• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:36
CEST 17:36
KST 00:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8455 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 146

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 383 Next
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
June 05 2012 18:56 GMT
#2901
On June 05 2012 00:26 RYUZbim wrote:
Korean layout is ISO (small left shift and bigass enter)?

ISO Enter =/= BigAss Enter
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
intel21
Profile Joined March 2011
67 Posts
June 05 2012 19:03 GMT
#2902
Rosewill or DAS??? I will be getting a blue switch.

Rosewill is about 30$ cheaper.
DAS seems have the reputation for best overall quality??

Is there any big difference between the two?
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
June 05 2012 19:31 GMT
#2903
On June 06 2012 04:03 intel21 wrote:
Rosewill or DAS??? I will be getting a blue switch.

Rosewill is about 30$ cheaper.
DAS seems have the reputation for best overall quality??

Is there any big difference between the two?


Never touched a Rosewill board, but I love my DAS. Excellent customer service before buying, and a dream to type on (also blue switch).
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
-RusH
Profile Joined June 2012
United States240 Posts
June 05 2012 20:47 GMT
#2904
On June 06 2012 03:46 -RusH wrote:
Hello I've been thinking of getting a rosewill keyboard either browns or reds. The problem is I've read about how the detachable usb cable is very easy to mess up and that has really made me think about whether to get them or not. Right now they've got their red switch version going for $65 if you use the 20% off promo code. What do you guys think? Is it worth the risk? My other option would be to wait for the Corsair red switch to go on sale and buy that, although I don't like the idea of not having the top row of keys not being mechanical.

Also since the red switches require the least ammount of force among the cherry mx switches, do they still take more force to press than your average $10 membrane keyboard?
Anyone have any experience with the Rosewill keyboards?
Life..
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
June 05 2012 20:50 GMT
#2905
On June 06 2012 05:47 -RusH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 03:46 -RusH wrote:
Hello I've been thinking of getting a rosewill keyboard either browns or reds. The problem is I've read about how the detachable usb cable is very easy to mess up and that has really made me think about whether to get them or not. Right now they've got their red switch version going for $65 if you use the 20% off promo code. What do you guys think? Is it worth the risk? My other option would be to wait for the Corsair red switch to go on sale and buy that, although I don't like the idea of not having the top row of keys not being mechanical.

Also since the red switches require the least ammount of force among the cherry mx switches, do they still take more force to press than your average $10 membrane keyboard?
Anyone have any experience with the Rosewill keyboards?


membrane keyboards are 65g actuation. so reds are lighter than membrane. Rosewill keyboards are fine, just don't mess with the detachable cord once you plug it in.
TheOracle98
Profile Joined November 2011
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 21:11:00
June 05 2012 21:08 GMT
#2906
I managed to find an old Unitek in my basement. I haven't really tried it out yet, but it came from an old IBM computer and contains spring switches and weighs a metric fuck-ton. Compared to my Das (blue) it is really quiet. I actually quite enjoy the sound if i could figure out how to connect it to a modern computer.

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 06:36:59
June 06 2012 06:36 GMT
#2907
On June 06 2012 06:08 TheOracle98 wrote:
I managed to find an old Unitek in my basement. I haven't really tried it out yet, but it came from an old IBM computer and contains spring switches and weighs a metric fuck-ton. Compared to my Das (blue) it is really quiet. I actually quite enjoy the sound if i could figure out how to connect it to a modern computer.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]




Those look more like Cherry MX black than buckling spring on the Unitek. Can you confirm?
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
TheOracle98
Profile Joined November 2011
7 Posts
June 06 2012 19:43 GMT
#2908
Yeah, they are blacks... I forgot that they don't really have a tactile feel
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
June 06 2012 23:13 GMT
#2909
On June 07 2012 04:43 TheOracle98 wrote:
Yeah, they are blacks... I forgot that they don't really have a tactile feel

