• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:41
CEST 21:41
KST 04:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9165 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 139

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 383 Next
Hollow
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Canada2180 Posts
May 14 2012 13:12 GMT
#2761
^ LOL

Maybe buy an adapter... that thing is OLD.
RAGEMOAR The Pope
Profile Joined February 2011
United States216 Posts
May 15 2012 04:07 GMT
#2762
Which type of keyboard is the quietest? I'm up later than my parents / siblings / roommates sometimes and I wouldn't want to disturb them while I game.
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
May 15 2012 04:08 GMT
#2763
On May 15 2012 13:07 RAGEMOAR The Pope wrote:
Which type of keyboard is the quietest? I'm up later than my parents / siblings / roommates sometimes and I wouldn't want to disturb them while I game.

Cherry browns, reds, or blacks. They are still louder than normal keyboards though.
Whatever happens, happens
RAGEMOAR The Pope
Profile Joined February 2011
United States216 Posts
May 15 2012 04:27 GMT
#2764
On May 15 2012 13:08 Son of Gnome wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2012 13:07 RAGEMOAR The Pope wrote:
Which type of keyboard is the quietest? I'm up later than my parents / siblings / roommates sometimes and I wouldn't want to disturb them while I game.

Cherry browns, reds, or blacks. They are still louder than normal keyboards though.



Is there any way to silence them?
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-15 04:39:49
May 15 2012 04:35 GMT
#2765
On May 15 2012 13:27 RAGEMOAR The Pope wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2012 13:08 Son of Gnome wrote:
On May 15 2012 13:07 RAGEMOAR The Pope wrote:
Which type of keyboard is the quietest? I'm up later than my parents / siblings / roommates sometimes and I wouldn't want to disturb them while I game.

Cherry browns, reds, or blacks. They are still louder than normal keyboards though.



Is there any way to silence them?

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keyboard-accessories-2/cherry-mx-rubber-switch-dampeners.html
+ Show Spoiler +


I have a custom WASD, with dampeners on every key, and Cherry Blacks. I bought a lot of the accessories like addapters, key cap remover and wrist rest. My keyboard is custom colors too, Black, Red and Grey. It's fucking awesome.

My wife says its at least half as quiet as my Rubber dome, and she loves it. Because, no clicky noise, and no bottoming out click. Though, I didn't anticipate, you still get the release noise, when you come off the key and it springs back up. So it still makes noise, but its super quite compared to just about any keyboard available.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
RAGEMOAR The Pope
Profile Joined February 2011
United States216 Posts
May 15 2012 14:42 GMT
#2766
What key layout is the typical American keyboard (Classic / modern?)

dani`
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands2402 Posts
May 15 2012 14:47 GMT
#2767
On May 15 2012 23:42 RAGEMOAR The Pope wrote:
What key layout is the typical American keyboard (Classic / modern?)


Judging from the image on their site (I assume you were looking at wasdkeyboard), the layout is identical (104 keys), just slight differences in what is printed on the keys (modern leaves out some things, like the arrow on the Shift key, etc).

Compare them here.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
May 16 2012 04:59 GMT
#2768
On May 15 2012 23:42 RAGEMOAR The Pope wrote:
What key layout is the typical American keyboard (Classic / modern?)



Dvorak, if you know what that means.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
May 16 2012 05:06 GMT
#2769
Does anyone know how to apply grease to a mechanical keyboard? More specifically the CM Storm QF Rapid? My "O" key is getting a little stuck sometimes, and I don't really want to use my 2 year warranty now when I've only had it for 2 months :/
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
May 16 2012 06:07 GMT
#2770
On May 15 2012 13:27 RAGEMOAR The Pope wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2012 13:08 Son of Gnome wrote:
On May 15 2012 13:07 RAGEMOAR The Pope wrote:
Which type of keyboard is the quietest? I'm up later than my parents / siblings / roommates sometimes and I wouldn't want to disturb them while I game.

Cherry browns, reds, or blacks. They are still louder than normal keyboards though.



Is there any way to silence them?

Get cherry brown keys and a set of o-rings. It will be almost as quiet as a standard keyboard.

If you're only worried about waking people up... any key type with o-rings will be quiet enough. I have the clicky blue switches... but there's no way the sound would be audible by anyone who isn't in the same room.

It's only the loud CLACK sound of bottoming out that you need to get rid of.
amasokin
Profile Joined November 2011
France3 Posts
May 18 2012 04:00 GMT
#2771
On May 14 2012 12:39 bellaisa wrote:
just got my keys from china.
[image loading]


Wow, where did you get them? I've always liked rainbow-colored layouts, but never found face-printed keys, they really look frickin' great! Also, is this ABS or PBT?

It'd be REALLY nice if you could give us the link where you ordered them

Thanks !
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
G1itch
Profile Joined April 2012
16 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-18 13:53:49
May 18 2012 13:53 GMT
#2772
Hey guys. I've decided that brown switches are probably best for me. I think I want to go with Das (reputable, looks sick), but still on the fence. I have few questions for you gamers:

- For those of you without back-lit keyboards, how do you guys see/know what you're pressing at night?

- Should I then get a back-lit keyboard for nighttime gaming?

