• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:54
CEST 06:54
KST 13:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War415.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9835 users

Pump units out faster as Z - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
majestouch
Profile Joined December 2010
United States395 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 19:47:23
December 04 2010 19:45 GMT
#101
On December 04 2010 15:50 Stiver wrote:
Show nested quote +

in other words your argument is broken you obviously dont think befor you talk take a break from the forums and read a book it might expand your intellect.


You always so angry?

what i find funny is the person who is correct but is too passionate in their post gets banned but the person with ill-flawed logic arguing against a pro(zelniq) doesn't get banned.. kinda funny. stiver go google logical fallacy, you created one. Go press Z 60 times to make 120 lings and tell me how that goes .

oh and back on topic: definitely like this method - hopefully it own't have to come to this tho. I suppose the only units need to do this for would be roaches (r and edit it to be e) and lings (z/x like u said).
Nerski
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1095 Posts
December 04 2010 19:47 GMT
#102
If you have a keyboard with programmable keys like a G15 etc. I'd assume you could create aprogrammed key that will tap like 5 times extremly quickly for Z, T, R w/e if you wanted to mass build one unit.

I forsee something like this being advantageous in ZvZ if only slight for people who can have programmed buttons on their keyboard.
Twitter: @GoForNerski /// Youtube: Youtube.com/nerskisc
kidcrash89
Profile Joined August 2010
198 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 20:04:26
December 04 2010 20:04 GMT
#103
Interesting idea, but can't you just use two fingers on the same key? That is if your fingers are dainty enough
strength
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States493 Posts
December 04 2010 20:07 GMT
#104
My question is that why can toss hold down their hotkey unit and just click? Its basically spamming units like what zerg did.
Ichabod
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1659 Posts
December 04 2010 20:09 GMT
#105
On December 05 2010 05:07 strength wrote:
My question is that why can toss hold down their hotkey unit and just click? Its basically spamming units like what zerg did.

Toss cannot just hold down Z and click, they need to be holding down Shift+Z (queuing up the spawning of zealots essentially).
Jmodo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States10 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 20:16:08
December 04 2010 20:13 GMT
#106
So I've played a few ladder games and I'd like to say what unit hotkeys I have specifically changed that have helped.
Drone - S and D- this is actually pretty cool because S selects all your larvae so is pretty quick spamming.
Zergling - C and X
Morph to baneling ability - E and R
Roach is R and E
Mutalisk is T and Y
Hydralisk - H and G
Infested Terran ability - E and W

I didn't change many other units because you rarely ever get in situations where you will need to quickly pop 6 or more ultralisks, corruptors(maybe), and infestors.

If I'm ever in a crazy end game situation I start clicking the units with my mouse along with spamming, too.
naked
Profile Joined November 2010
United States39 Posts
December 04 2010 20:22 GMT
#107
On December 05 2010 04:47 Nerski wrote:
If you have a keyboard with programmable keys like a G15 etc. I'd assume you could create aprogrammed key that will tap like 5 times extremly quickly for Z, T, R w/e if you wanted to mass build one unit.

I forsee something like this being advantageous in ZvZ if only slight for people who can have programmed buttons on their keyboard.


There's a teeny tiny problem with this, already mentioned in the thread. Blizzard will ban you for using macros (e.g., setting one key to perform the equivalent of multiple button presses).
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
December 04 2010 20:28 GMT
#108
Can you still spam for the other races? I like having like 30 barracks and just hold hotkeys down after I lose my army
majestouch
Profile Joined December 2010
United States395 Posts
December 04 2010 20:39 GMT
#109
On December 05 2010 04:47 Nerski wrote:
If you have a keyboard with programmable keys like a G15 etc. I'd assume you could create aprogrammed key that will tap like 5 times extremly quickly for Z, T, R w/e if you wanted to mass build one unit.

