• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9337 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 152

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 383 Next
TheKK
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-17 18:02:52
June 16 2012 22:38 GMT
#3021
On June 17 2012 00:51 da_head wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2012 00:40 Azuroz wrote:
Finally got my Filco ninja tenkeyless with brown switches yesterday, really liking it so far, you can really feel the high quality right out of the box. would really recommend it even though it is quite expensive.

im getting the red cherry ten keyless one, cant fucking wait.

also, to all the others in this thread. dont buy steelseries or razer, they're shit. get filco, ducky. TT, coolmaster, or das (to name a few).

I feel you. I just ordered the exact same keyboard (did you get it from NCIX? They recently just got them in stock), and I can't efffing WAIT! Ever since I got myself a mech keyboard for my job I just cannot stand typing on my G15 at home.

I have a Ducky 1008L brown switch at work and although the touch response can be nice for typing I don't find it to be necessary, I think I will be very happy using red switches at home.
Maitolasi
Profile Joined December 2010
Finland441 Posts
June 17 2012 14:12 GMT
#3022
I've been looking at buying a Qpad MK-50 since it is one of the cheapest mechanical keyboards that I could find in finnish stores. Other cheap ones like Blackwidow and steelseries 6gv2 have features I don't like such as no Windows key on the steelseries or macro buttons that are annoyingly placed.
Are there any negative sides to Qpad MK-50? I'm probably getting one with Red switches by the way.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
June 17 2012 14:24 GMT
#3023
Has anyone here used ALPS keyboards before? How does it feel compared to a Cherry MX keyboard?
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-17 14:55:03
June 17 2012 14:54 GMT
#3024
On June 17 2012 05:46 Mowr wrote:
So I would like to remove the letters on my Zowie keyboard if it is possible. It looks like they are just painted on the keys. I have tried heptan and acetone but they do not seem to work on that paint. Anyone have any ideas for other solvents that might work?


When in doubt, check geekhack. Ask Waar or Ripster if you have any problems.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
June 17 2012 17:16 GMT
#3025
On June 17 2012 23:54 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2012 05:46 Mowr wrote:
So I would like to remove the letters on my Zowie keyboard if it is possible. It looks like they are just painted on the keys. I have tried heptan and acetone but they do not seem to work on that paint. Anyone have any ideas for other solvents that might work?


When in doubt, check geekhack. Ask Waar or Ripster if you have any problems.


Fire. Burn it with fire.

Alternatively there are a few more cleaning materials and solvents you could use, but you first need to check what material your caps are made of
Administrator
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
June 17 2012 17:21 GMT
#3026
I'd personally try a dremel with a fine grit sanding head and a very light touch if chemicals don't work. Or, barring that, maybe just order a set of blank keycaps?
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
June 17 2012 23:40 GMT
#3027
On June 18 2012 02:21 JingleHell wrote:
I'd personally try a dremel with a fine grit sanding head and a very light touch if chemicals don't work. Or, barring that, maybe just order a set of blank keycaps?


Hmm, I would have to be pretty desperate to resort to mechanical removal. That will almost certainly change the feel of the caps, increasing or decreasing the friction. If the situation really calls for all that I'd just go with getting new caps indeed
Administrator
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 18 2012 02:05 GMT
#3028
Just got my rosewill mech keyboard with cherry mx blues. so satisfying to type on :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
June 18 2012 02:13 GMT
#3029
On June 18 2012 08:40 bblack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2012 02:21 JingleHell wrote:
I'd personally try a dremel with a fine grit sanding head and a very light touch if chemicals don't work. Or, barring that, maybe just order a set of blank keycaps?


Hmm, I would have to be pretty desperate to resort to mechanical removal. That will almost certainly change the feel of the caps, increasing or decreasing the friction. If the situation really calls for all that I'd just go with getting new caps indeed


Well, I was just saying it was an option if chemicals fail you. Also, if you do it right, while it will change the feel, it wouldn't have to be for the worse. Fine enough grit, with a light enough touch, can avoid creating texture. It might remove the existing texture though.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
June 18 2012 22:10 GMT
#3030
LGIMMvp just said in his stream that he uses Steelseries Keyboard. And also a Sensei RAW mouse.
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
June 19 2012 11:17 GMT
#3031
I'm interested in getting a Cherry MX Blue Ducky DK9008S Shine with Blue LEDs, I'd just like to know where it would be the cheapest place to get it and if there are any issues with it?
Halo_3000
Profile Joined April 2012
Australia23 Posts
June 19 2012 11:34 GMT
#3032
What keyboard is MKP using now
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
June 19 2012 12:10 GMT
#3033
On June 19 2012 20:34 Halo_3000 wrote:
What keyboard is MKP using now

Samsung QSEN DT-35 as far as I know. Not mechanical.
TheKK
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada164 Posts
June 19 2012 12:56 GMT
#3034
On June 19 2012 20:17 AceLight wrote:
I'm interested in getting a Cherry MX Blue Ducky DK9008S Shine with Blue LEDs, I'd just like to know where it would be the cheapest place to get it and if there are any issues with it?

