• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:19
CEST 18:19
KST 01:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9912 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 154

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 383 Next
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-21 21:50:30
June 21 2012 21:43 GMT
#3061
On June 22 2012 06:15 Sinensis wrote:
I own a Ducky 9008 and it is the greatest keyboard in the world. If you are thinking about getting one, do it.

Only downside I can possibly think of is that the colorful extra WASD keys that come with it are actually lower quality than the keys that are already there. The keys are made of a special plastic that feels very durable and grips my fingertips very slightly. Not a matte finish, doesn't get greasy even when eating pizza.


Was thinking about getting one of those. It's with PBT keycaps. But i decided to get the Steelseries 6Gv2 Red Edition because i needed a cheaper choice since i didn't really want to spend the money a Ducky costs atm.

Since i decided to wait with buying a Ducky or Filco for that matter i decided to buy the 6Gv2 because i really couldn't stand typing on the Blackwidow Ultimate anymore. Although MX Blue sounds amazing it can seriously drive you crazy with the clickyness.

The 6Gv2 Red Edition was really an extremely positive surprise to me so i have no rush whatsoever to buy a Ducky or Filco yet. But that day will ofcourse come. ^^
TheKK
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada164 Posts
June 21 2012 23:39 GMT
#3062
On June 22 2012 06:43 Waterflow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2012 06:15 Sinensis wrote:
I own a Ducky 9008 and it is the greatest keyboard in the world. If you are thinking about getting one, do it.

Only downside I can possibly think of is that the colorful extra WASD keys that come with it are actually lower quality than the keys that are already there. The keys are made of a special plastic that feels very durable and grips my fingertips very slightly. Not a matte finish, doesn't get greasy even when eating pizza.


Was thinking about getting one of those. It's with PBT keycaps. But i decided to get the Steelseries 6Gv2 Red Edition because i needed a cheaper choice since i didn't really want to spend the money a Ducky costs atm.

Since i decided to wait with buying a Ducky or Filco for that matter i decided to buy the 6Gv2 because i really couldn't stand typing on the Blackwidow Ultimate anymore. Although MX Blue sounds amazing it can seriously drive you crazy with the clickyness.

The 6Gv2 Red Edition was really an extremely positive surprise to me so i have no rush whatsoever to buy a Ducky or Filco yet. But that day will ofcourse come. ^^

Seriously, I'm amazed by how much I like red switches for general use. I don't care about bottoming out when I'm just using it lightly or gaming, but it's nice to be able to touch type when desired.
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
June 22 2012 00:00 GMT
#3063
On June 22 2012 08:39 TheKK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2012 06:43 Waterflow wrote:
On June 22 2012 06:15 Sinensis wrote:
I own a Ducky 9008 and it is the greatest keyboard in the world. If you are thinking about getting one, do it.

Only downside I can possibly think of is that the colorful extra WASD keys that come with it are actually lower quality than the keys that are already there. The keys are made of a special plastic that feels very durable and grips my fingertips very slightly. Not a matte finish, doesn't get greasy even when eating pizza.


Was thinking about getting one of those. It's with PBT keycaps. But i decided to get the Steelseries 6Gv2 Red Edition because i needed a cheaper choice since i didn't really want to spend the money a Ducky costs atm.

Since i decided to wait with buying a Ducky or Filco for that matter i decided to buy the 6Gv2 because i really couldn't stand typing on the Blackwidow Ultimate anymore. Although MX Blue sounds amazing it can seriously drive you crazy with the clickyness.

The 6Gv2 Red Edition was really an extremely positive surprise to me so i have no rush whatsoever to buy a Ducky or Filco yet. But that day will ofcourse come. ^^

Seriously, I'm amazed by how much I like red switches for general use. I don't care about bottoming out when I'm just using it lightly or gaming, but it's nice to be able to touch type when desired.


Agree.

God damn im so happy to have a keyboard im fully satisfied with. The noise of the Blackwidow Ultimate made me crazy and the keycaps on that keyboard were terrible.

Maybe i'll get some new keycaps for that keyboard. ^^
Bruky
Profile Joined January 2011
Czech Republic161 Posts
June 22 2012 19:39 GMT
#3064
Does anyone know, what player Genius uses as his keyboard? It is shown here http://www.gomtv.net/2012gsls3/vod/70029 in 7:34
Foodmanchew
Profile Joined June 2012
United States6 Posts
June 22 2012 21:09 GMT
#3065
On June 23 2012 04:39 Bruky wrote:
Does anyone know, what player Genius uses as his keyboard? It is shown here http://www.gomtv.net/2012gsls3/vod/70029 in 7:34