I forsee something like this being advantageous in ZvZ if only slight for people who can have programmed buttons on their keyboard.

if you have a keyboard like g15, or anyother piece of trahs w/ LCD/LED blinking lights you shouldn't be playing this game. test out of mechanical keyboard everytime you press a a key its like an orgams for your fingertips. furthermore, macros are illegal, such as the one you noted - really this only becomes a problem w/ roaches and lings but ye.
Baobab
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (South)153 Posts
December 04 2010 20:40 GMT
#110
Personally, I can't believe the big deal that's being made about this - like a few others here, Ive been pressing the hotkey repeatedly to make the units, and its fine, you can do it just a fast as the other way. I'm 2100 diamond, and I don't think I've ever lost a game specifically because I used this method. Its still a lot easier to make units as Z than as P or T imo.

Sidenote: mods did a good job temp banning that charlie dude, god did he ever sound like a douche. Too bad they can't prescribe him some sedatives.
한국어 배우고 있어요 ... 너무 어려우니까 도와주세요 ㅋㅋㅋ
majestouch
Profile Joined December 2010
United States395 Posts
December 04 2010 20:42 GMT
#111
On December 05 2010 05:13 Jmodo wrote:
So I've played a few ladder games and I'd like to say what unit hotkeys I have specifically changed that have helped.
Drone - S and D- this is actually pretty cool because S selects all your larvae so is pretty quick spamming.
Zergling - C and X
Morph to baneling ability - E and R
Roach is R and E
Mutalisk is T and Y
Hydralisk - H and G
Infested Terran ability - E and W

I didn't change many other units because you rarely ever get in situations where you will need to quickly pop 6 or more ultralisks, corruptors(maybe), and infestors.

If I'm ever in a crazy end game situation I start clicking the units with my mouse along with spamming, too.

wow, i didn't even think about morph baneling, omfg that will suck ass A LOT. um out of curiousity have you tried shift commands? like select all larva, SHIFT-hold Z? if you could test it and tell me thx. i appreciate all these tests, but hopefully blizz will get enough feedback that they are retarded and won't implement this change.
Jmodo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States10 Posts
December 04 2010 20:45 GMT
#112
On December 05 2010 05:42 majestouch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 05:13 Jmodo wrote:
So I've played a few ladder games and I'd like to say what unit hotkeys I have specifically changed that have helped.
Drone - S and D- this is actually pretty cool because S selects all your larvae so is pretty quick spamming.
Zergling - C and X
Morph to baneling ability - E and R
Roach is R and E
Mutalisk is T and Y
Hydralisk - H and G
Infested Terran ability - E and W

I didn't change many other units because you rarely ever get in situations where you will need to quickly pop 6 or more ultralisks, corruptors(maybe), and infestors.

If I'm ever in a crazy end game situation I start clicking the units with my mouse along with spamming, too.

wow, i didn't even think about morph baneling, omfg that will suck ass A LOT. um out of curiousity have you tried shift commands? like select all larva, SHIFT-hold Z? if you could test it and tell me thx. i appreciate all these tests, but hopefully blizz will get enough feedback that they are retarded and won't implement this change.


I don't need to test that to tell you it won't work
I'll try just in case though.
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
December 04 2010 20:47 GMT
#113
Here's an idea (if possible)
What about a dynamic hotkey, being reset to whatever the most recently pressed key was. For example, if you just build a zergling, the key (let's say x) is set to build zerglings. if you just built a hydra, then it is set to build hydralisks.
Thus, you could just go zxzxzxzxzxzx, or hxhxhxhxhxhx, etc. etc.
Might be difficult to go through (And violate Blizzard's agreement?)
genopath
Profile Joined December 2008
80 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 21:24:44
December 04 2010 21:24 GMT
#114
On December 05 2010 05:42 majestouch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 05:13 Jmodo wrote:
So I've played a few ladder games and I'd like to say what unit hotkeys I have specifically changed that have helped.
Drone - S and D- this is actually pretty cool because S selects all your larvae so is pretty quick spamming.
Zergling - C and X
Morph to baneling ability - E and R
Roach is R and E
Mutalisk is T and Y
Hydralisk - H and G
Infested Terran ability - E and W

I didn't change many other units because you rarely ever get in situations where you will need to quickly pop 6 or more ultralisks, corruptors(maybe), and infestors.

If I'm ever in a crazy end game situation I start clicking the units with my mouse along with spamming, too.

wow, i didn't even think about morph baneling, omfg that will suck ass A LOT. um out of curiousity have you tried shift commands? like select all larva, SHIFT-hold Z? if you could test it and tell me thx. i appreciate all these tests, but hopefully blizz will get enough feedback that they are retarded and won't implement this change.


