• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:43
CEST 12:43
KST 19:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12257 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 134

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 383 Next
RYUZbim
Profile Joined December 2011
France48 Posts
April 28 2012 15:31 GMT
#2661
On April 28 2012 19:40 bblack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2012 18:27 exousia_7 wrote:
[B]On April 28 2012 17:53 bblack
Nope, I've tried and tried, but as far as I can tell only the Razer BW is available at some stores in some cities in the Netherlands. I've tried about 5 or 6 computerstores in my own city, none of the employees even knew what a mechanical KB was.


Wow...good luck getting a mech kb online for a good price. I see people post promotions and special sales every now and then on this thread...hope you find a good site with a good deal and low shipping prices cus mech kbs are just so awesome XD

Life is a bitch :p
But I already have one, a Choc mini from qtan, shipping wasn't so terribly expensive as it for some reason it when you buy in the US..
But that one has browns, and the Quickfire storm looks to be great value for money and comes with reds, what I want to try next.
So I was hoping my compatriot found a cheap way to get them here, or was planning a trip or so..

You should definitely check the classified section in GeekHack or the market at Deskthority, i just bought a quickfire (new in box) with mx blue for 80$shipped and earlier i bought a Filco Majestouch with Mx brown for 80e shipped
It's definitely hard to get good price on mech keyboard in EU but it's possible with some good research.
Good luck
buddahbrot
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany47 Posts
April 30 2012 12:03 GMT
#2662
Hey guys,

does anyone know of another 88-Key (ISO) Tenkeyless with MX-Blues other than the Filco Majestouch? I'd love to have a bit more space on my desk but the Flico is really expensive (160€ from keyboardco.com) and others like the Leopold only offer 87-Key ANSI versions. Plus the Quickfire Storm isn't available with blues in Europe.
orc145626
Profile Joined June 2011
United States25 Posts
May 01 2012 15:41 GMT
#2663
i was looking at getting a mech keyboard that isn't very expensive and i was looking at the razer blackwidow and the coolermaster storm are these both good keyboards? and are there any others in the ~$75 price range that are worth looking at? please let me know if you own any of these keyboards and what you think of them.
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 18:19:00
May 01 2012 18:18 GMT
#2664
On April 30 2012 21:03 buddahbrot wrote:
Hey guys,

does anyone know of another 88-Key (ISO) Tenkeyless with MX-Blues other than the Filco Majestouch? I'd love to have a bit more space on my desk but the Flico is really expensive (160€ from keyboardco.com) and others like the Leopold only offer 87-Key ANSI versions. Plus the Quickfire Storm isn't available with blues in Europe.

Noppoo choc mini! I'm probably going to just stick around this thread recommending it on every page, even though I still .... haven't ... got ... mine

Though I'm sorry I don't actually know the difference between ANSI and ISO layouts.
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
kyriores
Profile Joined February 2011
Greece178 Posts
May 01 2012 19:03 GMT
#2665
On May 02 2012 00:41 orc145626 wrote:
i was looking at getting a mech keyboard that isn't very expensive and i was looking at the razer blackwidow and the coolermaster storm are these both good keyboards? and are there any others in the ~$75 price range that are worth looking at? please let me know if you own any of these keyboards and what you think of them.



I own the Razer Blackwidow and I have to say that it is pretty good. If you are switching from a rubber keyboard you will certainly love it, that's all I need to say. However, it seems that quite some Blackwidows turn out to be defective and therefore you will find some negative reviews about the keyboard but it's not that common. I have mine for about 1.5 years now and it still works perfectly, so I guess that you won't have to worry as long as you buy it from a store in your area, so that you can return it at any moment and get a new one, if it actually dies.

The Coolermaster Storm on the other hand is the keyboard I wanna get for my 2nd pc. From reviews I've read it actually seems that it's comparable to the more expensive filcos quality-wise, so I guess it must be pretty good. I don't own it yet though (why u no CM storm amazon.co.uk?), so I can't provide any more info about it. Also, it's tenkeyless (at least the cheap version that costs around ~75$) which means it lacks the numpad and is smaller in size.

Conclusion: Probably the CM storm is a bit better but I really think it comes down to personal preference.. Pick the one you like better visually.

Very casual, Diamond Terran.
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
May 01 2012 19:29 GMT
#2666
On May 02 2012 03:18 Odds wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 21:03 buddahbrot wrote:
Hey guys,

does anyone know of another 88-Key (ISO) Tenkeyless with MX-Blues other than the Filco Majestouch? I'd love to have a bit more space on my desk but the Flico is really expensive (160€ from keyboardco.com) and others like the Leopold only offer 87-Key ANSI versions. Plus the Quickfire Storm isn't available with blues in Europe.

