• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:15
CEST 12:15
KST 19:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11486 users

[G] PvT - Got Balls? 15 Nex into speed prism colo - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
mophideus
Profile Joined September 2011
United States7 Posts
December 31 2011 06:39 GMT
#21
awesome.... idk if i can pull this off without a lot of practice but the toss gets little love for the insanity like this that we attempt.... thanks for giving us a crazy thing to try. Well done!!
unit
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2621 Posts
December 31 2011 06:43 GMT
#22
On December 31 2011 15:37 Alejandrisha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 15:36 unit wrote:
On December 31 2011 15:27 Alejandrisha wrote:
On December 31 2011 15:18 unit wrote:
i think i found a way to play PvT when i feel like just having fun :D this feels like a ballsy badass strategy that is actually quite awesome & viable & not allin

edit: i think the double prism idea would be badass also i feel as though if you got the timings down you could add a 3rd and ton of gates (12-16 total) and just harass the shit out of him with colo drops, warpins and main army movements im going to have a TON of fun with this

there's nothing more fun that watching terran stim a group of marines to chase your speed prism. and then when they outpace the rest of the pack, you unload the colo and just kill them HAHAHAHAHA MWAHHAHAHAHAHA

O_O
sorry


sir, that sounds like a reaver....OMFG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM DOING THIS

(favorite ONLY PvT strategy in bw was reaver drops )


there you go

thank you for the fix, really said a lot about how great reavers were :D
Amornthep
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore2605 Posts
December 31 2011 06:45 GMT
#23
Hah, this is so cute, good if you have the multi-tasking ability to execute it. ;D
Ldawg
Profile Joined December 2011
United States328 Posts
December 31 2011 07:12 GMT
#24
I was about to go to bed, then I watched this replay and HAD to log back in to say this:
"Holy crap your prism colossus micro is absolutely unreal"
Colossus was a killing machine! I almost had a heart attack watching, well I won't give details for those who want to see it for themselves but let's just say there were many close calls and I can't believe how well you kept dodging bullets. Well done and Happy New Year!
"Terran so...ice cream!" MKP/MC at HSC IV
Gyro_SC2
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada540 Posts
December 31 2011 07:15 GMT
#25
I feel its too riscky in a laddergame to go nexus first in pvt. if the terran scout that he'll 3rax me
kofman
Profile Joined August 2011
Andorra698 Posts
December 31 2011 07:31 GMT
#26
As a Terran, I think this is just too risky for Protoss. Whenever I see a Nexus first (which isn't very often), I'll just 3-rax and autowin. Theres no way to stop a well-executed 3-rax with Nexus first, especially while teching, period. That said, maybe this could work in tournaments where maps are bigger, like on that frozen map with front door destructible rocks and an expansion inside your base.
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-31 07:50:20
December 31 2011 07:47 GMT
#27
On December 31 2011 16:31 kofman wrote:
As a Terran, I think this is just too risky for Protoss. Whenever I see a Nexus first (which isn't very often), I'll just 3-rax and autowin. Theres no way to stop a well-executed 3-rax with Nexus first, especially while teching, period. That said, maybe this could work in tournaments where maps are bigger, like on that frozen map with front door destructible rocks and an expansion inside your base.

the only time i've lost to a 3 rax with 15 nex was vs demuslim. and he put a reactor on his first rax to trick me then floated 2 rax from his main to the low ground and rushed me with all his scvs and marines from close air on shattered temple. i almost held it, but then he had 6 more marines because of mule xD
every other 3 rax has failed.
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
kofman
Profile Joined August 2011
Andorra698 Posts
December 31 2011 08:15 GMT
#28
On December 31 2011 16:47 Alejandrisha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 16:31 kofman wrote:
As a Terran, I think this is just too risky for Protoss. Whenever I see a Nexus first (which isn't very often), I'll just 3-rax and autowin. Theres no way to stop a well-executed 3-rax with Nexus first, especially while teching, period. That said, maybe this could work in tournaments where maps are bigger, like on that frozen map with front door destructible rocks and an expansion inside your base.

the only time i've lost to a 3 rax with 15 nex was vs demuslim. and he put a reactor on his first rax to trick me then floated 2 rax from his main to the low ground and rushed me with all his scvs and marines from close air on shattered temple. i almost held it, but then he had 6 more marines because of mule xD
every other 3 rax has failed.

