• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:47
CEST 03:47
KST 10:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9008 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 121

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 119 120 121 122 123 383 Next
RespectedPuddle
Profile Joined July 2011
80 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 17:19:57
April 10 2012 17:19 GMT
#2401
just got Das Model S and it's a bit anoyying how the actuation point is halfway down the travel of the key. Can kind of make double tapping hard sometimes.

Other than that it's an awesome keyboard. Built like a freakin tank and the crisp sound is music to my ears. Definitely recomend it
stanik
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada213 Posts
April 10 2012 18:11 GMT
#2402
Does anyone have a mechanical keyboard that is in working condition but for whatever reason they are not using and would be willing to give it another home for a cheap / reasonable price?

ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
April 10 2012 18:13 GMT
#2403
On April 10 2012 09:42 CarelessPride wrote:
what do you guys think about mx reds? personally the reason why i hated my black switch was because it was so tiring. I didnt like the brown because even tho it was a "silent verson" of blue it really didnt feel very tactile at all. and Blue the current 1 i have i really liked it but after a while i started to get anoyyed at how loud it was. Red seems to be the perfect board. For those of you guys what is the pros and cons after using it? I ordered a noppoo pro with mx red/ pbts for only 70 bucks. apparently PBTS on mx blues sounds alot better. should i just switch the keycaps or is red good for rts?

I personally have tested the 4 most common cherry switches and the reds are my most favorite. But as always it depends on your preferences. When you say you liked the blacks but found them tiring, then red would be perfect. However since you also critized that the browns did not fell tactile enough, keep in mind that reds are not tactile at all, so prepare to bottom out a lot at first.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
April 10 2012 21:53 GMT
#2404
On April 11 2012 03:13 ACrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2012 09:42 CarelessPride wrote:
what do you guys think about mx reds? personally the reason why i hated my black switch was because it was so tiring. I didnt like the brown because even tho it was a "silent verson" of blue it really didnt feel very tactile at all. and Blue the current 1 i have i really liked it but after a while i started to get anoyyed at how loud it was. Red seems to be the perfect board. For those of you guys what is the pros and cons after using it? I ordered a noppoo pro with mx red/ pbts for only 70 bucks. apparently PBTS on mx blues sounds alot better. should i just switch the keycaps or is red good for rts?

I personally have tested the 4 most common cherry switches and the reds are my most favorite. But as always it depends on your preferences. When you say you liked the blacks but found them tiring, then red would be perfect. However since you also critized that the browns did not fell tactile enough, keep in mind that reds are not tactile at all, so prepare to bottom out a lot at first.

Very much true
But bottoming out shouldn't be a problem if you're looking for a KB for rts. No matter what the switch, you will bottom out most of the time anyway. So yeah, you can try the reds!
I want to get reds myself next, so if anyone wants to part with theirs..
Administrator
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
April 11 2012 04:50 GMT
#2405
Oh man. had to send my ducky shine back. Getting a new one though in the mail, it had too many pings. However I'm back to using my steelseries 7g. Blacks are tiring, but I found it far more accurate due to the force to press down. Also a note on the ducky shine. I use the reds, but the spacebar uses a black switch. Keep that in mind.
popados
Profile Joined April 2012
United States7 Posts
April 11 2012 10:42 GMT
#2406
I have been using a steelseries 6Gv2 for about a year now. It was my first mechanical keyboard after a decade of PC gaming and I love the responsiveness and feel of it. I switched from a logitech g15 and never really felt the need for the extra buttons. However I was only playing FPS games until just a few months ago when I picked up SC2, and I am starting to wonder if I need a key board with additional keys on the left for easier hotkey use.

I find it extremely awkward to use hotkeys past 6, 7, 8, 9, and 0. I'm not sure if having the extra keys would even help to improve my game though as I am a RTS newbie. After 3 months of sc2 I have managed to reach platinum which I am proud of, but I have been into competitive gaming long enough to know that a different keyboard won't instantly make me better. Is it worth looking into a new keyboard now that I have transitioned into RTS, or should I just keep using what I have (steel series 6gv2)?



TLDR: new RTS player owns a steelseries 6Gv2. Are keyboards with extra side keys worth getting for this genre?


(hope this is in an okay spot. first post here)
Spec
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Taiwan931 Posts
April 11 2012 12:57 GMT
#2407
On April 11 2012 19:42 popados wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I have been using a steelseries 6Gv2 for about a year now. It was my first mechanical keyboard after a decade of PC gaming and I love the responsiveness and feel of it. I switched from a logitech g15 and never really felt the need for the extra buttons. However I was only playing FPS games until just a few months ago when I picked up SC2, and I am starting to wonder if I need a key board with additional keys on the left for easier hotkey use.

I find it extremely awkward to use hotkeys past 6, 7, 8, 9, and 0. I'm not sure if having the extra keys would even help to improve my game though as I am a RTS newbie. After 3 months of sc2 I have managed to reach platinum which I am proud of, but I have been into competitive gaming long enough to know that a different keyboard won't instantly make me better. Is it worth looking into a new keyboard now that I have transitioned into RTS, or should I just keep using what I have (steel series 6gv2)?



TLDR: new RTS player owns a steelseries 6Gv2. Are keyboards with extra side keys worth getting for this genre?