Blizzard is usually quite stubborn with some changes. On WoW most stuff like these was usually never changed. They test mostly the functionality aspect of it.

I might switch to P if this function is implemented. The APM requierement for Z is already quite high and this does not help.
genopath
Profile Joined December 2008
80 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 21:28:21
December 04 2010 21:27 GMT
#115
On December 05 2010 05:40 Baobab wrote:
Personally, I can't believe the big deal that's being made about this - like a few others here, Ive been pressing the hotkey repeatedly to make the units, and its fine, you can do it just a fast as the other way. I'm 2100 diamond, and I don't think I've ever lost a game specifically because I used this method. Its still a lot easier to make units as Z than as P or T imo.

Sidenote: mods did a good job temp banning that charlie dude, god did he ever sound like a douche. Too bad they can't prescribe him some sedatives.


The big deal is that they are making the interface functionality worse rather than better. Personally to you it might not have been an issue because you were used to the old inefficient way of making units and that's fine everyone was free to either use this technique or not.
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
December 04 2010 21:32 GMT
#116
This is a pretty dumb change.

The main reason it hurts zerg is because of the inject mechanic. Every 40 seconds they have to spend 2-3 seconds spamming keys just to build everything they need. It is neither fun, nor well thought out. Sure it doesn't hurt the other races AS much, but it is still not good.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
ahwala
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany418 Posts
December 04 2010 21:34 GMT
#117
On December 05 2010 05:13 Jmodo wrote:
So I've played a few ladder games and I'd like to say what unit hotkeys I have specifically changed that have helped.
Drone - S and D- this is actually pretty cool because S selects all your larvae so is pretty quick spamming.
Zergling - C and X
Morph to baneling ability - E and R
Roach is R and E
Mutalisk is T and Y
Hydralisk - H and G
Infested Terran ability - E and W

I didn't change many other units because you rarely ever get in situations where you will need to quickly pop 6 or more ultralisks, corruptors(maybe), and infestors.

If I'm ever in a crazy end game situation I start clicking the units with my mouse along with spamming, too.


I'll stick with standard till I die as I'm too lazy to adapt.
Super_bricklayer
Profile Joined May 2010
France104 Posts
December 04 2010 21:36 GMT
#118
On December 05 2010 05:40 Baobab wrote:
Personally, I can't believe the big deal that's being made about this - like a few others here, Ive been pressing the hotkey repeatedly to make the units, and its fine, you can do it just a fast as the other way. I'm 2100 diamond, and I don't think I've ever lost a game specifically because I used this method. Its still a lot easier to make units as Z than as P or T imo.

Sidenote: mods did a good job temp banning that charlie dude, god did he ever sound like a douche. Too bad they can't prescribe him some sedatives.

It's not about being good, or better. It's not about skill at all. And that's the all point.

Why removing not a game breaking, not imbalance, not anything but just a logical intuitive simple mechanism ?
I just don't get it.

And it's mean kind of a lot to me, cause i feel dumb when spamming the same key. I want skill to be decision making and correct execution.

They put it back and place a limitation. I don't know how to tell it in English, but something like you hold the key and it's like 50 APM of spamming. No problem at all, nerf the holding key Blizzard ! You can go faster with spamming, easy, and i won't bother at all.

But is it about that ?
Seriously I can't understand this at all.
vesicular
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1311 Posts
December 04 2010 21:40 GMT
#119
In 3 months everyone will forget about this and it will all be second nature. I don't really see this being a huge deal.

TBH I think they removed it because you can set up your key repeat rate differently outside the game, and they don't want it affecting unit creation timings.
STX Fighting!
IamBach
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1059 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 21:47:55
December 04 2010 21:46 GMT
#120
edit: nevm
Just listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__lCZeePG48
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 252
Mind 60
Bale 28
ZergMaN 12
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 628
Other Games
summit1g7610
Coldzera 698
WinterStarcraft584
C9.Mang0263
ViBE139
Sick120
febbydoto6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick754
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP125
• practicex 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota284
League of Legends
• Rush788
Other Games
• Shiphtur506
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
5h 6m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
7h 6m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.