• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:55
CEST 06:55
KST 13:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8417 users

Starbow - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 344 345 346 Next
Swwww
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Switzerland812 Posts
January 12 2014 10:03 GMT
#61
I played 3 hours of this last night, most fun I have ever had in sc2. This is SO much better than regular sc2. Great work
"What is this TeamSupportGroup?" - mahnini.
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 10:12:41
January 12 2014 10:06 GMT
#62
Ok, I saw this thread and was REALLY skeptical. Looked like another rehash from people that wish sc2 was bw with better graphics.

Then I played it and couldn't stop. Really fun game. I don't necessarily think sc2 should have been this game- it's great as it is- but this is great too. The slow auto-spread built into the AI is pretty brilliant and really changes the dynamics of battles. Definitely helps get past the deathball style. Mutas are fun to control and I just realized how much I missed old style tvp mech. I think there are balance issues (first impression of psi storm is that it's extremely strong) but I'll be playing a lot of this. Great game.
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
January 12 2014 10:09 GMT
#63
Jinro I'd love to cast a game or two of you playing this. Lemme know if you decide to pick it up
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
January 12 2014 10:09 GMT
#64
Umm what does the sentinal do?
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
January 12 2014 10:10 GMT
#65
Out of interest, did you try experimenting with increasing armour for units on high ground instead of random miss?
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
January 12 2014 10:13 GMT
#66
Nice mod, any plans on making it a Extension mod when 2.1 is out? Would love to play this more on different maps.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Kabel
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden1746 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 10:14:41
January 12 2014 10:13 GMT
#67
Umm what does the sentinal do?


I am finishing the Starbow wiki atm, and that should be done today or tomorrow. In there more detailed information will be found
Creator of Starbow
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
January 12 2014 10:17 GMT
#68
On January 12 2014 19:10 iHirO wrote:
Out of interest, did you try experimenting with increasing armour for units on high ground instead of random miss?


That seems like it would screw over fast firing units really badly while leaving things like tanks almost untouched.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 10:19:05
January 12 2014 10:17 GMT
#69
I played yesterday, the first time, its quite fun, some things feels really weird, cannon range, hotkeys, unit movement and spreading. Also i think without DWeb on corsairs and no forcefields to help lock down an area, reaver + air is kinda gutted against zerg, will try that tactic more

I will keep playing it, hopefully can get in better shape
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
January 12 2014 10:25 GMT
#70
I've been following the early development of this mod long time ago, and to be honest i kind of gave up on it because even 1 year in they are still changing the fundamentals every week or so. I'm happy that they still managed to get a good mod out of it.
I just hope that now that their mod is getting traction that they won't continue this way, at one point you have to believe in your product otherwise you never ship a completed project, and that's the downfall of many ambitious mods.
Anyhow, makes me want to play sc2 again but i'm horribly rusty as I stopped playing sc2 a year and a half ago in favour of dota2. Also tons of respect to TB for what he does for this community!
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
January 12 2014 10:27 GMT
#71
Saw a PvT between Romson and Hider, looked very interesting and fun to me!
cpc
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia126 Posts
January 12 2014 10:33 GMT
#72
I've always been interested in this and its ideas though I've never actually tried playing with real people, only playing around slightly with AI.

What I seem to find is I sortof revert to broodwar style hotkeys so when I was playing a while ago (when there was no dragoon) I kept trying to build dragoons instead of stalkers. It seems I have to rebind some of the things that the classic hotkey set doesnt work for like the observatory. I just wonder if I am better of trying to use sc2 hotkeys for everything with the broodwar additions (observeratory stasis etc) as broodwar hotkeys instead of those supplied.

Anyway I think it does look interesting and it is probably well worth playing some more or for real rather instead of sc2 with a little bit of bw on the side as it seems i do atm.
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
January 12 2014 10:47 GMT
#73
It looks like a ton of fun.

Thank you TotalBiscuit for getting involved in this!
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 11:01:01
January 12 2014 10:55 GMT
#74
On January 12 2014 19:17 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 19:10 iHirO wrote:
Out of interest, did you try experimenting with increasing armour for units on high ground instead of random miss?


That seems like it would screw over fast firing units really badly while leaving things like tanks almost untouched.

How about a 50% base dmg reduction. Yes its practically the same as 50% miss chance, but I've had cases when playing BW when it literally seemed like a high ground tank was impervious against my goons just because I got unlucky. It was literally like well it takes 8 shoots to kill a tank with my goons... If I get it in 16 or less I trade well if I don't its going to be to late and I should have already pulled back.

