• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:35
CEST 18:35
KST 01:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8422 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 120

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 118 119 120 121 122 383 Next
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 08 2012 06:42 GMT
#2381
On April 08 2012 10:00 DarthXX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 09:55 slytown wrote:
On April 08 2012 09:50 DarthXX wrote:
I'm looking at 3 different keyboards atm (all MX Browns)

First, Ducky DK9008G2 this is the cheapest of the lot so I'm wondering what the difference in build quality is like

Das Silent, the one thing that has me leaning away from this is the shiny finger print attracting surface

Filco Majestouch 2. Here is where I need another opinion, my brother who works in R&D for a company that makes this sort of thing has expressed concern as to the terrible design.

But I don't know anything about soldering.


Well I would question his credentials because Filco's are of the best build quality.

This does not answer the question at all


What is the question?

On April 08 2012 10:21 proofy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 09:50 DarthXX wrote:
I'm looking at 3 different keyboards atm (all MX Browns)

First, Ducky DK9008G2 this is the cheapest of the lot so I'm wondering what the difference in build quality is like

Das Silent, the one thing that has me leaning away from this is the shiny finger print attracting surface

Filco Majestouch 2. Here is where I need another opinion, my brother who works in R&D for a company that makes this sort of thing has expressed concern as to the terrible design.

--image--

But I don't know anything about soldering.

Pick up a Leopold FC700R instead.


I agree with this guy, wait until the end of the month and get the new Leopolds from PCCG.

But if you want a numpad then probably get the ducky if its a decent amount cheaper than the Das/Filco.
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
April 08 2012 07:22 GMT
#2382
Typing on my old keyboard is so shitty now that I've typed on a mechanical keyboard for about a week. Ah the things I do not to wake up 5 year olds ;C
On a side note, this is by far the most effective way of verifying how much my new mechanical is worth the price. By far more worth $120 for a high quality keyboard compared to ... well... anything
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
April 08 2012 08:10 GMT
#2383
On April 08 2012 16:22 Mordanis wrote:
Typing on my old keyboard is so shitty now that I've typed on a mechanical keyboard for about a week. Ah the things I do not to wake up 5 year olds ;C

Try going back and forth between some shitty $5 Dell at work and a nice mechanical at home Kinda want to convince my boss that it'd be reasonable for me to expense a duplicate keyboard as the one I use at home.

Then again the guys in my office would probably club me to death if I used an mx blue keyboard at work..........

Maybe a brown would be quiet enough? :S Actually that's a legitimate question. Think brown switches would be quiet enough to not annoy co-workers? Maybe I can get a co-worker to drag in his brown board and I'll ask the most curmudgeonly guy in the office if it ticks him off too much.
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
DarthXX
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia998 Posts
April 08 2012 08:18 GMT
#2384
On April 08 2012 15:42 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 10:00 DarthXX wrote:
On April 08 2012 09:55 slytown wrote:
On April 08 2012 09:50 DarthXX wrote:
I'm looking at 3 different keyboards atm (all MX Browns)

First, Ducky DK9008G2 this is the cheapest of the lot so I'm wondering what the difference in build quality is like

Das Silent, the one thing that has me leaning away from this is the shiny finger print attracting surface

Filco Majestouch 2. Here is where I need another opinion, my brother who works in R&D for a company that makes this sort of thing has expressed concern as to the terrible design.

But I don't know anything about soldering.


Well I would question his credentials because Filco's are of the best build quality.

This does not answer the question at all


What is the question?

Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 10:21 proofy wrote:
On April 08 2012 09:50 DarthXX wrote:
I'm looking at 3 different keyboards atm (all MX Browns)

First, Ducky DK9008G2 this is the cheapest of the lot so I'm wondering what the difference in build quality is like

Das Silent, the one thing that has me leaning away from this is the shiny finger print attracting surface

Filco Majestouch 2. Here is where I need another opinion, my brother who works in R&D for a company that makes this sort of thing has expressed concern as to the terrible design.

--image--

But I don't know anything about soldering.

Pick up a Leopold FC700R instead.


I agree with this guy, wait until the end of the month and get the new Leopolds from PCCG.

But if you want a numpad then probably get the ducky if its a decent amount cheaper than the Das/Filco.

Hm I hadn't considered the Leopolds. What about the FC500R with a numpad? only thing is this comes with ABS keys whereas the filco and ducky are PBTs, not sure about the Das. The Filcos are quite steep at 160 bucks from Auspcmarket.

The Ducky is backordered, so I wrote them (mechkeyboards) an email asking how long it would take to deliver, if it's super long I might pass but if not I might just go with this one.

