• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:44
CEST 12:44
KST 19:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12218 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 133

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 383 Next
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
April 26 2012 02:36 GMT
#2641
Just got my new CM Storm Quickfire Rapid keyboard... this will definitely take some getting used to. The feel is so different from a regular keyboard. I'm definitely going to have to get some O-rings... I knew it would be loud, but this thing really surprised me with the volume of the CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK.

I was previously using an old Dell RT7D50... the thing I really miss the most is the extra-tall spacebar. It has a large, easy-to-hit spacebar that I can just rest my thumb on... in the same position on the Quickfire, my thumb is sitting uncomfortably on the corner of the thinner spacebar.

I wonder if anyone's making mechanical keyboards with the larger spacebar right now? I didn't see any while I was shopping around last week.

Still, I think I can definitely get used to the feeling of the mechanical keyboard. After using it for only an hour, trying the Dell one again felt mushy and slow.
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
April 26 2012 06:34 GMT
#2642
On April 26 2012 01:36 Mowr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2012 03:39 oGoZenob wrote:
I've found a review of the zowie celeritas, (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mechanical-switch-keyboard,2955-15.html) where it says that the keys are closer to each other than other similar keyboards. I really wanted to buy it, but since I have huge hands, it scares me. Has anyone tried it ? are the keys that close ?

Either you can't read or they can't write but the keys are completely standard, like any other mechanical keyboard. The distance between different "sections" of keys are a bit smaller than some common keyboards though. E.g., the distance between the arrow keys and the numpad are a few mm:s shorter.

my reading is fine, thank you
"The keyboard is smaller than the other candidates, so the keys are a little closer together than on the other keyboards we've tested. This is not a major disadvantage, but it requires a slight adjustment for users accustomed to keyboards wider than 40 cm. Only gamers with very large hands or strong fingers would be better off with another product. "
I like starcraft
Mowr
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden791 Posts
April 26 2012 06:53 GMT
#2643
On April 26 2012 15:34 oGoZenob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 01:36 Mowr wrote:
On April 25 2012 03:39 oGoZenob wrote:
I've found a review of the zowie celeritas, (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mechanical-switch-keyboard,2955-15.html) where it says that the keys are closer to each other than other similar keyboards. I really wanted to buy it, but since I have huge hands, it scares me. Has anyone tried it ? are the keys that close ?

Either you can't read or they can't write but the keys are completely standard, like any other mechanical keyboard. The distance between different "sections" of keys are a bit smaller than some common keyboards though. E.g., the distance between the arrow keys and the numpad are a few mm:s shorter.

my reading is fine, thank you
"The keyboard is smaller than the other candidates, so the keys are a little closer together than on the other keyboards we've tested. This is not a major disadvantage, but it requires a slight adjustment for users accustomed to keyboards wider than 40 cm. Only gamers with very large hands or strong fingers would be better off with another product. "

Well I am happy for you. Then it is like I said, they can't phrase properly or they they don't know what they are talking about. Being over all a smaller keyboard does not mean that the distance between or size of individual keys are smaller. I.e. for example the distance between tab and enter is exactly the same. I even measured it with a ruler and compared it to two generic rubber dome keyboards. Just for you <3
Kill one man and they'll call you a murderer. Kill an army of men and they'll call you a general. But kill all men and they'll call you a god.
Ameisenmann
Profile Joined April 2012
Albania296 Posts
April 26 2012 16:13 GMT
#2644
A question to owners of topre boards: how do they feel compared to the cherry switches? I'm kind of addicted to collecting keyboards and I'm thinking about adding a topre board - the thing is, I can't really get a clear picture of what they feel like and getting my hands on one to test it IRL would be pretty much impossible. I'm mainly curious about the required force, as I really dislike mx blacks. But seeing that they take 30-55g to active it should be that bad, right?
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
April 27 2012 00:27 GMT
#2645
This ducky keyboard or the quickfire rapid pro?
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
April 27 2012 01:54 GMT
#2646
coolermaster quickfire pro http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129003 i have the 10 kless with red switches. Made by the same company that manufactures filco boards
For the Dominion!
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
April 27 2012 01:54 GMT
#2647
On April 27 2012 09:27 Alryk wrote:
This ducky keyboard or the quickfire rapid pro?




quickfire
For the Dominion!
KhAmun
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1005 Posts
April 27 2012 02:16 GMT
#2648
On April 27 2012 10:54 m1rk3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 09:27 Alryk wrote:
This ducky keyboard or the quickfire rapid pro?




quickfire


Care to elaborate?
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 27 2012 04:12 GMT
#2649
On April 27 2012 11:16 KhAmun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 10:54 m1rk3 wrote:
On April 27 2012 09:27 Alryk wrote:
This ducky keyboard or the quickfire rapid pro?




quickfire


Care to elaborate?


