• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:29
CEST 13:29
KST 20:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10775 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 136

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 134 135 136 137 138 383 Next
.Wilsh.
Profile Joined January 2010
United States133 Posts
May 04 2012 04:10 GMT
#2701
On May 04 2012 13:02 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 07:39 .Wilsh. wrote:
Got my WASD keyboard today!! It's got brown switches and I loooove it!!

Sorry the quality of the picture... it doesn't do the keyboard justice. I might post a better image later.

[image loading]


Great design, the centralised letters look amazing.


Thank you =)

The font is comic sans which is hard to see from the picture.
EienShinwa
Profile Joined May 2010
United States655 Posts
May 04 2012 04:53 GMT
#2702
My God I finally got my Das Keyboard Professional S and it is just amazing. The feel and the typing experience overall that I just get is something I look forward to whenever I come to type on my computer, be it for a research paper, gaming, internet browsing, or whatever. Glad I switched, lol.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Ameisenmann
Profile Joined April 2012
Albania296 Posts
May 04 2012 09:30 GMT
#2703
On May 04 2012 08:11 gEzUS wrote:
LoL im by no means a huge guy, i have pretty slender fingers, and i dont get how you guys think black keys are so hard to press down. I mean honestly ive used bucling springs my whole life, and i jsut got some blacks, and they are fantastic for typing, i get ZERO fatigue........

haters gonna hate !

It has nothing to do with hating on black switches, if you can use them, good for you! But I seriously can't (physically). I'm kind of confused by that as well, something must by wrong with my fingers haha..
Thezftw
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-04 17:11:05
May 04 2012 16:35 GMT
#2704
I just plugged in my new 6gv2 Red Edition (kind of weird, I can't seem to find this model from their website?), and the feel of this keyboard is quite different when comparing to my old Razer Arctosa, which was low profile rubber dome KB.

For a 55€ (I bought this one off from some pro gamer who had won/sponsored/idk some gaming peripherals, this one is all new with original SS seals on the package) this is quite awesome indeed. I think the red cherries are just right and maybe blacks would've felt a bit too stiff for me (funny, as the guy who sold this didn't mention it's red model). I'm not sure if browns (I've never tested them) would've been better but even this beats rubber dome by far. Only issue for now is the weird ass ENTER as I'm used to use the key next to it a lot and now it has been moved to another location :O Going to take a while to get used to it.

Edit. Using this is like a full-out orgasm in my fingers.
zere
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1287 Posts
May 05 2012 07:52 GMT
#2705
On May 05 2012 01:35 Thezftw wrote:
I just plugged in my new 6gv2 Red Edition (kind of weird, I can't seem to find this model from their website?), and the feel of this keyboard is quite different when comparing to my old Razer Arctosa, which was low profile rubber dome KB.


I saw it at some Danish and Finnish online shops. I believe this special edition was made available in scandinavian countries only, with respective layouts.

My Ragnarok set arrived, it's sitting on my poker now. I don't have a camera, so I shamelessly stole this pic from Turbocharged at geekhack:

[image loading]
ModeratorWenn ich einmal traurig bin, dann trink' ich einen Korn. Wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann trink' ich noch 'nen Korn. Und wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann fang' ich an von vorn!
downmaster
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada116 Posts
May 05 2012 07:55 GMT
#2706
On May 05 2012 16:52 zere wrote:
I saw it at some Danish and Finnish online shops. I believe this special edition was made available in scandinavian countries only, with respective layouts.

My Ragnarok set arrived, it's sitting on my poker now. I don't have a camera, so I shamelessly stole this pic from Turbocharged at geekhack:


Nice keyboard, almost makes me want to buy it and get rid of my das. Also how much did you pay for it?
zere
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1287 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-05 08:03:58
May 05 2012 08:01 GMT
#2707
I was lucky enough to get the keyboard with MX-Reds with O-rings from within Germany (ad on a German tech forum) for 90eur shipped; unboxed, but unused. The caps came from a group buy on Geekhack for $63 shipped.
Worth every penny.
ModeratorWenn ich einmal traurig bin, dann trink' ich einen Korn. Wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann trink' ich noch 'nen Korn. Und wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann fang' ich an von vorn!
Thezftw
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland116 Posts
May 05 2012 09:53 GMT
#2708
Now that's compact.
Ameisenmann
Profile Joined April 2012
Albania296 Posts
May 05 2012 10:31 GMT
#2709
On May 05 2012 16:52 zere wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 01:35 Thezftw wrote:
I just plugged in my new 6gv2 Red Edition (kind of weird, I can't seem to find this model from their website?), and the feel of this keyboard is quite different when comparing to my old Razer Arctosa, which was low profile rubber dome KB.


I saw it at some Danish and Finnish online shops. I believe this special edition was made available in scandinavian countries only, with respective layouts.

