• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:56
CEST 16:56
KST 23:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8732 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 145

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 383 Next
kill619
Profile Joined December 2011
United States212 Posts
June 02 2012 12:13 GMT
#2881
so i saw on wasdkeyboards.com that you could purchase individual key switches, i assumed to replace a broken one on your keyboard. i was wondering could you use these switches to replace the ones on a mechanical keyboard of a different switch type, for example turning a blue switch keyboard into a brown?
Neelia
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany599 Posts
June 02 2012 12:35 GMT
#2882
On June 02 2012 21:13 kill619 wrote:
so i saw on wasdkeyboards.com that you could purchase individual key switches, i assumed to replace a broken one on your keyboard. i was wondering could you use these switches to replace the ones on a mechanical keyboard of a different switch type, for example turning a blue switch keyboard into a brown?


Depends on your keyboard.

If the switches are plate mounted, you have to desolder/solder them to swap to another switch. If they're PCB mounted you can switch them more easily.

Another option would be changing the springs to change the feel of the switches.

The Geekhack wiki got plenty of useful resources on that topic
kill619
Profile Joined December 2011
United States212 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-02 15:26:46
June 02 2012 15:26 GMT
#2883
Thanks
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
June 02 2012 15:44 GMT
#2884
Since I'm having some relatives visit Australia next week, I'm thinking of maybe getting them to buy a keyboard for me while they're there.

Anyone able to recommend where they'd be able to look for Filcos in Australia? I'm particularly interested in getting myself a Filco Majestouch 2 Camouflage Edition. Is it possible to get one there?
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-02 16:04:57
June 02 2012 15:59 GMT
#2885
On June 03 2012 00:44 rebdomine wrote:
Since I'm having some relatives visit Australia next week, I'm thinking of maybe getting them to buy a keyboard for me while they're there.

Anyone able to recommend where they'd be able to look for Filcos in Australia? I'm particularly interested in getting myself a Filco Majestouch 2 Camouflage Edition. Is it possible to get one there?


Should be able to get one from Auspcmarket, ordering it and then getting your family to pick your order up from their warehouse.

Just have to convince your family to travel to a warehouse

edit: Ohh they have fullsize camos!
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 00:24:36
June 03 2012 00:21 GMT
#2886
Quickfire rapid blues came in today... it was much cheaper than the browns so I decided to see if I could get used to the noise. It isn't too much louder than rubber domes and I think I'll get used to it pretty soon. It is really cool :D I think the caps lock key might be a little sticky but it doesn't seem like a big issue.

Edit: My WPM is technically up 15% from my other crap keyboard... :D hahaha
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Aocowns
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway6070 Posts
June 03 2012 16:05 GMT
#2887
Has the Steelseries keyboards with red switches been released yet? I thought Incontrol said on his stream that they weren't even announced yet, but my friend insists he has a Steelseries board with red switches. Anyone care to shed some light on the situation?

http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=743721 This is the keyboard he bought, and it says red switches. Am I just misinformed or is somethingweird going on? Also, is it any good? c:
I'm a salt-lord and hater of mech and ForGG, don't take me seriously, it's just my salt-humour speaking i swear. |KadaverBB best TL gaoler| |~IdrA's #1 fan~| SetGuitarsToKill and Duckk are my martyr heroes |
Thezftw
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 19:44:03
June 03 2012 19:39 GMT
#2888
On June 04 2012 01:05 Aocowns wrote:
Has the Steelseries keyboards with red switches been released yet? I thought Incontrol said on his stream that they weren't even announced yet, but my friend insists he has a Steelseries board with red switches. Anyone care to shed some light on the situation?

http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=743721 This is the keyboard he bought, and it says red switches. Am I just misinformed or is somethingweird going on? Also, is it any good? c:
Well, they have released 6Gv2 with MX Reds (I have one) but I'm not too sure where you can get one. I bought mine from some guy who had won/got 6gv2 somewhere (box was still sealed when I got it), and I thought it's the black version (he didn't know the difference either) and turns out, he sent me a Red Edition.

Here's some info: http://www.overclock.net/t/1174698/steelseries-to-release-6gv2-red-limited-edition

It is good yeah. Very solid,ly built and red switches are great for gaming and typing (although latter is about your own preference; do you want a tactile bump or not).

I can recommend!
Remaker12
Profile Joined June 2011
United States105 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 14:44:38
June 04 2012 14:42 GMT
#2889
Anyone know where I can get a Korean Keyboard with Cherry MX Blues?

Edit: I don't mean a keyboard specifically made in Korea. I just want one with a Korean Language layout.
RYUZbim
Profile Joined December 2011
France48 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 15:27:05
June 04 2012 15:26 GMT
#2890
Korean layout is ISO (small left shift and bigass enter)?
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
June 04 2012 15:49 GMT
#2891
On June 05 2012 00:26 RYUZbim wrote:
Korean layout is ISO (small left shift and bigass enter)?

