• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:24
CEST 16:24
KST 23:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9006 users

Gay StarCraft Players - Page 207

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 205 206 207 208 209 370 Next
Don't post in this thread to say "gay gamers are like everyone else, why do they have a special thread?" It is something that has been posted numerous times, and this isn't the place for that discussion.

For regular posters, don't quote the trolls.
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
January 13 2012 04:16 GMT
#4121
On January 13 2012 11:05 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 10:50 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:45 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:32 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:06 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:03 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 09:36 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 09:28 matjlav wrote:
On January 12 2012 23:30 Troxle wrote:
On January 12 2012 22:31 Roe wrote:
[quote]
statistics harder than calculus? whaaaaaat?


I've never taken statistics so I wouldn't know to be honest, just trying to understand what is being talked about right now is lost on me. If it was Calculus talk y'all would probably be the same way as I feel now though!


Yeah, basic stats is much easier than calc. I've heard that advanced stats is a good deal harder than the basic stuff, though.

Basically, when you're trying to test some hypothesis about a proportion (e.g. the proportion of red-haired people in the US or the proportion of gay Zergs), you start by assuming the proportion to equal something (this is the "null hypothesis"). Then, using a t-test, you can figure out the probability that you would get the results you did, assuming the null hypothesis to be true. If this probability is very small, you can say that the null hypothesis is false because what happened would have been very unlikely if it were true. If it's larger, then you say that you "do not reject" the null hypothesis, because it doesn't show that your hypothesis is true; it just shows that if it is true, then your results aren't too weird.

Calc is way more interesting though, in my opinion. Also prettier! I love integral signs. In multivar, most people hated when we did triple integrals in polar coordinates, but I loved it because it's so damn pretty. Seriously, I was doing homework on a plane home for Thanksgiving, and the flight attendant complemented me on how pretty my homework was. Awesome.

Gay engineers represent?


I'm not an engineer but I am WAY jealous of gay engineer sex.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




Haha, love SMBC. Though that comic assumes that the gay engineers (unlike me) are not too socially awkward to get a boyfriend On that note, it looks like I'll be going on my first actual date - ever - this weekend. Wish me luck, lol.


LUCK WISHED! That's actually a really exciting landmark.


Haha, yes, it should be. Unfortunately, most of what my mind says to me about that is "WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO DAMN LONG." Ah, well. Still pretty excited though.


Because gay guys have a harder time accepting that they like guys, they have a harder time being comfortable or feeling safe in public with another guy, and then statistically...it's just harder for gay guys to even find each other to ask each other out. I would venture that most, if not all, of us started dating WAY later than our straight friends.


Yeah, but the weird thing is that I've been totally okay with it for years. I just didn't come out until the last few months mostly because I just never felt like I had a good way to break the subject, haha. Also a general dislike of changing the status quo. and I think I was always kind of nervous that I would still never get laid after coming out, and then I'd be out of excuses for myself. I dunno. Things are at least looking up at the moment.


And be excited about the looking up! Remember, analyzing why you failed is only relevant if you haven't done anything to fix it. You fixed it.


Thanks man. I'm trying not to calm my nerves by recognizing that if I don't get a boyfriend out of it, I might still get a friend, and failing that, it'll be good as practice for the next guy
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
January 13 2012 04:20 GMT
#4122
On January 13 2012 13:16 matjlav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 11:05 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:50 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:45 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:32 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:06 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:03 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 09:36 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 09:28 matjlav wrote:
On January 12 2012 23:30 Troxle wrote:
[quote]

I've never taken statistics so I wouldn't know to be honest, just trying to understand what is being talked about right now is lost on me. If it was Calculus talk y'all would probably be the same way as I feel now though!


Yeah, basic stats is much easier than calc. I've heard that advanced stats is a good deal harder than the basic stuff, though.

Basically, when you're trying to test some hypothesis about a proportion (e.g. the proportion of red-haired people in the US or the proportion of gay Zergs), you start by assuming the proportion to equal something (this is the "null hypothesis"). Then, using a t-test, you can figure out the probability that you would get the results you did, assuming the null hypothesis to be true. If this probability is very small, you can say that the null hypothesis is false because what happened would have been very unlikely if it were true. If it's larger, then you say that you "do not reject" the null hypothesis, because it doesn't show that your hypothesis is true; it just shows that if it is true, then your results aren't too weird.

Calc is way more interesting though, in my opinion. Also prettier! I love integral signs. In multivar, most people hated when we did triple integrals in polar coordinates, but I loved it because it's so damn pretty. Seriously, I was doing homework on a plane home for Thanksgiving, and the flight attendant complemented me on how pretty my homework was. Awesome.