- Are brown switches good for FPS and RTS? Or just RTS? Cause I plan of playing CS:GO too.

- Any other really good choices as far a brown switch keyboard.

- Is there a certain way that computer gamers hold their hand(s) on the keyboard when playing?

Thanks guys.
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
May 18 2012 14:17 GMT
#2773
On May 18 2012 22:53 G1itch wrote:
Hey guys. I've decided that brown switches are probably best for me. I think I want to go with Das (reputable, looks sick), but still on the fence. I have few questions for you gamers:

- For those of you without back-lit keyboards, how do you guys see/know what you're pressing at night?

- Should I then get a back-lit keyboard for nighttime gaming?

- Are brown switches good for FPS and RTS? Or just RTS? Cause I plan of playing CS:GO too.

- Any other really good choices as far a brown switch keyboard.

- Is there a certain way that computer gamers hold their hand(s) on the keyboard when playing?

Thanks guys.


I have a blue-switch Das...

- I don't look at the keyboard when I type, so it doesn't matter whether it's night or day

- Only if you don't plan on improving your skillset

- Couldn't say

- Couldn't say

- The principles are the same whether you're typing or gaming.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
orc145626
Profile Joined June 2011
United States25 Posts
May 18 2012 18:07 GMT
#2774
On May 18 2012 22:53 G1itch wrote:
Hey guys. I've decided that brown switches are probably best for me. I think I want to go with Das (reputable, looks sick), but still on the fence. I have few questions for you gamers:

- For those of you without back-lit keyboards, how do you guys see/know what you're pressing at night?

- Should I then get a back-lit keyboard for nighttime gaming?

- Are brown switches good for FPS and RTS? Or just RTS? Cause I plan of playing CS:GO too.

- Any other really good choices as far a brown switch keyboard.

- Is there a certain way that computer gamers hold their hand(s) on the keyboard when playing?

Thanks guys.


if you dont have a backlit keyboard all u need is a 40 watt or better lightbulb and you can see everything fine
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
May 18 2012 19:33 GMT
#2775
On May 18 2012 22:53 G1itch wrote:
Hey guys. I've decided that brown switches are probably best for me. I think I want to go with Das (reputable, looks sick), but still on the fence. I have few questions for you gamers:

- For those of you without back-lit keyboards, how do you guys see/know what you're pressing at night?

- Should I then get a back-lit keyboard for nighttime gaming?
For this part, the primary way people navigate keyboards is muscle memory. I play in the dark all the time and never need a light to navigate my keyboard. The only time I ever look at my keyboard is if I'm using my old 6GV2 because the bottom row layout is different than any other keyboard I have so I make mistakes (Why did they do that? It drives me nuts and is the whole reason I replaced it).

And no, don't get backlight unless you think it looks cool or something. I personally hate it and think it looks cheesy.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 18 2012 19:43 GMT
#2776
I've had a backlit keyboard before, and far from being helpful if you lose your place or whatever, it actually dragged my eyes down, and was a horrid distraction. Light from a different angle can really fuck with your mind when you're trying to play games.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
May 19 2012 02:55 GMT
#2777
you can get a backlit keyboard if u want to show it off and look cool. otherwise it does not help u get better at typing nor gaming in any way
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
May 19 2012 08:07 GMT
#2778
hey guys can you recommend any good reasonable price UK/EU layout mechanical keyboard
i did a few google search and all it came up is keyboards from america and as you guys know shipping cost is a bitch
IM & EG supporter
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
May 19 2012 16:41 GMT
#2779
Hey guys, i got a problem with my das.

Basically, i took the spacebar key out to clean it a little bit and now i can't get it back in, or at least, i can't get it back in properly..

Can anyone tell me how to put it back in? Do i have the metal bar down or up?
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 18:15:59
May 19 2012 18:12 GMT
#2780
On May 19 2012 17:07 AgentChaos wrote:
hey guys can you recommend any good reasonable price UK/EU layout mechanical keyboard
i did a few google search and all it came up is keyboards from america and as you guys know shipping cost is a bitch


UK based = http://www.keyboardco.com/

I'm still in love with my Filco from the Keyboard company. gogo tenkeyless boards!


On May 20 2012 01:41 Josh_rakoons wrote:
Hey guys, i got a problem with my das.

Basically, i took the spacebar key out to clean it a little bit and now i can't get it back in, or at least, i can't get it back in properly..

Can anyone tell me how to put it back in? Do i have the metal bar down or up?


I've been here and back...it's sometimes hard to explain a simple technical procedure.
Support your esport!
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason177
BRAT_OK 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15722
Artosis 671
Mini 249
Dewaltoss 130
ZZZero.O 85
Mind 75
Hyun 39
Bale 27
NaDa 26
Dota 2
qojqva2713
420jenkins586
League of Legends
Doublelift1204
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5987
Khaldor1319
Liquid`Hasu964
MindelVK16
Other Games
summit1g5820
FrodaN2088
B2W.Neo801
byalli584
ToD187
Railgan44
Mew2King39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1200
BasetradeTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
StarCraft 2
angryscii 38
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 36
• StrangeGG 27
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• FirePhoenix6
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie911
• Shiphtur269
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 19m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 19m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.