

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5295#105888

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5296#105908

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5300#105996


The sad part is that I think we can all agree KwarK is capable of writing very high quality comments. He just very often chooses to post inflammatory, deliberately antagonistic, insulting, as well as rule breaking comments so much that it far overshadows his quality comments.

I'll say it again. KwarK is not deserving of mod powers.

Edit: I also only looked through his US and Palestine comments. Would bet there's plenty more in the other threads.


I really don't think it matters.

Everyone (for the most part) knows who Kwark is and knows he's a shit to pretty much anyone, if given the opportunity. I used to think he's on a pedestal because he's a mod, but that actually isn't the case as best I can tell. Other than something of a personal victory, would anything change if Kwark's modship was removed? I truly don't believe so.
Magic Powers
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria4478 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-10-08 07:15:47
October 08 2025 07:14 GMT
#6636
On October 08 2025 11:04 Fleetfeet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2025 05:47 Magic Powers wrote:
I'll post every comment by KwarK that A) breaks forum/thread rules since September 26 or B) is deliberately inflammatory (e.g. insult, personal attack, bad faith insinuation, and other antagonism). I could certainly go further back and find more.

Note that I left out every forgiveable fringe case. The totality of antagonistic instigation by KwarK is much more prevalent than this. These are just the most obvious instances that everybody should be able to agree are out of line.

I'll start with an example of a comment that I think is generally antagonistic, but not so out of line that I would feel like making a fuss about it.


https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5300#105989


So the above is an example of a fringe case like a few others that I chose to ignore. I find it antagonistic, but not wildly so. From me it gets a pass.
But the below comments are very different. These are examples of KwarK being out of line.


https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5273#105459

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5286#105709

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5286#105712

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5294#105862

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5295#105888

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5296#105908

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5300#105996


The sad part is that I think we can all agree KwarK is capable of writing very high quality comments. He just very often chooses to post inflammatory, deliberately antagonistic, insulting, as well as rule breaking comments so much that it far overshadows his quality comments.

I'll say it again. KwarK is not deserving of mod powers.

Edit: I also only looked through his US and Palestine comments. Would bet there's plenty more in the other threads.


I really don't think it matters.

Everyone (for the most part) knows who Kwark is and knows he's a shit to pretty much anyone, if given the opportunity. I used to think he's on a pedestal because he's a mod, but that actually isn't the case as best I can tell. Other than something of a personal victory, would anything change if Kwark's modship was removed? I truly don't believe so.


No, KwarK is not "a shit to everyone". He is to specific people, which is when he hates something about them, either for their political views (usually) or whatever he imagines their political views are. He also shits on people who call out the fact that he is a mod who'd be long banned if he wasn't a mod. This clearly gets to him, because he can't handle being called out.

Now he's apparently on the "look, someone needs to change MP's diapers" train. Doesn't bother me very much compared to what he used to say to/about me. Still not behavior a mod should ever be allowed to display, but if people can handle it, so can I.
That's not his worst behavior though by any means. His worst behavior is targeted bullying, as I explained numerous times before.

BJ called him out before, and surprise surprise BJ is now gone after calling the culture around here "a cesspool". I disagreed with BJ on that, but perhaps that's because my views are more in line with the people who are acting out lately. You know, BJ never struck me as thin-skinned, quite the opposite. Lets maybe let that sink in for a second. What could've happened lately that made BJ leave?
If you want to do the right thing, 80% of your job is done if you don't do the wrong thing.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
October 08 2025 09:36 GMT
#6637
On October 08 2025 16:14 Magic Powers wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2025 11:04 Fleetfeet wrote:
On October 08 2025 05:47 Magic Powers wrote:
I'll post every comment by KwarK that A) breaks forum/thread rules since September 26 or B) is deliberately inflammatory (e.g. insult, personal attack, bad faith insinuation, and other antagonism). I could certainly go further back and find more.

Note that I left out every forgiveable fringe case. The totality of antagonistic instigation by KwarK is much more prevalent than this. These are just the most obvious instances that everybody should be able to agree are out of line.