Gay engineers represent?


I'm not an engineer but I am WAY jealous of gay engineer sex.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




Haha, love SMBC. Though that comic assumes that the gay engineers (unlike me) are not too socially awkward to get a boyfriend On that note, it looks like I'll be going on my first actual date - ever - this weekend. Wish me luck, lol.


LUCK WISHED! That's actually a really exciting landmark.


Haha, yes, it should be. Unfortunately, most of what my mind says to me about that is "WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO DAMN LONG." Ah, well. Still pretty excited though.


Because gay guys have a harder time accepting that they like guys, they have a harder time being comfortable or feeling safe in public with another guy, and then statistically...it's just harder for gay guys to even find each other to ask each other out. I would venture that most, if not all, of us started dating WAY later than our straight friends.


Yeah, but the weird thing is that I've been totally okay with it for years. I just didn't come out until the last few months mostly because I just never felt like I had a good way to break the subject, haha. Also a general dislike of changing the status quo. and I think I was always kind of nervous that I would still never get laid after coming out, and then I'd be out of excuses for myself. I dunno. Things are at least looking up at the moment.


And be excited about the looking up! Remember, analyzing why you failed is only relevant if you haven't done anything to fix it. You fixed it.


Thanks man. I'm trying not to calm my nerves by recognizing that if I don't get a boyfriend out of it, I might still get a friend, and failing that, it'll be good as practice for the next guy


Ah yes, sobering advice time: Hollywood lies. Relationships don't magically happen out of nowhere with the first guy you meet. But that's ok! Just keep an open mind and enjoy yourself. The nerves kinda suck, but they're ultimately a good thing. Your body is excited just like you should be And I think you have a good perspective so you should be ok.
#2throwed
Lakarah
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada29 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-13 05:02:01
January 13 2012 04:41 GMT
#4123
Congrats to the guy above! :D

[image loading]

I'm sorry this is cutting into the discussion up there but I hope this makes everyone's day as much as it made mine.

Edit:My engrish is good when I'm tired.
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
January 13 2012 05:50 GMT
#4124
On January 13 2012 09:28 matjlav wrote:

Yeah, basic stats is much easier than calc. I've heard that advanced stats is a good deal harder than the basic stuff, though.

Basically, when you're trying to test some hypothesis about a proportion (e.g. the proportion of red-haired people in the US or the proportion of gay Zergs), you start by assuming the proportion to equal something (this is the "null hypothesis"). Then, using a t-test, you can figure out the probability that you would get the results you did, assuming the null hypothesis to be true. If this probability is very small, you can say that the null hypothesis is false because what happened would have been very unlikely if it were true. If it's larger, then you say that you "do not reject" the null hypothesis, because it doesn't show that your hypothesis is true; it just shows that if it is true, then your results aren't too weird.

Calc is way more interesting though, in my opinion. Also prettier! I love integral signs. In multivar, most people hated when we did triple integrals in polar coordinates, but I loved it because it's so damn pretty. Seriously, I was doing homework on a plane home for Thanksgiving, and the flight attendant complemented me on how pretty my homework was. Awesome.

Gay engineers represent?


Woot represent! I hated triple integrals in Vector Calc...I spent too much time making my work look too good and when problems took about thirty minutes a piece to solve, it took me like an hour to write cause I wanted everything to look super neat >.< My favorite thing was Green's Theorem and Partial Derivatives. We spent all year going over the stuff I felt was harder and finished the term doing stuff like that. Most of the people in my class fell apart over Green's Theorem, wasn't quite sure how...it was just a Theorem based off of Partial Derivatives...

On January 13 2012 10:03 matjlav wrote:

Haha, love SMBC. Though that comic assumes that the gay engineers (unlike me) are not too socially awkward to get a boyfriend On that note, it looks like I'll be going on my first actual date - ever - this weekend. Wish me luck, lol.


Best of luck! And congratulations!

On January 13 2012 10:32 matjlav wrote:

Haha, yes, it should be. Unfortunately, most of what my mind says to me about that is "WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO DAMN LONG." Ah, well. Still pretty excited though.


I think most of us have experienced that or are going through it. And those who aren't will eventually be there (its not as dreadful as you think and I live in the boondocks in the South where people have couches in their front yard and shotguns in the back of their car!)

On January 13 2012 10:50 matjlav wrote:

Yeah, but the weird thing is that I've been totally okay with it for years. I just didn't come out until the last few months mostly because I just never felt like I had a good way to break the subject, haha. Also a general dislike of changing the status quo. and I think I was always kind of nervous that I would still never get laid after coming out, and then I'd be out of excuses for myself. I dunno. Things are at least looking up at the moment.


