• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:08
CEST 10:08
KST 17:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9890 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 125

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 383 Next
shineq
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1453 Posts
April 17 2012 12:49 GMT
#2481
On April 17 2012 21:21 Alryk wrote:
Are there any brown switch keyboards (or something like it) from razer or steelseries? I'm a fan of both but not to the point where I would sacrifice quality or pay a huge premium. It seems like people said the razer blackwidow was not so great for its price, why?


Apparently, a lot of the Blackwidow keyboards are faulty, at least that's what I've heard. According to the Razer website, the Razer Blackwidow Stealth Edition uses the MX Brown switches.
"If you can chill, chill." - Liquid`NonY, "david some do it T>T" - SlayerSBoxeR || Twitter: http://twtter.com/shineqGAMING || http://twitch.tv/shineq
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 17 2012 12:49 GMT
#2482
On April 17 2012 21:21 Alryk wrote:
Are there any brown switch keyboards (or something like it) from razer or steelseries? I'm a fan of both but not to the point where I would sacrifice quality or pay a huge premium. It seems like people said the razer blackwidow was not so great for its price, why?

Also, if there aren't any browns from them, what's a God one? I'm looking for brown because I will. It seems like its considered the best mix of gaming and typing, and that would help me.

Edit: it seems like either the zowie celeritas or the ducky OCN brown edition one in the OP would be best?


Razer did make a brown switched blackwidow, called BW stealth or something. But I think its pretty rare. Nothing brown switched from SS afaik.
BW is low quality compared to alot of other keyboards, unless you get it on sale (there are some amazing ones) its not worth it.

The zowie is ok, biggest selling point is supporting Flash and Startale.

The Ducky in the OP is hard to get afaik. Go the CM storm if you don't need a numpad.
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
April 17 2012 14:02 GMT
#2483
what if I prefer a numpad? I'm not buying soon, so would that CM quickfire rapid or whatever that was talked about a few posts back be decent? Assuming I like the look of course.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 17 2012 14:08 GMT
#2484
On April 17 2012 23:02 Alryk wrote:
what if I prefer a numpad? I'm not buying soon, so would that CM quickfire rapid or whatever that was talked about a few posts back be decent? Assuming I like the look of course.


I dunno, haven't read any review of the other CM boards. Im not sure whats good value with fullsizes in the US anymore, Rosewill used to be it but people have been complaining about the removable cable.

Hopefully someone else can answer your question.
Jophess
Profile Joined August 2010
United States95 Posts
April 17 2012 17:23 GMT
#2485
On April 17 2012 23:02 Alryk wrote:
what if I prefer a numpad? I'm not buying soon, so would that CM quickfire rapid or whatever that was talked about a few posts back be decent? Assuming I like the look of course.


The quality of the full sized CM keyboards is currently unknown. They appear to be made by a different manufacturer than the CM QuickFire (tenkeyless/no numpad), which is a Costar board (same as Filco).
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
April 17 2012 18:12 GMT
#2486
Oh ok. I don't absolutely need a numpad so maybe ill go without it. Didn't someone mention the brown switches would be available mid may? (I don't want the loud clickyness of blue)
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
robopork
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States511 Posts
April 17 2012 18:24 GMT
#2487
On April 17 2012 15:15 Sylverin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 15:13 Soliloquist wrote:
can anyone give me some cherry mx brown keyboards?

the only decent one i know is the Meka G1 but thats a black D:


Das professional or ultimate if your a masochist like me is perfect :D


The model S has blue switches, yeah? Unless you get the silent version?

I'm actually looking to buy one of those keyboards, but having never used a mechanical keyboard I can't speak to the pros and cons of blue vs brown switches.

Are blues so noisy that if I'm on skype and typing the person on the other end will have a problem? I play and talk on skype with friends a lot, so I don't want that to be a huge issue. On the other hand, if browns are in any way a compromise on performance, I might just tell them to shove it, especially since the professional with blues is a little cheaper ^^

thoughts?
“This left me alone to solve the coffee problem - a sort of catch-22, as in order to think straight I need caffeine, and in order to make that happen I need to think straight.”
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
April 17 2012 18:27 GMT
#2488
On April 18 2012 03:24 robopork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 15:15 Sylverin wrote:
On April 17 2012 15:13 Soliloquist wrote:
can anyone give me some cherry mx brown keyboards?

the only decent one i know is the Meka G1 but thats a black D:


Das professional or ultimate if your a masochist like me is perfect :D


The model S has blue switches, yeah? Unless you get the silent version?

