• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:51
CEST 14:51
KST 21:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8759 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 142

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 383 Next
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-26 14:39:28
May 26 2012 14:34 GMT
#2821
On May 26 2012 20:08 wairai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 19:47 GTR wrote:
could anyone state the differences between a leopold fc500 and a fc700? looking into getting a red board to replace my blackwidow.


FC500 is fullsize keyboard 104 keys
FC700 is a new addition and it is 87 keys or tenkeyless

More differences between the 2 are FC500 keycap is made by ABS materials (cheaper and easier to get shiny looks) and FC700 will come with PBT (higher quality material and more durable)


That's not the whole story though. PBT keycaps have a slightly rougher feel than ABS.

Fight!

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:16648

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?13179-ABS-PBT-POM,which-type-keycap-do-you-prefer

These pages get really technical here but if you want the low-down, there it is.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
tymt
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden293 Posts
May 26 2012 15:47 GMT
#2822
On May 26 2012 02:36 oGoZenob wrote:
I just got my celeritas, it's awesome !! Now I want to custom the keycaps, you know, with white caps, red caps... Is there a website where you can order your keycaps one by one ? I don't want to buy two or three complete sets just to use 10 caps

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com try here.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 26 2012 15:51 GMT
#2823
On May 27 2012 00:47 tymt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 02:36 oGoZenob wrote:
I just got my celeritas, it's awesome !! Now I want to custom the keycaps, you know, with white caps, red caps... Is there a website where you can order your keycaps one by one ? I don't want to buy two or three complete sets just to use 10 caps

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com try here.


Of course, they get considerably more expensive per key the fewer you buy.
Stiluz
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway688 Posts
May 26 2012 16:09 GMT
#2824
On May 26 2012 21:40 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 21:11 Stiluz wrote:
Anyone else experienced a kind of slow spacebar on the SS 6GV2? Haven't used mine much, but feels like the spacebar is slower than the rest of the keys at popping back up. Emailed Steelseries about it, but they haven't gotten back to my ticket yet. Don't want to go the trouble of RMAing/sending it back and whatnot if it's avoidable.

It could possibly be the costar stabilizer is not greased.


Could you extrapolate on that? I'm a noob with the technicalities.
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
May 26 2012 16:30 GMT
#2825
On May 26 2012 21:11 Stiluz wrote:
Anyone else experienced a kind of slow spacebar on the SS 6GV2? Haven't used mine much, but feels like the spacebar is slower than the rest of the keys at popping back up. Emailed Steelseries about it, but they haven't gotten back to my ticket yet. Don't want to go the trouble of RMAing/sending it back and whatnot if it's avoidable.



I felt the same way when I had a 6gv2. I would have kept the keyboard, but the spacebar and enter key took so much force and felt so much slower than all the other keys.
For the Dominion!
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-26 16:34:15
May 26 2012 16:32 GMT
#2826
On May 27 2012 01:09 Stiluz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 21:40 Sovano wrote:
On May 26 2012 21:11 Stiluz wrote:
Anyone else experienced a kind of slow spacebar on the SS 6GV2? Haven't used mine much, but feels like the spacebar is slower than the rest of the keys at popping back up. Emailed Steelseries about it, but they haven't gotten back to my ticket yet. Don't want to go the trouble of RMAing/sending it back and whatnot if it's avoidable.

It could possibly be the costar stabilizer is not greased.


Could you extrapolate on that? I'm a noob with the technicalities.

Sorry I meant just stabilizer. I'm off today. Just to be clear, when you say slow does that mean it takes a while for the spacebar to return back to normal height after pressing it or something else? Anyways the stabilizer is that metal thing you find under your larger keys like the spacebar, shift, and enter key. I'm not entirely sure if the stabilizer is your problem, but that's where I would look to first. Here's a really helpful link about removing stabilizers.
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:12649
It's also a damn good community as they are all about mechanical keyboards. You may want to actually post there instead and hope someone like Ripster will help ya.