I'm having the same issue breaking it to my best friend. Like everybody in the world knows except him and I still can't tell him (its just never fitting it seems >.<)
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
January 13 2012 05:55 GMT
#4125
On January 13 2012 14:50 Troxle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 09:28 matjlav wrote:

Yeah, basic stats is much easier than calc. I've heard that advanced stats is a good deal harder than the basic stuff, though.

Basically, when you're trying to test some hypothesis about a proportion (e.g. the proportion of red-haired people in the US or the proportion of gay Zergs), you start by assuming the proportion to equal something (this is the "null hypothesis"). Then, using a t-test, you can figure out the probability that you would get the results you did, assuming the null hypothesis to be true. If this probability is very small, you can say that the null hypothesis is false because what happened would have been very unlikely if it were true. If it's larger, then you say that you "do not reject" the null hypothesis, because it doesn't show that your hypothesis is true; it just shows that if it is true, then your results aren't too weird.

Calc is way more interesting though, in my opinion. Also prettier! I love integral signs. In multivar, most people hated when we did triple integrals in polar coordinates, but I loved it because it's so damn pretty. Seriously, I was doing homework on a plane home for Thanksgiving, and the flight attendant complemented me on how pretty my homework was. Awesome.

Gay engineers represent?


Woot represent! I hated triple integrals in Vector Calc...I spent too much time making my work look too good and when problems took about thirty minutes a piece to solve, it took me like an hour to write cause I wanted everything to look super neat >.< My favorite thing was Green's Theorem and Partial Derivatives. We spent all year going over the stuff I felt was harder and finished the term doing stuff like that. Most of the people in my class fell apart over Green's Theorem, wasn't quite sure how...it was just a Theorem based off of Partial Derivatives...

Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 10:03 matjlav wrote:

Haha, love SMBC. Though that comic assumes that the gay engineers (unlike me) are not too socially awkward to get a boyfriend On that note, it looks like I'll be going on my first actual date - ever - this weekend. Wish me luck, lol.


Best of luck! And congratulations!

Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 10:32 matjlav wrote:

Haha, yes, it should be. Unfortunately, most of what my mind says to me about that is "WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO DAMN LONG." Ah, well. Still pretty excited though.


I think most of us have experienced that or are going through it. And those who aren't will eventually be there (its not as dreadful as you think and I live in the boondocks in the South where people have couches in their front yard and shotguns in the back of their car!)

Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 10:50 matjlav wrote:

Yeah, but the weird thing is that I've been totally okay with it for years. I just didn't come out until the last few months mostly because I just never felt like I had a good way to break the subject, haha. Also a general dislike of changing the status quo. and I think I was always kind of nervous that I would still never get laid after coming out, and then I'd be out of excuses for myself. I dunno. Things are at least looking up at the moment.


I'm having the same issue breaking it to my best friend. Like everybody in the world knows except him and I still can't tell him (its just never fitting it seems >.<)


Just both of you get super drunk and tell him. It's how I managed to tell my best friend. We were at a bar...we had WAY too much to drink, and I just slurred it at him.
#2throwed
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
January 13 2012 06:27 GMT
#4126
On January 13 2012 14:55 Klondikebar wrote:

Just both of you get super drunk and tell him. It's how I managed to tell my best friend. We were at a bar...we had WAY too much to drink, and I just slurred it at him.


I've actually never been drunk with my best friend to be honest. He's like the only person I don't drink with. When we hang out, some people believe us to be drunk or high though. You know you have a good friend when you only talk about getting drunk when hanging out with other people and not your best friend! Or maybe that's just my view on life >.<
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
Barburas
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom247 Posts
January 13 2012 12:46 GMT
#4127


If only JYP... if only..
Axero
Profile Joined September 2011
United States307 Posts
January 13 2012 12:49 GMT
#4128
On January 13 2012 21:46 Barburas wrote:
https://twitter.com/#!/EGJYP/status/157659919066218496

If only JYP... if only..


Elaborate EG pre-announcement announcement? >.> <.<
☺
RoMGraViTy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States314 Posts
January 13 2012 14:20 GMT
#4129
On January 13 2012 21:49 Axero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 21:46 Barburas wrote:
https://twitter.com/#!/EGJYP/status/157659919066218496

If only JYP... if only..