I'm actually looking to buy one of those keyboards, but having never used a mechanical keyboard I can't speak to the pros and cons of blue vs brown switches.

Are blues so noisy that if I'm on skype and typing the person on the other end will have a problem? I play and talk on skype with friends a lot, so I don't want that to be a huge issue. On the other hand, if browns are in any way a compromise on performance, I might just tell them to shove it, especially since the professional with blues is a little cheaper ^^

thoughts?

They'll probably hear you typing, but not at a noise level that they won't hear anything else. Think Destiny on his stream, the clicks will definately pickup. Some people might be bothered by this, depends on your friends I guess
Get off my lawn, young punks
robopork
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States511 Posts
April 17 2012 20:34 GMT
#2489
On April 18 2012 03:27 ACrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 03:24 robopork wrote:
On April 17 2012 15:15 Sylverin wrote:
On April 17 2012 15:13 Soliloquist wrote:
can anyone give me some cherry mx brown keyboards?

the only decent one i know is the Meka G1 but thats a black D:


Das professional or ultimate if your a masochist like me is perfect :D


The model S has blue switches, yeah? Unless you get the silent version?

I'm actually looking to buy one of those keyboards, but having never used a mechanical keyboard I can't speak to the pros and cons of blue vs brown switches.

Are blues so noisy that if I'm on skype and typing the person on the other end will have a problem? I play and talk on skype with friends a lot, so I don't want that to be a huge issue. On the other hand, if browns are in any way a compromise on performance, I might just tell them to shove it, especially since the professional with blues is a little cheaper ^^

thoughts?

They'll probably hear you typing, but not at a noise level that they won't hear anything else. Think Destiny on his stream, the clicks will definately pickup. Some people might be bothered by this, depends on your friends I guess


Thanks. I looked up his stream and it's really not bad at all. I think I'd be perfectly happy with the blue switches. I'm finishing college and looking into grad school, but I do plenty of gaming too. I'm not sure that brown switches aren't a better fit for me in general, aside from being quieter.

Do you or anyone else have experience with blue vs brown switches who cares to comment? I'm coming over from a samsung dt-35, so mechanical is going to feel great either way. I just don't want to get either blue or brown on just information and then be pissed I didn't pick the other one if/when I get a chance to try it out.
“This left me alone to solve the coffee problem - a sort of catch-22, as in order to think straight I need caffeine, and in order to make that happen I need to think straight.”
Muffinman53
Profile Joined November 2010
571 Posts
April 17 2012 21:08 GMT
#2490
On April 18 2012 05:34 robopork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 03:27 ACrow wrote:
On April 18 2012 03:24 robopork wrote:
On April 17 2012 15:15 Sylverin wrote:
On April 17 2012 15:13 Soliloquist wrote:
can anyone give me some cherry mx brown keyboards?

the only decent one i know is the Meka G1 but thats a black D:


Das professional or ultimate if your a masochist like me is perfect :D


The model S has blue switches, yeah? Unless you get the silent version?

I'm actually looking to buy one of those keyboards, but having never used a mechanical keyboard I can't speak to the pros and cons of blue vs brown switches.

Are blues so noisy that if I'm on skype and typing the person on the other end will have a problem? I play and talk on skype with friends a lot, so I don't want that to be a huge issue. On the other hand, if browns are in any way a compromise on performance, I might just tell them to shove it, especially since the professional with blues is a little cheaper ^^

thoughts?

They'll probably hear you typing, but not at a noise level that they won't hear anything else. Think Destiny on his stream, the clicks will definately pickup. Some people might be bothered by this, depends on your friends I guess


Thanks. I looked up his stream and it's really not bad at all. I think I'd be perfectly happy with the blue switches. I'm finishing college and looking into grad school, but I do plenty of gaming too. I'm not sure that brown switches aren't a better fit for me in general, aside from being quieter.