Uhg Leopolds come in MX Reds too, more variables to the mix ><
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 08 2012 08:47 GMT
#2385
On April 08 2012 17:18 DarthXX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 15:42 Blaec wrote:
On April 08 2012 10:00 DarthXX wrote:
On April 08 2012 09:55 slytown wrote:
On April 08 2012 09:50 DarthXX wrote:
I'm looking at 3 different keyboards atm (all MX Browns)

First, Ducky DK9008G2 this is the cheapest of the lot so I'm wondering what the difference in build quality is like

Das Silent, the one thing that has me leaning away from this is the shiny finger print attracting surface

Filco Majestouch 2. Here is where I need another opinion, my brother who works in R&D for a company that makes this sort of thing has expressed concern as to the terrible design.

But I don't know anything about soldering.


Well I would question his credentials because Filco's are of the best build quality.

This does not answer the question at all


What is the question?

On April 08 2012 10:21 proofy wrote:
On April 08 2012 09:50 DarthXX wrote:
I'm looking at 3 different keyboards atm (all MX Browns)

First, Ducky DK9008G2 this is the cheapest of the lot so I'm wondering what the difference in build quality is like

Das Silent, the one thing that has me leaning away from this is the shiny finger print attracting surface

Filco Majestouch 2. Here is where I need another opinion, my brother who works in R&D for a company that makes this sort of thing has expressed concern as to the terrible design.

--image--

But I don't know anything about soldering.

Pick up a Leopold FC700R instead.


I agree with this guy, wait until the end of the month and get the new Leopolds from PCCG.

But if you want a numpad then probably get the ducky if its a decent amount cheaper than the Das/Filco.

Hm I hadn't considered the Leopolds. What about the FC500R with a numpad? only thing is this comes with ABS keys whereas the filco and ducky are PBTs, not sure about the Das. The Filcos are quite steep at 160 bucks from Auspcmarket.

The Ducky is backordered, so I wrote them (mechkeyboards) an email asking how long it would take to deliver, if it's super long I might pass but if not I might just go with this one.

Uhg Leopolds come in MX Reds too, more variables to the mix ><


Im pretty sure both filco and das keys are ABS but Das has better printing (maybe?).

There is nothing wrong with the FC500R. Some people dont like how the large keys are stabilised, but its not too much of an issue.

If you can get a PBT key Ducky in the switch type you want that's a pretty good choice. But if you want to save some money then go with the Leopold.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 09 2012 04:26 GMT
#2386
Das uses mixed material including ABS in its keycaps, that's why blue switch Das sound louder and more crisp compared to other blue switch mech keyboards.
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
April 09 2012 11:52 GMT
#2387
On April 09 2012 13:26 exousia_7 wrote:
Das uses mixed material including ABS in its keycaps, that's why blue switch Das sound louder and more crisp compared to other blue switch mech keyboards.


Nice info. Know anything about the materials of other keyboards aswell?
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
April 09 2012 13:37 GMT
#2388
Really happy with my razer blackwidow
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 09 2012 17:37 GMT
#2389
I just remember its ABS combined with another kind of plastic. Not really sure....
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
April 09 2012 20:27 GMT
#2390
On April 10 2012 02:37 exousia_7 wrote:
I just remember its ABS combined with another kind of plastic. Not really sure....


Well atleast you can be lucky you live in a beautiful country wich is also the motherland of keyboards.
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
April 09 2012 23:48 GMT
#2391
Should start a Ducky export company =P
LiquidDota Staff
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 10 2012 00:38 GMT
#2392
On April 10 2012 05:27 Waterflow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2012 02:37 exousia_7 wrote:
I just remember its ABS combined with another kind of plastic. Not really sure....


Well atleast you can be lucky you live in a beautiful country wich is also the motherland of keyboards.


Lol ya. I go looking around keyboards so often but seriously if I keep lookin I'm going to go broke
CarelessPride
Profile Joined March 2011
United States146 Posts
April 10 2012 00:42 GMT
#2393
what do you guys think about mx reds? personally the reason why i hated my black switch was because it was so tiring. I didnt like the brown because even tho it was a "silent verson" of blue it really didnt feel very tactile at all. and Blue the current 1 i have i really liked it but after a while i started to get anoyyed at how loud it was. Red seems to be the perfect board. For those of you guys what is the pros and cons after using it? I ordered a noppoo pro with mx red/ pbts for only 70 bucks. apparently PBTS on mx blues sounds alot better. should i just switch the keycaps or is red good for rts?
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 00:50:31
April 10 2012 00:49 GMT
#2394
On April 10 2012 09:42 CarelessPride wrote:
what do you guys think about mx reds? personally the reason why i hated my black switch was because it was so tiring. I didnt like the brown because even tho it was a "silent verson" of blue it really didnt feel very tactile at all. and Blue the current 1 i have i really liked it but after a while i started to get anoyyed at how loud it was. Red seems to be the perfect board. For those of you guys what is the pros and cons after using it? I ordered a noppoo pro with mx red/ pbts for only 70 bucks. apparently PBTS on mx blues sounds alot better. should i just switch the keycaps or is red good for rts?


