• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:00
CEST 06:00
KST 13:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9736 users

Pump units out faster as Z

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Jmodo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States10 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 07:12:46
December 04 2010 05:56 GMT
#1
So the new patch sucks yadda yadda, I've found a way to make it so you can click units out twice as fast. Along with the hotkey hold fix, a hotkey customizer was added. With this customizer you can change hotkeys to whatever you want and has an option to add alternate keys for certain units. So you can attach, let's say.. Zergling to Z and X. So instead of just spamming Z twenty times the whole time you can spam Z and X at the same time and get it out twice as quick (assuming you click as fast with both fingers). ^_^ Btw this is for PTR


On December 04 2010 16:08 Smurfz wrote:
I don't know if anyones posted this yet, but you can also old-school click the zergling button while pressing Z and X, so 3x faster than spamming Z.
Thanks Smurfz.
tok
Profile Joined April 2010
United States691 Posts
December 04 2010 05:57 GMT
#2
I just hold down Z like a pro ya dig?
Jmodo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States10 Posts
December 04 2010 05:58 GMT
#3
oh sorry this is on the PTR. (just preparing for the possible future)
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
December 04 2010 06:00 GMT
#4
cool idea, it's actually a little faster this way. it's not twice as fast in my tests though
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
nikj
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada669 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 06:01:30
December 04 2010 06:01 GMT
#5
On December 04 2010 14:57 tok wrote:
I just hold down Z like a pro ya dig?


Didn't read the patch notes eh?

Y'know sometimes people ask me y'know like "What's your religion and stuff?" And I'm like "y' know it's like RTS." Uh, and they're like, "What's that?" And I'm like, "Y'know it's kinda like, kinda like Buddism."
ferristic
Profile Joined May 2010
United States13 Posts
December 04 2010 06:02 GMT
#6
awesome, gotta tell my zerg friend about this. he was complaining earlier, told him it would be okay :D
Frunkis
Profile Joined August 2010
United States146 Posts
December 04 2010 06:03 GMT
#7
On December 04 2010 14:57 tok wrote:
I just hold down Z like a pro ya dig?


That's a bug exploit!
Stiver
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada285 Posts
December 04 2010 06:07 GMT
#8
I feel like I'm the only one in the world that assumed you couldn't just hold down a prodution unit up till now. I've been clicking the entire time since I switched to Zerg in August ><.

In fact it's probably why I lose a lot of ZvZs, and suddenly everyone is crying about it? Not that big of a deal, I've been doing it for months and am still decent;y ranked diamond. Seems like outrageous effort to just bind two keys to one unit.

Just my thought.
"The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch someone else do it wrong without comment."
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
December 04 2010 06:10 GMT
#9
that logic is flawed stiver, and ive seen many people use it. it's like saying, if after force field was removed from the game, "i didnt know force field existed. up until now i never bothered making sentries and ive been playing for months at diamond." obviously this is exaggerated but the point still stands that your reasoning doesnt make sense
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
December 04 2010 06:11 GMT
#10
On December 04 2010 15:02 ferristic wrote:
awesome, gotta tell my zerg friend about this. he was complaining earlier, told him it would be okay :D


(sorry if this is a complete derail)

I'm not so sure I understand the zerg complaints about this. I understand that yes, it's more difficult but Z players in BW never complained about having to press 1sz 2sz 3sz etc. Seems to me that a system of 1szzzzzz still seems pretty simple and easy comparatively.

I also think there is a considerable though subtle balance issue here as well, remember that for P players to warp in units it would be 1S[click][click][click][click][click]Z[click][click][click][click]. For terran it's even more complicated, having to switch between production buildings and between buildings of the same type with different ad-ons. With the button holding system it seems to me that this gives an unfair advantage to zerg, especially as the game goes into the late game. What do you guys think about that?

Also to the OP: Good find, lol perhaps we can call it "jmodo-ing"?
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Jmodo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States10 Posts
December 04 2010 06:16 GMT
#11
On December 04 2010 15:07 Stiver wrote:
I feel like I'm the only one in the world that assumed you couldn't just hold down a prodution unit up till now. I've been clicking the entire time since I switched to Zerg in August ><.

