• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:12
CEST 07:12
KST 14:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7387 users

Gay StarCraft Players - Page 208

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 206 207 208 209 210 370 Next
Don't post in this thread to say "gay gamers are like everyone else, why do they have a special thread?" It is something that has been posted numerous times, and this isn't the place for that discussion.

For regular posters, don't quote the trolls.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
January 15 2012 00:51 GMT
#4141
On January 15 2012 09:46 matjlav wrote:
So reporting back: first first date was eeeeeehh. We didn't really click too well for whatever reason, and we never did a good job of breaking the initial awkwardness, so it didn't end up being too satisfying. I could tell that he was sort of nervous and locked up (so was I), so I don't really know if that was the reason why we didn't click, or if we just aren't compatible.

Bleh. I felt like we have enough in common that we could be at least good friends, but I just didn't know how to break through the awkward. So... yeah. That's the report. Meh, there will be other dates.


Haha, I've been there. It happens. I am curious though, when he found out you were a gaymer, how did he react?
#2throwed
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-15 01:48:07
January 15 2012 01:00 GMT
#4142
On January 15 2012 09:51 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2012 09:46 matjlav wrote:
So reporting back: first first date was eeeeeehh. We didn't really click too well for whatever reason, and we never did a good job of breaking the initial awkwardness, so it didn't end up being too satisfying. I could tell that he was sort of nervous and locked up (so was I), so I don't really know if that was the reason why we didn't click, or if we just aren't compatible.

Bleh. I felt like we have enough in common that we could be at least good friends, but I just didn't know how to break through the awkward. So... yeah. That's the report. Meh, there will be other dates.


Haha, I've been there. It happens. I am curious though, when he found out you were a gaymer, how did he react?


Video games actually didn't come up in the conversation. We actually mostly talked about music, enough so that I think it was kind of a problem (we didn't really branch out the topics much). I actually don't play many video games in general (these days, all I really do is watch SC), so I don't think that the label "gaymer" fits me too well. And the watching SC thing is something that I generally don't divulge to people until I know them well enough that they'll have an open mind about it haha.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
January 15 2012 01:07 GMT
#4143
On January 15 2012 10:00 matjlav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2012 09:51 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 15 2012 09:46 matjlav wrote:
So reporting back: first first date was eeeeeehh. We didn't really click too well for whatever reason, and we never did a good job of breaking the initial awkwardness, so it didn't end up being too satisfying. I could tell that he was sort of nervous and locked up (so was I), so I don't really know if that was the reason why we didn't click, or if we just aren't compatible.

Bleh. I felt like we have enough in common that we could be at least good friends, but I just didn't know how to break through the awkward. So... yeah. That's the report. Meh, there will be other dates.


Haha, I've been there. It happens. I am curious though, when he found out you were a gaymer, how did he react?


Video games actually didn't come up in the conversation. We actually mostly talked about music, enough so that I think it was kind of a problem (we didn't really branch out the topics much). I actually don't play many video games in general (these days, all I really do is watch SC), so I think that the label "gaymer" fits me too well. And the watching SC thing is something that I generally don't divulge to people until I know them well enough that they'll have an open mind about it haha.


Ah ok. I've killed many a date by saying "in my free time I play video games." I was wondering if it was just me or it was something that just kills dates in general. I tend to not be bashful about it cause I figure if you're not ok with video games, I don't think I want a second date.
#2throwed
Stereotype
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States136 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-15 02:27:07
January 15 2012 02:25 GMT
#4144
A little off topic, and a little narcissistic, but I used to have some weird desire to be a writer, complete with an idea that I still think would make a cool sci-fi book or something.

Here's a little sample of my writing I just posted

My Surgery

Let me know what you think!

Edit: liposuction on a double-chinned smiley...
Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. -- John Lennon
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-15 02:56:02
January 15 2012 02:38 GMT
#4145
On January 15 2012 11:25 Stereotype wrote:
A little off topic, and a little narcissistic, but I used to have some weird desire to be a writer, complete with an idea that I still think would make a cool sci-fi book or something.