I'll start with an example of a comment that I think is generally antagonistic, but not so out of line that I would feel like making a fuss about it.


https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5300#105989


So the above is an example of a fringe case like a few others that I chose to ignore. I find it antagonistic, but not wildly so. From me it gets a pass.
But the below comments are very different. These are examples of KwarK being out of line.


https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5273#105459

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5286#105709

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5286#105712

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5294#105862

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5295#105888

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5296#105908

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5300#105996


The sad part is that I think we can all agree KwarK is capable of writing very high quality comments. He just very often chooses to post inflammatory, deliberately antagonistic, insulting, as well as rule breaking comments so much that it far overshadows his quality comments.

I'll say it again. KwarK is not deserving of mod powers.

Edit: I also only looked through his US and Palestine comments. Would bet there's plenty more in the other threads.


I really don't think it matters.

Everyone (for the most part) knows who Kwark is and knows he's a shit to pretty much anyone, if given the opportunity. I used to think he's on a pedestal because he's a mod, but that actually isn't the case as best I can tell. Other than something of a personal victory, would anything change if Kwark's modship was removed? I truly don't believe so.


No, KwarK is not "a shit to everyone". He is to specific people, which is when he hates something about them, either for their political views (usually) or whatever he imagines their political views are. He also shits on people who call out the fact that he is a mod who'd be long banned if he wasn't a mod. This clearly gets to him, because he can't handle being called out.

Now he's apparently on the "look, someone needs to change MP's diapers" train. Doesn't bother me very much compared to what he used to say to/about me. Still not behavior a mod should ever be allowed to display, but if people can handle it, so can I.
That's not his worst behavior though by any means. His worst behavior is targeted bullying, as I explained numerous times before.

BJ called him out before, and surprise surprise BJ is now gone after calling the culture around here "a cesspool". I disagreed with BJ on that, but perhaps that's because my views are more in line with the people who are acting out lately. You know, BJ never struck me as thin-skinned, quite the opposite. Let’s maybe let that sink in for a second. What could've happened lately that made BJ leave?

I’ve said on more than one occasion that this has come up that Kwark shouldn’t have the highest civilian honour that is being a mod on TL and he’s not bitched at me for doing so. Perhaps he pities me, cursed to walk the Earth in wombat form or something.


Not why Blackjack left, or at least went on hiatus if my memory serves. Although my memory isn’t faultless so I went and checked.
On September 11 2025 15:53 BlackJack wrote:
This place has become a cesspool. Watching people condone/rejoice at someone being murdered for their supposed wrongthink is a level of depravity I was hoping I wouldn't see here, although I'm not entirely surprised by it after Luigi. I don't even really blame the people posting it like MP or Kwark. I'm pretty sure MP has said he picked his username because he actually believed he had magic powers so I suspect he is neurodivergent which is why he often has very unique takes on things. And Kwark is perhaps a walking definition of chronically online so it's easy to see how he could become radicalized. But there's plenty of reasonable people here that I can list that are conspicuously quiet when their peers are condoning murder for people whose crimes they couldn't elaborate beyond flailing their arms in the air and screaming "Nazi!"

I mean it’s not bemoaning inter-user civility, it’s his usual complaints about the wider left. I mean personally it feels more that he gave up playing devil’s advocate on the new game+ playthrough as the game is just too hard. Even the best in the business struggle on that one, where you have to make people listen to you complain about drag queens reading to kids in San Francisco while Fascism starts to take hold.

I mean that aside, given Kwark doesn’t care about the prestigious position, nor actively mods pol threads. And in addition, some users have issues, or don’t care either way, with nobody to my knowledge especially advocating for him to remain in situ, it would seem entirely reasonable to change that based on those factors.