Edit: The guy above me posted while I was posting. So from the sounds of it you're not alone. You can always RMA it for another mechanical keyboard.
wairai
Profile Joined May 2012
Malaysia1000 Posts
May 26 2012 20:30 GMT
#2827
On May 26 2012 23:34 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 20:08 wairai wrote:
On May 26 2012 19:47 GTR wrote:
could anyone state the differences between a leopold fc500 and a fc700? looking into getting a red board to replace my blackwidow.


FC500 is fullsize keyboard 104 keys
FC700 is a new addition and it is 87 keys or tenkeyless

More differences between the 2 are FC500 keycap is made by ABS materials (cheaper and easier to get shiny looks) and FC700 will come with PBT (higher quality material and more durable)


That's not the whole story though. PBT keycaps have a slightly rougher feel than ABS.

Fight!

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:16648

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?13179-ABS-PBT-POM,which-type-keycap-do-you-prefer

These pages get really technical here but if you want the low-down, there it is.


For that, its really depend on personal preferences tho. I do only own FC500 Blue Switch .
Yungin' Leanin' with Pourple Drink
Norris_is_GODLY
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom46 Posts
May 27 2012 18:31 GMT
#2828
does anyone own a QPAD MK-50? looking into getting one, as im up for trying out the red switches. The black ones on my 6gv2 start to really ache my hand/wrist after a while of playing
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
May 27 2012 21:15 GMT
#2829
On May 28 2012 03:31 Norris_is_GODLY wrote:
does anyone own a QPAD MK-50? looking into getting one, as im up for trying out the red switches. The black ones on my 6gv2 start to really ache my hand/wrist after a while of playing

I also switched from the 6gv2 to a MK-50 (with browns though, not with reds, looking back I would have chosen reds), for the reasons you mentioned but also because the printing was starting to fade. The MK-50 is decent, looks pleasantly simple and feels good (regarding keys and stabilizers). Yet, it is too light (not enough metal plating in the case) and the key printing is not optimal either. This is my opinion only ofc, but if you have other options to look into, I would do so.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Azn_Christian
Profile Joined September 2010
United States153 Posts
May 27 2012 22:08 GMT
#2830
Which of the ducky or das mechanical keyboard do people prefer (I'm switching from a blackwidow), now that ducky keyboards are in stock finally? I can't make up my mind D;
Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs." - Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
May 27 2012 22:12 GMT
#2831
On May 28 2012 07:08 Azn_Christian wrote:
Which of the ducky or das mechanical keyboard do people prefer (I'm switching from a blackwidow), now that ducky keyboards are in stock finally? I can't make up my mind D;

depends, das keyboards are really 1 base price. Ducky keyboards have several different models with several different pricepoints.
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
May 27 2012 22:12 GMT
#2832
I've never used a das keyboard, however I do use a ducky shine red switches green led board. The left shift and spacebar has stabalizers but other than that, it's a solid board. Benefits the shine has over das? backlit led, media keys, multiplier keys, calculator, homepage, my computer and mail keys. So that's important to me!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-27 23:25:11
May 27 2012 23:24 GMT
#2833
Hey guys, I have a question. I get a discount from Corsair and get their mechanical keyboard for 65$. It isn't however a full mechanical keyboard.

[image loading]

Apparently these are the only mechanical keys. I only play RTS games and might play D3 later on, do you think it is bad to sacrifice the full mechanical keyboard or is the price good enough?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
May 27 2012 23:32 GMT
#2834
It was just shown on the red bull lan stream, bomber has a zowie celeritas, just like me =)
I like starcraft
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-28 01:31:16
May 28 2012 01:30 GMT
#2835
On May 28 2012 08:24 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Hey guys, I have a question. I get a discount from Corsair and get their mechanical keyboard for 65$. It isn't however a full mechanical keyboard.

