• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:59
CEST 18:59
KST 01:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)71Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8204 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 148

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 150 383 Next
BobMcJohnson
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France2916 Posts
June 08 2012 09:38 GMT
#2941
So, I finally found a reasonable priced non-blackwidow keyboard in France and I should receive it tomorrow.

A Keycool 87 with cherry mx-blue switches, got it for 82€ (incl shipping) off Amazon.fr. I'll post my impressions when I'll receive it . It's my first mechanical keyboard so I'm pretty excited !
Romanes eunt domus
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-08 11:53:27
June 08 2012 11:45 GMT
#2942
On June 08 2012 00:05 exousia_7 wrote:
Does anyone use a Cherry board here? How does it feel to game on it for you guys?

I use a black Cherry G80-3000 with blue switches. I am using the keyboard for several years now, and all keys still work perfect. The large keys with stabilizers (Space Bar, Shift, Enter, etc.) do not jam, and I think I press the Space Bar a lot at its very corners next to the Alt keys.

For gaming, I did not have a problem with the keyboard not having n-key rollover. Quake, where you do not have weird keys to press, works without problems, and I think also could play the Return to Castle Wolfenstein FPS games, where you have things like walk, jump, crouch, sprint and have to sometimes press a lot of keys at the same time.

I am generally pretty happy with the keyboard, especially considering the low price in Germany, but there are two things I do not like.

The size of the keyboard is annoying. It has a lot of useless space on all sides and especially the top, perhaps because Cherry uses the same general shape to produce keyboards with special features like an additional row of programmable keys or a card reader, etc.

The other annoying thing about the keyboard is, it has very bad printing on the keys. You can feel the lettering with your fingertips. For some keys it is nearly as pronounced as the bumps you know from F, J, and numpad-5 on normal keyboards (on that note: the Cherry keyboard does not have bumps on F and J, instead the curve of those two keys is more pronounced). This is perhaps only because it is a black keyboard and it uses some kind of thick white paint for the lettering. In hindsight, if I would have known that, I would have bought the white version of the G80-3000, as it should use laser engraving for the lettering, I guess. I know Cherry can produce very good double shot keycaps that are perfectly smooth, but the keycaps on my keyboard are shitty.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-08 13:22:06
June 08 2012 13:11 GMT
#2943
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 14:57 Thylacine wrote:
On June 08 2012 00:05 exousia_7 wrote:
Does anyone use a Cherry board here? How does it feel to game on it for you guys?


Imagine if you tried to READ or SEARCH in the thread abit before typing? There is virtually 100+ pages of comments about how it is for gaming. And just the fact that you ask ''does anyone use a cherry board'' ......UHH yeah, EVERYONE uses one in this thread? God man...

Btw can anyone comment on a Ducky shine with MX blacks that they've tried? Is it crisp/good?


Jeez what's up with the rage man? Cherry board means a mechanical keyboard made by the brand Cherry. I am actually using one right now, Cherry G80-3000LSCRC-2, and if you don't know it, look it up. You don't find anything, look harder because you are obviously not doing a good job with even trying to understand what I am asking and just being ignorant. I just wanted to know how other people feel about Cherry brand boards. I would've said "a Cherry MX mechanical keyboard" if I wanted to ask otherwise. I've posted quite a bit of posts here too already in case YOU haven't read the thread.

Anyhow, I've tried a Ducky shine keyboard before but with red switches. I personally feel that it's a solid built keyboard, the quality is great, and the lights are solid and bright with proper adjustment levels.

Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 20:45 Ropid wrote:

I use a black Cherry G80-3000 with blue switches. I am using the keyboard for several years now, and all keys still work perfect. The large keys with stabilizers (Space Bar, Shift, Enter, etc.) do not jam, and I think I press the Space Bar a lot at its very corners next to the Alt keys.

For gaming, I did not have a problem with the keyboard not having n-key rollover. Quake, where you do not have weird keys to press, works without problems, and I think also could play the Return to Castle Wolfenstein FPS games, where you have things like walk, jump, crouch, sprint and have to sometimes press a lot of keys at the same time.

I am generally pretty happy with the keyboard, especially considering the low price in Germany, but there are two things I do not like.

The size of the keyboard is annoying. It has a lot of useless space on all sides and especially the top, perhaps because Cherry uses the same general shape to produce keyboards with special features like an additional row of programmable keys or a card reader, etc.