Perhaps give someone level-headed and not spiky some kinda remit to just mod the pol threads who’s frequently active in them? It feels sometimes just a presence to go ‘cool it down a bit lads and ladettes’ a bit more frequently than currently occurs might be beneficial.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Magic Powers
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria4478 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-10-08 10:32:27
October 08 2025 10:23 GMT
#6638
On October 08 2025 18:36 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2025 16:14 Magic Powers wrote:
On October 08 2025 11:04 Fleetfeet wrote:
On October 08 2025 05:47 Magic Powers wrote:
I'll post every comment by KwarK that A) breaks forum/thread rules since September 26 or B) is deliberately inflammatory (e.g. insult, personal attack, bad faith insinuation, and other antagonism). I could certainly go further back and find more.

Note that I left out every forgiveable fringe case. The totality of antagonistic instigation by KwarK is much more prevalent than this. These are just the most obvious instances that everybody should be able to agree are out of line.

I'll start with an example of a comment that I think is generally antagonistic, but not so out of line that I would feel like making a fuss about it.


https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5300#105989


So the above is an example of a fringe case like a few others that I chose to ignore. I find it antagonistic, but not wildly so. From me it gets a pass.
But the below comments are very different. These are examples of KwarK being out of line.


https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5273#105459

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5286#105709

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5286#105712

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5294#105862

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5295#105888

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5296#105908

https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=5300#105996


The sad part is that I think we can all agree KwarK is capable of writing very high quality comments. He just very often chooses to post inflammatory, deliberately antagonistic, insulting, as well as rule breaking comments so much that it far overshadows his quality comments.

I'll say it again. KwarK is not deserving of mod powers.

Edit: I also only looked through his US and Palestine comments. Would bet there's plenty more in the other threads.


I really don't think it matters.

Everyone (for the most part) knows who Kwark is and knows he's a shit to pretty much anyone, if given the opportunity. I used to think he's on a pedestal because he's a mod, but that actually isn't the case as best I can tell. Other than something of a personal victory, would anything change if Kwark's modship was removed? I truly don't believe so.


No, KwarK is not "a shit to everyone". He is to specific people, which is when he hates something about them, either for their political views (usually) or whatever he imagines their political views are. He also shits on people who call out the fact that he is a mod who'd be long banned if he wasn't a mod. This clearly gets to him, because he can't handle being called out.

Now he's apparently on the "look, someone needs to change MP's diapers" train. Doesn't bother me very much compared to what he used to say to/about me. Still not behavior a mod should ever be allowed to display, but if people can handle it, so can I.
That's not his worst behavior though by any means. His worst behavior is targeted bullying, as I explained numerous times before.

BJ called him out before, and surprise surprise BJ is now gone after calling the culture around here "a cesspool". I disagreed with BJ on that, but perhaps that's because my views are more in line with the people who are acting out lately. You know, BJ never struck me as thin-skinned, quite the opposite. Let’s maybe let that sink in for a second. What could've happened lately that made BJ leave?

I’ve said on more than one occasion that this has come up that Kwark shouldn’t have the highest civilian honour that is being a mod on TL and he’s not bitched at me for doing so. Perhaps he pities me, cursed to walk the Earth in wombat form or something.


Not why Blackjack left, or at least went on hiatus if my memory serves. Although my memory isn’t faultless so I went and checked.
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2025 15:53 BlackJack wrote:
This place has become a cesspool. Watching people condone/rejoice at someone being murdered for their supposed wrongthink is a level of depravity I was hoping I wouldn't see here, although I'm not entirely surprised by it after Luigi. I don't even really blame the people posting it like MP or Kwark. I'm pretty sure MP has said he picked his username because he actually believed he had magic powers so I suspect he is neurodivergent which is why he often has very unique takes on things. And Kwark is perhaps a walking definition of chronically online so it's easy to see how he could become radicalized. But there's plenty of reasonable people here that I can list that are conspicuously quiet when their peers are condoning murder for people whose crimes they couldn't elaborate beyond flailing their arms in the air and screaming "Nazi!"