Here's a little sample of my writing I just posted

My Surgery

Let me know what you think!

Edit: liposuction on a double-chinned smiley...


Interesting. My dad is going back to school for nursing so he has to do stuff like this. I enjoyed how you made yourself out as the patient first and later revealed yourself as the PA. Definitely caught me offguard. Great signs to come if you can show that much empathy for a patient. May I ask, have you been on the patient's side and know what he's experiencing first hand or are you just that empathetic? Personally I'd be simpathetic of the whole thing (empathy is rare for me, its usually only from a first hand experience that I can feel it)

@matjlav I'm like that too. I'm very reserved when I'm first meeting someone or in an uncomfortable environment. I also usually end up talking mostly about games, since the only sport I am interested in is soccer and most people here only care about basketball and football. Breaking the ice is tough though, but at least you gave it a shot! To better dates in the future! :D
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
Roe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada6002 Posts
January 15 2012 02:57 GMT
#4146
On January 15 2012 09:46 matjlav wrote:
So reporting back: first first date was eeeeeehh. We didn't really click too well for whatever reason, and we never did a good job of breaking the initial awkwardness, so it didn't end up being too satisfying. I could tell that he was sort of nervous and locked up (so was I), so I don't really know if that was the reason why we didn't click, or if we just aren't compatible.

Bleh. I felt like we have enough in common that we could be at least good friends, but I just didn't know how to break through the awkward. So... yeah. That's the report. Meh, there will be other dates.

well, I imagine anyone's first date is really uncomfortable, thinking back to grade school when kids were really awkward...if you havent had any experience you'll be right in that mentality with a whole lot more energy pent up.
Stereotype
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States136 Posts
January 15 2012 02:58 GMT
#4147
Nope, only medical problem I've ever had was an episode of depression like 4-5 years ago due to irl events that resolved after a bit. I'd like to think that the empathetic shenanigans I pretend are are why I'm going into health care instead of engineering like I was originally "supposed" to do.
Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. -- John Lennon
icclown
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Denmark270 Posts
January 15 2012 03:06 GMT
#4148
This thread is so descriminating!
He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past. BUFFER INTO GG
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
January 15 2012 03:10 GMT
#4149
On January 15 2012 11:58 Stereotype wrote:
Nope, only medical problem I've ever had was an episode of depression like 4-5 years ago due to irl events that resolved after a bit. I'd like to think that the empathetic shenanigans I pretend are are why I'm going into health care instead of engineering like I was originally "supposed" to do.


Well hope you have great success then. Empathetic doctors are a rarity! I've been on the patient end, not for apendenitis (my spelling can be bad at times, forgive me), but for wrist surgery after a wreck (four hour surgery to install pins and restructure the bone). Though my surgery wasn't emergency surgery and I was with the surgeon the entire time almost (the nurse did all the basic checks and got me in the surgical gown, but other that the surgeon handled everything else). I'm actually impressed at how calm they can be under all the pressure they have.
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
jarrydesque
Profile Joined November 2010
584 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-15 16:26:40
January 15 2012 16:26 GMT
#4150
Hi guys, did you miss me? Just got back from a weekend away and it's feck hot and I'm sunburnt... again.

On January 15 2012 09:46 matjlav wrote:
So reporting back: first first date was eeeeeehh. We didn't really click too well for whatever reason, and we never did a good job of breaking the initial awkwardness, so it didn't end up being too satisfying. I could tell that he was sort of nervous and locked up (so was I), so I don't really know if that was the reason why we didn't click, or if we just aren't compatible.

Bleh. I felt like we have enough in common that we could be at least good friends, but I just didn't know how to break through the awkward. So... yeah. That's the report. Meh, there will be other dates.

When this happens I immediately order shooters.

On January 14 2012 10:18 Stereotype wrote:
Just heard this from one of my best friends.... LOVED it so much decided I'd share it with you guys!

