Anyway-- my question is this. I used to keep my buildings on the right, and units on the left. In the past, I macro'd with 0 - Nexuses, 9 - GatewaYS, 8 Robo, 7 Stargate, 6 Upgrades -- and 1 - Sentries-Zealots/Archons/Immortals/Observer 2- Stalkers 3- Spellcasters, 4 - Flank, 5-Misc. However, I've noticed that the keys on the left are much faster to hit and it's probably hurting my macro.
So, I came up with this for my new control group, What do you guys think about this setup? Having my nexus and a builder probe always ctrl grouped on the left has helped my macro already, but I'm still getting used to new keys. I try to keep everything I commonly use ont he left side now.
I don't know if I should keep Sentry with Spellcasters or not-- one time I tried it on the ladder, and I was fumbling around trying to get guardian shield & force field & psi storm with hitting tab and I'm thinking if I put it with my main army I can just hit guardian shield and micro them behind the army manually. What do you guys think?
F1 Nexus, F2 Gateways, F3 Production (robo, stargate), F4 Upgrades
1 Scout/Harass/Active Micro 2 Main Army 3 Stalkers 4 Spellcasters 5 Dedicated builder probe 6 Scout Observer 7 - 0 Second armies / MISC