• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:11
CEST 07:11
KST 14:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8346 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 640

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 638 639 640 641 642 1068 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
killa_robot
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1884 Posts
June 23 2015 02:00 GMT
#12781
Man, now I really want to make a bow.
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
June 23 2015 05:13 GMT
#12782
This thread never fails to entertain.
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-23 07:47:38
June 23 2015 07:40 GMT
#12783
On June 23 2015 09:07 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 08:18 LemOn wrote:
I did is as a kid pretty sure? :D
Okay maybe I should try myself first if I it's possible

I would advise it.

Bow's aren't too tough, but arrows aren't easy if you want to shoot them more than about 5 ft with any accuracy.

Last time I went camping we made crossbow bolts and tried an arrow (For a real bow) Find a couple
(preferably small) arrows at a GoodWill or something and save the effort. You'll probably be pretty satisfied with the bow, should shoot 20+ft with enough power to penetrate a hay target.

This isn't a first date right?

No not a first date

didn't think arrows would be the issue damn. But yeah I guess making the bow myself then going to the woods on a quest for arrows might be fun enough - I already texted her that "I need a hand with something. In the woods"
She replied "should I bring a shovel? You killed someone didn't you"
I just shot back "no need, I've got the Axe and a string already, if you happen to have an outdoor knife, bring it with you tho (no joke)"

It will spoil the surprise though if I turn up with a bow already - plan was to to dazzle her with my manliness making it :D
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
June 23 2015 07:55 GMT
#12784
On June 23 2015 16:40 LemOn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 09:07 GreenHorizons wrote:
On June 23 2015 08:18 LemOn wrote:
I did is as a kid pretty sure? :D
Okay maybe I should try myself first if I it's possible

I would advise it.

Bow's aren't too tough, but arrows aren't easy if you want to shoot them more than about 5 ft with any accuracy.

Last time I went camping we made crossbow bolts and tried an arrow (For a real bow) Find a couple
(preferably small) arrows at a GoodWill or something and save the effort. You'll probably be pretty satisfied with the bow, should shoot 20+ft with enough power to penetrate a hay target.

This isn't a first date right?

Nah

didn't think arrows would be the issue damn. But yeah I guess making the bow myself then going to the woods on a quest for arrows might be fun enough - I already texted her that "I need a hand with something. In the woods"
She replied "should I bring a shovel? You killed someone didn't you"
I just shot back "no need, I've got the Axe and a string already, if you happen to have an outdoor knife, bring it with you tho (no joke)"

It will spoil the surprise though if I turn up with a bow already - plan was to to dazzle her with my manliness making it :D


Sounds like a good idea to me.

The way I'd do it is that I would bring out the pre-made (bought or custom) arrows and challenge her to a bow making contest, then an archery contest. Pretty sure we established we like different types of women though

Either way, if you want to impress her though I'd go with making the bow in front of her, as it's harder to screw up. I'm telling you making arrows is hard to do with any decent outcome.

You could bring some feathers (for fletching) if you insist on making the arrows. Whether you clue her into the fact you brought them is up to you. The idea of wild feathers is icky to some people though. Not sure on the environment and how likely you are to find suitable materials otherwise.

I'm probably stealing this idea, just fyi.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-23 08:29:08
June 23 2015 08:24 GMT
#12785
OK thanks for tip - would've sucked. and making arrows is not nearly as fun
I found arrows for $3 each ina shop 20mins from me - these should more than do
[image loading]
we'll do fun stuff in town - she wants to take me to a place she likes that I haven't been to, there's some latino food festival thingy I'll take her to. And then we'll pick up the gear at my place and head to a park in the woods nearby to make the bow/shoot some trees.

hopefully when she sees the arrows along with an axe, knife and string and duct tape it'll make it more believable that I don't plan to murder her in the woods :D
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
bloodwhore~
Profile Joined September 2014
1010 Posts
June 23 2015 08:31 GMT
#12786
Sounds cool, however it is pretty hard to make a bow I think.

In other news I went back to my hometown and holy fuck the girls on Tinder here. I counted to 32 before a girl who wasn't like 8/10 showed up. Also I tested the "set phasers to cougar" type deal and matched with a woman who is 33 years old, this could be fun.
"Allahu akbar" - Techies.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-23 10:11:04
June 23 2015 10:10 GMT
#12787
On June 23 2015 17:24 LemOn wrote:
OK thanks for tip - would've sucked. and making arrows is not nearly as fun
I found arrows for $3 each ina shop 20mins from me - these should more than do
[image loading]
we'll do fun stuff in town - she wants to take me to a place she likes that I haven't been to, there's some latino food festival thingy I'll take her to. And then we'll pick up the gear at my place and head to a park in the woods nearby to make the bow/shoot some trees.

hopefully when she sees the arrows along with an axe, knife and string and duct tape it'll make it more believable that I don't plan to murder her in the woods :D


Sounds good, wouldn't plan on shooting at trees though the arrows won't stick and will be less satisfying. A paper target on a soft dirt mound (not an aggressive ant hill though) would work. Or stringing it between trees works. Just make sure you plan on missing and your arrows land in an easy to find place. Styrofoam would be a good target too, just put in in a garbage bag or 2 to limit the litter. Depending on the quality of the bow you could potentially puncture a 2 liter which is fun. At least watch a couple videos on making them if you haven't tried already.