Well that explains why they are so much more silent than the blues
Administrator
Azuroz
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden1630 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 23:35:22
June 06 2012 23:34 GMT
#2910
About to order a filco ninja tenkeyless with brown switches, but i just saw that the red switch version of that keyboard is coming out in the middle of june. As im using blues right now and i've only also tried black switches, my main problem with my current one(blues) is double tapping, is this issue also prevalent with brown switch keyboards? I've never tried red switches, but afaik it's about the same as black switches but lighter, is that correct?
Team NSHoseo <3
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
June 07 2012 01:14 GMT
#2911
On June 07 2012 08:34 Azuroz wrote:
About to order a filco ninja tenkeyless with brown switches, but i just saw that the red switch version of that keyboard is coming out in the middle of june. As im using blues right now and i've only also tried black switches, my main problem with my current one(blues) is double tapping, is this issue also prevalent with brown switch keyboards? I've never tried red switches, but afaik it's about the same as black switches but lighter, is that correct?


Double tapping should be fine on brown switches, and yes red switches are the same as blacks just that it's lighter. The actuation force for reds and browns is the same.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
June 07 2012 04:21 GMT
#2912
On June 07 2012 08:34 Azuroz wrote:
About to order a filco ninja tenkeyless with brown switches, but i just saw that the red switch version of that keyboard is coming out in the middle of june. As im using blues right now and i've only also tried black switches, my main problem with my current one(blues) is double tapping, is this issue also prevalent with brown switch keyboards? I've never tried red switches, but afaik it's about the same as black switches but lighter, is that correct?


The dbl tap issue is less pronounced in the browns than it is in blues because the release point is slightly closer to the actuation point.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
June 07 2012 06:00 GMT
#2913
On June 06 2012 05:47 -RusH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 03:46 -RusH wrote:
Hello I've been thinking of getting a rosewill keyboard either browns or reds. The problem is I've read about how the detachable usb cable is very easy to mess up and that has really made me think about whether to get them or not. Right now they've got their red switch version going for $65 if you use the 20% off promo code. What do you guys think? Is it worth the risk? My other option would be to wait for the Corsair red switch to go on sale and buy that, although I don't like the idea of not having the top row of keys not being mechanical.

Also since the red switches require the least ammount of force among the cherry mx switches, do they still take more force to press than your average $10 membrane keyboard?
Anyone have any experience with the Rosewill keyboards?
I've had one with blue switches since last September. It's an incredibly solid keyboard. It's noticeably better quality than my old Steelseries 6GV2. For how cheap it costs, it doesn't feel cheap at all, the keycaps are fine, no squeaky switches or anything like that either. I haven't had a single issue with mine and would happily recommend it.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
sour_eraser
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada932 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-07 07:04:14
June 07 2012 07:03 GMT
#2914
Hey guys,
I am looking to buy entry-level mech keyboard in Canada and I was wondering if Razer Blackwindow was good enough? I heard 6gv2 was better in quality but I dont like the idea of black switch as they require more force than typical keyboard. Is there any other lower priced alternate keyboards? I'll probably switch to better mech keyboard if I like it , However right now I just want to test it out
"What's the f*cking point of censoring a letter if everyone and their mother knows what it stands for.... F*cking morons"
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
June 07 2012 07:11 GMT
#2915
Ducky, Rosewill, Leopold would probably be better brands to look into.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Bakkendepao
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands185 Posts
June 07 2012 08:21 GMT
#2916
Im saving up money for a mechanical keyboard atm, and I've looked up different keyboards and these are the ones I like (I like non-gamer keyboards, I rather have no LED's or macro keys since I wont use them anyways):

- Ducky DK1008BR (80$)
- Ducky DK9008BR (120$)
- Rosewill RK-9000BR (90$)
- Leopold FC200 OTaku Browns (100$)

