• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:28
CEST 10:28
KST 17:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8360 users

Starbow

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 344 345 346 Next
Kabel
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden1746 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-12 20:15:51
January 12 2014 03:09 GMT
#1
[image loading]
[image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading]

Visit Starbowmod.com to play ranked ladder, watch streams and participate in the community!

[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +
http://starbowmod.com/about/overview


[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCizw5QhP2NX3pgOOn6SbDiA


[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +

Starbow Twitch Streams:
  • SC2 Starbow
  • Vehk

    More streams can be found at http://starbowmod.com/streams/



[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +

Starbow can be found in the Arcade on all servers. Just search for "Starbow"
Join the chat channel or the group "starbow" to find players.

If Starcraft 2 isn't installed on your machine, the Starcraft 2 Starter Edition (NA EU KR) can be downloaded for free, giving you full access to the Arcade!


If you want to play ranked ladder, here is how to do it:
http://starbowmod.com/about/howtoplay
http://starbowmod.com/about/geimbangbeop (Korean)



[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +


Starbow was originally developed in this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/304955-starbow
Beta was launched in January 2014, and all the patches since then can be found below:
  • 16/1/2014
  • 19/1/2014
  • 19/1/2014
  • 21/1/2014
  • 24/1/2014
  • 29/1/2014
  • 6/2/2014
  • 11/2/2014
  • 12/2/2014
  • 15/2/2014
  • 19/2/2014
  • 25/2/2014
  • 11/3/2014
  • 12/3/2014
  • 31/3/2014
  • 20/4/2014
  • 2/5/2014
  • 13/5/2014
  • 27/5/2014
  • 13/6/2014
  • 6/7/2014
  • 21/7/2014
  • 11/8/2014
  • 6/10/2014
  • 13/10/2014
  • 26/10/2014
  • 28/10/2014
  • 23/11/2014
  • 10/12/2014
  • 10/1/2015
  • 17/2/2015
  • 26/3/2015
  • 26/4/2015
  • 15/5/2015
  • 22/5/2015
  • 2/6/2015
  • 30/6/2015
  • 22/7/2015
  • 11/8/2015
  • 09/10/2015




[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +

http://starbowmod.com/about/credits




Happy bowing!
+
Creator of Starbow
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
January 12 2014 03:12 GMT
#2
I really liked the Ryung/Impact game, wouldn't mind if this was the next expansion tbh
Refer to my post.
Beef Noodles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States937 Posts
January 12 2014 03:14 GMT
#3
Yeah, I honestly like Starbow a lot more than HotS. I think Blizzard is going to keep SC2 pretty much as is, without any major changes, so I'm switching to Starbow
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 03:15:20
January 12 2014 03:15 GMT
#4
I wonder if you have a "ladder system" for custom maps such as this.

This map is making me regaining hope in next generation of RTS gaming.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
January 12 2014 03:21 GMT
#5
It was interesting listening to decembercalm explaining all the reasoning behind each change that was made, I hope it's captured in the wiki.
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
January 12 2014 03:23 GMT
#6
On January 12 2014 12:21 iHirO wrote:
It was interesting listening to decembercalm explaining all the reasoning behind each change that was made, I hope it's captured in the wiki.


I really really liked that, a lot of the decisions that I didn't understand, it helped to make sense of everything. If decembercalm (or anyone associated with Starbow) could release a YouTube beginner video of stuff like that the mod's actually released, I think that'd be great. Really really loved how TvP looked
coolman123123
Profile Joined August 2013
146 Posts
January 12 2014 03:31 GMT
#7
This is what SC2 should've been. Hopefully people support this mod because it's easily the best.
AstrOtoss
Profile Joined June 2012
Australia19 Posts
January 12 2014 03:31 GMT
#8
so much fun to watch and play
i played some games on the eu server last night while insanely drunk and it was great, much more interesting games than hots so far, lots more action ^^
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 03:37:07
January 12 2014 03:33 GMT
#9
This is such a well made mod my god. The only thing I don't like in it is the miss % when firing up hill, not because I don't like a proper defenders advantage, but because I've grown to hate rng

Zerg and Protoss no longer have games which feel disgusting, there is currently no infestor broodlord deathbally shit, and in the few games I've played I haven't run into anything like the soul train.

The game just feels fun overall though, which is something sc2 never really managed to achieve.