EDIT: $3 arrows are a swinging deal too.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
June 23 2015 10:45 GMT
#12788
On June 19 2015 23:08 unsaeglich wrote:
I can't wait you for you to fall in love with the girl that teaches you sex

Once you have (good) sex, you will find out how much you enjoy being this girl. I was in a similar situation, and I was until a few month with that girl together, total 1,5+ years. Great time though.

I am somewhat active on tinder too, and managed to be together (for 3 weeks, it seems) with an incredibly hot, and strange 18 year old girl ( I am 25 now). And while she's every nerds dream (so mine too ofc) : petite half japanese girl with natural white blond hair (albino influences), swiss, american and german pass, watches this anime stuff in japanese( translates to me fluently while watching), plays dota / lol / wc3 / cod / and some mmorpg's, worked as model, and didn't have a partner or a relationship in the past 2 years (she is very inexperienced and ehrm.. incredibly tight).
For some reason she works at least 12 houres a days as apprentice for stylist (haircutter). For her it's that important that in her little free time she takes extra customers and makes their hair, and weekends too, that she has basicly no time left to do anything else. (I don't think money is the reason, maybe for the extra work, but as apprentice you don't get paid by hours..)
Anyway meeting with her, regularly is become more and more impossible, as she also doesn't have a very good timemanagement (spend one saturday wondering if she would show up eventually), no clue what she was thinking looking for a steady relationship.
This world is weird.

So let's see what else tinder has in store for us, I wouldn't mind a shade more normal..


Call me creepy, but I think it's rather romantic that you made up such an elaborate origin-story for your body pillow.
unsaeglich
Profile Joined June 2015
260 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-23 14:31:09
June 23 2015 14:03 GMT
#12789
maybe that's the reason she didn't respond anymore to my calls or my messages, maybe you're hot on the trail, or she really was just busy styling some other customer's hair. How can I tell

anyway six strings, if you keep at it, I might upload a picture of my pillow without fear being banned for bragging (only one she posted publicly everywhere anyway)
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
June 23 2015 14:26 GMT
#12790
imo, don't tell her what you're doing. Just say you've got a surprise and drive off into the woods with rope, a burlap bag, a hunting knife, and a ball gag. Make her carry the shovel

You'll find out a whole lot about her personality that way!
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
waffelz
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Germany711 Posts
June 23 2015 14:41 GMT
#12791
On June 23 2015 23:26 QuanticHawk wrote:
imo, don't tell her what you're doing. Just say you've got a surprise and drive off into the woods with rope, a burlap bag, a hunting knife, and a ball gag. Make her carry the shovel

You'll find out a whole lot about her personality that way!


I actually would love to try that out. I love disturbing people and after that, every other date should be an improvement.
RIP "The big travis CS degree thread", taken from us too soon | Honourable forum princess, defended by Rebs-approved white knights
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
June 23 2015 14:49 GMT
#12792
On June 23 2015 23:03 unsaeglich wrote:
maybe that's the reason she didn't respond anymore to my calls or my messages, maybe you're hot on the trail, or she really was just busy styling some other customer's hair. How can I tell

anyway six strings, if you keep at it, I might upload a picture of my pillow without fear being banned for bragging (only one she posted publicly everywhere anyway)


I dare you.
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-24 08:20:49
June 23 2015 20:05 GMT
#12793
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
June 23 2015 20:09 GMT
#12794
I feel like today i made a big step, finally decided to block my ex bc i am pretty tired of her asking for shit and seeing her post about the new guy she is with
it makes me pretty fucking sick.

i have learned finally no one is worth killing yourself over so maybe this will end my days without eating or my week long drinking binges or any of the other reckless shit i do nowadays
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
June 23 2015 20:13 GMT
#12795
Ugh. My girlfriend gave me the "we need to talk" thing last night and broke up with me today. I managed to talk her into reconsidering and taking me back but I don't know if it's going to last. She said she'll talk to me next week and that she's emotionally drained. When I asked if we were alright, she said she just needed a little bit of "me" time and said bye.

