• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:06
CEST 06:06
KST 13:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8086 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 122

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 120 121 122 123 124 383 Next
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 13 2012 09:38 GMT
#2421
I'm actually asking about guides to removing switches because I'm thinking about making one. I noticed that from a lot of the vids on youtube people solder/desolder switches, but IMO I think that's a bit complicated. I have changed the switches on my Cherry keyboard from blue to brown switches before and back again without any soldering or desoldering. I have a friend who wrote a guide in Chinese and I'm just thinking about writing about a guide for changing switches in English.
CarelessPride
Profile Joined March 2011
United States146 Posts
April 13 2012 09:38 GMT
#2422
On April 13 2012 18:26 Zx_Storm wrote:
I just ordered a noppoo choc mini, cherry mx black, knowing about the possible fatigue issues. But I figured it shouldn't be too bad for Starcraft or everyday typing.

Does anyone else here use MX Blacks or a Choc Mini with MX Blacks? If so, how is the fatigue, do you get any, and is it noticeable?

Thank You

yea i have a noppoo pro mx black and i hated it because your forearm gets really sore and its not tactical. i mean the only people who use mx black are sponsered by then like steelseries. I would strongly recommend mx blue or brown if you have a choice . If u like linear i have a mx red as well and it feels just like black without the sore. if your going to keep using it i guess if u use it 3-4 days the soreness will disappear.
Zx_Storm
Profile Joined November 2010
United States49 Posts
April 13 2012 10:00 GMT
#2423
I think, I am out of luck, they have already shipped it, and it would be quite costly for me to return it...
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 10:17:25
April 13 2012 10:15 GMT
#2424
On April 13 2012 18:38 exousia_7 wrote:
I'm actually asking about guides to removing switches because I'm thinking about making one. I noticed that from a lot of the vids on youtube people solder/desolder switches, but IMO I think that's a bit complicated. I have changed the switches on my Cherry keyboard from blue to brown switches before and back again without any soldering or desoldering. I have a friend who wrote a guide in Chinese and I'm just thinking about writing about a guide for changing switches in English.


Cherrys afaik are the only ones that dont need soldering, because they aren't plate mounted.

On April 13 2012 18:26 Zx_Storm wrote:
I just ordered a noppoo choc mini, cherry mx black, knowing about the possible fatigue issues. But I figured it shouldn't be too bad for Starcraft or everyday typing.

Does anyone else here use MX Blacks or a Choc Mini with MX Blacks? If so, how is the fatigue, do you get any, and is it noticeable?

Thank You


I use my blacks decently often, I haven't noticed much fatigue. Maybe if you were doing heavy amounts of typing it may be a problem, but I'm sure you would adapt to it pretty quickly.

That said I prefer to type on my blues or browns because they just feel better to type on.

On April 13 2012 19:00 Zx_Storm wrote:
I think, I am out of luck, they have already shipped it, and it would be quite costly for me to return it...


Don't do anything drastic yet, see how you like it first.
Blacks are really easy to avoid bottoming out with, which is kinda fun.
BentoBox
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada303 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 15:06:50
April 13 2012 15:05 GMT
#2425
On April 13 2012 15:31 phar wrote:
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/custom-keyboard-designer/wasd-v1-custom-keyboard.html?kt=1&k=1&s=dcbf892ffba18a236df0b13608350aa9

?


Nah, that's just green. I'm looking for lime green keycaps, though I kind of gave up after incessant search.

I found these: [image loading]

through elitekeyboards but they only fit topre switches~ And they charge 110$ for a 104keys set @_@
Only dead fish swim with the stream
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 15:12:23
April 13 2012 15:11 GMT
#2426
On April 14 2012 00:05 BentoBox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 15:31 phar wrote:
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/custom-keyboard-designer/wasd-v1-custom-keyboard.html?kt=1&k=1&s=dcbf892ffba18a236df0b13608350aa9

?


Nah, that's just green. I'm looking for lime green keycaps, though I kind of gave up after incessant search.