The other annoying thing about the keyboard is, it has very bad printing on the keys. You can feel the lettering with your fingertips. For some keys it is nearly as pronounced as the bumps you know from F, J, and numpad-5 on normal keyboards (on that note: the Cherry keyboard does not have bumps on F and J, instead the curve of those two keys is more pronounced). This is perhaps only because it is a black keyboard and it uses some kind of thick white paint for the lettering. In hindsight, if I would have known that, I would have bought the white version of the G80-3000, as it should use laser engraving for the lettering, I guess. I know Cherry can produce very good double shot keycaps that are perfectly smooth, but the keycaps on my keyboard are shitty.


Thanks for the response. I also own a Cherry G80-3000 with MX blue switches, and I pretty much have the same thoughts about it as you do. I gotta say I do not like the size of this keyboard either. I can accept the printing on the keys though. The keycaps use POM material so I guess that's why the engraving seems different. POM material is better than ABS, which is what most mechanical keyboard manufacturers use nowadays, so that's a plus for me. I also don't like how the F and J keys are just curved instead of having a bump.

After several years of using have the letter printings on the keycaps faded or darkened? I've only used mine for around half a year and some of the letters are starting to fade.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
June 08 2012 13:29 GMT
#2944
Yes it faded, though I am not sure if it is not perhaps simply dirt. The printing on W, A, D is a lot more faded than Q, S, E, but the printing still feels just as bumpy on those faded keys, so it could be dirt.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
June 08 2012 14:24 GMT
#2945
Have you ever tried changing switches on your Cherry G80-3000?
Azuroz
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden1630 Posts
June 08 2012 14:59 GMT
#2946
On June 07 2012 10:14 exousia_7 wrote:

Double tapping should be fine on brown switches, and yes red switches are the same as blacks just that it's lighter. The actuation force for reds and browns is the same.


On June 07 2012 13:21 slytown wrote:

The dbl tap issue is less pronounced in the browns than it is in blues because the release point is slightly closer to the actuation point.



Thanks for the replies, ordered the brown switch keyboard yesterday, really excited to get to try it.
Team NSHoseo <3
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
June 08 2012 16:00 GMT
#2947
On June 08 2012 23:24 exousia_7 wrote:
Have you ever tried changing switches on your Cherry G80-3000?

nope
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
TheOracle98
Profile Joined November 2011
7 Posts
June 08 2012 23:37 GMT
#2948
Found a model M
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

sorry for backward picture...
FalconPunch
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States134 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-09 04:44:41
June 09 2012 04:39 GMT
#2949
This might be a stupid question.. but I just bought a Rosewill RK-9000 with brown switches.. and the PS/2 connection doesn't seem to work.. Is this a driver problem? I haven't used a ps/2 connection in ages..


Nevermind.. got it to work... just had to restart the computer....
You only live twice.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
June 09 2012 05:17 GMT
#2950
On June 09 2012 08:37 TheOracle98 wrote:
Found a model M
[image loading]

sorry for backward picture...


That's more like it Oracle. Nice find. Figured it would be a Lexmark too.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
June 09 2012 09:07 GMT
#2951
On June 09 2012 13:39 FalconPunch wrote:
This might be a stupid question.. but I just bought a Rosewill RK-9000 with brown switches.. and the PS/2 connection doesn't seem to work.. Is this a driver problem? I haven't used a ps/2 connection in ages..


Nevermind.. got it to work... just had to restart the computer....

Yep, that is the one and only downside to ps/2. Apart from that, it trumps USB
Administrator
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
June 09 2012 09:30 GMT
#2952
On June 09 2012 18:07 bblack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2012 13:39 FalconPunch wrote:
This might be a stupid question.. but I just bought a Rosewill RK-9000 with brown switches.. and the PS/2 connection doesn't seem to work.. Is this a driver problem? I haven't used a ps/2 connection in ages..


Nevermind.. got it to work... just had to restart the computer....