I really liked her too, but I'm not sure if things will be the same anymore. I'm not even sure she won't change her mind again and not take me back. I wish I just knew already. The uncertainty is worse than knowing for sure. I've had a lump in my throat all day and last night and have teared up a lot already. Wish things had turned out differently.
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
Juddas
Profile Joined January 2011
768 Posts
June 23 2015 20:21 GMT
#12796
On June 24 2015 05:13 Epishade wrote:
Ugh. My girlfriend gave me the "we need to talk" thing last night and broke up with me today. I managed to talk her into reconsidering and taking me back but I don't know if it's going to last. She said she'll talk to me next week and that she's emotionally drained. When I asked if we were alright, she said she just needed a little bit of "me" time and said bye.

I really liked her too, but I'm not sure if things will be the same anymore. I'm not even sure she won't change her mind again and not take me back. I wish I just knew already. The uncertainty is worse than knowing for sure. I've had a lump in my throat all day and last night and have teared up a lot already. Wish things had turned out differently.



Dude let me tell you you are better than that. You don't need her to take you back. Sounds like the relationship is over to me and to give her her time. I know it sucks and things like this always suck. If she had those feelings just asking her to reconsider won't change them. From one man to another, move on, things will be better before you know it
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
June 23 2015 20:27 GMT
#12797
On June 24 2015 05:13 Epishade wrote:
Ugh. My girlfriend gave me the "we need to talk" thing last night and broke up with me today. I managed to talk her into reconsidering and taking me back but I don't know if it's going to last. She said she'll talk to me next week and that she's emotionally drained. When I asked if we were alright, she said she just needed a little bit of "me" time and said bye.

I really liked her too, but I'm not sure if things will be the same anymore. I'm not even sure she won't change her mind again and not take me back. I wish I just knew already. The uncertainty is worse than knowing for sure. I've had a lump in my throat all day and last night and have teared up a lot already. Wish things had turned out differently.

If it makes you feel any better, mine told me she wanted some time to herself, then me and my best friend caught her with another man

not sure if that will actually make you feel better but yeah
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Livelovedie
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States492 Posts
June 23 2015 20:28 GMT
#12798
Move on, not because its the choice you want to make, but because its the choice you have to make.
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
June 23 2015 21:14 GMT
#12799
I'm positive she's not cheating on me. She likes me more than I like her though, and she felt like I didn't want to be a part of the relationship/commit to the relationship/let people know I was with her, such as by not changing my fb status to relationship with her or avoiding friends while we were together, or not liking public display of affection with her in front of people I know. I feel bad for it, but I would have done the same with any other girl because I don't really like "showing off" that I have a girlfriend to people I know, and I've told her this and that I very much wanted to be in the relationship. She also has a lot of health problems and she recently got another one that made me worry about having a future with her. I told her this and that's what started this breakup. She doesn't think I will ever be capable of liking her as much as she likes me. She told me she loved me a few days ago and I said I liked her a lot but that I just didn't feel comfortable saying that to her just yet and that I hoped she understood, which she seemed to take well enough, but now it just looks like another sign of me not wanting to commit.

I know, all of this probably makes me look like a jerk. I'm sure she feels unwanted because of my actions, even though it wasn't my intention at all.

But I like her too much not to at least give it another chance. If it still doesn't work out then, then I can move on.
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 23 2015 21:18 GMT
#12800
On June 24 2015 06:14 Epishade wrote:
I'm positive she's not cheating on me. She likes me more than I like her though, and she felt like I didn't want to be a part of the relationship/commit to the relationship/let people know I was with her, such as by not changing my fb status to relationship with her or avoiding friends while we were together, or not liking public display of affection with her in front of people I know. I feel bad for it, but I would have done the same with any other girl because I don't really like "showing off" that I have a girlfriend to people I know, and I've told her this and that I very much wanted to be in the relationship. She also has a lot of health problems and she recently got another one that made me worry about having a future with her. I told her this and that's what started this breakup. She doesn't think I will ever be capable of liking her as much as she likes me. She told me she loved me a few days ago and I said I liked her a lot but that I just didn't feel comfortable saying that to her just yet and that I hoped she understood, which she seemed to take well enough, but now it just looks like another sign of me not wanting to commit.

I know, all of this probably makes me look like a jerk. I'm sure she feels unwanted because of my actions, even though it wasn't my intention at all.

But I like her too much not to at least give it another chance. If it still doesn't work out then, then I can move on.

You need to meet somewhere in the middle. Sounds like she is the one giving everything in this relationship and you're just letting it all happen. It's not natural and it is completely normal that she feels the way she does.

You need to do some soul searching: if this girl is truly worth a shot, then give her a shot. Get off the fence and show her that you really have feelings for her. If she's not worth that, then let her go.
Prev 1 638 639 640 641 642 1068 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4495
Leta 1567
Bale 59
Shine 32
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm270
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Other Games
summit1g9026
WinterStarcraft593
Sick117
Mew2King28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick495
BasetradeTV162
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1413
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2102
League of Legends
• Lourlo1047
• Rush566
Other Games
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 50m
Patches Events
9h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 50m
OSC
17h 50m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.