• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:45
CEST 06:45
KST 13:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7876 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 123

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 383 Next
Bigtony
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1606 Posts
April 14 2012 14:25 GMT
#2441
On April 14 2012 10:37 89vision wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 07:40 Nasty.Nate wrote:
I'm looking for a keyboard, but most of the best price/value keyboards linked here are out of stock.

Whats the difference between, blue, black, red, brown, etc?


AFAIK the best brand new board available in the US for a good price is Rosewill. Supposed to be on par with Filco's which are a top of the line brand. If I saw a Rosewill with browns for under 100 I would probably pick it up.

More options are coming it seems, WASD and the like....

IMO the best place to get the best value on a mech board is to buy used at geekhack or similar. These boards last a while. Spend a little on your first, try it out, then see if you want to change switch/brand/etc.. , you can always resell the board.


Try http://elitekeyboards.com/

I really like my leopold w/ cherry mx browns. Very good pricing and I am 100% happy with it. Sturdy, good key feel, nice sound but not too loud. Shipping was fast as well.
Push 2 Harder
zere
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1287 Posts
April 14 2012 15:06 GMT
#2442
On April 14 2012 20:23 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 16:02 Boblhead wrote:
any cherry mx keycaps will fit. spacebar might be the only one that doesnt.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=cherry mx keycap&_sacat=See-All-Categories


Yeah that's the thing....I don't want to change everything and then just have the space bar, shift keys, Enter key, and backspace being the only ones not replaced. And on top of that the caps lock, scroll lock, and F9 each have LED lights under it.....


For full compatibility, you want to look at Costar-compatible sets (advertised as "Filco" or "KBC Poker" compatible).
I'm afraid they won't have transparents for the LED lights underneath these exact keys tho.
ModeratorWenn ich einmal traurig bin, dann trink' ich einen Korn. Wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann trink' ich noch 'nen Korn. Und wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann fang' ich an von vorn!
crfty
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States174 Posts
April 14 2012 18:03 GMT
#2443
Okay, so I think I have settles on my key type, mx-blacks. The only downside I have read is the finger fatigue issue, which will pass with time. Good for gaming, double tapping, etc., which I do a lot of, so I think they will fit me well.

Has anyone used more than one make of mx-black keyboards? I was thinking of getting a Filco tenkeyless, but I am not partial to anything yet.
Zx_Storm
Profile Joined November 2010
United States49 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-14 21:33:09
April 14 2012 21:31 GMT
#2444
Update on my issue. My roommate has a leopold with mx browns, I tried it, and I really like the feel of it. I contacted the company, and they said if I can refuse the pacakge or get it returned to sender somehow, they will ship me the MX Brown version without me having to pay anything extra. Fingers crossed that things will work out.


Response to above post: although I have no personal experience with the blacks, my friend who normally uses blues/browns, had to use blacks for a few days to play Starcraft, and really did not like them. Of course it is personal preference, so try them out before you buy.

Thanks to everyone for their input.
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
April 14 2012 22:26 GMT
#2445
On April 14 2012 02:57 Zx_Storm wrote:
I'll see how it goes with the blacks, but I might have to return it and get browns if the fatigue is really bad.


Personally I would start with reds. The person who claimed reds feel like blacks without the sore is silly, as well as he mentioned people only use them as they're sponsored. I started with blacks and moved to reds, but the reason I chose red is because they're extremely comfortable. If you want accuracy go with blacks, but if you want a well-rounded keyboard that wont wear you down right away. Go with reds.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 14 2012 22:43 GMT
#2446
I really didn't have a problem moving to blacks from rubber dome. I think a lot of how much fatigue you get from that change will be in ergonomics. It's not even as bad as moving to a heavier mouse, at least for me.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
April 14 2012 23:28 GMT
#2447
On April 15 2012 06:31 Zx_Storm wrote:
Update on my issue. My roommate has a leopold with mx browns, I tried it, and I really like the feel of it. I contacted the company, and they said if I can refuse the pacakge or get it returned to sender somehow, they will ship me the MX Brown version without me having to pay anything extra. Fingers crossed that things will work out.


