• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:48
CEST 07:48
KST 14:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7891 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 141

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 383 Next
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
May 25 2012 16:56 GMT
#2801
On May 26 2012 00:04 Prominence wrote:
What do you guys think about the Blackwidow Stealth Edition? I'm finding it hard to justify 50 more dollars for the Ducky I was looking at

I found this keyboard that is near in price, anyone ever seen this? http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=74


Do not get any of the Razer keyboards unless those are the only mechanical keyboards you have access for purchase. They are not very good for the price you pay. The CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, on the other hand, is often regarded as one of the top tenkeyless mechanical keyboard for its price. I would definitely recommend the CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid. I have one with black MX switches and I love it.
Prominence
Profile Joined May 2012
6 Posts
May 25 2012 17:17 GMT
#2802
That's what I just went with so thank you! Should be here in 3-5 days
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
May 25 2012 17:27 GMT
#2803
On May 26 2012 02:17 Prominence wrote:
That's what I just went with so thank you! Should be here in 3-5 days


Uh oh....I did not notice your link was actually the CM Storm Quick Fire PRO.....that one actually has some mixed review in terms of quality, but the price is still reasonable compared to the Black Widow. The Quick Fire PRO I heard is manufactured by the same company that makes the Black Widow which is iOne, and iOne keyboards aren't top quality....

To be honest I think you should have gone for Ducky....but maybe you'll end up loving it. I never tried the Quick Fire PRO for an extended period of time so I can't tell if the quality really is as bad as some ppl say. ><
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
May 25 2012 17:36 GMT
#2804
I just got my celeritas, it's awesome !! Now I want to custom the keycaps, you know, with white caps, red caps... Is there a website where you can order your keycaps one by one ? I don't want to buy two or three complete sets just to use 10 caps
I like starcraft
Prominence
Profile Joined May 2012
6 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-25 17:51:34
May 25 2012 17:45 GMT
#2805
On May 26 2012 02:27 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 02:17 Prominence wrote:
That's what I just went with so thank you! Should be here in 3-5 days


Uh oh....I did not notice your link was actually the CM Storm Quick Fire PRO.....that one actually has some mixed review in terms of quality, but the price is still reasonable compared to the Black Widow. The Quick Fire PRO I heard is manufactured by the same company that makes the Black Widow which is iOne, and iOne keyboards aren't top quality....

To be honest I think you should have gone for Ducky....but maybe you'll end up loving it. I never tried the Quick Fire PRO for an extended period of time so I can't tell if the quality really is as bad as some ppl say. ><


It's all good, it has a 2 year warranty so i'm not worried
DreamOen
Profile Joined March 2010
Spain1400 Posts
May 25 2012 19:01 GMT
#2806
Whats the general opinion here on the 6gv2 steelseries?
Tester | MC | Crank | Flash | Jaedong | MVP
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 25 2012 19:05 GMT
#2807
On May 26 2012 04:01 DreamOen wrote:
Whats the general opinion here on the 6gv2 steelseries?


If you don't mind the layout, it's a solid keyboard with blacks. Not too violently branded.

I've seen kind of mixed results on keycap printing longevity. Mine are doing pretty good, with the WASD cluster mildly faded, but some people report faster fading.
501TFX
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria345 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-25 19:19:01
May 25 2012 19:13 GMT
#2808
I finally want to buy my next mechanical keyboard, after my Black Widow died, but I don't want to buy a Widow again, it felt a little bit ... cheap tbh :/

Ok, so right now I'm thinking either about the CM Storm Trigger (Black Switches), which costs 130€ here or the Ttesports Meka G1, which costs about 100€ here.
I did already a lot of researching, but most reviews round themselves up with "It's a great keyboard" without too much useful information...
So what do you think is better, or what are important aspects of these keyboards of which I should know of?
Never let your dreams fade, run after them, run until you get them !
DreamOen
Profile Joined March 2010
Spain1400 Posts
May 25 2012 22:21 GMT
#2809
On May 26 2012 04:05 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 04:01 DreamOen wrote:
Whats the general opinion here on the 6gv2 steelseries?