Noppoo choc mini! I'm probably going to just stick around this thread recommending it on every page, even though I still .... haven't ... got ... mine

Though I'm sorry I don't actually know the difference between ANSI and ISO layouts.

No, Noppoos all have the ANSI layout. I have one myself. Used to have ISO layout, got used to ANSI in like 2 days. Plus, this little beauty is great quality for like 80 bucks!
So, I'd pick price over layout, but like most KB things, it's personal
Administrator
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
May 01 2012 19:32 GMT
#2667
On May 02 2012 00:41 orc145626 wrote:
i was looking at getting a mech keyboard that isn't very expensive and i was looking at the razer blackwidow and the coolermaster storm are these both good keyboards? and are there any others in the ~$75 price range that are worth looking at? please let me know if you own any of these keyboards and what you think of them.

Yeah those are great. Also good in this price range is the Noppoo choc mini, just google qtan's shop or go there through geekhack.org.
Most people will say that the Storm is of better quality than the BWU or BW, but has more logos and therefor is less pretty.
Also, Razer sponsors a lot of SC2 related stuff, like TL, so I'd consider going with them just to show your appreciation
Administrator
orc145626
Profile Joined June 2011
United States25 Posts
May 01 2012 19:42 GMT
#2668
thanks for the feedback so far. they both look really nice. a little off topic but what are the best boards money can buy. i only ask because the thread is a little outdated and i have read the links etc etc
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
May 01 2012 19:54 GMT
#2669
Anything with Topre switches. They are about 250-350 dollars
Administrator
orc145626
Profile Joined June 2011
United States25 Posts
May 01 2012 20:16 GMT
#2670
On May 02 2012 04:54 bblack wrote:
Anything with Topre switches. They are about 250-350 dollars


holy shit!
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
May 02 2012 04:19 GMT
#2671
On May 02 2012 04:42 orc145626 wrote:
thanks for the feedback so far. they both look really nice. a little off topic but what are the best boards money can buy. i only ask because the thread is a little outdated and i have read the links etc etc


Ofc Topre as someone mentioned.

But Deck Keyboards are king of the Cherry backlit market.
cydial
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States750 Posts
May 02 2012 08:02 GMT
#2672
On May 02 2012 04:03 kyriores wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 00:41 orc145626 wrote:
i was looking at getting a mech keyboard that isn't very expensive and i was looking at the razer blackwidow and the coolermaster storm are these both good keyboards? and are there any others in the ~$75 price range that are worth looking at? please let me know if you own any of these keyboards and what you think of them.



I own the Razer Blackwidow and I have to say that it is pretty good. If you are switching from a rubber keyboard you will certainly love it, that's all I need to say. However, it seems that quite some Blackwidows turn out to be defective and therefore you will find some negative reviews about the keyboard but it's not that common. I have mine for about 1.5 years now and it still works perfectly, so I guess that you won't have to worry as long as you buy it from a store in your area, so that you can return it at any moment and get a new one, if it actually dies.

The Coolermaster Storm on the other hand is the keyboard I wanna get for my 2nd pc. From reviews I've read it actually seems that it's comparable to the more expensive filcos quality-wise, so I guess it must be pretty good. I don't own it yet though (why u no CM storm amazon.co.uk?), so I can't provide any more info about it. Also, it's tenkeyless (at least the cheap version that costs around ~75$) which means it lacks the numpad and is smaller in size.

Conclusion: Probably the CM storm is a bit better but I really think it comes down to personal preference.. Pick the one you like better visually.



I've had the privilege of taking apart the Black Widow for a friend of mine... it was an abomination of a product. When I put the Black Widow back together the flimsy plastic that made the keys (I really wish they just bought the keycaps from MX) began to fall apart...

The shitty white plastic on the bottom? Ya, that crap apparently is extremely fragile compared to the keycaps made by MX...

I put it back in and after 5-15 minutes of use I notice the key just goes into the keyboard as the whiteplastic falls apart at the peg of the switch.

I personally do not sanction the use or purchase of razer keyboards.

crfty
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States174 Posts
May 02 2012 21:32 GMT
#2673
Just got my TT Meka G1 today, and so far after a short while of gaming and writing, I love it. I will try to remember to post again in maybe two weeks to report any cons or other aspects of it, but I love it so far!
Uberfetus
Profile Joined April 2012
31 Posts
May 02 2012 22:19 GMT
#2674
Have been using my Quickfire Pro keyboard for a couple nights now, really like it. Still getting used to it though, been on laptop keyboards for about 4 years now, and definitely a change. Love love love love love it though. Very responsive, I kind of do not like how only a thirf of the keyboard lights up, but it is still better than nothing, as I wanted some backlighting for a sub 100 dollar keyboard.