Response to above post: although I have no personal experience with the blacks, my friend who normally uses blues/browns, had to use blacks for a few days to play Starcraft, and really did not like them. Of course it is personal preference, so try them out before you buy.

Thanks to everyone for their input.


Well if you tried the browns and liked them then ur in a good position. Although, I think you should have just gone with blacks. I've been on mine for a few days and love them. No fatigue here.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
O INSANE O
Profile Joined May 2011
United States83 Posts
April 15 2012 02:32 GMT
#2448
I recently got a ducky tenkeyless brown switch keyboard from tigerimports.com

I must say, it feels amazing to type on and my fingers never get tired. It is sturdy, clean (the build of it), and sound it makes is amazing.
Thought I would put my insight on it.
BentoBox
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada303 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 07:16:33
April 15 2012 07:15 GMT
#2449
On April 14 2012 07:14 OuchyDathurts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 13:38 BentoBox wrote:
Just got myself a Rosewill with reds which I found off craigslist for 80$, and as my first mechanical keyboard, I must say I'm loving the feel :D.

Now would anyone happen to know where I could get myself a set of lime green key caps?


Apparently you can dye keycaps yourself if you're feeling adventurous.

http://www.overclock.net/t/551389/keyboard-dye-customization-guide

I guess its kind of a pain in the ass to get right but entirely possible if you want to.

http://www.ritdye.com/colorit_color_formula_guide

Green 578 Looks pretty lime green to me. It claims
"Lemon-Lime
2 tsp lemon yellow
½ tsp aquamarine
1 Cup water"

Which I'm sure you'd have to doctor the formula to get it to a larger batch size to dye a whole keyboard. If you can find an old piece of crap keyboard to test it out on first might be worth it. Everyone loves an experiment right? Plus its cheap as hell lol

If you do go this route post your results! =)

Actually I wonder if I have an old keyboard around with white caps.....


Ahah, I actually thought about rit dye aswell. I have dyed my old pair of skates using RIT dye and it worked quite well. I just wanted to avoid having to do the work myself this time around .

I decided to order a set of 33 red keycaps which I found for 20$. I'll probably use red rit dye to color the lettering on the remaining black keys :O.


On April 14 2012 04:11 Waterflow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 00:05 BentoBox wrote:
On April 13 2012 15:31 phar wrote:
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/custom-keyboard-designer/wasd-v1-custom-keyboard.html?kt=1&k=1&s=dcbf892ffba18a236df0b13608350aa9

?


Nah, that's just green. I'm looking for lime green keycaps, though I kind of gave up after incessant search.

I found these: [image loading]

through elitekeyboards but they only fit topre switches~ And they charge 110$ for a 104keys set @_@


Doesn't look that attractive though. Just slightly attractive.

Kinda like if you have a girlfriend that you like having fun with but don't love.


I love lime green though! Different strokes for different folks!
Only dead fish swim with the stream
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
April 16 2012 01:44 GMT
#2450
The new CM Storm keyboards look great imo, and they've been getting excellent reviews while having some of the lower priced products. The CM Storm Trigger looks absolutely sick for a high end keyboard.

I really want to get their Quickfire keyboard (preferably with brown switches instead of the standard blue)... but why are they so hard to find? It doesn't seem like any retail stores carry them at all. Amazon and Newegg have them, but only with the blue switches... and the only other stores selling CM Storm keyboard are no-name stores, and I can't find the brown-switch versions anywhere.