I think there are special additional keys around a shorter space-bar to switch between Latin characters and the Korean writing.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
ljd1131
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Australia83 Posts
June 04 2012 17:13 GMT
#2892
Hi I'm a Zerg player who's currently using a 10 dollar Logitech keyboard and i wanted to get a new one.
So I was wondering whether or not to get a classic dt-35 or some mechanical one
and what's the best link to a dt-35 on ebay thx
Remaker12
Profile Joined June 2011
United States105 Posts
June 04 2012 22:02 GMT
#2893
On June 05 2012 00:26 RYUZbim wrote:
Korean layout is ISO (small left shift and bigass enter)?


Yup.
Remaker12
Profile Joined June 2011
United States105 Posts
June 04 2012 22:03 GMT
#2894
On June 05 2012 00:49 Ropid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 00:26 RYUZbim wrote:
Korean layout is ISO (small left shift and bigass enter)?

I think there are special additional keys around a shorter space-bar to switch between Latin characters and the Korean writing.


Not for all. Some have that.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
June 04 2012 23:03 GMT
#2895
On June 05 2012 02:13 ljd1131 wrote:
Hi I'm a Zerg player who's currently using a 10 dollar Logitech keyboard and i wanted to get a new one.
So I was wondering whether or not to get a classic dt-35 or some mechanical one
and what's the best link to a dt-35 on ebay thx

For australia I'd basically suggest the Leopold that suits you best, around 100 dollars
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
HermiT
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States11 Posts
June 05 2012 05:19 GMT
#2896
I've been using the CM Storm Quickfire (Blues) for about a month now, and I'm noticing that the keycap lettering for the more frequently typed letters are fading. Is this typically normal for mech keyboards or this model in particular? I'm new to mech keyboards, but I just find it odd that the rubber dome keyboards I've been using for years don't have this issue. :p
wairai
Profile Joined May 2012
Malaysia1000 Posts
June 05 2012 05:41 GMT
#2897
Try cleaning the keycap with either isopropyl or just dump it in a denture cleaner (I see someone doing it LOL)
Yungin' Leanin' with Pourple Drink
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
June 05 2012 10:14 GMT
#2898
On June 05 2012 02:13 ljd1131 wrote:
Hi I'm a Zerg player who's currently using a 10 dollar Logitech keyboard and i wanted to get a new one.
So I was wondering whether or not to get a classic dt-35 or some mechanical one
and what's the best link to a dt-35 on ebay thx


Get a mechanical board if you are willing to spend ~$100 and want a real nice keyboard. As Shikyo said Leopolds from PCCG are a good choice.

If thats too much then any decent rubber dome will work fine for starcraft.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
June 05 2012 11:26 GMT
#2899
On June 05 2012 14:19 HermiT wrote:
I've been using the CM Storm Quickfire (Blues) for about a month now, and I'm noticing that the keycap lettering for the more frequently typed letters are fading. Is this typically normal for mech keyboards or this model in particular? I'm new to mech keyboards, but I just find it odd that the rubber dome keyboards I've been using for years don't have this issue. :p


Normal for CM Storm QFR, not sure about other mech keyboards. I have a CM Storm QFR with black switches and the letters started fading after around a month. So yeah I think it's normal.
-RusH
Profile Joined June 2012
United States240 Posts
June 05 2012 18:46 GMT
#2900
Hello I've been thinking of getting a rosewill keyboard either browns or reds. The problem is I've read about how the detachable usb cable is very easy to mess up and that has really made me think about whether to get them or not. Right now they've got their red switch version going for $65 if you use the 20% off promo code. What do you guys think? Is it worth the risk? My other option would be to wait for the Corsair red switch to go on sale and buy that, although I don't like the idea of not having the top row of keys not being mechanical.

Also since the red switches require the least ammount of force among the cherry mx switches, do they still take more force to press than your average $10 membrane keyboard?
Life..
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1471
WardiTV1023
OGKoka 273
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 273
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7501
Bisu 1824
Shuttle 939
Horang2 766
Larva 557
Stork 504
EffOrt 390
BeSt 370
actioN 268
Mini 244
[ Show more ]
Light 163
Rush 159
hero 143
Mind 142
910 99
Zeus 96
Snow 69
Mong 66
Barracks 60
Shinee 57
JYJ 46
sorry 41
Bale 34
ToSsGirL 28
Killer 25
Aegong 24
Sexy 21
Shine 20
HiyA 19
soO 15
zelot 15
Sacsri 11
Free 10
scan(afreeca) 10
Terrorterran 10
yabsab 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5681
qojqva2305
Dendi1029
febbydoto28
Counter-Strike
fl0m3619
Fnx 535
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko452
Other Games
singsing2876
hiko1038
B2W.Neo744
TKL 570
Livibee389
XBOCT244
Liquid`VortiX230
Hui .216
XaKoH 150
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 29
• mYiSmile115
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3167
• Jankos2245
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 5m
Replay Cast
8h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 5m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 5m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.