• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:33
CEST 01:33
KST 08:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8472 users

Starbow - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 344 345 346 Next
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
January 12 2014 07:49 GMT
#41
Yeah, TheBloodyDwarf, I watched the Ryung vs Impact TvZ and it was really boring and not all that different, but the PvTs are cool. Well, they're more like BW, that's what they are, to tell the truth :D
APPSCI
Profile Joined January 2012
United States51 Posts
January 12 2014 07:52 GMT
#42
the thing i love most about starbow is that WHERE you fight matters!
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
January 12 2014 07:54 GMT
#43
On January 12 2014 16:41 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 16:35 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
I have watched only one match Ryung vs Impact but that was way more boring than hots TvZ. Less fights, everything looked more slow, I didnt see that much great micro....


"Less fights" Not really.

Also you managed to watch the absolute worst match between two people who had never played the mod, then judged the whole mod on that basis which sounds really dumb to me. Watch the first match of SC2 played, it's fucking awful. You cannot possibly expect matchs to be incredible when the players have no experience in the mod.

Watch a PvT, then tell me there are less fights and it's more boring.


I agree with him that i think TvZ is not that interesting right now in starbow (at least i didn't see any real good games till now), all the other matchups look way better than that though!


On January 12 2014 16:35 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
I have watched only one match Ryung vs Impact but that was way more boring than hots TvZ. Less fights, everything looked more slow, I didnt see that much great micro....


Well yeah that game wasn't that great and imo TvZ is better in Hots than in starbow right now (at least for the few games i have seen so far), but all the other matchups are really nice to watch and interesting i feel.
PvT for example is amazing and you really should check out crank's vods (he played some starbow a few hours ago) or maybe they are already casted by TB, i don't know :D
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 08:00:41
January 12 2014 07:59 GMT
#44
On January 12 2014 16:49 ZenithM wrote:
Yeah, TheBloodyDwarf, I watched the Ryung vs Impact TvZ and it was really boring and not all that different, but the PvTs are cool. Well, they're more like BW, that's what they are, to tell the truth :D


Well, PvT, generally, and unfortunately, has been the worst (non-mirror) match-up in SC2.
KT best KT ~ 2014
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 12 2014 08:01 GMT
#45
I'm personally just worried that this MOD potentially won't get the attention it deserves, don't really think people are open to these kinds of things.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 12 2014 08:03 GMT
#46
On January 12 2014 17:01 thezanursic wrote:
I'm personally just worried that this MOD potentially won't get the attention it deserves, don't really think people are open to these kinds of things.


It's not that people aren't open, it's that blizzard isn't going to change anything to this degree.
When I think of something else, something will go here
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 08:20:35
January 12 2014 08:20 GMT
#47
On January 12 2014 16:59 aZealot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 16:49 ZenithM wrote:
Yeah, TheBloodyDwarf, I watched the Ryung vs Impact TvZ and it was really boring and not all that different, but the PvTs are cool. Well, they're more like BW, that's what they are, to tell the truth :D


Well, PvT, generally, and unfortunately, has been the worst (non-mirror) match-up in SC2.

I don't know, I quite liked it in WoL, but the Starbow TvP definitely has more flair :D
However I feel like it's really just a matter of making mech viable, and Blizzard seems to have that in mind, so I'm kind of hopeful the "real deal" will improve from itself.

Hmm, well, vultures kick ass actually, hellions are not as awesome I feel.
decemberscalm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1353 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 08:37:52
January 12 2014 08:36 GMT
#48
@Gaius Baltar
The mod will be a mod extension as soon as the 2.1 patch hit the shelves. Downloading the PTR is a pretty big obstacle for getting a lot of players over there, so for now EU and NA works.

The usefulness of such is debatable. Starbow requires a specific map design.

@-NegativeZero-
We currently have plenty of BW maps ported and scaled up to around 144x144.
We have Destination, Andromeda, and some others hanging out on the hard drive. Mereel's unintentionally great for Starbow map called Texas. He hadn't even named it yet so the SBOW community dubbed it so.
Around 4 other ports currently hosted, like Fighting Spirit and Roadrunner.

@BisuDagger
All hail the bisu!

@TheBloodyDwarf
Both players were playing absolute sc2 style.
Par the course for first timers, using an unfamiliar race.

Check out some Starbow for yourself. I was just in a masters vs masters game PvT with long grueling micro fights across the board.