Tis better quality and slightly cheaper, the CM storm tenkeyless is pretty much the best value keyboard around atm. Definitely worth getting the CM if the large amount of CM logos etc don't bother you.
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
April 27 2012 07:28 GMT
#2650
On April 27 2012 13:12 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 11:16 KhAmun wrote:
On April 27 2012 10:54 m1rk3 wrote:
On April 27 2012 09:27 Alryk wrote:
This ducky keyboard or the quickfire rapid pro?




quickfire


Care to elaborate?


Tis better quality and slightly cheaper, the CM storm tenkeyless is pretty much the best value keyboard around atm. Definitely worth getting the CM if the large amount of CM logos etc don't bother you.


There's one thing that worries me about the CM keyboards, does it have a windows key? Or is it the same deal as steelseries, a function key in it's place? To me that would be an absolute dealbreaker as the windows key is the most useful key of the entire keyboard by far..
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
April 27 2012 07:37 GMT
#2651
I figured this was my thread so I could post this. Couldn't think of a witty way to relate it to keyboards, so I won't. But, I'm in love with this track today. Heard it in a mixtape...

+ Show Spoiler +
http://vimeo.com/23677713
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 27 2012 07:43 GMT
#2652
On April 27 2012 16:28 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 13:12 Blaec wrote:
On April 27 2012 11:16 KhAmun wrote:
On April 27 2012 10:54 m1rk3 wrote:
On April 27 2012 09:27 Alryk wrote:
This ducky keyboard or the quickfire rapid pro?




quickfire


Care to elaborate?


Tis better quality and slightly cheaper, the CM storm tenkeyless is pretty much the best value keyboard around atm. Definitely worth getting the CM if the large amount of CM logos etc don't bother you.


There's one thing that worries me about the CM keyboards, does it have a windows key? Or is it the same deal as steelseries, a function key in it's place? To me that would be an absolute dealbreaker as the windows key is the most useful key of the entire keyboard by far..


It has a function key instead of the menu key (the one right of the right windows). So im pretty sure the windows keys still work, they just have CM logos on them.
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
April 27 2012 07:46 GMT
#2653
On April 27 2012 16:43 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 16:28 Fragile51 wrote:
On April 27 2012 13:12 Blaec wrote:
On April 27 2012 11:16 KhAmun wrote:
On April 27 2012 10:54 m1rk3 wrote:
On April 27 2012 09:27 Alryk wrote:
This ducky keyboard or the quickfire rapid pro?




quickfire


Care to elaborate?


Tis better quality and slightly cheaper, the CM storm tenkeyless is pretty much the best value keyboard around atm. Definitely worth getting the CM if the large amount of CM logos etc don't bother you.


There's one thing that worries me about the CM keyboards, does it have a windows key? Or is it the same deal as steelseries, a function key in it's place? To me that would be an absolute dealbreaker as the windows key is the most useful key of the entire keyboard by far..


It has a function key instead of the menu key (the one right of the right windows). So im pretty sure the windows keys still work, they just have CM logos on them.


Ah, alright. Just checking Thanks!
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
April 27 2012 18:13 GMT
#2654
On April 27 2012 16:46 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 16:43 Blaec wrote:
On April 27 2012 16:28 Fragile51 wrote:
On April 27 2012 13:12 Blaec wrote:
On April 27 2012 11:16 KhAmun wrote:
On April 27 2012 10:54 m1rk3 wrote:
On April 27 2012 09:27 Alryk wrote:
This ducky keyboard or the quickfire rapid pro?




quickfire


Care to elaborate?


Tis better quality and slightly cheaper, the CM storm tenkeyless is pretty much the best value keyboard around atm. Definitely worth getting the CM if the large amount of CM logos etc don't bother you.


There's one thing that worries me about the CM keyboards, does it have a windows key? Or is it the same deal as steelseries, a function key in it's place? To me that would be an absolute dealbreaker as the windows key is the most useful key of the entire keyboard by far..


It has a function key instead of the menu key (the one right of the right windows). So im pretty sure the windows keys still work, they just have CM logos on them.


Ah, alright. Just checking Thanks!


