• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:40
CEST 15:40
KST 22:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9781 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 137

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 383 Next
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
May 05 2012 23:01 GMT
#2721
if you like reds, blacks are worth it if you have a problem with reds being too light. If they're fine for you don't get blacks. Non-linear switches might be fun to try but what do you mean with prove?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
DjRetro
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Chile309 Posts
May 05 2012 23:06 GMT
#2722
Well, i didn't use the right verb lol. I meant "try". Edited. Thanks for answering!.
SpaceSynth-ItaloDisco-HiNRG http://www.radiostaddenhaag.com/
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
May 05 2012 23:45 GMT
#2723
On May 06 2012 07:54 DjRetro wrote:
Hey guys! i want to know your opinion. Currently i'm using a cm storm rapidquickfire red switch. I haven't used any other switch leaving reds aside. So is it worth getting a ttmeka to try with blacks? or definetely should i try with a non-linear switch now?

What do you guys think? does anyone have these two switches? if so, which one do you prefer for different activities?


If you already have linear i would give tactile a chance, although I do love blacks.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
May 07 2012 05:14 GMT
#2724
Just picked up a TT Meka G1. The blacks aren't as bad as some comments make them out to be. Or maybe it's just I'm used to light keystrokes having used brown switches before so I don't really bottom out on the blacks.

Relegating my brown switch keyboard to office work then. Light enough for the typing I have to do all day.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
May 07 2012 05:58 GMT
#2725
LOL. Hellion MOUSE with cherry mx blue switch. Epic. Now our mice is gonna all become mechanical and it's gonna be the new shit :D Wonder how it will work. If you have to press it down alot for it to register it will be horrible for gaming imo.
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
May 07 2012 18:37 GMT
#2726
My right alt and ctrl keys aren't working for my filco blues. Can't find any fixes, tried using different usb ports, cleaning out the keyboard of dust, removing keycaps to check whether the keys were damaged, etc.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
May 08 2012 00:32 GMT
#2727
On May 07 2012 14:58 Thylacine wrote:
LOL. Hellion MOUSE with cherry mx blue switch. Epic. Now our mice is gonna all become mechanical and it's gonna be the new shit :D Wonder how it will work. If you have to press it down alot for it to register it will be horrible for gaming imo.


I went to a store and found a HELLION mouse on display and I played around with it. TBH I find that pretty useless because the mechanical blue switch is on the side button....to me that looks pretty useless. I don't know what other people think about that. The design and grip of the mouse is also very awkward for me...
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 00:41:07
May 08 2012 00:38 GMT
#2728
On May 08 2012 09:32 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 14:58 Thylacine wrote:
LOL. Hellion MOUSE with cherry mx blue switch. Epic. Now our mice is gonna all become mechanical and it's gonna be the new shit :D Wonder how it will work. If you have to press it down alot for it to register it will be horrible for gaming imo.


I went to a store and found a HELLION mouse on display and I played around with it. TBH I find that pretty useless because the mechanical blue switch is on the side button....to me that looks pretty useless. I don't know what other people think about that. The design and grip of the mouse is also very awkward for me...

I was wondering about this since I watched the Iron Lady Leetgion tournament. I honestly though the cherry blue switch was on the left and right clicker of the mouse, dissapointed to hear it's on the side only. Either way I was still skeptical of how that would play out on a comfort level. I like the idea, but I think clickers now are fine the way they are and that they are just using a marketing idea.

On May 08 2012 03:37 EdenPLusDucky wrote:
My right alt and ctrl keys aren't working for my filco blues. Can't find any fixes, tried using different usb ports, cleaning out the keyboard of dust, removing keycaps to check whether the keys were damaged, etc.