My Ragnarok set arrived, it's sitting on my poker now. I don't have a camera, so I shamelessly stole this pic from Turbocharged at geekhack:

[image loading]

Wow it looks great! For some reason I really like how the boards look. And red switches of course are lovely as well.
Ameisenmann
Profile Joined April 2012
Albania296 Posts
May 05 2012 11:12 GMT
#2710
The 2 keyboards I use most of the time:

[image loading]
Filco majestouch with red switches
[image loading]
Leopold with brown switches
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
May 05 2012 15:03 GMT
#2711
For anyone who needs a Red switch board, Newegg is selling the Rosewill full-sized (with 10 key pad) keyboard with Cherry Red switches, it's on sale for $80 shipped right now.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
May 05 2012 16:37 GMT
#2712
On May 05 2012 20:12 Ameisenmann wrote:
The 2 keyboards I use most of the time:

[image loading]
Filco majestouch with red switches
[image loading]
Leopold with brown switches


Whats the red things on 3 and 6?
stafu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1196 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-05 17:48:28
May 05 2012 17:47 GMT
#2713
Work (Happy Hacking Pro 2):

[image loading]

Play (Filco Linear R with PBT engraved keycaps):

[image loading]
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
May 05 2012 18:35 GMT
#2714
Yea, so instead of purchasing new glasses frames I decided to spring for the king of keyboards....

+ Show Spoiler +
the Happy Hacking Professional 2



Photos and review when it arrives in less than a week.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
May 05 2012 18:56 GMT
#2715
Does anyone know is there any shop that I can test typing before buying one? I really want to buy one but I'm afraid that it won't suit my hand so I want to try it first? Is there any retailer in the US that sell mechanical keyboards?
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
May 05 2012 19:08 GMT
#2716
;S At least in Finland when you order online you have 14 days to return it if you don't like it so you could try them all and return the ones you don't like o.O They don't have that kind of stuff over there?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
May 05 2012 19:19 GMT
#2717
On May 06 2012 04:08 Shikyo wrote:
;S At least in Finland when you order online you have 14 days to return it if you don't like it so you could try them all and return the ones you don't like o.O They don't have that kind of stuff over there?


Well, I know if I order from Amazon, then I can return it if I don't like but for other shops, I am not sure about that. I just moved to the US so I kinda adapting to how the system works here (there's no returning purchased goods back in Thailand).
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Klyberess
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden345 Posts
May 05 2012 21:32 GMT
#2718
On May 04 2012 07:20 AgentChaos wrote:
hey guys im looking for a mechanical keyboard price around £50~£75
this will be my first mechanical keyboard and i have no idea where to start , looking at the op post all the stores are from us, if someone can direct me to a website that sell keyboard in uk/eu would be much appreciated

I really like my QPAD MK-50 (mx red), should be within your budget. Check Amazon I guess?
EmpireHappy <3 STHack <3 ByunPrime
Thezftw
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-05 22:36:26
May 05 2012 22:35 GMT
#2719
All right, I've been using this 6gv2 red edition for a 1 full day now and guess what

Few keys around WASD have already started to gray off. I mean, the text on them is like sugar coated and will start to wear off very fast ;D Especially those that I abuse while playing SC2/Counter Strike etc.

Good thing is that keycaps seem to be relatively cheap; I may buy a set with letters/icons on the side instead of top or something. God I love mechanical, writing/gaming is so awesome. Why the hell I didn't get one of these earlier as I'm quite a hardcore user anyway.
DjRetro
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Chile309 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-05 23:05:27
May 05 2012 22:54 GMT
#2720
Hey guys! i want to know your opinion. Currently i'm using a cm storm rapidquickfire red switch. I haven't used any other switch leaving reds aside. So is it worth getting a ttmeka to try with blacks? or definetely should i try with a non-linear switch now?

What do you guys think? does anyone have these two switches? if so, which one do you prefer for different activities?
SpaceSynth-ItaloDisco-HiNRG http://www.radiostaddenhaag.com/
Prev 1 134 135 136 137 138 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 587
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings164
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21402
Shuttle 11410
FanTaSy 1795
Hyuk 925
Horang2 577
BeSt 499
Mini 257
Stork 256
Pusan 240
Killer 136
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Zeus 127
Last 123
Mind 98
ggaemo 67
Hyun 60
sorry 52
PianO 45
Snow 39
Bale 33
Sea.KH 31
ToSsGirL 30
JYJ 27
Hm[arnc] 26
Aegong 21
zelot 14
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe411
Counter-Strike
fl0m2022
byalli967
x6flipin241
Other Games
gofns27588
singsing2825
B2W.Neo663
ArmadaUGS85
Mew2King59
Livibee6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick731
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 31m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 31m
Replay Cast
11h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 31m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 31m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.