I'm not referring to that kind of 3-rax, I'm talking about the 2 tech 1 reactor 3-rax where you hit a timing with stim and concusive shells. In my experience, this build is a lot stronger, as it looks just like a maruder expand and is very hard to detect until when it hits you. I'm not sure your build works against the 2 tech 1 reactor 3-rax.
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-31 08:18:24
December 31 2011 08:17 GMT
#29
On December 31 2011 17:15 kofman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 16:47 Alejandrisha wrote:
On December 31 2011 16:31 kofman wrote:
As a Terran, I think this is just too risky for Protoss. Whenever I see a Nexus first (which isn't very often), I'll just 3-rax and autowin. Theres no way to stop a well-executed 3-rax with Nexus first, especially while teching, period. That said, maybe this could work in tournaments where maps are bigger, like on that frozen map with front door destructible rocks and an expansion inside your base.

the only time i've lost to a 3 rax with 15 nex was vs demuslim. and he put a reactor on his first rax to trick me then floated 2 rax from his main to the low ground and rushed me with all his scvs and marines from close air on shattered temple. i almost held it, but then he had 6 more marines because of mule xD
every other 3 rax has failed.

I'm not referring to that kind of 3-rax, I'm talking about the 2 tech 1 reactor 3-rax where you hit a timing with stim and concusive shells. In my experience, this build is a lot stronger, as it looks just like a maruder expand and is very hard to detect until when it hits you. I'm not sure your build works against the 2 tech 1 reactor 3-rax.

eh that hits a bit too late. tech lab first builds don't work so well as rush builds. they're more unit checks and also quite safe. pushes that have stim with them are also much too late to really punish this. 12-16 2 rax reactor tech lab with shells is much scarier to a 15 nexus
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
kofman
Profile Joined August 2011
Andorra698 Posts
December 31 2011 08:37 GMT
#30
On December 31 2011 17:17 Alejandrisha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 17:15 kofman wrote:
On December 31 2011 16:47 Alejandrisha wrote:
On December 31 2011 16:31 kofman wrote:
As a Terran, I think this is just too risky for Protoss. Whenever I see a Nexus first (which isn't very often), I'll just 3-rax and autowin. Theres no way to stop a well-executed 3-rax with Nexus first, especially while teching, period. That said, maybe this could work in tournaments where maps are bigger, like on that frozen map with front door destructible rocks and an expansion inside your base.

the only time i've lost to a 3 rax with 15 nex was vs demuslim. and he put a reactor on his first rax to trick me then floated 2 rax from his main to the low ground and rushed me with all his scvs and marines from close air on shattered temple. i almost held it, but then he had 6 more marines because of mule xD
every other 3 rax has failed.

I'm not referring to that kind of 3-rax, I'm talking about the 2 tech 1 reactor 3-rax where you hit a timing with stim and concusive shells. In my experience, this build is a lot stronger, as it looks just like a maruder expand and is very hard to detect until when it hits you. I'm not sure your build works against the 2 tech 1 reactor 3-rax.

eh that hits a bit too late. tech lab first builds don't work so well as rush builds. they're more unit checks and also quite safe. pushes that have stim with them are also much too late to really punish this. 12-16 2 rax reactor tech lab with shells is much scarier to a 15 nexus

I guess we just have extremely different experiences, or we are talking about different builds, because I always destroy nexus first with 2 tech 1 reactor 3-rax. I pull about half my scv's with my push, and with some micro, its autowin. I've beaten GM protosses who are much better than me by just 3-raxing them whenever I see them going nexus first.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-31 08:41:03
December 31 2011 08:40 GMT
#31
I remember seeing this idea (speed prism + colossi drop) first from Choya, he did it on Crevasse to harass the natural, but it was only briefly, because I think he got Vikings or something out... I was a bit disappointed.