I found these: [image loading]

through elitekeyboards but they only fit topre switches~ And they charge 110$ for a 104keys set @_@



Try WASDkeyboards.com.


On April 13 2012 18:38 CarelessPride wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 18:26 Zx_Storm wrote:
I just ordered a noppoo choc mini, cherry mx black, knowing about the possible fatigue issues. But I figured it shouldn't be too bad for Starcraft or everyday typing.

Does anyone else here use MX Blacks or a Choc Mini with MX Blacks? If so, how is the fatigue, do you get any, and is it noticeable?

Thank You

yea i have a noppoo pro mx black and i hated it because your forearm gets really sore and its not tactical. i mean the only people who use mx black are sponsered by then like steelseries. I would strongly recommend mx blue or brown if you have a choice . If u like linear i have a mx red as well and it feels just like black without the sore. if your going to keep using it i guess if u use it 3-4 days the soreness will disappear.


Not true. Many people simply enjoy using black switches for typing, including myself. Don't make sweeping accusations just because you don't like the switch. "Gaming switch" is merely a marketing tool. Each switch designation is about 10% work determined and 90% feel determined.

Zx_Storm may love those mx-Black switches.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 17:21:55
April 13 2012 17:14 GMT
#2427
On April 13 2012 19:15 Blaec wrote:

Cherrys afaik are the only ones that dont need soldering, because they aren't plate mounted.


Yes, exactly. So I was thinking if anyone would want to have a guide on changing the switch types on a Cherry board.
Zx_Storm
Profile Joined November 2010
United States49 Posts
April 13 2012 17:57 GMT
#2428
I'll see how it goes with the blacks, but I might have to return it and get browns if the fatigue is really bad.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 13 2012 18:02 GMT
#2429
On April 14 2012 02:57 Zx_Storm wrote:
I'll see how it goes with the blacks, but I might have to return it and get browns if the fatigue is really bad.


I went from rubber dome to blacks, and didn't have any fatigue from the switch despite using my PC a lot. It's really not that bad, just depends on the individual, like most things in peripheral comfort.
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 19:12:22
April 13 2012 19:11 GMT
#2430
On April 14 2012 00:05 BentoBox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 15:31 phar wrote:
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/custom-keyboard-designer/wasd-v1-custom-keyboard.html?kt=1&k=1&s=dcbf892ffba18a236df0b13608350aa9

?


Nah, that's just green. I'm looking for lime green keycaps, though I kind of gave up after incessant search.

I found these: [image loading]

through elitekeyboards but they only fit topre switches~ And they charge 110$ for a 104keys set @_@


Doesn't look that attractive though. Just slightly attractive.

Kinda like if you have a girlfriend that you like having fun with but don't love.
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 22:17:52
April 13 2012 22:14 GMT
#2431
On April 13 2012 13:38 BentoBox wrote:
Just got myself a Rosewill with reds which I found off craigslist for 80$, and as my first mechanical keyboard, I must say I'm loving the feel :D.

Now would anyone happen to know where I could get myself a set of lime green key caps?


Apparently you can dye keycaps yourself if you're feeling adventurous.

http://www.overclock.net/t/551389/keyboard-dye-customization-guide

I guess its kind of a pain in the ass to get right but entirely possible if you want to.

http://www.ritdye.com/colorit_color_formula_guide

Green 578 Looks pretty lime green to me. It claims
"Lemon-Lime
2 tsp lemon yellow
½ tsp aquamarine
1 Cup water"

Which I'm sure you'd have to doctor the formula to get it to a larger batch size to dye a whole keyboard. If you can find an old piece of crap keyboard to test it out on first might be worth it. Everyone loves an experiment right? Plus its cheap as hell lol

If you do go this route post your results! =)

Actually I wonder if I have an old keyboard around with white caps.....
LiquidDota Staff
Nasty.Nate
Profile Joined November 2010
United States96 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 22:40:43
April 13 2012 22:40 GMT
#2432
I'm looking for a keyboard, but most of the best price/value keyboards linked here are out of stock.