The ZvT match that was TB's first Starbow cast was probably the most odd and atypical SC2 style SBOW match I've seen in quite a while. Keep an eye for future vods of ZvT's to see if that might change your mind.

2 spines, a single lurker and a defiler prepared at a choke point is an entirely new story compared to a-moving giant groups of lurkers.

@Rankings
Its being looked into, especially with the surge of popularity. I know that a system for it is technically possible.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
January 12 2014 08:46 GMT
#49
Nice work; I wish I had the community building and writing ability to make stuff like this.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
deth
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia1757 Posts
January 12 2014 08:46 GMT
#50
The lobby/server browser through the arcade for this sucks.. Could we get a system like ladder maps for 1v1's with observers? If I open it to the public then slots fill (for example on Tau Cross, had 2 players on team 1, and 1 on team 2 randomly, insta-started) and it just doesn't work.

Mod looks pretty cool, though the chronoboost for terran is bloody silly.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
January 12 2014 08:49 GMT
#51
If nothing else, you can always use the old wgtour ladder system, where you create a match on the website via challenge, and confirm results via replay upload.

Seems fun, maybe ill play if i find the time.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
January 12 2014 08:57 GMT
#52
On January 12 2014 17:36 decemberscalm wrote:
@TheBloodyDwarf
Both players were playing absolute sc2 style.
Par the course for first timers, using an unfamiliar race.

Check out some Starbow for yourself. I was just in a masters vs masters game PvT with long grueling micro fights across the board.

The ZvT match that was TB's first Starbow cast was probably the most odd and atypical SC2 style SBOW match I've seen in quite a while. Keep an eye for future vods of ZvT's to see if that might change your mind.

2 spines, a single lurker and a defiler prepared at a choke point is an entirely new story compared to a-moving giant groups of lurkers.
.


It should also be pointed out my cast was complete dogshit and I had no idea what I was doing. My cast of CranK vs Hider (a Starbow Veteran) which is a PvT which I'm uploading tomorrow is far better.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
January 12 2014 09:01 GMT
#53
On January 12 2014 17:57 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 17:36 decemberscalm wrote:
@TheBloodyDwarf
Both players were playing absolute sc2 style.
Par the course for first timers, using an unfamiliar race.

Check out some Starbow for yourself. I was just in a masters vs masters game PvT with long grueling micro fights across the board.

The ZvT match that was TB's first Starbow cast was probably the most odd and atypical SC2 style SBOW match I've seen in quite a while. Keep an eye for future vods of ZvT's to see if that might change your mind.

2 spines, a single lurker and a defiler prepared at a choke point is an entirely new story compared to a-moving giant groups of lurkers.
.


It should also be pointed out my cast was complete dogshit and I had no idea what I was doing. My cast of CranK vs Hider (a Starbow Veteran) which is a PvT which I'm uploading tomorrow is far better.


That game was soooooo good, Crank's comments throughout the game were hilarious aswell :D
I am really excited that you push that mod right now, hopefully it helps to make it somewhat bigger!
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Armada Vega
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada120 Posts
January 12 2014 09:01 GMT
#54
After playing the starbow mod both in the past and today to see the more recent changes, I think it has come a long way. It really feels a lot better then SC2 and ladder right now. This is not just because its new and refreshing, but rather the pacing and unit interactions(econ/balance).

The only thing that I noticed immediately that bothered me a lot, was the vulture mines. Changing the mines so that they fire more like widow mines feels really off. And are too slow to trigger, my spider mines keep dying before hitting anything. The worst is when you have siege tanks with your Vultures. If a few zealots walk over the mines, the splash damage from the tanks will take out 5-8 mines before the spider mines actually lock on to zealots or dragoons. Most of my TvP's result in almost no kills with spider mines T_T

Second issue has to do with Vultures ability to do moving shots, and it seems the Starbow mod has been updated and removed moving shot? or was it never in their for Vulures? its very unfortunate. The SC2BW mod does have Vulture moving shot ability using the Patrol command. Its a little bugy but I have managed to make it work. Right now I would have to say Vultures need some fixing.

Anyway, best of luck to you guys.
twitter: @ArmadaVega
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 09:08:03
January 12 2014 09:02 GMT
#55
On January 12 2014 17:20 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 16:59 aZealot wrote:
On January 12 2014 16:49 ZenithM wrote:
Yeah, TheBloodyDwarf, I watched the Ryung vs Impact TvZ and it was really boring and not all that different, but the PvTs are cool. Well, they're more like BW, that's what they are, to tell the truth :D


Well, PvT, generally, and unfortunately, has been the worst (non-mirror) match-up in SC2.