The only thing stopping me from playing this over hots completely is the lack of ranking/laddering system.
Chloroplaste
Profile Joined February 2011
France281 Posts
January 12 2014 03:40 GMT
#10
Just watched on AxCrank stream with december and Totalbiscuit streaming, with players like crank, impact, MMA and... it's was so amazing !

This mod is so refreshing to watch and the players really enjoyed it so much, you really see what part of BW was so sick compared to sc2, and got the beautiful graphics and some cool stuff from SC2.

Really looking forward tournaments on it.
decemberscalm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1353 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 04:07:03
January 12 2014 04:06 GMT
#11
On January 12 2014 12:33 bo1b wrote:
This is such a well made mod my god. The only thing I don't like in it is the miss % when firing up hill, not because I don't like a proper defenders advantage, but because I've grown to hate rng

Zerg and Protoss no longer have games which feel disgusting, there is currently no infestor broodlord deathbally shit, and in the few games I've played I haven't run into anything like the soul train.

The game just feels fun overall though, which is something sc2 never really managed to achieve.

The only thing stopping me from playing this over hots completely is the lack of ranking/laddering system.

We looked into many different solutions for high ground advantage. %50 was kind of the default fall back on system. Nothing was really satisfactory that we could come up with, if anyone has any brilliant solutions the Starbow thread is always receptive to feedback like this.
Simply put though, %50 gets the job done.

I find this refreshing. I watch a lot of new guys vs guys play. They feel like its more fair when they get steam rolled. Even the reaver which will just blow up an entire mineral line feels okay.


Thanks to all who have given this mod attention, glad you've enjoyed it.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 04:17:24
January 12 2014 04:13 GMT
#12
On January 12 2014 13:06 decemberscalm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 12:33 bo1b wrote:
This is such a well made mod my god. The only thing I don't like in it is the miss % when firing up hill, not because I don't like a proper defenders advantage, but because I've grown to hate rng

Zerg and Protoss no longer have games which feel disgusting, there is currently no infestor broodlord deathbally shit, and in the few games I've played I haven't run into anything like the soul train.

The game just feels fun overall though, which is something sc2 never really managed to achieve.

The only thing stopping me from playing this over hots completely is the lack of ranking/laddering system.

We looked into many different solutions for high ground advantage. %50 was kind of the default fall back on system. Nothing was really satisfactory that we could come up with, if anyone has any brilliant solutions the Starbow thread is always receptive to feedback like this.
Simply put though, %50 gets the job done.

I find this refreshing. I watch a lot of new guys vs guys play. They feel like its more fair when they get steam rolled. Even the reaver which will just blow up an entire mineral line feels okay.


Thanks to all who have given this mod attention, glad you've enjoyed it.

Like I said, the only problem I have with it is rng. It could just be a necessary evil, and really, it can add tension.

In any event it wasn't a criticism and you guys have done such a fantastic job

Regarding reavers blowing up worker lines, it could just be a honey moon phase I'm going through, but the skill required to pull it off is much more refreshing, and I don't get the feeling that if I dropped 2 turrets in each base they could still regularly pull it off each game like hellbats.

It just feels better lol , and if you were going for that then you certainly achieved it, and if not, then its a fantastic side effect
decemberscalm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1353 Posts
January 12 2014 04:23 GMT
#13
@bo1b
I didn't take it as a super negative. Just explaining why there isn't anything new in place, I'm sure there are plenty that are quick to think we'd rather just copy BW instead of try something new.

That is indeed the goal!!!

We've had years of development to figure out what is anti fun and have patched accordingly. Right now we are looking at reapers vs lings for instance, that might get a slight adjustment. Same with queen enrage.

Hope to see you on b.net some time.
elmerpogs
Profile Joined August 2011
Philippines441 Posts
January 12 2014 04:27 GMT
#14
Whats the difference between Starbow and Starcraft 2 Broodwar?
SKT [img]http://i.imgur.com/1NuGXvx.png[/img] is still the best [img]http://i.imgur.com/MsxcOXX.png[/img]
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
January 12 2014 04:27 GMT
#15
On January 12 2014 13:23 decemberscalm wrote:
@bo1b
I didn't take it as a super negative. Just explaining why there isn't anything new in place, I'm sure there are plenty that are quick to think we'd rather just copy BW instead of try something new.

That is indeed the goal!!!

We've had years of development to figure out what is anti fun and have patched accordingly. Right now we are looking at reapers vs lings for instance, that might get a slight adjustment. Same with queen enrage.

Hope to see you on b.net some time.

