• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:34
CEST 16:34
KST 23:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8173 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 132

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 130 131 132 133 134 383 Next
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 22 2012 12:27 GMT
#2621
Just out of curiosity... are there black and brown switch versions of the CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid in none Asian countries?? I can't seem to find anyone to share my QFR black switch keyboard experience with anyone here =(
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
April 22 2012 12:35 GMT
#2622
On April 22 2012 02:53 TurboMaN wrote:
How long does it take to fully adapt to a mechanical keyboard?
Just switchted from a rubberdome to a Zowie Celeritas (Browns) and though I make so many mistakes ingame which I didn't with my old rubberdome keyboard. Selecting troops and reasigning them to the wrong group etc etc cause the keys push so easily. One week, one month? Playing with 220 APM on a rubberdome or on a mechanical is so much different!


When I got my DAS, it took me the whole of... 60 seconds? I guess it depends what keyboard you're coming from, your skill as a typist, etc.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
April 22 2012 13:02 GMT
#2623
On April 22 2012 21:27 exousia_7 wrote:
Just out of curiosity... are there black and brown switch versions of the CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid in none Asian countries?? I can't seem to find anyone to share my QFR black switch keyboard experience with anyone here =(



No there are not. They are manufacturing full sized keyboards with all four switch types (red, brown, black and blue) Don't know when they will be out. Check the coolermaster online store or if possible sign up for email alerts.
For the Dominion!
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
April 22 2012 13:38 GMT
#2624
Got to try a CMstorm cherry blue keyboard during an event and MY GOD I WANT THIS NOW!
I have a Filco Cherry Brown and Filco Cherry black currently and some blue switches would be great.

Will get them after I get my audio setup done.
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
April 22 2012 23:33 GMT
#2625
Pretty interesting. A mouse with a mechnical switch. http://www.leetgion.com/products.php
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
April 22 2012 23:42 GMT
#2626
On April 22 2012 22:38 Valashu wrote:
Got to try a CMstorm cherry blue keyboard during an event and MY GOD I WANT THIS NOW!
I have a Filco Cherry Brown and Filco Cherry black currently and some blue switches would be great.

Will get them after I get my audio setup done.


I have blackwidow (blues) and cm storm reds. I was planning on selling the black widow, but I decided to keep it because I still love typing on the blues
For the Dominion!
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
April 23 2012 00:17 GMT
#2627
On April 22 2012 22:38 Valashu wrote:
Got to try a CMstorm cherry blue keyboard during an event and MY GOD I WANT THIS NOW!
I have a Filco Cherry Brown and Filco Cherry black currently and some blue switches would be great.

Will get them after I get my audio setup done.

I for some reason greatly prefer buckling springs over blues o.O
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
zere
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1287 Posts
April 23 2012 06:54 GMT
#2628
On April 23 2012 08:33 slytown wrote:
Pretty interesting. A mouse with a mechnical switch. http://www.leetgion.com/products.php


I believe the usual suspects (like Omrons) which are used by other mice are mechanical, as well.
ModeratorWenn ich einmal traurig bin, dann trink' ich einen Korn. Wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann trink' ich noch 'nen Korn. Und wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann fang' ich an von vorn!
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 07:06:00
April 23 2012 07:05 GMT
#2629
Jesus christ, I ordered my choc mini from intelligent-pro on ebay 24 days ago and it has still not arrived.

Going to qtan next time, if there is a next time.
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
April 23 2012 07:11 GMT
#2630
On April 23 2012 16:05 Odds wrote:
Jesus christ, I ordered my choc mini from intelligent-pro on ebay 24 days ago and it has still not arrived.

Going to qtan next time, if there is a next time.

probably had trouble with customs, or just is taking forever. I've had international packages take up to 4 weeks.
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
April 23 2012 07:41 GMT
#2631
On April 23 2012 16:05 Odds wrote:
Jesus christ, I ordered my choc mini from intelligent-pro on ebay 24 days ago and it has still not arrived.

Going to qtan next time, if there is a next time.

The one I got while in China shipped in 1 day. The one I got shipped internationally for work took like a month to show up. Just be patient, or take a vacation to China.
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
April 23 2012 21:50 GMT
#2632
An update and an actual question:

On April 21 2012 11:30 phar wrote:THE DELETE KEY IS WHERE THE END KEY IS SUPPOSED TO BE What the hell.


So I guess I'm just going to have to physically move the keycaps and remap in software with xmodmap.


Apparently newer noppoo choc minis have a "Switch Lock" key which toggles your keyboard back and forth between old school ctrl location (ctrl used to be where capslock is on modern keyboards, e.g. if you've ever had any old sun boxes in a comp lab).

However, I don't really care about this (in fact capslock on my machine is forcefully set to be lctrl). I would like to change "Switch Lock" to be "delete" instead, as it is on my old noppoo. BUT, apparently this key doesn't register at all to the OS. Windows and Linux, I can't even get to register on a utility like xev. It's as though that key doesn't even send a signal to the
computer.