If you don't mind the layout, it's a solid keyboard with blacks. Not too violently branded.

I've seen kind of mixed results on keycap printing longevity. Mine are doing pretty good, with the WASD cluster mildly faded, but some people report faster fading.

What do u mind with the layout? hehe I guess I dont mind. And I dont care with the keys longevity, I liked when they went away in my oldie shittie keyboard, looked olschool XD.
Tester | MC | Crank | Flash | Jaedong | MVP
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
May 25 2012 23:03 GMT
#2810
On May 26 2012 04:13 FeelTHeBluEZ wrote:
I finally want to buy my next mechanical keyboard, after my Black Widow died, but I don't want to buy a Widow again, it felt a little bit ... cheap tbh :/

Ok, so right now I'm thinking either about the CM Storm Trigger (Black Switches), which costs 130€ here or the Ttesports Meka G1, which costs about 100€ here.
I did already a lot of researching, but most reviews round themselves up with "It's a great keyboard" without too much useful information...
So what do you think is better, or what are important aspects of these keyboards of which I should know of?

They are both good keyboards from what I hear, I have not used them before. However, they both use black switches going from a black widow to a keyboard with blacks is a big change. It will feel completely different, just so you know. If you like how the black widow feels find a keyboard with those switches in it.
Whatever happens, happens
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 26 2012 04:12 GMT
#2811
On May 26 2012 07:21 DreamOen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 04:05 JingleHell wrote:
On May 26 2012 04:01 DreamOen wrote:
Whats the general opinion here on the 6gv2 steelseries?


If you don't mind the layout, it's a solid keyboard with blacks. Not too violently branded.

I've seen kind of mixed results on keycap printing longevity. Mine are doing pretty good, with the WASD cluster mildly faded, but some people report faster fading.

What do u mind with the layout? hehe I guess I dont mind. And I dont care with the keys longevity, I liked when they went away in my oldie shittie keyboard, looked olschool XD.


I got used to it quick, but the right shift is small, with a backwards "L" shape return key, and the | key is sitting where the left half of right-shift should be.

Annoying until you get used to it, then you utterly stop noticing.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
May 26 2012 04:30 GMT
#2812
On May 26 2012 04:13 FeelTHeBluEZ wrote:
I finally want to buy my next mechanical keyboard, after my Black Widow died, but I don't want to buy a Widow again, it felt a little bit ... cheap tbh :/

Ok, so right now I'm thinking either about the CM Storm Trigger (Black Switches), which costs 130€ here or the Ttesports Meka G1, which costs about 100€ here.
I did already a lot of researching, but most reviews round themselves up with "It's a great keyboard" without too much useful information...
So what do you think is better, or what are important aspects of these keyboards of which I should know of?


Meka G1 has a better reputation, where the Trigger is a little too new to tell, and tip-top durability. Only thing to consider really is the fat braided cord of the Meka G1 and the rounded front-end, if you don't like that.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
May 26 2012 10:16 GMT
#2813
My Noppo Choch came in. It's amazingggg. I love the close F-keys as it's very similar to my laptop keyboard, so I had no issues adjusting to it. The only thing that kind of throws me off is how sensitive the keys are. :o

Other than that, I'm completely satisfied, and it's fcking awesome.
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
May 26 2012 10:47 GMT
#2814
could anyone state the differences between a leopold fc500 and a fc700? looking into getting a red board to replace my blackwidow.
Commentator
wairai
Profile Joined May 2012
Malaysia1000 Posts
May 26 2012 11:08 GMT
#2815
On May 26 2012 19:47 GTR wrote:
could anyone state the differences between a leopold fc500 and a fc700? looking into getting a red board to replace my blackwidow.


FC500 is fullsize keyboard 104 keys
FC700 is a new addition and it is 87 keys or tenkeyless

More differences between the 2 are FC500 keycap is made by ABS materials (cheaper and easier to get shiny looks) and FC700 will come with PBT (higher quality material and more durable)
Yungin' Leanin' with Pourple Drink
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
May 26 2012 11:11 GMT
#2816
On May 26 2012 20:08 wairai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 19:47 GTR wrote:
could anyone state the differences between a leopold fc500 and a fc700? looking into getting a red board to replace my blackwidow.