Very highly recommend this keyboard, very slick!!
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
May 03 2012 00:24 GMT
#2675
On May 02 2012 04:29 bblack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 03:18 Odds wrote:
On April 30 2012 21:03 buddahbrot wrote:
Hey guys,

does anyone know of another 88-Key (ISO) Tenkeyless with MX-Blues other than the Filco Majestouch? I'd love to have a bit more space on my desk but the Flico is really expensive (160€ from keyboardco.com) and others like the Leopold only offer 87-Key ANSI versions. Plus the Quickfire Storm isn't available with blues in Europe.

Noppoo choc mini! I'm probably going to just stick around this thread recommending it on every page, even though I still .... haven't ... got ... mine

Though I'm sorry I don't actually know the difference between ANSI and ISO layouts.

No, Noppoos all have the ANSI layout. I have one myself. Used to have ISO layout, got used to ANSI in like 2 days. Plus, this little beauty is great quality for like 80 bucks!
So, I'd pick price over layout, but like most KB things, it's personal

Depends on the mini. One of my minis has a delete key in a really awkward position, and switch lock key that cannot be rebound in the top right (key doesn't even register to the OS ). Can't get used to that :\
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
May 03 2012 04:44 GMT
#2676
On May 03 2012 07:19 Uberfetus wrote:
Have been using my Quickfire Pro keyboard for a couple nights now, really like it. Still getting used to it though, been on laptop keyboards for about 4 years now, and definitely a change. Love love love love love it though. Very responsive, I kind of do not like how only a thirf of the keyboard lights up, but it is still better than nothing, as I wanted some backlighting for a sub 100 dollar keyboard.

Very highly recommend this keyboard, very slick!!


What switch did you get on the Quick Fire Pro??
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
May 03 2012 05:02 GMT
#2677
On May 02 2012 04:42 orc145626 wrote:
thanks for the feedback so far. they both look really nice. a little off topic but what are the best boards money can buy. i only ask because the thread is a little outdated and i have read the links etc etc


How so?
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
bgalang92
Profile Joined February 2011
United States155 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-03 05:04:45
May 03 2012 05:04 GMT
#2678
On May 02 2012 04:03 kyriores wrote:
The Coolermaster Storm on the other hand is the keyboard I wanna get for my 2nd pc. From reviews I've read it actually seems that it's comparable to the more expensive filcos quality-wise, so I guess it must be pretty good. I don't own it yet though (why u no CM storm amazon.co.uk?), so I can't provide any more info about it. Also, it's tenkeyless (at least the cheap version that costs around ~75$) which means it lacks the numpad and is smaller in size.

Conclusion: Probably the CM storm is a bit better but I really think it comes down to personal preference.. Pick the one you like better visually.



I've been using the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid for about two months and it's amazing. Feels so much better than any other mechanical I've felt, directly compared to Black Widow its keys and overall feel is MUCH better. Highly reccomend it.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
May 03 2012 06:33 GMT
#2679
I just got a meka g1 too and i like it. The keys are really heavy though and im not quite used to it yet. After playing 25 or so games on it today my fingers are really really tired. Everything feels great though in terms of typing and playing. I can definitely see myself getting used to this and enjoying typing more because of it.
Brandisimo
Profile Joined April 2012
15 Posts
May 03 2012 06:52 GMT
#2680
Hello all, I am a master rank terran and I frequently watch lastshadows stream and he said that investing in a mechanical keyboard was a mistake as it weakens the tendens in your fingers and can lead to damage. Now I was thinking of buying a mechanical keyboard for gaming but if it is going to cause damage to the tendons in my fingers then I def dont want to buy one. So my question is, is he right? Does it cause damage? Or is he far off base?

Thank You!
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings136
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11291
FanTaSy 1399
Hyuk 845
Horang2 577
BeSt 507
Pusan 244
Stork 196
Killer 116
Zeus 109
Mind 105
[ Show more ]
sorry 103
Last 97
Hyun 57
EffOrt 53
ggaemo 52
PianO 49
ToSsGirL 41
Snow 37
Bale 35
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 21
Aegong 16
Sacsri 11
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe161
Counter-Strike
fl0m1109
byalli695
x6flipin219
Other Games
gofns38462
singsing2543
ArmadaUGS85
Mew2King72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 17m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 17m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 17m
Replay Cast
12h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.