"Asking who is the 'man' and who is the 'woman' in a gay relationship is like going into a Chinese restaurant and asking which chopstick is the fork"


I like this as I often get asked this question.
#1 Kennigit fanboy/stalker
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 15 2012 17:18 GMT
#4151
On January 15 2012 09:46 matjlav wrote:
So reporting back: first first date was eeeeeehh. We didn't really click too well for whatever reason, and we never did a good job of breaking the initial awkwardness, so it didn't end up being too satisfying. I could tell that he was sort of nervous and locked up (so was I), so I don't really know if that was the reason why we didn't click, or if we just aren't compatible.

Bleh. I felt like we have enough in common that we could be at least good friends, but I just didn't know how to break through the awkward. So... yeah. That's the report. Meh, there will be other dates.


What did you actually do for your date?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
January 15 2012 17:48 GMT
#4152
On January 16 2012 01:26 jarrydesque wrote:
When this happens I immediately order shooters.


Oh, I totally would, but I live in the US and am not 21. Which is also annoying since "go out and get a drink" is such a standard test-the-waters activity. I think for my next date, I'll have a drink or two beforehand, though. Not enough to make a fool of myself (or impair my driving) of course, but enough to loosen up.

On January 16 2012 02:18 marvellosity wrote:
What did you actually do for your date?


Just went and got lunch somewhere. It wasn't really a formal "date" though it was clear that that was what we both were thinking of it as.
Roe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada6002 Posts
January 15 2012 18:13 GMT
#4153
On January 16 2012 02:48 matjlav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2012 01:26 jarrydesque wrote:
When this happens I immediately order shooters.


Oh, I totally would, but I live in the US and am not 21. Which is also annoying since "go out and get a drink" is such a standard test-the-waters activity. I think for my next date, I'll have a drink or two beforehand, though. Not enough to make a fool of myself (or impair my driving) of course, but enough to loosen up.

Show nested quote +
On January 16 2012 02:18 marvellosity wrote:
What did you actually do for your date?


Just went and got lunch somewhere. It wasn't really a formal "date" though it was clear that that was what we both were thinking of it as.

Don't drink and drive!
What did you eat?
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
January 16 2012 04:36 GMT
#4154
On January 16 2012 03:13 Roe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2012 02:48 matjlav wrote:
On January 16 2012 01:26 jarrydesque wrote:
When this happens I immediately order shooters.


Oh, I totally would, but I live in the US and am not 21. Which is also annoying since "go out and get a drink" is such a standard test-the-waters activity. I think for my next date, I'll have a drink or two beforehand, though. Not enough to make a fool of myself (or impair my driving) of course, but enough to loosen up.

On January 16 2012 02:18 marvellosity wrote:
What did you actually do for your date?


Just went and got lunch somewhere. It wasn't really a formal "date" though it was clear that that was what we both were thinking of it as.

Don't drink and drive!
What did you eat?


I learned in my biochem class that the legal limit is actually a lot more booze than you'd think. Obviously don't test it but you really don't have to be paranoid about it. What makes ME paranoid are all those damn commercials where the cops are like "we'll see you before you see us." Freaking Orwellian man.
#2throwed
Roe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada6002 Posts
January 16 2012 05:52 GMT
#4155
On January 16 2012 13:36 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2012 03:13 Roe wrote:
On January 16 2012 02:48 matjlav wrote:
On January 16 2012 01:26 jarrydesque wrote:
When this happens I immediately order shooters.


Oh, I totally would, but I live in the US and am not 21. Which is also annoying since "go out and get a drink" is such a standard test-the-waters activity. I think for my next date, I'll have a drink or two beforehand, though. Not enough to make a fool of myself (or impair my driving) of course, but enough to loosen up.

On January 16 2012 02:18 marvellosity wrote:
What did you actually do for your date?


Just went and got lunch somewhere. It wasn't really a formal "date" though it was clear that that was what we both were thinking of it as.

Don't drink and drive!
What did you eat?