Yeah I wanted a QF storm as well, but don't they charge like 40-50 extra bucks for shipping it to the Netherlands?
That kinda reduces the best value thing about it
Administrator
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 28 2012 01:35 GMT
#2655
On April 28 2012 03:13 bblack wrote:

Yeah I wanted a QF storm as well, but don't they charge like 40-50 extra bucks for shipping it to the Netherlands?
That kinda reduces the best value thing about it


There are no local stores that sell them??
Nikoras
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States115 Posts
April 28 2012 02:19 GMT
#2656
Quickfire is nice, after about a month of using it I think I might like brown switches just a tad bit better though. I have a Zowie but the spacebar seems a little wonky and the keycaps need cleaning. I think I might switch back to the zowie eventually. To be honest tenkeyless doesn't matter so much to me as I actually feel a little more comfortable with that wider distance between my mouse and keyboard.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
April 28 2012 03:13 GMT
#2657
On April 27 2012 01:13 Ameisenmann wrote:
A question to owners of topre boards: how do they feel compared to the cherry switches? I'm kind of addicted to collecting keyboards and I'm thinking about adding a topre board - the thing is, I can't really get a clear picture of what they feel like and getting my hands on one to test it IRL would be pretty much impossible. I'm mainly curious about the required force, as I really dislike mx blacks. But seeing that they take 30-55g to active it should be that bad, right?

They feel less mechanical. They're far smoother and much less noisy. It's kind of difficult to explain... but either way they're not too stiff at all, especially the alternating force keyboard. In fact it's the only keyboard that doesn't strain my pinky fingers after extensive typing. They're kind of tough to type with without bottoming out because they bottom out so easily after actuation but even so after a while it becomes possible. It's easier on the 30g keys in my opinion.

The construction is rock solid and stable, best build quality I've seen, even better than Model M. However if you really love the mechanical feel you might be disappointed because they are very quiet and smooth and as I said, don't feel so mechanical. Either way it's by far the most pleasurable keyboard to type with in my opinion. Worth the price though? Debatable...
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
April 28 2012 08:53 GMT
#2658
On April 28 2012 10:35 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2012 03:13 bblack wrote:

Yeah I wanted a QF storm as well, but don't they charge like 40-50 extra bucks for shipping it to the Netherlands?
That kinda reduces the best value thing about it


There are no local stores that sell them??

Nope, I've tried and tried, but as far as I can tell only the Razer BW is available at some stores in some cities in the Netherlands. I've tried about 5 or 6 computerstores in my own city, none of the employees even knew what a mechanical KB was.
Administrator
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 28 2012 09:27 GMT
#2659
[B]On April 28 2012 17:53 bblack
Nope, I've tried and tried, but as far as I can tell only the Razer BW is available at some stores in some cities in the Netherlands. I've tried about 5 or 6 computerstores in my own city, none of the employees even knew what a mechanical KB was.


Wow...good luck getting a mech kb online for a good price. I see people post promotions and special sales every now and then on this thread...hope you find a good site with a good deal and low shipping prices cus mech kbs are just so awesome XD
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
April 28 2012 10:40 GMT
#2660
On April 28 2012 18:27 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
[B]On April 28 2012 17:53 bblack
Nope, I've tried and tried, but as far as I can tell only the Razer BW is available at some stores in some cities in the Netherlands. I've tried about 5 or 6 computerstores in my own city, none of the employees even knew what a mechanical KB was.


Wow...good luck getting a mech kb online for a good price. I see people post promotions and special sales every now and then on this thread...hope you find a good site with a good deal and low shipping prices cus mech kbs are just so awesome XD

Life is a bitch :p
But I already have one, a Choc mini from qtan, shipping wasn't so terribly expensive as it for some reason it when you buy in the US..
But that one has browns, and the Quickfire storm looks to be great value for money and comes with reds, what I want to try next.
So I was hoping my compatriot found a cheap way to get them here, or was planning a trip or so..
Administrator
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings136
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11291
FanTaSy 1399
Hyuk 845
Horang2 577
BeSt 507
Pusan 244
Stork 196
Killer 116
Zeus 109
Mind 105
[ Show more ]
sorry 103
Last 97
Hyun 57
EffOrt 53
ggaemo 52
PianO 49
ToSsGirL 41
Snow 37
Bale 35
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 21
Aegong 16
Sacsri 11
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe161
Counter-Strike
fl0m1109
byalli695
x6flipin219
Other Games
gofns38462
singsing2543
ArmadaUGS85
Mew2King72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 17m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 17m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 17m
Replay Cast
12h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.