Does anyone know of a place that sells the Quickfire with brown switches? Or am I just best off putting up with the loud blue switches and buy from Amazon?
.Wilsh.
Profile Joined January 2010
United States133 Posts
April 16 2012 02:46 GMT
#2451
I just ordered my first mechanical keyboard! Made a custom one from WASD! =)

I was debating between brown and red switches, but finally decided on brown. I will post a picture of it when I get it which won't be 'til May because they are backordered.
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
April 16 2012 03:03 GMT
#2452
On April 16 2012 10:44 Chocobo wrote:
The new CM Storm keyboards look great imo, and they've been getting excellent reviews while having some of the lower priced products. The CM Storm Trigger looks absolutely sick for a high end keyboard.

I really want to get their Quickfire keyboard (preferably with brown switches instead of the standard blue)... but why are they so hard to find? It doesn't seem like any retail stores carry them at all. Amazon and Newegg have them, but only with the blue switches... and the only other stores selling CM Storm keyboard are no-name stores, and I can't find the brown-switch versions anywhere.

Does anyone know of a place that sells the Quickfire with brown switches? Or am I just best off putting up with the loud blue switches and buy from Amazon?



you can buy them form the cooler master website... they have not been released to retailers yet. The 10kless cherry blues are the only ones they released for NA.

Beware though of shipping and cod fees, depending on where you live. I bought the quickfire with cherry mx red switches for 89 + 20 (shipping) + 40 (brokerage fees). The brokerage fees caught me off guard. I should have checked first before purchasing. I'm still happy with the keyboard, but I probably could have bought a corsair k90/60.
For the Dominion!
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
April 16 2012 03:12 GMT
#2453
On April 16 2012 12:03 m1rk3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 10:44 Chocobo wrote:
The new CM Storm keyboards look great imo, and they've been getting excellent reviews while having some of the lower priced products. The CM Storm Trigger looks absolutely sick for a high end keyboard.

I really want to get their Quickfire keyboard (preferably with brown switches instead of the standard blue)... but why are they so hard to find? It doesn't seem like any retail stores carry them at all. Amazon and Newegg have them, but only with the blue switches... and the only other stores selling CM Storm keyboard are no-name stores, and I can't find the brown-switch versions anywhere.

Does anyone know of a place that sells the Quickfire with brown switches? Or am I just best off putting up with the loud blue switches and buy from Amazon?



you can buy them form the cooler master website... they have not been released to retailers yet. The 10kless cherry blues are the only ones they released for NA.

Beware though of shipping and cod fees, depending on where you live. I bought the quickfire with cherry mx red switches for 89 + 20 (shipping) + 40 (brokerage fees). The brokerage fees caught me off guard. I should have checked first before purchasing. I'm still happy with the keyboard, but I probably could have bought a corsair k90/60.

Yeah, their own store is filled with fees and high shipping costs, and they still only had the brown switches in the more expensive Pro model of the keyboard. I guess these are pretty new products, but to be low on stock or out of stock nearly everywhere is a surprise, to me at least. I hope they ramp up production to meet the demand.

I just have the bad feeling I'll finally give up and order the available model with the blues, open it up when it arrives 4 days later, and the next day the brown switch keyboards show up online.
Karmablah
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada48 Posts
April 16 2012 04:18 GMT
#2454
On April 16 2012 12:12 Chocobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 12:03 m1rk3 wrote:
On April 16 2012 10:44 Chocobo wrote:
The new CM Storm keyboards look great imo, and they've been getting excellent reviews while having some of the lower priced products. The CM Storm Trigger looks absolutely sick for a high end keyboard.

I really want to get their Quickfire keyboard (preferably with brown switches instead of the standard blue)... but why are they so hard to find? It doesn't seem like any retail stores carry them at all. Amazon and Newegg have them, but only with the blue switches... and the only other stores selling CM Storm keyboard are no-name stores, and I can't find the brown-switch versions anywhere.

Does anyone know of a place that sells the Quickfire with brown switches? Or am I just best off putting up with the loud blue switches and buy from Amazon?



you can buy them form the cooler master website... they have not been released to retailers yet. The 10kless cherry blues are the only ones they released for NA.