Why not just half the dmg if you attack from low ground? I think the 50% misschance is more exciting, but i think that would do the trick too (i guess?)
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
decemberscalm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1353 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 04:30:31
January 12 2014 04:30 GMT
#16
On January 12 2014 13:27 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 13:23 decemberscalm wrote:
@bo1b
I didn't take it as a super negative. Just explaining why there isn't anything new in place, I'm sure there are plenty that are quick to think we'd rather just copy BW instead of try something new.

That is indeed the goal!!!

We've had years of development to figure out what is anti fun and have patched accordingly. Right now we are looking at reapers vs lings for instance, that might get a slight adjustment. Same with queen enrage.

Hope to see you on b.net some time.

Why not just half the dmg if you attack from low ground? I think the 50% misschance is more exciting, but i think that would do the trick too (i guess?)

It breaks the armor system. Units that fire more often are punished more than units with slower punchier attacks.

Upgrades scale better on cliffs combat which is even odder.

I don't think I've ever played a game of SB so far and thought MAN I really got screwed by RNG there.

Every time you attack up a cliff you know the risk. Its a calculated risk at that point.

It would still be cool to have a nice non-rng solution of course.
decemberscalm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1353 Posts
January 12 2014 04:32 GMT
#17
On January 12 2014 13:27 elmerpogs wrote:
Whats the difference between Starbow and Starcraft 2 Broodwar?

SC2BW is a direct clone of BW.

Starbow takes BW fundamentals, the best of their units.

We design to work with the sc2 engine. Rework units from sc2 if we can make them really fun and work with the game. We've even created the sentinel which is an entirely new unit on the Stargate. A lot of BW stuff is tweaked to work well with the sc2 engine. Fundamental changes like idle auto spread for units and a bigger formation size.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
January 12 2014 04:36 GMT
#18
On January 12 2014 13:23 decemberscalm wrote:
@bo1b
I didn't take it as a super negative. Just explaining why there isn't anything new in place, I'm sure there are plenty that are quick to think we'd rather just copy BW instead of try something new.

That is indeed the goal!!!

We've had years of development to figure out what is anti fun and have patched accordingly. Right now we are looking at reapers vs lings for instance, that might get a slight adjustment. Same with queen enrage.

Hope to see you on b.net some time.

You definitely will Just got to figure out if na lags more or less then eu for me now
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
January 12 2014 04:37 GMT
#19
On January 12 2014 13:30 decemberscalm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 13:27 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On January 12 2014 13:23 decemberscalm wrote:
@bo1b
I didn't take it as a super negative. Just explaining why there isn't anything new in place, I'm sure there are plenty that are quick to think we'd rather just copy BW instead of try something new.

That is indeed the goal!!!

We've had years of development to figure out what is anti fun and have patched accordingly. Right now we are looking at reapers vs lings for instance, that might get a slight adjustment. Same with queen enrage.

Hope to see you on b.net some time.

Why not just half the dmg if you attack from low ground? I think the 50% misschance is more exciting, but i think that would do the trick too (i guess?)

It breaks the armor system. Units that fire more often are punished more than units with slower punchier attacks.

Upgrades scale better on cliffs combat which is even odder.

I don't think I've ever played a game of SB so far and thought MAN I really got screwed by RNG there.

Every time you attack up a cliff you know the risk. Its a calculated risk at that point.

It would still be cool to have a nice non-rng solution of course.


I actually like the miss chance, was just curious and yeah that makes sense^^
Well you did a great job so far, the crank stream was probably the most exciting "sc2 stream" i have seen in the last few weeks.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
FLuE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1012 Posts
January 12 2014 04:40 GMT
#20
Blizzard should just hire you guys. They could prob pay you less and make more than whatever is currently going on there.

Really great work.
1 2 3 4 5 344 345 346 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 197
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1054
Bisu 437
HiyA 132
hero 95
Mong 46
Shine 34
Bale 29
sorry 26
NotJumperer 24
Killer 14
[ Show more ]
Terrorterran 10
Noble 8
Sharp 8
ZerO 5
League of Legends
JimRising 498
Counter-Strike
ceh9539
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft803
crisheroes427
Other Games
summit1g8715
olofmeister964
PiGStarcraft347
Livibee141
ArmadaUGS48
ZerO(Twitch)0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream579
Other Games
gamesdonequick496
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• LUISG 35
• StrangeGG 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2394
League of Legends
• Rush1272
• Jankos1024
• Lourlo950
• Stunt449
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
1h 32m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
15h 32m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 2h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.