It looks like it's just a Qsenn with a rubber silicone protective cover.
WarFest
Profile Joined April 2011
Singapore33 Posts
June 23 2012 13:50 GMT
#3066
Hi, I've got a steelseries 6gv2 (black keys), and I LOVE it!! But I thought the keys are a bit stiff for typing, so I'm planning to get a blue/brown/red switch keyboard. Anyone have suggestions? I've thought of Das pro, but tl community is so smart, so I wanna hear other people's opinions first
<3 HuK Forever!!!
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
June 23 2012 13:58 GMT
#3067
On June 23 2012 22:50 WarFest wrote:
Hi, I've got a steelseries 6gv2 (black keys), and I LOVE it!! But I thought the keys are a bit stiff for typing, so I'm planning to get a blue/brown/red switch keyboard. Anyone have suggestions? I've thought of Das pro, but tl community is so smart, so I wanna hear other people's opinions first


Das Keyboard is definitely a good choice. If you can afford it, get it
WarFest
Profile Joined April 2011
Singapore33 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-23 14:52:20
June 23 2012 14:51 GMT
#3068
On June 23 2012 22:58 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2012 22:50 WarFest wrote:
Hi, I've got a steelseries 6gv2 (black keys), and I LOVE it!! But I thought the keys are a bit stiff for typing, so I'm planning to get a blue/brown/red switch keyboard. Anyone have suggestions? I've thought of Das pro, but tl community is so smart, so I wanna hear other people's opinions first


Das Keyboard is definitely a good choice. If you can afford it, get it


Oh cool. Cuz I want good build quality more than any flashy lights or wdv. Does anyone that's used a Das before have a quick review or smth? Thanks!!
<3 HuK Forever!!!
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
June 23 2012 15:35 GMT
#3069
On June 23 2012 23:51 WarFest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2012 22:58 exousia_7 wrote:
On June 23 2012 22:50 WarFest wrote:
Hi, I've got a steelseries 6gv2 (black keys), and I LOVE it!! But I thought the keys are a bit stiff for typing, so I'm planning to get a blue/brown/red switch keyboard. Anyone have suggestions? I've thought of Das pro, but tl community is so smart, so I wanna hear other people's opinions first


Das Keyboard is definitely a good choice. If you can afford it, get it


Oh cool. Cuz I want good build quality more than any flashy lights or wdv. Does anyone that's used a Das before have a quick review or smth? Thanks!!


Check the OP.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
optical630
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom768 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-23 16:11:38
June 23 2012 15:47 GMT
#3070
On June 23 2012 22:50 WarFest wrote:
Hi, I've got a steelseries 6gv2 (black keys), and I LOVE it!! But I thought the keys are a bit stiff for typing, so I'm planning to get a blue/brown/red switch keyboard. Anyone have suggestions? I've thought of Das pro, but tl community is so smart, so I wanna hear other people's opinions first


10/10 keyboard. no complaints at all. i got the silent one with brown switches and it feels so, so good (browns are easier to press, and dont have the click noise that blue has)

no bullshit, no "gaming" brand. just a straight up high build quality (German, i might add xd) mechanical keyboard thats definitly worth the extra price.
Thehummel
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark122 Posts
June 23 2012 16:44 GMT
#3071
Do anyone in the nordric region ( Preferable Denmark ) Have any experince with buying Mechanical Keyboards from any of the online shops? I'm looking for a different kind of brand other than steelseries and Razer if possible?
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
June 23 2012 16:49 GMT
#3072
Das Keyboard isn't German, is it? That's not even how you say keyboard in German.

Definitely a good keyboard, up there with filco for build quality, but not German I think.
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
June 23 2012 17:20 GMT
#3073
On June 24 2012 01:49 phar wrote:
Das Keyboard isn't German, is it? That's not even how you say keyboard in German.

Definitely a good keyboard, up there with filco for build quality, but not German I think.


Cherry is a german company.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
MintBerryC
Profile Joined February 2011
United States12 Posts
June 23 2012 17:54 GMT
#3074
I've bought three mechanical keyboards in the last few years. One is a Unicomp keyboard with buckling spring switches, one a BlackWidow Ultimate with blue switches, and one a Filco 88 key with brown switches. Here are my thoughts on them:

Unicomp with bulckling springs
This keyboard has a really solid quality feel. The switches are quite heavy with a very distinct actuation point. I really like this keyboard for gaming, but I think the keys are a little too heavy for typing.

Blackwidow Ultimate with blue switches:
This keyboard does not have the same solid quality feel as the Filco or the Unicomp. One of the extendable feet on the back is a little larger than the other, so I have to put a piece of paper under it for the keyboard to stay level. When I first got it, one of the LEDs would flicker a bit and it died within a month. After about six months several LEDs were dead and I stopped using them. The keycaps are glossy which does not feel as nice as the Filco keys, but they are OK.

Those issues aside, I really like this keyboard, the blue switches are great for typing and I personally like them for gaming as well (at least for SC). The switches are light with a distinct feel when they actuate. For the price ($80) this keyboard is nice, and the blue switches are probably my favorite.

Filco 88-key with brown switches (from thekeyboardcompany):
This keyboard has really solid quality feel and the smaller form factor is great since it allows the mouse to be much closer to my hands. The switches are great for typing (equal to blues imo) but not quite as good for gaming as the actuation point has a much softer feel. I bought this keyboard for work where I can't have clicky switches, and it is all that I wanted.

