• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:32
CEST 14:32
KST 21:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13492 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 130

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 383 Next
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 19 2012 16:21 GMT
#2581
On April 20 2012 00:34 jetburger wrote:

(Actually, I will probably wait 1 or 2 days before placing my order. That's my personal anti-impulse-buy mechanism.)


That is a good move. Im a fan of research what you want, write down your findings. Then come back to the findings in a week, if they make sense then go for it, if they don't its time for more research.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
April 19 2012 22:22 GMT
#2582
Now I've replaced the IBM keyboard keys and I also took a look inside them, there indeed is a spring so I guess it's that one.

Also I'm incredibly excited because as I checked inside the numpad 0 key I noticed that the spring was curled up so i took a knife and managed to straighten it and now that key works perfectly as well! ^_^ So now the keys are in proper places, every key works and the feel is amazing. =) Tomorrow I'll just need to clean this and it'll be gorgeous.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
April 20 2012 00:19 GMT
#2583
for canada dwellers who are interested in a blue-switch keyboard, i highly recommend this. its a daily deal so i think this will end in 4-7 hours depending at what time zone they end it at. 55$ for a Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Blue). Hope some of you take advantage! (btw this is for canadians only iirc)

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_273_274&item_id=042921
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 20 2012 00:51 GMT
#2584
On April 20 2012 07:22 Shikyo wrote:
Now I've replaced the IBM keyboard keys and I also took a look inside them, there indeed is a spring so I guess it's that one.

Also I'm incredibly excited because as I checked inside the numpad 0 key I noticed that the spring was curled up so i took a knife and managed to straighten it and now that key works perfectly as well! ^_^ So now the keys are in proper places, every key works and the feel is amazing. =) Tomorrow I'll just need to clean this and it'll be gorgeous.


Sweet! Can you upload pics of it??
Demonhunter04
Profile Joined July 2011
1530 Posts
April 20 2012 06:29 GMT
#2585
I've been wanting to get a mechanical keyboard for some time, and from my little research I really liked the ZOWIE Celeritas. A good portion of the reviews I read said that the spacebar on the keyboard is all weird and mushy, though. A few other people said that the spacebar was just fine. Can anyone confirm if the spacebar is supposed to be different?
"If you don't drop sweat today, you will drop tears tomorrow" - SlayerSMMA
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 20 2012 06:33 GMT
#2586
On April 20 2012 15:29 Demonhunter04 wrote:
I've been wanting to get a mechanical keyboard for some time, and from my little research I really liked the ZOWIE Celeritas. A good portion of the reviews I read said that the spacebar on the keyboard is all weird and mushy, though. A few other people said that the spacebar was just fine. Can anyone confirm if the spacebar is supposed to be different?


I have never used the Celebritas before, but I know some keyboards have different switches for their spacebar because the company believes it will accomodate the unconscious larger force exerted from the thumb. Ducky keyboards tend to do this a lot.
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
April 20 2012 06:43 GMT
#2587
On April 20 2012 15:29 Demonhunter04 wrote:
I've been wanting to get a mechanical keyboard for some time, and from my little research I really liked the ZOWIE Celeritas. A good portion of the reviews I read said that the spacebar on the keyboard is all weird and mushy, though. A few other people said that the spacebar was just fine. Can anyone confirm if the spacebar is supposed to be different?


I've read it apparently uses Cherry MX black switches for the spacebar, opposed to Cherry MX brown on the other keys.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
April 20 2012 06:46 GMT
#2588
On April 20 2012 15:43 rebdomine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 15:29 Demonhunter04 wrote:
I've been wanting to get a mechanical keyboard for some time, and from my little research I really liked the ZOWIE Celeritas. A good portion of the reviews I read said that the spacebar on the keyboard is all weird and mushy, though. A few other people said that the spacebar was just fine. Can anyone confirm if the spacebar is supposed to be different?


I've read it apparently uses Cherry MX black switches for the spacebar, opposed to Cherry MX brown on the other keys.

It does have a black in the spacebar.
Whatever happens, happens
Demonhunter04
Profile Joined July 2011
1530 Posts
April 20 2012 06:48 GMT
#2589
On April 20 2012 15:46 Son of Gnome wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 15:43 rebdomine wrote:
On April 20 2012 15:29 Demonhunter04 wrote:
I've been wanting to get a mechanical keyboard for some time, and from my little research I really liked the ZOWIE Celeritas. A good portion of the reviews I read said that the spacebar on the keyboard is all weird and mushy, though. A few other people said that the spacebar was just fine. Can anyone confirm if the spacebar is supposed to be different?


I've read it apparently uses Cherry MX black switches for the spacebar, opposed to Cherry MX brown on the other keys.