FC500 is fullsize keyboard 104 keys
FC700 is a new addition and it is 87 keys or tenkeyless

More differences between the 2 are FC500 keycap is made by ABS materials (cheaper and easier to get shiny looks) and FC700 will come with PBT (higher quality material and more durable)


This, if you dont mind a tenkeyless (no numpad) board then FC700 is an amazing buy atm (once they are in stock that is). They look great, have good quality keycaps and are pretty cheap.
Chicken Chaser
Profile Joined July 2010
United States533 Posts
May 26 2012 12:02 GMT
#2817
On May 26 2012 20:11 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 20:08 wairai wrote:
On May 26 2012 19:47 GTR wrote:
could anyone state the differences between a leopold fc500 and a fc700? looking into getting a red board to replace my blackwidow.


FC500 is fullsize keyboard 104 keys
FC700 is a new addition and it is 87 keys or tenkeyless

More differences between the 2 are FC500 keycap is made by ABS materials (cheaper and easier to get shiny looks) and FC700 will come with PBT (higher quality material and more durable)


This, if you dont mind a tenkeyless (no numpad) board then FC700 is an amazing buy atm (once they are in stock that is). They look great, have good quality keycaps and are pretty cheap.


I can vouch for this. Tenkeyless definitely saves desk space, and if you're not going to use the numpad often you won't mind it at all. You'll probably come to prefer TKL more over full-size too.

I have the previous model, the Leopold FC200R. I bought it last year with Cherry MX blue switches. That was my first mechanical keyboard and it felt great, even better than my Thinkpad's keyboard haha. It doesn't feel good for gaming though, but you get used to it. The con with blues for gaming is that RTS/FPS games frequently double tap or move quickly with WASD, and you want instant response times, but the tactile click feel of Cherry MX Blues makes this harder. (Go look up .gifs and youtube videos of the blue switch mechanic.)

On the other hand, switches that are linear (blacks and reds) don't have the tactile feedback. This makes them highly preferable for gaming, but they aren't as impressive for general typing. I recently bought a Leopold FC200R with Cherry MX Reds and they feel like BUTTER. It feels so amazing, but opinions vary.

The most general switch type that is great for first-timers are the Cherry MX Browns. These are tactile, but do not have the click. It's like a cross between the blues and reds.

There are more switch types, but these are the most common. The difference between blacks and reds is that blacks takes more force (55g) to push whereas reds take less force (45g--just like blues and browns).
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
May 26 2012 12:10 GMT
#2818
I just made a purchase of a Ducky Shine with Red LEDs and Brown switches. If anyone is interested in the board, I'd be more than happy to follow up with thoughts/pics/what-have-you when it arrives.

Other than that... I'm quite excited!

Thank you guys for this great thread! I enjoyed scouring it for information before pulling the trigger on this purchase.
Stiluz
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway688 Posts
May 26 2012 12:11 GMT
#2819
Anyone else experienced a kind of slow spacebar on the SS 6GV2? Haven't used mine much, but feels like the spacebar is slower than the rest of the keys at popping back up. Emailed Steelseries about it, but they haven't gotten back to my ticket yet. Don't want to go the trouble of RMAing/sending it back and whatnot if it's avoidable.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
May 26 2012 12:40 GMT
#2820
On May 26 2012 21:11 Stiluz wrote:
Anyone else experienced a kind of slow spacebar on the SS 6GV2? Haven't used mine much, but feels like the spacebar is slower than the rest of the keys at popping back up. Emailed Steelseries about it, but they haven't gotten back to my ticket yet. Don't want to go the trouble of RMAing/sending it back and whatnot if it's avoidable.

It could possibly be the costar stabilizer is not greased.
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 193
ProTech135
Nina 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20711
Dewaltoss 120
Mong 115
Bale 39
ZergMaN 25
Noble 9
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 722
Other Games
summit1g10107
Sick203
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick895
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 30
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2160
League of Legends
• Rush1282
• Lourlo1165
• Stunt155
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 12m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 12m
Replay Cast
17h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.