Yep, that is the one and only downside to ps/2. Apart from that, it trumps USB

The downside is also that there are a lot computers, not just laptops, that don't have a ps2 port anymore. I have a fairly high end mobo and it don't have one.
MrJoKer
Profile Joined November 2011
France232 Posts
June 09 2012 10:35 GMT
#2953
I have a question could you answer me by PM please. I can buy a Raze Marauder for 50euro , he is unused in the box there is no scam . I have actualy a Raze Arctosa and now there is the question : is it a good dead to replace my keyboard for the Razer Marauder ? Thank you to read me
@AbeggJip
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-09 10:43:51
June 09 2012 10:42 GMT
#2954
On June 09 2012 19:35 MrJoKer wrote:
I can buy a Raze Marauder for 50euro , he is unused in the box there is no scam . I have actualy a Raze Arctosa and now there is the question : is it a good dead to replace my keyboard for the Razer Marauder ? Thank you to read me


Razer Marauder is a bad membrane keyboard. I've had that keyboard twice but it was always some problem with it, glitches in how the buttons work etc etc. In the end I got sick of it and replaced it with a real mechanical board. My recomandation: Don't buy it!
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
MrJoKer
Profile Joined November 2011
France232 Posts
June 09 2012 10:57 GMT
#2955
Thank you Thylacine for this tip.
@AbeggJip
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
June 09 2012 13:34 GMT
#2956
Yeah rubber domes are kind of meh, but Razer rubber domes are just a nightmare. I've owned exactly one, and will NEVER use another one.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
June 09 2012 14:19 GMT
#2957
On June 09 2012 19:35 MrJoKer wrote:
I have a question could you answer me by PM please. I can buy a Raze Marauder for 50euro , he is unused in the box there is no scam . I have actualy a Raze Arctosa and now there is the question : is it a good dead to replace my keyboard for the Razer Marauder ? Thank you to read me


Any keyboard from Razer, whether it be a mechanical keyboard or a membrane keyboard, is overpriced for the quality. They're all pretty bad keyboards for the price you pay. 50 euros for a membrane keyboard?? Are you kidding me??
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
June 09 2012 14:23 GMT
#2958
On June 09 2012 23:19 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2012 19:35 MrJoKer wrote:
I have a question could you answer me by PM please. I can buy a Raze Marauder for 50euro , he is unused in the box there is no scam . I have actualy a Raze Arctosa and now there is the question : is it a good dead to replace my keyboard for the Razer Marauder ? Thank you to read me


Any keyboard from Razer, whether it be a mechanical keyboard or a membrane keyboard, is overpriced for the quality. They're all pretty bad keyboards for the price you pay. 50 euros for a membrane keyboard?? Are you kidding me??

That's true, I wouldn't buy a Razer keyboard, especially not a membrane one (if you can afford to spend some money on it, use it for a nice mechanical keyboard, that's worth it).
To be fair though, Razer's mice are awesome
Get off my lawn, young punks
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
June 09 2012 15:24 GMT
#2959
On June 09 2012 23:23 ACrow wrote:
That's true, I wouldn't buy a Razer keyboard, especially not a membrane one (if you can afford to spend some money on it, use it for a nice mechanical keyboard, that's worth it).
To be fair though, Razer's mice are awesome


Yeah Razer's mice are nice, though their higher-end mice get kinda carried away with all the features and stuff for the price and quality.....their headsets I heard are also not that great for the price.
findingthelimit
Profile Joined May 2012
Hong Kong219 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-10 09:04:12
June 10 2012 09:02 GMT
#2960
i bought a ducky shine pink light yesterday with green switch... it's the most beautiful thing ever :o

i'm still not very used to it, but the clicky sounds really get me going! is there a reason why OP stated that blue switches are not as good as red/black switches when it comes to gaming? I didn't quite get the "linear pressure" issue. I just think it sounds very nice...

(yes, I did buy the one with cherry blue switches)
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 150 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM604
TaKeTV 238
IndyStarCraft 124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2218
RotterdaM 604
ByuN 272
MaxPax 153
IndyStarCraft 124
BRAT_OK 102
UpATreeSC 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3578
Shuttle 850
Stork 408
Mini 387
EffOrt 314
Horang2 229
Rush 217
Mind 158
Dewaltoss 100
910 78
[ Show more ]
Mong 75
Zeus 70
Yoon 68
hero 60
Snow 53
Shinee 40
JYJ 35
HiyA 35
sorry 31
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 23
Killer 20
Sea.KH 18
Terrorterran 15
Sexy 11
zelot 11
scan(afreeca) 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5845
qojqva2823
Counter-Strike
fl0m5010
Fnx 678
pashabiceps171
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby231
Other Games
singsing2218
Beastyqt581
ceh9540
Hui .214
XaKoH 141
Trikslyr80
QueenE57
Chillindude27
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur228
• WagamamaTV41
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 1m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 1m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.