In fact it's probably why I lose a lot of ZvZs, and suddenly everyone is crying about it? Not that big of a deal, I've been doing it for months and am still decent;y ranked diamond. Seems like outrageous effort to just bind two keys to one unit.

Just my thought.



I know it seems like you rarely get in situations where you have to quickly pump out 20-40 larvae or so worth of units, but it does happen. 1.13 you would have no trouble, it would take you maybe 2 seconds at most to queue up. 1.2 makes it sooo much harder, try pressing a button (or a string of buttons) 30 times. Just try it. It's a pain in the derriere. The method just eases it a bit, I don't see why high level players would not do this. Those precious seconds are important man, even early game.
Jmodo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States10 Posts
December 04 2010 06:17 GMT
#12
On December 04 2010 15:11 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 15:02 ferristic wrote:
awesome, gotta tell my zerg friend about this. he was complaining earlier, told him it would be okay :D


Also to the OP: Good find, lol perhaps we can call it "jmodo-ing"?


Haha that would make my life xD
Stiver
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada285 Posts
December 04 2010 06:27 GMT
#13
Okay, Jmodo you're explaining to me to try and hit a unit button 30 times, right after I finished telling you that's how I've been playing the game for 5 months.

@Zelniq, sure if Forcefields were a bug and never intended to give you an advantage in the first place I'd sympathize with losing it. Maybe I'm bitter because I haven't been using this bug, but it's fixed now so no point in crying over it.

I mean no other race can do it too right?
"The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch someone else do it wrong without comment."
AssuredVacancy
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1167 Posts
December 04 2010 06:31 GMT
#14
On December 04 2010 15:11 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 15:02 ferristic wrote:
awesome, gotta tell my zerg friend about this. he was complaining earlier, told him it would be okay :D


(sorry if this is a complete derail)

I'm not so sure I understand the zerg complaints about this. I understand that yes, it's more difficult but Z players in BW never complained about having to press 1sz 2sz 3sz etc. Seems to me that a system of 1szzzzzz still seems pretty simple and easy comparatively.

I also think there is a considerable though subtle balance issue here as well, remember that for P players to warp in units it would be 1S[click][click][click][click][click]Z[click][click][click][click]. For terran it's even more complicated, having to switch between production buildings and between buildings of the same type with different ad-ons. With the button holding system it seems to me that this gives an unfair advantage to zerg, especially as the game goes into the late game. What do you guys think about that?

Also to the OP: Good find, lol perhaps we can call it "jmodo-ing"?


In broodwar 1 click makes all the selected larva that unit, so to make 40 pairs of lings you just need to press sz 4 times.

You can't compare it to protoss because protoss is never put in a situation where he has to make 40+ units in one round of production, where as for zerg i can imagine a lot of late game situations where the zerg trades his army with the terran, and he's remaxing with 40-50 pairs of lings + ultras. I just don't see why blizzard felt that it should be removed.
We spend our youth attaining wealth, and our wealth attaining youth.
B-Wong
Profile Joined October 2010
United States240 Posts
December 04 2010 06:34 GMT
#15
On December 04 2010 15:11 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 15:02 ferristic wrote:
awesome, gotta tell my zerg friend about this. he was complaining earlier, told him it would be okay :D


(sorry if this is a complete derail)

I'm not so sure I understand the zerg complaints about this. I understand that yes, it's more difficult but Z players in BW never complained about having to press 1sz 2sz 3sz etc. Seems to me that a system of 1szzzzzz still seems pretty simple and easy comparatively.

I also think there is a considerable though subtle balance issue here as well, remember that for P players to warp in units it would be 1S[click][click][click][click][click]Z[click][click][click][click]. For terran it's even more complicated, having to switch between production buildings and between buildings of the same type with different ad-ons. With the button holding system it seems to me that this gives an unfair advantage to zerg, especially as the game goes into the late game. What do you guys think about that?

Also to the OP: Good find, lol perhaps we can call it "jmodo-ing"?


