- 16 : 9 SD graphics, fixing Blizzard's poor upscaling in Remastered
- Post-game analysis
- Enhanced replay viewer features from the sagi.gg replay viewer
- Colour blind friendliness
- Anti-cheat for ladder matchmaking
Anti-cheat
Bot cheating has exploded over the past month. Sagi.gg analyses every ladder game it processes, and while building this system I found cheating has been happening far longer, just more subtly: perfect opening splits without selecting a worker, rallying and producing from every building at once, moving 30+ units simultaneously.
The system detects consistently impossible actions, flags them, and sends them for manual review. It's deliberately conservative, and so far there have been zero false positives. Confirmed cheaters are labelled on Sagi.gg.
When playing using the launcher, flagged players can't be matched against you. If you meet a cheater, refresh their profile (or yours) on Sagi.gg to submit the game for analysis. The game will be analyses within a minute or two and they will be automatically flagged and won't be able to match against you or any other user again.
It's rudimentary for now, but there's a lot of data to build on, and I expect to catch subtler cheaters, map hackers and people trying to evade detection. I'll expand it carefully, because no one should ever be falsely labelled. u/Jadien has kindly shared his bot-detection code and data, which I'm working through now.
Why release client modifications now?
I built the 16 : 9 SD mod months ago but held it back because I didn't want to open Pandora's box. We're well past that point, and ladder has become unplayable for many, so it's now a necessity.
An appeal to any future launcher creators: please stay within the boundaries the game has established. Creating advantages the game never offered is a race to the bottom.
Download here:
https://sagi.gg/app