I know that it statistically doesn't happen often, but I had cases when it literally took 6-8 extra shoots to kill a god damn tank. (And those fuckers are a lot scarier in BW). Obviously as the engagements get larger it being 50% miss or 50% dmg reduction makes absolutely no difference, but in certain early game situations (Talking from a BW viewpoint, but SB should work the same in this aspect), you don't actually know if your 2 dragoons will kill the tank or not.

Of course it's also possible that a degree of randomness was intentional.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Legatus
Profile Joined August 2010
65 Posts
January 12 2014 10:56 GMT
#75
On January 12 2014 13:30 decemberscalm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 13:27 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On January 12 2014 13:23 decemberscalm wrote:
@bo1b
I didn't take it as a super negative. Just explaining why there isn't anything new in place, I'm sure there are plenty that are quick to think we'd rather just copy BW instead of try something new.

That is indeed the goal!!!

We've had years of development to figure out what is anti fun and have patched accordingly. Right now we are looking at reapers vs lings for instance, that might get a slight adjustment. Same with queen enrage.

Hope to see you on b.net some time.

Why not just half the dmg if you attack from low ground? I think the 50% misschance is more exciting, but i think that would do the trick too (i guess?)

It breaks the armor system. Units that fire more often are punished more than units with slower punchier attacks.

Upgrades scale better on cliffs combat which is even odder.

I don't think I've ever played a game of SB so far and thought MAN I really got screwed by RNG there.

Every time you attack up a cliff you know the risk. Its a calculated risk at that point.

It would still be cool to have a nice non-rng solution of course.

Have you considered reducing the range of ranged units shooting up from the low ground? You could reduce it by 50 or 60% and keep it deterministic this way, without affecting the scaling of damage with upgrades.
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
January 12 2014 11:12 GMT
#76
On January 12 2014 19:17 Darksoldierr wrote:
I played yesterday, the first time, its quite fun, some things feels really weird, cannon range, hotkeys, unit movement and spreading. Also i think without DWeb on corsairs and no forcefields to help lock down an area, reaver + air is kinda gutted against zerg, will try that tactic more

I will keep playing it, hopefully can get in better shape


Just looking for opinions here. Is there a general consensus that DWeb on Corsair is really good for the game?
FrozenProbe
Profile Joined March 2012
Italy276 Posts
January 12 2014 11:22 GMT
#77
Is there smart casting? I feel like it's pretty bad in every situation.. selecting one templar and storm feels more and more satisfying than press 3 (t+click)*x
Byyk
Profile Joined December 2004
457 Posts
January 12 2014 11:29 GMT
#78
This mod looks good. I hope it will become big, maybe that can have some impact on Blizzard. Go Starbow!
Ma Jae Yoon, sAviOr, the greatest player of all time.
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 11:43:06
January 12 2014 11:38 GMT
#79
On January 12 2014 20:12 Hider wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 19:17 Darksoldierr wrote:
I played yesterday, the first time, its quite fun, some things feels really weird, cannon range, hotkeys, unit movement and spreading. Also i think without DWeb on corsairs and no forcefields to help lock down an area, reaver + air is kinda gutted against zerg, will try that tactic more

I will keep playing it, hopefully can get in better shape


Just looking for opinions here. Is there a general consensus that DWeb on Corsair is really good for the game?

I think so. It's a good way for protoss to deal with zerg mass static defense, without the abusive nature of force field. It also empowers reaver and DT drops, which are high risk/high reward maneuvers that take a lot of micro and APM, particularly in the case of reavers.

Been playing a few games myself, really liking it so far. I'm getting smashed, but it never feels unfair or plain un-fun, like is often the case in SC2.
Indeed. It would honestly be something of a disaster if Starbow eclipsed SC2 in popularity.

Out of curiosity TB, why would that be such a bad thing? Surely a fan made mod taking off and becoming popular is a good thing. Look what Dota did for WC3. If Blizzard are unable or unwilling to change certain things, and if the community can do it in a fun, interesting way instead, I can only see that as a good thing.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
Levistus
Profile Joined December 2009
1134 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 11:40:21
January 12 2014 11:40 GMT
#80
do reavers dud in starbow?
hey man just curious
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 344 345 346 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2089
Snow 119
Bale 31
Noble 15
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
Counter-Strike
taco 427
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1454
Mew2King2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1304
WinterStarcraft616
Other Games
summit1g7966
JimRising 649
PiGStarcraft319
C9.Mang0176
ArmadaUGS150
Maynarde135
RuFF_SC2114
Sick111
ViBE76
Livibee43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick643
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki138
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2106
League of Legends
• Lourlo1354
• Rush1098
• Stunt359
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 5m
OSC
8h 5m
Stellar Fest
8h 5m
OSC
19h 5m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.