In BW, all the larvae turned into whatever you pressed at the press of one button. I.E. 3 idle larvae, 1sd, 3 drones made. It's a fast macro system but I guess 1sddddddddddd(or whatever hotkey you have) shouldn't be too much of a problem if you've played zerg regularly. I find myself doing this a lot before the mechanic change but in terms of replenishing an army, it's just not as fast which makes me cry. say you came out of a huge battle with pretty heavy losses but so did the other opponent. Luckily you have 3 bases with leftover larvae because you were 200/200. Before: 1st(hold). Now: 1stttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt (individual presses). The speed is a bit worrying but adaptation is good, I guess.
Ichabod
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1659 Posts
December 04 2010 06:35 GMT
#16
On December 04 2010 15:27 Stiver wrote:
I mean no other race can do it too right?


Both other races can queue up units in order by just selecting multiple buildings at a time and holding down the appropriate hotkey. Since zerg is (generally, due to creep spreading) more mechanically intense overall, this change doesn't make too much sense without changing anything to make the other races more difficult. (I play P btw)
Jmodo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States10 Posts
December 04 2010 06:37 GMT
#17
On December 04 2010 15:27 Stiver wrote:
Okay, Jmodo you're explaining to me to try and hit a unit button 30 times, right after I finished telling you that's how I've been playing the game for 5 months.

@Zelniq, sure if Forcefields were a bug and never intended to give you an advantage in the first place I'd sympathize with losing it. Maybe I'm bitter because I haven't been using this bug, but it's fixed now so no point in crying over it.

I mean no other race can do it too right?


Re-read your comment and then mine. I was explaining why this technique isn't ridiculous. Those few seconds matter-- it's like you said why you have been losing ZvZ's. So yes, it's a bit of effort to get it set up, but in the long run you are going to be much faster.
Stiver
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada285 Posts
December 04 2010 06:40 GMT
#18
Yeah but other races have one unit coming from one building (excluding reactors) where each hatchery has 7+ coming out of it it seems like a touch to powerful to hold one button to make that 50 units.

It's very likely why I've been losing the production race in ZvZ. I feel like a bunch of Zergs ratings are going to drop, and mine is going to go up =D.

Yeah this'll definitely affect a lot of good players, and I'm interested if there is a way to build faster is developed. It seems like two keys is still excessive for each unit.
"The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch someone else do it wrong without comment."
charlie420247
Profile Joined November 2009
United States692 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 06:52:48
December 04 2010 06:47 GMT
#19
On December 04 2010 15:27 Stiver wrote:
Okay, Jmodo you're explaining to me to try and hit a unit button 30 times, right after I finished telling you that's how I've been playing the game for 5 months.

@Zelniq, sure if Forcefields were a bug and never intended to give you an advantage in the first place I'd sympathize with losing it. Maybe I'm bitter because I haven't been using this bug, but it's fixed now so no point in crying over it.

I mean no other race can do it too right?


being able to hold down z for mass zerglings is not a fucking bug. i dont know why blizzard says that it is/was. its not like some glitch that you can exploit.

also holding down A to make a ton of marines is just terrible terrible macro for a terran. queing up units is very bad for toss and terran. with t and p you wanna start production on a unit right when the last one finishes. well guess what, with zerg you cant cue up units. they come in bursts. and for god sakes when those larva pop you want your units to start building right away. you DONT want to hit z 60 times just to make some freakin lings.

maybe if zerg units were as strong and cost effective as terran or toss units this would make sense. (there not)

in other words your argument is broken you obviously dont think befor you talk take a break from the forums and read a book it might expand your intellect.

also i think its fucking rediculous that zerg players are already trying to exploit bugs in the game so that they can macro like they did befor the "bug" was fixed.

User was temp banned for this post.
there are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Stiver
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada285 Posts
December 04 2010 06:50 GMT
#20

in other words your argument is broken you obviously dont think befor you talk take a break from the forums and read a book it might expand your intellect.


You always so angry?
"The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch someone else do it wrong without comment."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings50
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 193
PiLiPiLi 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3832
ViBE136
Bale 33
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
Other Games
summit1g8524
JimRising 609
WinterStarcraft475
C9.Mang0266
Sick101
febbydoto4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1099
BasetradeTV150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP116
• practicex 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1100
• Shiphtur336
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h
AI Arena Tournament
13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.