I mean it’s not bemoaning inter-user civility, it’s his usual complaints about the wider left. I mean personally it feels more that he gave up playing devil’s advocate on the new game+ playthrough as the game is just too hard. Even the best in the business struggle on that one, where you have to make people listen to you complain about drag queens reading to kids in San Francisco while Fascism starts to take hold.

I mean that aside, given Kwark doesn’t care about the prestigious position, nor actively mods pol threads. And in addition, some users have issues, or don’t care either way, with nobody to my knowledge especially advocating for him to remain in situ, it would seem entirely reasonable to change that based on those factors.

Perhaps give someone level-headed and not spiky some kinda remit to just mod the pol threads who’s frequently active in them? It feels sometimes just a presence to go ‘cool it down a bit lads and ladettes’ a bit more frequently than currently occurs might be beneficial.


I've been comparing the level of antagonism by right and left in the US thread. Toxicity comes overwhelmingly from left-wingers. oBlade, Razyda, Introvert, etc. are all being relatively civil. I also have a very hard time finding a single comment from right-wingers that crosses a line. The clear trend is that left-wingers have become very hostile, very antagonistic, and very deliberately so. I've reported a number of comments, only one of which has led to a ban (unrelated to politics iirc), not one report has led to a warning, and I've been reporting more and more left-wingers and fewer and fewer right-wingers.

KwarK has been leading the charge in this, after a brief period where he was more civil. He's once again the most hostile of them all, and he's not even strictly left-wing. It's just straight up hard hostility against right-wingers as well as against GH. And now KwarK (exclusively him, nobody else) is once again directing his hostility towards me. I don't even know why unless it's for the sole reason that he can't take even the slightest criticism. Nebuchad didn't say anything wrong, KwarK misrepresented him and I sided with Nebuchad. Both me and Nebuchad were being civil, and KwarK immediately resorted to denial of all criticism, then personal attacks, etc. His usual shtick.

Other (mostly left-wing) forum users have been following in KwarK's footsteps. They've all been getting away with it, there are no bans being dished out. No warnings even.

I'm starting to see what BJ meant with the "cesspool".

I find it important to note that I'm saying all this despite having a left-wing bias myself. I'm more likely to spot out-of-line behavior from right-wingers than from left-wingers. And yet I find myself seeing left-wingers being out-of-line all the time and not even once a right-winger.
If you want to do the right thing, 80% of your job is done if you don't do the wrong thing.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
October 08 2025 12:45 GMT
#6639
At the risk of being glib, none of this is new. I don't see anything that's happening right now that hasn't happened for like ten years. It's all right.
No will to live, no wish to die
Magic Powers
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria4478 Posts
October 08 2025 12:47 GMT
#6640
On October 08 2025 21:45 Nebuchad wrote:
At the risk of being glib, none of this is new. I don't see anything that's happening right now that hasn't happened for like ten years. It's all right.


Frankly, you have a right to feel whichever way you want, but this isn't just about you. This is only the most recent example that motivated me to show people how aggressively antagonistic KwarK has become as of late.

The many excuses for his behavior are just proof that he gets away with it because people knowingly turn a blind eye.
If you want to do the right thing, 80% of your job is done if you don't do the wrong thing.
Prev 1 330 331 332 333 334 345 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason212
BRAT_OK 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14298
Mini 239
BeSt 221
Dewaltoss 156
Mind 88
Hyun 39
Bale 24
NaDa 20
ZZZero.O 2
Artosis 0
Dota 2
qojqva2801
420jenkins485
Counter-Strike
fl0m4240
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5591
Khaldor1422
Liquid`Hasu1104
MindelVK13
Other Games
summit1g3632
FrodaN1993
B2W.Neo814
byalli423
ToD130
QueenE69
Railgan49
Mew2King46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1186
BasetradeTV219
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
StarCraft 2
angryscii 35
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 36
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3863
Other Games
• imaqtpie685
• Shiphtur246
• WagamamaTV241
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h
Afreeca Starleague
15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h
Monday Night Weeklies
21h
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
7 days
BSL Open Qualifier
7 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.