I will definitely buy a Filco 88-key with blue switches replace the Blackwidow keyboard at some point in the future.
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
June 23 2012 18:05 GMT
#3075
On June 24 2012 02:20 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 01:49 phar wrote:
Das Keyboard isn't German, is it? That's not even how you say keyboard in German.

Definitely a good keyboard, up there with filco for build quality, but not German I think.


Cherry is a german company.

Yes, but Das is not, correct? Cherry isn't responsible for the build quality of Das keyboards.
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
June 23 2012 18:29 GMT
#3076
I am pretty sure, for the first keyboard from "Das Keyboard", they ordered the keyboard completely manufactured by Cherry. It looked exactly like a Cherry G80-3000. I assume you can order keyboards with custom key-caps and logo and other details (n-key rollover and LEDs) from Cherry, if you order thousands. I do not know what they do nowadays, who manufactures their current keyboard and who designed it.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
June 23 2012 19:07 GMT
#3077
On June 24 2012 03:05 phar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 02:20 slytown wrote:
On June 24 2012 01:49 phar wrote:
Das Keyboard isn't German, is it? That's not even how you say keyboard in German.

Definitely a good keyboard, up there with filco for build quality, but not German I think.


Cherry is a german company.

Yes, but Das is not, correct? Cherry isn't responsible for the build quality of Das keyboards.


Of course not. The founder's wife is German and that's why the keyboards are called Das Keyboard. At least that's what I read somewhere.
Mackem
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom470 Posts
June 23 2012 21:47 GMT
#3078
Anyone use MX Browns for typing/gaming? Had blues but were a little too loud so sold it and getting a Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/ Browns to replace it. I've never tried anything other than blues and I loved my blues but they were still too loud with the o-rings installed. Anyone here went from blues to browns before and did you like it or regret it?
Do you need a pole? I ask because your logical leaps are becoming logical vaults and your mental gymnastics are Olympic standard.
Foodmanchew
Profile Joined June 2012
United States6 Posts
June 23 2012 22:30 GMT
#3079
On June 24 2012 06:47 Mackem wrote:
Anyone use MX Browns for typing/gaming? Had blues but were a little too loud so sold it and getting a Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/ Browns to replace it. I've never tried anything other than blues and I loved my blues but they were still too loud with the o-rings installed. Anyone here went from blues to browns before and did you like it or regret it?


I have typed on them both and I think they're both great for gaming and typing. You can definitely feel the 5 gram difference in actuation pressure between the two. I personally prefer blues, but sometimes at night, I do wish I also had browns for sound reasons. I would say you fatigue a little less quickly on them than the blues too. The Filco Majestouch 2 is a great choice by the way!
Mackem
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom470 Posts
June 23 2012 22:43 GMT
#3080
On June 24 2012 07:30 Foodmanchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 06:47 Mackem wrote:
Anyone use MX Browns for typing/gaming? Had blues but were a little too loud so sold it and getting a Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/ Browns to replace it. I've never tried anything other than blues and I loved my blues but they were still too loud with the o-rings installed. Anyone here went from blues to browns before and did you like it or regret it?


I have typed on them both and I think they're both great for gaming and typing. You can definitely feel the 5 gram difference in actuation pressure between the two. I personally prefer blues, but sometimes at night, I do wish I also had browns for sound reasons. I would say you fatigue a little less quickly on them than the blues too. The Filco Majestouch 2 is a great choice by the way!


Thanks. My MX Blues keyboard was a full size Majestouch-1 so I thought I'd get a tenkeyless Majestouch-2 with Browns this time. Can't wait until it gets here (Should be Monday). Got a load of keys from Geekhack group buys to put on it
Do you need a pole? I ask because your logical leaps are becoming logical vaults and your mental gymnastics are Olympic standard.
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech156
UpATreeSC 92
BRAT_OK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4769
Bisu 1819
Soulkey 1461
EffOrt 856
Mini 609
Horang2 378
Larva 372
ZerO 334
actioN 243
ggaemo 208
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 131
Mind 97
Shinee 83
Sharp 69
hero 67
Sea.KH 65
sorry 63
Barracks 56
Snow 53
Hyun 41
Bale 30
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 24
Terrorterran 19
NaDa 18
Rock 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 12
Noble 11
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5513
qojqva2660
Dendi1268
420jenkins297
XaKoH 42
League of Legends
Reynor66
Counter-Strike
fl0m3563
x6flipin845
Fnx 689
edward43
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes370
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1329
hiko981
FrodaN389
B2W.Neo331
XBOCT232
Liquid`VortiX197
Livibee164
QueenE110
TKL 74
Mew2King44
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV141
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 46
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV606
League of Legends
• Nemesis3886
• TFBlade732
Other Games
• Shiphtur457
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 41m
Patches Events
23h 41m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.