If it's just those keys I would argue the mechanical switches are damaged. Unless you spilled water recently in that area or something, but even then I would imagine that more keys would be affected, not just two.
peekn
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 08 2012 02:48 GMT
#2729
On May 07 2012 14:58 Thylacine wrote:
LOL. Hellion MOUSE with cherry mx blue switch. Epic. Now our mice is gonna all become mechanical and it's gonna be the new shit :D Wonder how it will work. If you have to press it down alot for it to register it will be horrible for gaming imo.


If I recall the switches in most mice for the main clicker are a mechanical switch type, forget which type, but they are indeed mechanical. Every wondered why it clicked when you clicked it? And they don't feel like shit like rubber domes do.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
May 08 2012 03:46 GMT
#2730
On May 08 2012 11:48 peekn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 14:58 Thylacine wrote:
LOL. Hellion MOUSE with cherry mx blue switch. Epic. Now our mice is gonna all become mechanical and it's gonna be the new shit :D Wonder how it will work. If you have to press it down alot for it to register it will be horrible for gaming imo.


If I recall the switches in most mice for the main clicker are a mechanical switch type, forget which type, but they are indeed mechanical. Every wondered why it clicked when you clicked it? And they don't feel like shit like rubber domes do.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microswitch
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 11:17:17
May 08 2012 11:16 GMT
#2731
On May 08 2012 09:32 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 14:58 Thylacine wrote:
LOL. Hellion MOUSE with cherry mx blue switch. Epic. Now our mice is gonna all become mechanical and it's gonna be the new shit :D Wonder how it will work. If you have to press it down alot for it to register it will be horrible for gaming imo.


I went to a store and found a HELLION mouse on display and I played around with it. TBH I find that pretty useless because the mechanical blue switch is on the side button....to me that looks pretty useless. I don't know what other people think about that. The design and grip of the mouse is also very awkward for me...


Did you know the mouse is intended to be used for Sc2? It's made for ''kiting, hit and run'' more easier. Instead of A move and run you can use that button.



It's so bad and useless, it's way easier and more accurate to use A move, move and stop etc.

1:20 in the video, look how bad that is...
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
May 08 2012 13:21 GMT
#2732
On May 08 2012 20:16 Thylacine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2012 09:32 exousia_7 wrote:
On May 07 2012 14:58 Thylacine wrote:
LOL. Hellion MOUSE with cherry mx blue switch. Epic. Now our mice is gonna all become mechanical and it's gonna be the new shit :D Wonder how it will work. If you have to press it down alot for it to register it will be horrible for gaming imo.


I went to a store and found a HELLION mouse on display and I played around with it. TBH I find that pretty useless because the mechanical blue switch is on the side button....to me that looks pretty useless. I don't know what other people think about that. The design and grip of the mouse is also very awkward for me...


Did you know the mouse is intended to be used for Sc2? It's made for ''kiting, hit and run'' more easier. Instead of A move and run you can use that button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5AK1gZ_mU&feature=related

It's so bad and useless, it's way easier and more accurate to use A move, move and stop etc.

1:20 in the video, look how bad that is...

I don't understand how that would be useful anyway. It's not like you have anything else to do with your keyboard hand than to hit A when you're microing :D
And even if you're very good at like macroing between stutter steps (which only the very top players can do well anyway), it still requires a lot of coordination, so if you're able to do that with an extra mouse button, you're probably able to do it with a keyboard key instead.
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
May 08 2012 13:48 GMT
#2733
If only one could remap A-Move back to Strg like in early beta - damn those guys that need to remap-spam their Controlgroups forcing Blizz to scrap this ...
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
NicksonReyes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Philippines4431 Posts
May 08 2012 14:06 GMT
#2734
Hey guys, I just bought my first mech keyboard 3 days ago and so far so good. It's Razer BW ultimate(like the only mechanical KB that I can find here). I tried regestering the product on their website and it says that the serial of my keyboard was already registered. What does this mean? Does it indicate something? Should I just let it be and just ignore it? I bought it brand new and it looks/works perfectly/properly.
"Start yo" -FlaSh
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
May 08 2012 14:11 GMT
#2735
On May 08 2012 20:16 Thylacine wrote:

Did you know the mouse is intended to be used for Sc2? It's made for ''kiting, hit and run'' more easier. Instead of A move and run you can use that button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5AK1gZ_mU&feature=related

It's so bad and useless, it's way easier and more accurate to use A move, move and stop etc.