Do you or anyone else have experience with blue vs brown switches who cares to comment? I'm coming over from a samsung dt-35, so mechanical is going to feel great either way. I just don't want to get either blue or brown on just information and then be pissed I didn't pick the other one if/when I get a chance to try it out.


I can't comment on brown switches, but I have been using a Ducky OCN Edition keyboard for the last year with blue switches and I absolutely love it. I am in college and have a roommate...at first he wasn't the biggest fan of the click click clicking. But he got used to it :D Anyways, regardless of which switch you decide to go with, I would high recommend Ducky. As others have said, they can be somewhat elusive. But http://www.tankguys.com/mechnical-keyboards.html?p=1 and http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=73 have some models in stock.

Best of luck!
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
April 17 2012 21:21 GMT
#2491
Opinions based on real experience is great, but opinions based on another persons review etc. is not. With this in mind, if you have doubts about a board go try it out (blackwidows, steelseries, quickfire-cmstorm, etc.). Those three brands including some others are available through computer stores and some retail stores (e.g. bestbuy). If it's your first time, keep your mind clear of all the crap and negatives that people say about a board (opinions by people who actually haven't experienced/used a board for themselves). You might actually like something that someone else does not like. Proof of this preference can be found in this thread, just go a couple of pages back and read some posts.

Gl and Hf!
For the Dominion!
Soliloquist
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)89 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 02:34:03
April 18 2012 02:18 GMT
#2492
Soliloquist
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)89 Posts
April 18 2012 02:33 GMT
#2493
comparing leopold (http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize&pid=fc500rtab) to a majestouch 2

which do you think is better? both being cherry browns
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
April 18 2012 03:07 GMT
#2494
On April 18 2012 11:33 Soliloquist wrote:
comparing leopold (http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize&pid=fc500rtab) to a majestouch 2

which do you think is better? both being cherry browns


Honestly there isn't a difference, I'm using filco browns right now and used a leopold browns last year(switched because I gave the leopold to someone else).
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
April 18 2012 03:23 GMT
#2495
On April 18 2012 02:23 Jophess wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 23:02 Alryk wrote:
what if I prefer a numpad? I'm not buying soon, so would that CM quickfire rapid or whatever that was talked about a few posts back be decent? Assuming I like the look of course.


The quality of the full sized CM keyboards is currently unknown. They appear to be made by a different manufacturer than the CM QuickFire (tenkeyless/no numpad), which is a Costar board (same as Filco).


Why does it seem like I can't find the Brown switch quickfire rapid? Can somebody link to wherever they first saw it?
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Soliloquist
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)89 Posts
April 18 2012 03:47 GMT
#2496
On April 18 2012 12:07 EdenPLusDucky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 11:33 Soliloquist wrote:
comparing leopold (http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize&pid=fc500rtab) to a majestouch 2

which do you think is better? both being cherry browns


Honestly there isn't a difference, I'm using filco browns right now and used a leopold browns last year(switched because I gave the leopold to someone else).


is there a bad point bout the detachable cable?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
April 18 2012 03:53 GMT
#2497
It can break or become loose.
Soliloquist
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)89 Posts
April 18 2012 04:01 GMT
#2498
$109 usd for a leopold and $165 for a filco

is it worth having wired one for the extra 60+ bucks?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
April 18 2012 04:04 GMT
#2499
Lol no.

The disadvantage of a detachable cable isn't going to be a big deal unless you're like a complete idiot who uses the keyboard as a weapon or just rip the cable out everytime you are going to a LAN / another place.
Soliloquist
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)89 Posts
April 18 2012 04:11 GMT
#2500
the CM quickfire is available in my country it seems. but no brown switch. would blue or black be better?
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1091
Larva 421
Stork 325
ggaemo 300
Leta 196
PianO 142
Hyuk 30
ZergMaN 25
Bale 24
Killer 18
[ Show more ]
yabsab 17
League of Legends
JimRising 409
Reynor68
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King193
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor865
Other Games
summit1g9932
C9.Mang0259
PiGStarcraft226
Sick186
ArmadaUGS66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick606
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2347
League of Legends
• Stunt532
• Jankos406
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 52m
Online Event
2h 52m
FEL
7h 52m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.