It does have a black in the spacebar.


Ok, but that's not a problem at all, considering most gaming keyboards use blacks. I have literally never touched a mechanical keyboard, and I've been using the same membrane kb for 9 years, so anything would be an improvement.
"If you don't drop sweat today, you will drop tears tomorrow" - SlayerSMMA
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
April 20 2012 06:53 GMT
#2590
On April 20 2012 15:48 Demonhunter04 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 20 2012 15:46 Son of Gnome wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 15:43 rebdomine wrote:
On April 20 2012 15:29 Demonhunter04 wrote:
I've been wanting to get a mechanical keyboard for some time, and from my little research I really liked the ZOWIE Celeritas. A good portion of the reviews I read said that the spacebar on the keyboard is all weird and mushy, though. A few other people said that the spacebar was just fine. Can anyone confirm if the spacebar is supposed to be different?


I've read it apparently uses Cherry MX black switches for the spacebar, opposed to Cherry MX brown on the other keys.

It does have a black in the spacebar.


Ok, but that's not a problem at all, considering most gaming keyboards use blacks. I have literally never touched a mechanical keyboard, and I've been using the same membrane kb for 9 years, so anything would be an improvement.


It's not a fault of the manufacturer; It's simply a design choice. Realforce does a similar thing with their topre boards where switches your reach for have a weaker force gradiation.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
April 20 2012 09:12 GMT
#2591
I'm considering buying the corsair K60, does anyone has it ? I need feedback on it ^^
I like starcraft
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 20 2012 10:38 GMT
#2592
On April 20 2012 18:12 oGoZenob wrote:
I'm considering buying the corsair K60, does anyone has it ? I need feedback on it ^^


I don't recommend getting it. There are other keyboards in the market with full mechanical switch layout with better quality and price.
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
April 20 2012 11:02 GMT
#2593
On April 20 2012 19:38 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 18:12 oGoZenob wrote:
I'm considering buying the corsair K60, does anyone has it ? I need feedback on it ^^


I don't recommend getting it. There are other keyboards in the market with full mechanical switch layout with better quality and price.

yeah, it's pretty expensive, but i found a retailer in france who sell it under 100$. And every review i read on the internet praise its quality. So who to believe ?
I like starcraft
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
April 20 2012 12:12 GMT
#2594
On April 20 2012 20:02 oGoZenob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 19:38 exousia_7 wrote:
On April 20 2012 18:12 oGoZenob wrote:
I'm considering buying the corsair K60, does anyone has it ? I need feedback on it ^^


I don't recommend getting it. There are other keyboards in the market with full mechanical switch layout with better quality and price.

yeah, it's pretty expensive, but i found a retailer in france who sell it under 100$. And every review i read on the internet praise its quality. So who to believe ?


Do note that the function keys are rubber dome. (As well as the ins/home group of keys).

Might be weird to play Starcraft on a keyboard where the function keys feel different compared to your other keys.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 20 2012 14:40 GMT
#2595
On April 20 2012 20:02 oGoZenob wrote:

yeah, it's pretty expensive, but i found a retailer in france who sell it under 100$. And every review i read on the internet praise its quality. So who to believe ?


Wow if it's for that price then maybe..just maybe...it can be considered??? I really think quality wise there are better keyboards out there....but in the end it's up to you. Do you like the red mechanical switches?
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 15:44:20
April 20 2012 15:44 GMT
#2596
On April 20 2012 23:40 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 20:02 oGoZenob wrote:

yeah, it's pretty expensive, but i found a retailer in france who sell it under 100$. And every review i read on the internet praise its quality. So who to believe ?


Wow if it's for that price then maybe..just maybe...it can be considered??? I really think quality wise there are better keyboards out there....but in the end it's up to you. Do you like the red mechanical switches?

No idea ^^ But for someone that as never touched a mechanical keyboard, is there really a huge difference between red and brown ?
Which keyboards do you have in mind, when you talk about better quality ?
I like starcraft
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
April 20 2012 15:48 GMT
#2597
On April 21 2012 00:44 oGoZenob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 23:40 exousia_7 wrote:
On April 20 2012 20:02 oGoZenob wrote:

yeah, it's pretty expensive, but i found a retailer in france who sell it under 100$. And every review i read on the internet praise its quality. So who to believe ?


Wow if it's for that price then maybe..just maybe...it can be considered??? I really think quality wise there are better keyboards out there....but in the end it's up to you. Do you like the red mechanical switches?

No idea ^^ But for someone that as never touched a mechanical keyboard, is there really a huge difference between red and brown ?
Which keyboards do you have in mind, when you talk about better quality ?