1:20 in the video, look how bad that is...


Yeah I totally need this mouse for Starcraft 2 now because I have a Cherry board with MX blue switches and a CM Storm QFR with MX black switches and both A keys on my keyboards are broken so I need that MX blue switch on the mouse to attack move. = =
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
May 08 2012 14:50 GMT
#2736
On May 08 2012 23:06 NicksonReyes wrote:
Hey guys, I just bought my first mech keyboard 3 days ago and so far so good. It's Razer BW ultimate(like the only mechanical KB that I can find here). I tried regestering the product on their website and it says that the serial of my keyboard was already registered. What does this mean? Does it indicate something? Should I just let it be and just ignore it? I bought it brand new and it looks/works perfectly/properly.


It means you got scammed and won't get a warranty for your keyboard.
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 14:52:47
May 08 2012 14:51 GMT
#2737
On May 08 2012 23:11 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2012 20:16 Thylacine wrote:

Did you know the mouse is intended to be used for Sc2? It's made for ''kiting, hit and run'' more easier. Instead of A move and run you can use that button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5AK1gZ_mU&feature=related

It's so bad and useless, it's way easier and more accurate to use A move, move and stop etc.

1:20 in the video, look how bad that is...


Yeah I totally need this mouse for Starcraft 2 now because I have a Cherry board with MX blue switches and a CM Storm QFR with MX black switches and both A keys on my keyboards are broken so I need that MX blue switch on the mouse to attack move. = =


Remap to Q or W?
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
May 08 2012 15:58 GMT
#2738
On May 08 2012 23:51 EdenPLusDucky wrote:

Remap to Q or W?


That was actually sarcasm....
CAPSLOCKLOL
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States135 Posts
May 08 2012 19:31 GMT
#2739
Does anyone know where I can get a keyboard with the korean alphabet on it along with the english alphabet like my qsenn dt35? I know some Leopold's have it, but I emailed elitekeyboards and haven't heard back yet and not exactly sure if paypal works on the leopold website or how much shipping would run.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
May 08 2012 21:49 GMT
#2740
On May 08 2012 23:06 NicksonReyes wrote:
Hey guys, I just bought my first mech keyboard 3 days ago and so far so good. It's Razer BW ultimate(like the only mechanical KB that I can find here). I tried regestering the product on their website and it says that the serial of my keyboard was already registered. What does this mean? Does it indicate something? Should I just let it be and just ignore it? I bought it brand new and it looks/works perfectly/properly.

Did you buy it from a retail store? I would have a hard time believing the store would rip you off on that. Though if it was a second-handed deal, I wouldn't be surprised. Personally if I was in your situation I would contact Razer support and see what's up.
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 1150
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
CosmosSc2 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48633
Shuttle 7535
FanTaSy 1698
Hyuk 564
Horang2 496
BeSt 471
EffOrt 221
Pusan 207
Mind 156
Last 139
[ Show more ]
Soma 133
Zeus 104
Sexy 90
ggaemo 77
Hyun 76
Sea.KH 68
Killer 67
hero 65
Aegong 57
Snow 49
ToSsGirL 34
PianO 27
Bale 24
NaDa 21
JYJ 18
zelot 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Rock 11
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc2952
qojqva1766
Dendi1229
XcaliburYe275
420jenkins74
Counter-Strike
fl0m3317
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu646
Khaldor598
Other Games
gofns32265
B2W.Neo854
Beastyqt456
byalli440
Mlord346
Livibee192
Hui .160
ArmadaUGS112
Mew2King62
QueenE44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick621
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream61
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2949
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 20m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 20m
Replay Cast
9h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 20m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 20m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.