Whats the difference between, blue, black, red, brown, etc?
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
April 13 2012 23:01 GMT
#2433
On April 14 2012 07:40 Nasty.Nate wrote:
I'm looking for a keyboard, but most of the best price/value keyboards linked here are out of stock.

Whats the difference between, blue, black, red, brown, etc?


That's all here, linked in the OP
http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

I'm guessing the ducky's at least are out of stock because they're not sold here so its a pain in the ass importing them. I know the razor is readily available basically anywhere.
LiquidDota Staff
crfty
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States174 Posts
April 14 2012 00:42 GMT
#2434
Wow, thanks for that key dyeing source! That's awesome.
89vision
Profile Joined September 2010
United States70 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-14 01:37:56
April 14 2012 01:37 GMT
#2435
On April 14 2012 07:40 Nasty.Nate wrote:
I'm looking for a keyboard, but most of the best price/value keyboards linked here are out of stock.

Whats the difference between, blue, black, red, brown, etc?


AFAIK the best brand new board available in the US for a good price is Rosewill. Supposed to be on par with Filco's which are a top of the line brand. If I saw a Rosewill with browns for under 100 I would probably pick it up.

More options are coming it seems, WASD and the like....

IMO the best place to get the best value on a mech board is to buy used at geekhack or similar. These boards last a while. Spend a little on your first, try it out, then see if you want to change switch/brand/etc.. , you can always resell the board.
An itch only a deadlift can scratch
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 14 2012 03:13 GMT
#2436
does anyone know where I can get a complete set of custom keycaps for a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid?
Jophess
Profile Joined August 2010
United States95 Posts
April 14 2012 03:17 GMT
#2437
On April 13 2012 18:38 exousia_7 wrote:
I'm actually asking about guides to removing switches because I'm thinking about making one. I noticed that from a lot of the vids on youtube people solder/desolder switches, but IMO I think that's a bit complicated. I have changed the switches on my Cherry keyboard from blue to brown switches before and back again without any soldering or desoldering. I have a friend who wrote a guide in Chinese and I'm just thinking about writing about a guide for changing switches in English.


A majority of keyboards (SS, Filco, Leopold, Razer, etc.) have plate mounted switches, which is why you need to solder to change them. A keyboard with PCB mounted (Poker, old cherry boards, and probably some others) cherry switches can be changed without the need to solder.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
April 14 2012 06:52 GMT
#2438
On April 14 2012 12:17 Jophess wrote:

A majority of keyboards (SS, Filco, Leopold, Razer, etc.) have plate mounted switches, which is why you need to solder to change them. A keyboard with PCB mounted (Poker, old cherry boards, and probably some others) cherry switches can be changed without the need to solder.


Which is why I love my Cherry board =D so simple and I can change switches anytime easily when I want to change to another switch.
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
April 14 2012 07:02 GMT
#2439
On April 14 2012 12:13 exousia_7 wrote:
does anyone know where I can get a complete set of custom keycaps for a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid?

any cherry mx keycaps will fit. spacebar might be the only one that doesnt.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=cherry mx keycap&_sacat=See-All-Categories
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-14 11:24:50
April 14 2012 11:23 GMT
#2440
On April 14 2012 16:02 Boblhead wrote:
any cherry mx keycaps will fit. spacebar might be the only one that doesnt.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=cherry mx keycap&_sacat=See-All-Categories


Yeah that's the thing....I don't want to change everything and then just have the space bar, shift keys, Enter key, and backspace being the only ones not replaced. And on top of that the caps lock, scroll lock, and F9 each have LED lights under it.....
Prev 1 120 121 122 123 124 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft285
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft487
PiGStarcraft285
RuFF_SC2 205
SpeCial 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 72
Hyuk 51
Stork 41
Bale 15
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
Counter-Strike
taco 427
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox779
C9.Mang0323
Westballz27
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor625
Other Games
summit1g9678
Coldzera 806
JimRising 606
Sick118
ViBE76
ArmadaUGS38
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick758
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 106
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota240
League of Legends
• Lourlo1081
• Stunt305
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 54m
Online Event
6h 54m
FEL
11h 54m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.