I feel like (and really hope) the level of SC2 players will dramatically increase. Where people will use things like colossi drops, that might be hard to do, but are effective with a lot of skill. The Warp Prism is an interesting unit. The range it can pick up from, and the way it can keep its acceleration, makes it a hard to master unit. One of those micro thingies that SC2 has and starcraft needs to be able to be "easy to play, impossible to master" :D

Anyway, thanks so much for making this! It's a great guide ^^
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
casualman
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1198 Posts
December 31 2011 08:44 GMT
#32
Terran makes vikings against colossus and warp prisms, losing a lot to this unit combo is just negligent play imo.
GuMiho <3
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
December 31 2011 08:59 GMT
#33
Very fun playstyle and I had a great deal of pleasure reading through the guide
geiko.813 (EU)
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
December 31 2011 09:10 GMT
#34
Challenge accepted
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
December 31 2011 09:10 GMT
#35
On December 31 2011 17:44 casualman wrote:
Terran makes vikings against colossus and warp prisms, losing a lot to this unit combo is just negligent play imo.

lol thanks for reading the title of the guide i guess that's as far as you got
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
MutaKingPrime
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)43 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-31 09:15:40
December 31 2011 09:15 GMT
#36
This looks mad sick and micro heavy; I'm just curious if 1gate fe might be the better idea opening? I understand the "got balls son?" mindset but I feel like 15 Nexus is risky even though I usually hold off 3rax with ease when I nex. first; I've seen players get wrecked after going nex first by hellions >_<
THUGLYFE
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-31 09:16:14
December 31 2011 09:16 GMT
#37
Also it's funny cus Colossi don't have balls. But Reavers shoot balls. And Colossi drops are like Reaver drops in BW. So it's like having balls. AKA you get to do some sexy micro harassment. xD
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
d00fuz
Profile Joined September 2011
Malaysia129 Posts
December 31 2011 09:16 GMT
#38
Marines: Those prisms...Y THEY MOVE SO FAST?!

Certainly looks entertaining and hard to handle if your opponent isn't expecting it. I mean...COLOSSUS in mineral line lol, totally unexpected.
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-31 09:21:08
December 31 2011 09:17 GMT
#39
On December 31 2011 18:15 MutaKingPrime wrote:
This looks mad sick and micro heavy; I'm just curious if 1gate fe might be the better idea opening? I understand the "got balls son?" mindset but I feel like 15 Nexus is risky even though I usually hold off 3rax with ease when I nex. first; I've seen players get wrecked after going nex first by hellions >_<

yeah hellions are the big issue with 15 nex imo. you can't negate all losses you just have to minimize them lol. like if you see hellions you're just like ok i'm losing 8 probes here but that's fine i'll just chronoboost a few of them..
it's all bout the sentry stalker and scouting. need to put that pylon on the edge of your base to look for the drop or have a stalker outside the nat in some weird place to see if they run by. a sentry here and there to zone them always makes you feel like a baller as well
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
MutaKingPrime
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)43 Posts
December 31 2011 09:23 GMT
#40
On December 31 2011 18:17 Alejandrisha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 18:15 MutaKingPrime wrote:
This looks mad sick and micro heavy; I'm just curious if 1gate fe might be the better idea opening? I understand the "got balls son?" mindset but I feel like 15 Nexus is risky even though I usually hold off 3rax with ease when I nex. first; I've seen players get wrecked after going nex first by hellions >_<

yeah hellions are the big issue with 15 nex imo. you can't negate all losses you just have to minimize them lol. like if you see hellions you're just like ok i'm losing 8 probes here but that's fine i'll just chronoboost a few of them..
it's all bout the sentry spread and scouting. need to put that pylon on the edge of your base to look for the drop or have a stalker outside the nat in some weird place to see if they run by. a sentry here and there to zone them always makes you feel like a baller as well

okay, so an early sentry would deal with most of the hellion play (i knew this subconciously).

It's just that I saw a weird hellionbased-expand opening by a GM on SEA and he just ran past everything the Protoss player had with like 6 hellions and destroyed his economy (as the guy was warping in his first warp in of 3 zealots, no sentries t_t)
THUGLYFE
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech72
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1142
Bisu 876
Hyuk 728
Horang2 712
Larva 601
Leta 187
Sexy 124
EffOrt 119
Zeus 115
Soma 100
[ Show more ]
Mini 90
PianO 81
Pusan 59
Killer 38
ZerO 38
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 26
sorry 26
Last 23
Hm[arnc] 18
yabsab 18
Trap 14
JulyZerg 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe424
XaKoH 273
League of Legends
JimRising 312
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1324
Other Games
gofns28928
singsing1479
crisheroes205
OGKoka 193
Mew2King134
ArmadaUGS59
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick555
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• LUISG 21
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7079
• lizZardDota2328
League of Legends
• Jankos1282
• Stunt926
Upcoming Events
Online Event
45m
FEL
5h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 45m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.