Am I completely fucked on this? Anyone been able to change Switch Lock via software? (Really not interested in cracking open the board and attacking it with a soldering iron)


Getting used to two separate locations for 'delete' is going to get real annoying real fast.
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
Zx_Storm
Profile Joined November 2010
United States49 Posts
April 24 2012 10:48 GMT
#2633
On April 23 2012 16:05 Odds wrote:
Jesus christ, I ordered my choc mini from intelligent-pro on ebay 24 days ago and it has still not arrived.

Going to qtan next time, if there is a next time.



Really? I ordered mine like... on the 11th of April, and it got here today. Too bad, I'm sending it back to get the browns lol
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
April 24 2012 18:39 GMT
#2634
I've found a review of the zowie celeritas, (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mechanical-switch-keyboard,2955-15.html) where it says that the keys are closer to each other than other similar keyboards. I really wanted to buy it, but since I have huge hands, it scares me. Has anyone tried it ? are the keys that close ?
I like starcraft
MorT83
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany12 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 16:08:01
April 25 2012 16:05 GMT
#2635
@oGoZenob Have a celeritas in use and didn't notice that the keys are closer to each other. Have just compared it to my old keyboard, I don't see a difference.
Mowr
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden791 Posts
April 25 2012 16:36 GMT
#2636
On April 25 2012 03:39 oGoZenob wrote:
I've found a review of the zowie celeritas, (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mechanical-switch-keyboard,2955-15.html) where it says that the keys are closer to each other than other similar keyboards. I really wanted to buy it, but since I have huge hands, it scares me. Has anyone tried it ? are the keys that close ?

Either you can't read or they can't write but the keys are completely standard, like any other mechanical keyboard. The distance between different "sections" of keys are a bit smaller than some common keyboards though. E.g., the distance between the arrow keys and the numpad are a few mm:s shorter.
Kill one man and they'll call you a murderer. Kill an army of men and they'll call you a general. But kill all men and they'll call you a god.
Ameisenmann
Profile Joined April 2012
Albania296 Posts
April 25 2012 17:52 GMT
#2637
On April 26 2012 01:05 MorT83 wrote:
@oGoZenob Have a celeritas in use and didn't notice that the keys are closer to each other. Have just compared it to my old keyboard, I don't see a difference.

Same here, never noticed anything like that while using it.
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
April 25 2012 22:40 GMT
#2638
Quick question though it seems pretty obvious, but anyway I thought about getting a mech keyboard but decided not to cause i need the $$$ right now and don't really go on the computer that much.

With that said should i just buy the most comfortable cheap piece of crap keyboard i can get online? There will be no difference in performance between a 10$-50$ keyboard if they aren't mechanical right?
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 23:40:22
April 25 2012 23:38 GMT
#2639
On April 26 2012 07:40 DreamChaser wrote:
Quick question though it seems pretty obvious, but anyway I thought about getting a mech keyboard but decided not to cause i need the $$$ right now and don't really go on the computer that much.

With that said should i just buy the most comfortable cheap piece of crap keyboard i can get online? There will be no difference in performance between a 10$-50$ keyboard if they aren't mechanical right?

In all honesty, you don't really even need a mechanical keyboard. It doesn't greatly improve your game-play, if only a little in my opinion. Though my CM Storm QF still feels so great to type on after a month of using it. I'll still never going back to a rubber dome keyboard because of the comparisons between the two types of keyboards in terms of comfort. The same should hold true to non-mechanical keyboards. The only difference I would believe would be in the extra features, such as LED back lit keyboards, macro key functions, media key functions, etc.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 26 2012 00:23 GMT
#2640
On April 26 2012 07:40 DreamChaser wrote:
Quick question though it seems pretty obvious, but anyway I thought about getting a mech keyboard but decided not to cause i need the $$$ right now and don't really go on the computer that much.

With that said should i just buy the most comfortable cheap piece of crap keyboard i can get online? There will be no difference in performance between a 10$-50$ keyboard if they aren't mechanical right?


Check out the i-rocks kr-6260. it is a cheap membrane keyboard with a POM plunger design under each key to make it "feel" like a mech keyboard. I've tried it before, and it does provide a pretty comfortable typing experience. It does not compare to a mech keyboard but it does provide the feeling of it.
Prev 1 130 131 132 133 134 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 389
ProTech143
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33413
Bisu 2990
Shuttle 1721
Hyuk 1321
EffOrt 695
Mini 683
Larva 347
Soma 286
ZerO 257
firebathero 241
[ Show more ]
hero 92
Zeus 91
Last 85
Sexy 80
Mong 42
Hyun 42
Killer 39
Pusan 35
Trap 34
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Hm[arnc] 31
Aegong 27
PianO 27
sorry 24
zelot 16
Rock 14
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Sacsri 8
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7346
qojqva1425
Dendi959
Counter-Strike
fl0m2053
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1355
crisheroes901
Liquid`Hasu551
Lowko401
Other Games
singsing2636
B2W.Neo1314
Beastyqt369
Livibee204
Hui .195
Liquid`VortiX155
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King88
KnowMe86
elazer58
CosmosSc2 24
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7341
• WagamamaTV197
League of Legends
• Jankos1884
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 26m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 26m
INu's Battles
21h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.