[image loading]

Apparently these are the only mechanical keys. I only play RTS games and might play D3 later on, do you think it is bad to sacrifice the full mechanical keyboard or is the price good enough?


It's a nice keyboard and the price is good for what you're getting. Personally, I want a full mechanical keyboard (includes F keys), even if I don't use the the F keys as often as the 'A' key. I still use the escape and F1 key for sc2, and I noticed the difference when pressing the membrane switches on the k60.
For the Dominion!
Thezftw
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-28 11:45:14
May 28 2012 11:42 GMT
#2836
On May 28 2012 06:15 ACrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2012 03:31 Norris_is_GODLY wrote:
does anyone own a QPAD MK-50? looking into getting one, as im up for trying out the red switches. The black ones on my 6gv2 start to really ache my hand/wrist after a while of playing

I also switched from the 6gv2 to a MK-50 (with browns though, not with reds, looking back I would have chosen reds), for the reasons you mentioned but also because the printing was starting to fade. The MK-50 is decent, looks pleasantly simple and feels good (regarding keys and stabilizers). Yet, it is too light (not enough metal plating in the case) and the key printing is not optimal either. This is my opinion only ofc, but if you have other options to look into, I would do so.
6gv2 with reds is quite good. I've got one, its simply awesome.

Lighter key than the black version, yet the board weights a ton and feels solid.
hefeteig
Profile Joined February 2012
6 Posts
May 28 2012 13:55 GMT
#2837
the 6gv2 is available with red switches? i thought it has blacks
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
May 28 2012 14:48 GMT
#2838
On May 28 2012 22:55 hefeteig wrote:
the 6gv2 is available with red switches? i thought it has blacks


I just found out recently that SS actually made a limited edition 6Gv2 with red switches. I don't know where you can get them though....
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
May 28 2012 16:23 GMT
#2839
On May 28 2012 23:48 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2012 22:55 hefeteig wrote:
the 6gv2 is available with red switches? i thought it has blacks


I just found out recently that SS actually made a limited edition 6Gv2 with red switches. I don't know where you can get them though....


Meh, they shouldn't bother. Just get a leopold or ducky if you want Reds.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-28 17:22:33
May 28 2012 17:20 GMT
#2840
Has anybody found a CM Storm quickfire rapid brown switch? The tenkeyless version for about ~80$. I have no issue finding blues and to a lesser extent blacks, but I would really like the brown version. This is the only one I found, but it's out of stock now. They do have the numpad version for 98$ or so. Would that be worth it? Or are there any equally good keyboards in that range?

Edit: In the event that it just isn't available:

Rosewill for 94$ or Numpad version of the CM Storm for 98$?

Unless this ducky is equally good?
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1434
WardiTV720
OGKoka 264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko407
OGKoka 264
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 9095
Bisu 3418
FanTaSy 2987
Shuttle 2149
Jaedong 1704
EffOrt 1428
Horang2 664
actioN 584
BeSt 574
Larva 323
[ Show more ]
Mini 202
Leta 180
soO 166
Zeus 127
Dewaltoss 106
Mind 88
Barracks 81
Snow 72
Sea.KH 59
Stork 51
ToSsGirL 48
Mong 47
hero 37
Yoon 37
Killer 33
sorry 33
Bale 30
Sexy 27
JYJ 25
Free 24
Shinee 23
Aegong 19
scan(afreeca) 18
Shine 16
zelot 16
HiyA 15
Sacsri 9
yabsab 9
Noble 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3995
qojqva1087
Dendi963
XaKoH 536
febbydoto16
Counter-Strike
x6flipin461
Other Games
singsing2654
olofmeister1015
Livibee767
B2W.Neo661
hiko640
crisheroes334
Pyrionflax232
XBOCT220
dupreeh78
QueenE14
Liquid`VortiX4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick606
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2097
• Nemesis694
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 9m
Replay Cast
10h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 9m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h 9m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.