(hope this is in an okay spot. first post here)


6gv2 is already one of the better keyboards for RTS. Keep the 6gv2 and just practice hitting keys even though you have to move your hand. Once you mastered this, you can also be proud of your mechanics and you'd probably in Masters League by then. This is just my old school of thought to overcome problems like these, so you can still go the easy way and have more keys next to your left hand for 1:1 rebind. Won't make a big difference
Eye for an eye make the world go blind - Gandhi
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 11 2012 14:15 GMT
#2408
On April 11 2012 19:42 popados wrote:
I have been using a steelseries 6Gv2 for about a year now. It was my first mechanical keyboard after a decade of PC gaming and I love the responsiveness and feel of it. I switched from a logitech g15 and never really felt the need for the extra buttons. However I was only playing FPS games until just a few months ago when I picked up SC2, and I am starting to wonder if I need a key board with additional keys on the left for easier hotkey use.

I find it extremely awkward to use hotkeys past 6, 7, 8, 9, and 0. I'm not sure if having the extra keys would even help to improve my game though as I am a RTS newbie. After 3 months of sc2 I have managed to reach platinum which I am proud of, but I have been into competitive gaming long enough to know that a different keyboard won't instantly make me better. Is it worth looking into a new keyboard now that I have transitioned into RTS, or should I just keep using what I have (steel series 6gv2)?



TLDR: new RTS player owns a steelseries 6Gv2. Are keyboards with extra side keys worth getting for this genre?


(hope this is in an okay spot. first post here)


SS 6Gv2 is a really good keyboard, keep using it =)
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
April 12 2012 04:12 GMT
#2409
My new addiiton.

[image loading]
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
CarelessPride
Profile Joined March 2011
United States146 Posts
April 12 2012 10:09 GMT
#2410
o.o so i got my DT 35 2day.. and i must say I might just like it more than my mx blues and reds. Like its as tactical as MX blues while it feels more like a solid thud then a high pitch click. . Im very confused between the 3 keyboards. I feel like keyboard does effect ur gameplay. With better keyboards i spam more and thus being alot more active and hyped up.
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 10:47:42
April 12 2012 10:44 GMT
#2411
On April 12 2012 13:12 slytown wrote:
My new addiiton.

[image loading]


That cable........ THICK! Kinda looks like the shower hose i have in my bathroom.

Im sure it's a good keyboard though
biaxiong
Profile Joined March 2011
United States180 Posts
April 12 2012 22:00 GMT
#2412
Just got my G-Unit:

[image loading]

Next: TL mousepad or WhiteRa pad
WhiteRa: More GG, more skill.
TangYiChen
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)195 Posts
April 12 2012 22:48 GMT
#2413
Recently got a Leopold Linear Touch (red switches) Otaku keyboard, and I love it. The build quality is incredible. Was previously using a BW. And I don't really have that many problems typing on the reds like some people might. Definitely would recommend
Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
BentoBox
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada303 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 05:08:50
April 13 2012 04:38 GMT
#2414
Just got myself a Rosewill with reds which I found off craigslist for 80$, and as my first mechanical keyboard, I must say I'm loving the feel :D.

Now would anyone happen to know where I could get myself a set of lime green key caps?
Only dead fish swim with the stream
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
April 13 2012 06:31 GMT
#2415
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/custom-keyboard-designer/wasd-v1-custom-keyboard.html?kt=1&k=1&s=dcbf892ffba18a236df0b13608350aa9

?
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 13 2012 06:34 GMT
#2416
does anyone know if there is a guide on how to change switches on a mech keyboard?
DjRetro
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Chile309 Posts
April 13 2012 06:39 GMT
#2417
On April 13 2012 15:34 exousia_7 wrote:
does anyone know if there is a guide on how to change switches on a mech keyboard?


If i were you, i wouldn't do anything to the switches lol
SpaceSynth-ItaloDisco-HiNRG http://www.radiostaddenhaag.com/
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
April 13 2012 06:59 GMT
#2418
On April 13 2012 15:39 DjRetro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 15:34 exousia_7 wrote:
does anyone know if there is a guide on how to change switches on a mech keyboard?


If i were you, i wouldn't do anything to the switches lol

Maybe they are broken or he meant the keycaps. I don't see what's funny about that. A mech board is expensive enough that you don't usually want to throw it away if you can fix it.
On April 13 2012 15:34 exousia_7 wrote:
does anyone know if there is a guide on how to change switches on a mech keyboard?

Check the geekhack forums. I'm pretty sure I've seen some guide there.
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
April 13 2012 07:01 GMT
#2419
On April 13 2012 15:34 exousia_7 wrote:
does anyone know if there is a guide on how to change switches on a mech keyboard?


take the keyboard casing off, get a solder tool. Desoldering wire and go at it. IMO watch guides on how to solder/ desolder

MrInterface desoldering keyswitches.


as stated above, i think there is a geekhack guide on this
Zx_Storm
Profile Joined November 2010
United States49 Posts
April 13 2012 09:26 GMT
#2420
I just ordered a noppoo choc mini, cherry mx black, knowing about the possible fatigue issues. But I figured it shouldn't be too bad for Starcraft or everyday typing.

Does anyone else here use MX Blacks or a Choc Mini with MX Blacks? If so, how is the fatigue, do you get any, and is it noticeable?

Thank You
Prev 1 119 120 121 122 123 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft480
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft480
WinterStarcraft250
RuFF_SC2 107
PiLiPiLi 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1050
White-Ra 158
NaDa 62
Hyuk 60
Noble 51
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift5054
Counter-Strike
taco 542
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox579
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor703
Other Games
summit1g7782
Coldzera 874
C9.Mang0320
ViBE64
ArmadaUGS46
Mew2King41
Liquid`Ken3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick671
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 81
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21376
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 13m
Online Event
9h 13m
FEL
14h 13m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.