I don't know, I quite liked it in WoL, but the Starbow TvP definitely has more flair :D
However I feel like it's really just a matter of making mech viable, and Blizzard seems to have that in mind, so I'm kind of hopeful the "real deal" will improve from itself.

Hmm, well, vultures kick ass actually, hellions are not as awesome I feel.


Did you? I've never really liked it. But, that may also be because it has always been my worst match-up. It feels restrictive.

Well, I've always been a bit of a mech skeptic in SC2. The economy set up in SC2, IMO, does not allow for the BW-esque style of (positional) mech which would be a great addition to the game. There is, I think, too much incentive to turtle and max.

Anyway, I'll check out TB's PvT vod tomorrow, and, like I said in the other thread, try out some SB next weekend.
KT best KT ~ 2014
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
January 12 2014 09:07 GMT
#56
How much time did it take to do all this work? Thousand hours, thousands of hours? several hundred?
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
January 12 2014 09:09 GMT
#57
On January 12 2014 18:01 Armada Vega wrote:
After playing the starbow mod both in the past and today to see the more recent changes, I think it has come a long way. It really feels a lot better then SC2 and ladder right now. This is not just because its new and refreshing, but rather the pacing and unit interactions(econ/balance).

The only thing that I noticed immediately that bothered me a lot, was the vulture mines. Changing the mines so that they fire more like widow mines feels really off. And are too slow to trigger, my spider mines keep dying before hitting anything. The worst is when you have siege tanks with your Vultures. If a few zealots walk over the mines, the splash damage from the tanks will take out 5-8 mines before the spider mines actually lock on to zealots or dragoons. Most of my TvP's result in almost no kills with spider mines T_T

Second issue has to do with Vultures ability to do moving shots, and it seems the Starbow mod has been updated and removed moving shot? or was it never in their for Vulures? its very unfortunate. The SC2BW mod does have Vulture moving shot ability using the Patrol command. Its a little bugy but I have managed to make it work. Right now I would have to say Vultures need some fixing.

Anyway, best of luck to you guys.

Great post.
I will give this information to the mod designer

About the vulture shot: It has been removed because, its the sc2engine->You cant select what unit the vulture attacks.
You saw some zealot and 1ht, you could not target the templar.

It was actually so sad to have it like that.
ItWhoSpeaks
Profile Joined September 2010
United States362 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 09:11:34
January 12 2014 09:10 GMT
#58
On January 12 2014 14:53 Orek wrote:
I fear that this project could potentially become another OneGoal: A better SC2 [Project Hub] , which may be a better game than current sc2 but is nowhere near as mainstream as normal ladder. Unless a significant number of players, especially influencial community figures, switch to starbow, I don't know if it can become big enough. Mass immigration to starbow while it is still a hot topic would be a requirement. If everything works well, starbow has chance to become David who beats Goliath called Blizzard.


The difference is that a major community member has publicly supported Starbow on its merits. As one of the founders of the OneGoal project, I couldn't be happier with the surge of recognition this mod is getting. We held back on a lot of things out of fear that the mod would be less approachable like economy and macro mechanics. Starbow has the staff, the community,and experience (and now the support) to really show Blizzard the potential of their game: map design, unit design, micro fundamentals, ect. We are happy something is finally happening.

The OneGoal team is in full support of Starbow and hopes that Mr. Bain continues his support of the custom community.
Reflection and Respect.
Teodice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden641 Posts
January 12 2014 09:54 GMT
#59
Arcade getting free te play. Starbow being released... Maybe something new will happen soon?
You will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not
Beef Noodles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States937 Posts
January 12 2014 09:58 GMT
#60
On January 12 2014 17:49 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
If nothing else, you can always use the old wgtour ladder system, where you create a match on the website via challenge, and confirm results via replay upload.

Seems fun, maybe ill play if i find the time.

Jinro, please play! I would love to watch your games
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 344 345 346 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE138
PiGStarcraft72
CosmosSc2 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 598
Artosis 560
910 29
Rain 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever601
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox98
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6252
Other Games
summit1g6883
shahzam579
JimRising 504
C9.Mang0271
ArmadaUGS85
Trikslyr47
ZombieGrub31
Maynarde11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick757
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream132
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen197
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
27m
PiGStarcraft72
Kung Fu Cup
11h 27m
Stellar Fest
13h 27m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.