The duckie DK1008 is at moment of speaking on top of the list, since it is tenkeyless and its rather cheap. I dont know the differences between the Ducky 1008 compared to all the other keyboards in general, could anybody help me out
[1:11:58] محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم: >having a signature [1:11:58] محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم: what are you
Vestrel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada271 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-07 08:33:38
June 07 2012 08:30 GMT
#2917
On June 07 2012 16:03 jidolboy wrote:
Hey guys,
I am looking to buy entry-level mech keyboard in Canada and I was wondering if Razer Blackwindow was good enough? I heard 6gv2 was better in quality but I dont like the idea of black switch as they require more force than typical keyboard. Is there any other lower priced alternate keyboards? I'll probably switch to better mech keyboard if I like it , However right now I just want to test it out


Look for Coolermaster keyboards. NCIX has em

Coolermaster CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, Coolermaster Quick Fire Pro
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
June 07 2012 09:49 GMT
#2918
On June 07 2012 17:21 Bakkendepao wrote:
Im saving up money for a mechanical keyboard atm, and I've looked up different keyboards and these are the ones I like (I like non-gamer keyboards, I rather have no LED's or macro keys since I wont use them anyways):

- Ducky DK1008BR (80$)
- Ducky DK9008BR (120$)
- Rosewill RK-9000BR (90$)
- Leopold FC200 OTaku Browns (100$)

The duckie DK1008 is at moment of speaking on top of the list, since it is tenkeyless and its rather cheap. I dont know the differences between the Ducky 1008 compared to all the other keyboards in general, could anybody help me out


Can you get a CM quickfire rapid where you are? Because that should be about the same price as the Ducky and better quality, tenkeyless as well.
The Ducky 1008 is ok so if its too hard to get a CM then you should be fine with that.
Bakkendepao
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands185 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-07 10:38:53
June 07 2012 10:38 GMT
#2919
On June 07 2012 18:49 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 17:21 Bakkendepao wrote:
Im saving up money for a mechanical keyboard atm, and I've looked up different keyboards and these are the ones I like (I like non-gamer keyboards, I rather have no LED's or macro keys since I wont use them anyways):

- Ducky DK1008BR (80$)
- Ducky DK9008BR (120$)
- Rosewill RK-9000BR (90$)
- Leopold FC200 OTaku Browns (100$)

The duckie DK1008 is at moment of speaking on top of the list, since it is tenkeyless and its rather cheap. I dont know the differences between the Ducky 1008 compared to all the other keyboards in general, could anybody help me out


Can you get a CM quickfire rapid where you are? Because that should be about the same price as the Ducky and better quality, tenkeyless as well.
The Ducky 1008 is ok so if its too hard to get a CM then you should be fine with that.

I dont really like the looks of the CM Quickfire, and its not cheaper to order it from a local store here (and I'll have the wrong layout Im used to)
[1:11:58] محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم: >having a signature [1:11:58] محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم: what are you
inbox24
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia344 Posts
June 07 2012 11:58 GMT
#2920
Hey guys, I will be in Hong Kong next Monday. Are there any decent places to get a mechanical keyboard?
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 243
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5012
Bisu 2014
Shuttle 976
Larva 830
Stork 487
EffOrt 477
BeSt 465
Horang2 339
actioN 290
Mini 251
[ Show more ]
Rush 237
Light 144
Mind 119
hero 99
Yoon 92
910 90
Zeus 86
Snow 68
Mong 63
sorry 57
Shinee 51
Barracks 48
Sea.KH 45
JYJ 37
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 27
Killer 26
Sexy 26
Aegong 20
yabsab 18
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 17
scan(afreeca) 14
zelot 14
Free 10
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5729
qojqva2995
Dendi1134
Counter-Strike
fl0m3484
Fnx 711
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko467
Other Games
singsing2508
hiko942
B2W.Neo721
TKL 702
Livibee349
ceh9316
XBOCT274
Hui .232
Liquid`VortiX209
XaKoH 151
Chillindude9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1352
WardiTV1006
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 26
• mYiSmile125
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 35
• iopq 7
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3102
• Jankos2111
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
24m
Replay Cast
7h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 24m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
19h 24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.