Use the OP. I went through the trouble of selecting boards to consider.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
April 20 2012 16:03 GMT
#2598
On April 21 2012 00:48 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 00:44 oGoZenob wrote:
On April 20 2012 23:40 exousia_7 wrote:
On April 20 2012 20:02 oGoZenob wrote:

yeah, it's pretty expensive, but i found a retailer in france who sell it under 100$. And every review i read on the internet praise its quality. So who to believe ?


Wow if it's for that price then maybe..just maybe...it can be considered??? I really think quality wise there are better keyboards out there....but in the end it's up to you. Do you like the red mechanical switches?

No idea ^^ But for someone that as never touched a mechanical keyboard, is there really a huge difference between red and brown ?
Which keyboards do you have in mind, when you talk about better quality ?


Use the OP. I went through the trouble of selecting boards to consider.

it says that red one are okay to play with, but I want my keyboard to be stylish if i put 100$ in it :p The celeritas seems awesome, but it just look like a regular 10$ keyboard. The corsair k60 seem to be a good compromize between style and performance, I just want to know if anyone experienced any major flaws with it
I like starcraft
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
April 20 2012 16:44 GMT
#2599
On April 21 2012 01:03 oGoZenob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 00:48 slytown wrote:
On April 21 2012 00:44 oGoZenob wrote:
On April 20 2012 23:40 exousia_7 wrote:
On April 20 2012 20:02 oGoZenob wrote:

yeah, it's pretty expensive, but i found a retailer in france who sell it under 100$. And every review i read on the internet praise its quality. So who to believe ?


Wow if it's for that price then maybe..just maybe...it can be considered??? I really think quality wise there are better keyboards out there....but in the end it's up to you. Do you like the red mechanical switches?

No idea ^^ But for someone that as never touched a mechanical keyboard, is there really a huge difference between red and brown ?
Which keyboards do you have in mind, when you talk about better quality ?


Use the OP. I went through the trouble of selecting boards to consider.

it says that red one are okay to play with, but I want my keyboard to be stylish if i put 100$ in it :p The celeritas seems awesome, but it just look like a regular 10$ keyboard. The corsair k60 seem to be a good compromize between style and performance, I just want to know if anyone experienced any major flaws with it

My gf i susing it and is very happy with it. Its build quality is actually quite decent if you can live with the rubber dome keys in the top, it's even pretty nice to clean due to how the keys are mounted on it. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be, but I'd personally go for a more solid board.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 20 2012 16:59 GMT
#2600
On April 21 2012 01:03 oGoZenob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 00:48 slytown wrote:
On April 21 2012 00:44 oGoZenob wrote:
On April 20 2012 23:40 exousia_7 wrote:
On April 20 2012 20:02 oGoZenob wrote:

yeah, it's pretty expensive, but i found a retailer in france who sell it under 100$. And every review i read on the internet praise its quality. So who to believe ?


Wow if it's for that price then maybe..just maybe...it can be considered??? I really think quality wise there are better keyboards out there....but in the end it's up to you. Do you like the red mechanical switches?

No idea ^^ But for someone that as never touched a mechanical keyboard, is there really a huge difference between red and brown ?
Which keyboards do you have in mind, when you talk about better quality ?


Use the OP. I went through the trouble of selecting boards to consider.

it says that red one are okay to play with, but I want my keyboard to be stylish if i put 100$ in it :p The celeritas seems awesome, but it just look like a regular 10$ keyboard. The corsair k60 seem to be a good compromize between style and performance, I just want to know if anyone experienced any major flaws with it


Ive heard the keycaps have some wear issues and there are the rubber dome keys everyone has mentioned. But the design is very cool, its pretty easily the most interesting looking mech keyboard.

So if you can get it for a good price, like reds and aren't mortified by the rubber dome keys then go for it.
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings114
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
SHIN 182
ProTech144
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35848
Hyuk 1592
Bisu 1533
Shuttle 1335
EffOrt 364
Mind 362
Larva 300
firebathero 254
Soma 180
Mini 163
[ Show more ]
ZerO 150
Last 141
Hm[arnc] 92
Leta 90
Zeus 78
Pusan 67
hero 54
Hyun 54
Killer 42
Sexy 40
Bale 37
Trap 37
ToSsGirL 31
PianO 27
Aegong 24
sorry 21
zelot 16
yabsab 13
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc2161
qojqva1268
Dendi1084
XcaliburYe443
XaKoH 406
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1559
crisheroes327
Other Games
gofns33576
singsing2579
B2W.Neo1161
Happy227
DeMusliM213
Livibee121
Mew2King106
ToD98
ArmadaUGS49
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8683
League of Legends
• Jankos1683
Other Games
• WagamamaTV237
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 29m
INu's Battles
23h 29m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.