I personally think red switches are too light. I started using black switches instead but in the end I stuck with my blue switch keyboard. Whatever pros and cons you have with blacks it is basically the same for reds except for the weight. Their design and structures are the same just that the spring force is different. With a lighter switch you might end up liking the linear switch.
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
April 10 2012 01:06 GMT
#2395
On April 10 2012 09:42 CarelessPride wrote:
what do you guys think about mx reds? personally the reason why i hated my black switch was because it was so tiring. I didnt like the brown because even tho it was a "silent verson" of blue it really didnt feel very tactile at all. and Blue the current 1 i have i really liked it but after a while i started to get anoyyed at how loud it was. Red seems to be the perfect board. For those of you guys what is the pros and cons after using it? I ordered a noppoo pro with mx red/ pbts for only 70 bucks. apparently PBTS on mx blues sounds alot better. should i just switch the keycaps or is red good for rts?


i have a cherry mx red switch board and i love it. I used a bw before, but i prefer to use it mostly for typing. I just like the linear feel for gaming. who knows, when you get your red switch board you might prefer your blues for sc2. i don'nt mind the blues, for gaming/rts, it's just I prefer the reds linear feel.
For the Dominion!
EienShinwa
Profile Joined May 2010
United States655 Posts
April 10 2012 05:17 GMT
#2396
Real excited about the Cooler Master Quickfire Pro keyboard that is coming/is out soon. What do you guys think?
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
April 10 2012 12:06 GMT
#2397
On April 10 2012 09:38 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2012 05:27 Waterflow wrote:
On April 10 2012 02:37 exousia_7 wrote:
I just remember its ABS combined with another kind of plastic. Not really sure....


Well atleast you can be lucky you live in a beautiful country wich is also the motherland of keyboards.


Lol ya. I go looking around keyboards so often but seriously if I keep lookin I'm going to go broke


haha i know the feeling. If i had like a 1000$ to spend i'd probably go spend it on mechanical keyboards only. ^^
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 12:38:14
April 10 2012 12:29 GMT
#2398
On April 10 2012 14:17 EienShinwa wrote:
Real excited about the Cooler Master Quickfire Pro keyboard that is coming/is out soon. What do you guys think?


To be honest, I think the Quick Fire Rapid is the best keyboard so far from CM Storm. I've seen and tried both Trigger and Quick Fire Pro, I just felt "meh" nothing special that really caught my attention, except maybe the LED backlight??
biaxiong
Profile Joined March 2011
United States180 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 16:39:25
April 10 2012 16:38 GMT
#2399
Just ordered Tt-esports Meka G-Unit from the Egg for 89.99 after rebate. Seems like a solid keyboard, hopefully the blacks aren't that bad. It will match my Tt-esports Black Element well. Supports White-Ra and MKP too!
WhiteRa: More GG, more skill.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 10 2012 17:08 GMT
#2400
On April 11 2012 01:38 biaxiong wrote:
Just ordered Tt-esports Meka G-Unit from the Egg for 89.99 after rebate. Seems like a solid keyboard, hopefully the blacks aren't that bad. It will match my Tt-esports Black Element well. Supports White-Ra and MKP too!


Oh dang for 89.99??? That's a sweet deal!
Prev 1 118 119 120 121 122 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1205
ComeBackTV 1094
SteadfastSC891
TaKeTV 587
IndyStarCraft 210
Rex148
EnkiAlexander 79
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 891
IndyStarCraft 210
ProTech150
Rex 148
BRAT_OK 40
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44038
Bisu 2660
EffOrt 951
Shuttle 594
Soma 565
BeSt 519
Mini 431
Light 377
Larva 349
Rush 232
[ Show more ]
ZerO 189
Hyuk 116
firebathero 80
Mong 67
Dewaltoss 53
Pusan 48
Sexy 40
ToSsGirL 31
Trap 25
Terrorterran 19
Bale 17
Shine 15
yabsab 14
Rock 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc9677
qojqva1487
Counter-Strike
fl0m1172
Fnx 806
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1410
Khaldor1175
Other Games
hiko1504
FrodaN822
DeMusliM384
Hui .197
Livibee182
ArmadaUGS160
KnowMe122
XaKoH 109
QueenE101
Mew2King74
C9.Mang039
ZerO(Twitch)12
CosmosSc2 10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• poizon28 39
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• FirePhoenix0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3978
Other Games
• Shiphtur285
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 25m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 25m
Online Event
18h 25m
FEL
23h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.