I learned in my biochem class that the legal limit is actually a lot more booze than you'd think. Obviously don't test it but you really don't have to be paranoid about it. What makes ME paranoid are all those damn commercials where the cops are like "we'll see you before you see us." Freaking Orwellian man.

well it really just matters how much liquor you can hold. one of my friends gets all red in the face and dizzy after one beer :S I on the other hand...
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-16 06:00:15
January 16 2012 05:59 GMT
#4156
On January 16 2012 14:52 Roe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2012 13:36 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 16 2012 03:13 Roe wrote:
On January 16 2012 02:48 matjlav wrote:
On January 16 2012 01:26 jarrydesque wrote:
When this happens I immediately order shooters.


Oh, I totally would, but I live in the US and am not 21. Which is also annoying since "go out and get a drink" is such a standard test-the-waters activity. I think for my next date, I'll have a drink or two beforehand, though. Not enough to make a fool of myself (or impair my driving) of course, but enough to loosen up.

On January 16 2012 02:18 marvellosity wrote:
What did you actually do for your date?


Just went and got lunch somewhere. It wasn't really a formal "date" though it was clear that that was what we both were thinking of it as.

Don't drink and drive!
What did you eat?


I learned in my biochem class that the legal limit is actually a lot more booze than you'd think. Obviously don't test it but you really don't have to be paranoid about it. What makes ME paranoid are all those damn commercials where the cops are like "we'll see you before you see us." Freaking Orwellian man.

well it really just matters how much liquor you can hold. one of my friends gets all red in the face and dizzy after one beer :S I on the other hand...


Tolerance will affect how you behave but it won't change your breathalyzer (sp?) results. That's a function of body weight and genes. Booze is a bitch like that.

P.S. I feel like we'd make awesome drinking buddies.
#2throwed
Bortlett
Profile Joined October 2010
United States302 Posts
January 16 2012 15:28 GMT
#4157
So we've talked a lot about cute players, what about cute casters? I for one think Wolf is REALLY cute, Artosis is as well. Both are straight but I can dream .
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
January 16 2012 15:31 GMT
#4158
On January 17 2012 00:28 Bortlett wrote:
So we've talked a lot about cute players, what about cute casters? I for one think Wolf is REALLY cute, Artosis is as well. Both are straight but I can dream .


In the interest of not being too easily pleased I'm going to limit myself to two: Rotterdam and Tasteless.
#2throwed
Bortlett
Profile Joined October 2010
United States302 Posts
January 16 2012 15:33 GMT
#4159
On January 17 2012 00:31 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 00:28 Bortlett wrote:
So we've talked a lot about cute players, what about cute casters? I for one think Wolf is REALLY cute, Artosis is as well. Both are straight but I can dream .


In the interest of not being too easily pleased I'm going to limit myself to two: Rotterdam and Tasteless.


I think Rotterdam is hot too, Tasteless doesn't do anything for me though for whatever reason .
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
January 16 2012 15:39 GMT
#4160
On January 17 2012 00:33 Bortlett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 00:31 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 17 2012 00:28 Bortlett wrote:
So we've talked a lot about cute players, what about cute casters? I for one think Wolf is REALLY cute, Artosis is as well. Both are straight but I can dream .


In the interest of not being too easily pleased I'm going to limit myself to two: Rotterdam and Tasteless.


I think Rotterdam is hot too, Tasteless doesn't do anything for me though for whatever reason .


Good. Less competition for me if he ever decides to try out guys.
#2throwed
Prev 1 206 207 208 209 210 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft380
RuFF_SC2 189
Nina 74
-ZergGirl 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2065
sorry 44
910 31
Bale 24
yabsab 11
ZergMaN 10
NotJumperer 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 770
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1105
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox720
Mew2King0
Other Games
summit1g7872
WinterStarcraft341
C9.Mang0271
Livibee160
Sick139
Maynarde130
ViBE75
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick675
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream175
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2255
League of Legends
• Stunt435
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 49m
Stellar Fest
7h 49m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.