PCHome has some Ducky Shines, you're gonna have to navigate through it in Chinese though, Google translate will help you with switches (green means blue and tea means brown I think). Here's a guide that will help you navigate through it http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?12854-PChome-(Taiwan)-20-Worldwide-Shipping-Promo. It can be cheaper than other places depending on what you get, I'm not sure what applies for the cheap shipping, which was pretty fast too.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
June 19 2012 14:58 GMT
#3035
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/ sells all sorts of mechanical keyboards there. Not sure about their credibility since it just established recently
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
June 19 2012 15:32 GMT
#3036
On June 19 2012 21:56 TheKK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2012 20:17 AceLight wrote:
I'm interested in getting a Cherry MX Blue Ducky DK9008S Shine with Blue LEDs, I'd just like to know where it would be the cheapest place to get it and if there are any issues with it?

PCHome has some Ducky Shines, you're gonna have to navigate through it in Chinese though, Google translate will help you with switches (green means blue and tea means brown I think). Here's a guide that will help you navigate through it http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?12854-PChome-(Taiwan)-20-Worldwide-Shipping-Promo. It can be cheaper than other places depending on what you get, I'm not sure what applies for the cheap shipping, which was pretty fast too.

I'm Chinese
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
June 19 2012 15:35 GMT
#3037
You can replace the keycaps on a ducky shine right?
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
June 19 2012 17:08 GMT
#3038
Does anyone know where to get white keycaps for the 6Gv2? I really want to make my baby a checkered one. I live in Norway, so European suppliers would be the best! <3
The Bomber boy
TheKK
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada164 Posts
June 20 2012 00:15 GMT
#3039
On June 20 2012 00:35 AceLight wrote:
You can replace the keycaps on a ducky shine right?

Yes you can, however if you still want to backlight then you will need clear caps or some that have a little window for the light to get through.

On another note, I received my Filco TKL Red switches today I FRIGGIN love it. It feels much more solid than my Ducky 1008L (as one would expect), the lack of the touch response is great for just general use and gaming IMO (I use brown switches for my data entry job), I like the smoothness of it rather than the slight sandyness of the brown switch, and the keys are not at all as stiff as the SteelSeries 6gv2 that my friend has (which I found too stiff compared to my ducky), the keys feel just as light as brown switches. Very happy that I can now come back home to a mech keyboard instead of a G15.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
June 20 2012 01:57 GMT
#3040
On June 20 2012 09:15 TheKK wrote:

On another note, I received my Filco TKL Red switches today I FRIGGIN love it. It feels much more solid than my Ducky 1008L (as one would expect), the lack of the touch response is great for just general use and gaming IMO (I use brown switches for my data entry job), I like the smoothness of it rather than the slight sandyness of the brown switch, and the keys are not at all as stiff as the SteelSeries 6gv2 that my friend has (which I found too stiff compared to my ducky), the keys feel just as light as brown switches. Very happy that I can now come back home to a mech keyboard instead of a G15.


How do you like your Ducky 1008L? I personally don't like it because of the key layout...I really don't like the big L enter key and the reduced right shift + \ next to the question mark.
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5184
Bisu 2790
Soulkey 1612
Jaedong 701
EffOrt 564
Mini 536
Horang2 412
Larva 365
actioN 272
ZerO 263
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 239
sorry 98
Dewaltoss 97
Mind 94
Sea.KH 77
Sharp 75
Shinee 71
hero 69
Snow 61
Pusan 58
Barracks 57
Hyun 43
Bale 31
ToSsGirL 25
Trap 22
Terrorterran 18
Rock 17
scan(afreeca) 16
NaDa 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5555
qojqva2595
Dendi1250
420jenkins213
League of Legends
Reynor0
Counter-Strike
fl0m2134
Fnx 720
x6flipin523
edward2
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi944
hiko939
B2W.Neo474
crisheroes295
DeMusliM251
XBOCT237
Liquid`VortiX201
Livibee193
QueenE94
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 76
• mYiSmile137
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV652
League of Legends
• Nemesis3272
• TFBlade546
• Noizen106
Other Games
• Shiphtur381
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 30m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.