Beware though of shipping and cod fees, depending on where you live. I bought the quickfire with cherry mx red switches for 89 + 20 (shipping) + 40 (brokerage fees). The brokerage fees caught me off guard. I should have checked first before purchasing. I'm still happy with the keyboard, but I probably could have bought a corsair k90/60.

Yeah, their own store is filled with fees and high shipping costs, and they still only had the brown switches in the more expensive Pro model of the keyboard. I guess these are pretty new products, but to be low on stock or out of stock nearly everywhere is a surprise, to me at least. I hope they ramp up production to meet the demand.

I just have the bad feeling I'll finally give up and order the available model with the blues, open it up when it arrives 4 days later, and the next day the brown switch keyboards show up online.


I actually sent CM an email last week to ask when they would have the MX cherry brown version of the quickfire rapid available in Canada. They told me it wouldn't be available until the 2nd week of May.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 16 2012 04:27 GMT
#2455
The Storm Trigger looks horrible in terms of aesthetics. The puzzle look doesn't work for me.

It looks like it has exactly the same layout as the Blackwidow ( shifted Fn keys, 5 Macro keys on side), and the same function as an ultimate. The font is even the same. The Stealth BlackWidow does it better with its uniform body. I'd probably have to give the CM an edge in quality, and the detachable cable (also the 5V dc), but are you kidding me? Not sure about the Matte letters, I like Black much more than... whatever colour you call that and I prefer the Fn key on the right hand side.

Also I wish mechanical keyboard reviews weren't so crap and biased at the moment, or an actual reviewer got a sample.

If CM just made a really high quality direct upgrade from the Quick Fire, that would've worked, but the Trigger makes me laugh.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
April 16 2012 05:53 GMT
#2456
I would still *murder* for a choc mini with backlighting. Market, why are you incapable of providing my incredibly specific niche product?
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
FoeHamr
Profile Joined December 2010
United States489 Posts
April 17 2012 01:42 GMT
#2457
Hey guys, after using my Logitech G110 for about a year I have decided that I hate it and want to get a new keyboard. I am looking at getting a good mechanical keyboard for relatively cheap - meaning under 100 bucks. I have looked at the Razer Blackwidow and liked the look of it, but if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it.
DjRetro
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Chile309 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-17 02:03:56
April 17 2012 02:02 GMT
#2458
On April 17 2012 10:42 FoeHamr wrote:
Hey guys, after using my Logitech G110 for about a year I have decided that I hate it and want to get a new keyboard. I am looking at getting a good mechanical keyboard for relatively cheap - meaning under 100 bucks. I have looked at the Razer Blackwidow and liked the look of it, but if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it.


Don't buy BW... get a cm storm instead. Solid built, cheap and fantastic.
SpaceSynth-ItaloDisco-HiNRG http://www.radiostaddenhaag.com/
Beorning
Profile Joined June 2011
United States243 Posts
April 17 2012 02:27 GMT
#2459
There's a new mech keyboard store that just opened, you all looking at this thread may want to check them out http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 17 2012 03:35 GMT
#2460
On April 17 2012 11:02 DjRetro wrote:

Don't buy BW... get a cm storm instead. Solid built, cheap and fantastic.


Agreed. Razer keyboards are not that great in terms of quality for the price you pay. You're better off with CM storm or SS 6Gv2
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft238
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta58
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft641
PiGStarcraft238
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 170
Horang2 169
Leta 96
Hyuk 58
PianO 38
Bale 16
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm213
League of Legends
JimRising 676
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox705
C9.Mang0255
Westballz31
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor609
Other Games
summit1g9434
Coldzera 811
Sick117
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS36
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick781
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 112
• Letter1410
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2124
League of Legends
• Lourlo1101
• Stunt390
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 15m
Online Event
6h 15m
FEL
11h 15m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.