Elaborate EG pre-announcement announcement? >.> <.<


if only.....if only....
"Khaldor is a younger version of Goro from Mortal Kombat" - Tasteless
Bortlett
Profile Joined October 2010
United States302 Posts
January 13 2012 14:48 GMT
#4130
On January 13 2012 13:20 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 13:16 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 11:05 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:50 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:45 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:32 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:06 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:03 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 09:36 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 09:28 matjlav wrote:
[quote]

Yeah, basic stats is much easier than calc. I've heard that advanced stats is a good deal harder than the basic stuff, though.

Basically, when you're trying to test some hypothesis about a proportion (e.g. the proportion of red-haired people in the US or the proportion of gay Zergs), you start by assuming the proportion to equal something (this is the "null hypothesis"). Then, using a t-test, you can figure out the probability that you would get the results you did, assuming the null hypothesis to be true. If this probability is very small, you can say that the null hypothesis is false because what happened would have been very unlikely if it were true. If it's larger, then you say that you "do not reject" the null hypothesis, because it doesn't show that your hypothesis is true; it just shows that if it is true, then your results aren't too weird.

Calc is way more interesting though, in my opinion. Also prettier! I love integral signs. In multivar, most people hated when we did triple integrals in polar coordinates, but I loved it because it's so damn pretty. Seriously, I was doing homework on a plane home for Thanksgiving, and the flight attendant complemented me on how pretty my homework was. Awesome.

Gay engineers represent?


I'm not an engineer but I am WAY jealous of gay engineer sex.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




Haha, love SMBC. Though that comic assumes that the gay engineers (unlike me) are not too socially awkward to get a boyfriend On that note, it looks like I'll be going on my first actual date - ever - this weekend. Wish me luck, lol.


LUCK WISHED! That's actually a really exciting landmark.


Haha, yes, it should be. Unfortunately, most of what my mind says to me about that is "WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO DAMN LONG." Ah, well. Still pretty excited though.


Because gay guys have a harder time accepting that they like guys, they have a harder time being comfortable or feeling safe in public with another guy, and then statistically...it's just harder for gay guys to even find each other to ask each other out. I would venture that most, if not all, of us started dating WAY later than our straight friends.


Yeah, but the weird thing is that I've been totally okay with it for years. I just didn't come out until the last few months mostly because I just never felt like I had a good way to break the subject, haha. Also a general dislike of changing the status quo. and I think I was always kind of nervous that I would still never get laid after coming out, and then I'd be out of excuses for myself. I dunno. Things are at least looking up at the moment.


And be excited about the looking up! Remember, analyzing why you failed is only relevant if you haven't done anything to fix it. You fixed it.


Thanks man. I'm trying not to calm my nerves by recognizing that if I don't get a boyfriend out of it, I might still get a friend, and failing that, it'll be good as practice for the next guy


Ah yes, sobering advice time: Hollywood lies. Relationships don't magically happen out of nowhere with the first guy you meet. But that's ok! Just keep an open mind and enjoy yourself. The nerves kinda suck, but they're ultimately a good thing. Your body is excited just like you should be And I think you have a good perspective so you should be ok.


I agree . I went on my first gay date a couple years ago and I felt so nieve then. I've been on a few dates since then, and while I haven't found a serious boyfriend yet, I feel confident enough to ask people out and go on dates.

You'd better update us on how it goes !
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 13 2012 15:00 GMT
#4131
On January 13 2012 23:48 Bortlett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 13:20 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 13:16 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 11:05 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:50 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:45 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:32 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:06 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:03 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 09:36 Klondikebar wrote:
[quote]

I'm not an engineer but I am WAY jealous of gay engineer sex.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




Haha, love SMBC. Though that comic assumes that the gay engineers (unlike me) are not too socially awkward to get a boyfriend On that note, it looks like I'll be going on my first actual date - ever - this weekend. Wish me luck, lol.


LUCK WISHED! That's actually a really exciting landmark.


Haha, yes, it should be. Unfortunately, most of what my mind says to me about that is "WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO DAMN LONG." Ah, well. Still pretty excited though.


Because gay guys have a harder time accepting that they like guys, they have a harder time being comfortable or feeling safe in public with another guy, and then statistically...it's just harder for gay guys to even find each other to ask each other out. I would venture that most, if not all, of us started dating WAY later than our straight friends.


Yeah, but the weird thing is that I've been totally okay with it for years. I just didn't come out until the last few months mostly because I just never felt like I had a good way to break the subject, haha. Also a general dislike of changing the status quo. and I think I was always kind of nervous that I would still never get laid after coming out, and then I'd be out of excuses for myself. I dunno. Things are at least looking up at the moment.


And be excited about the looking up! Remember, analyzing why you failed is only relevant if you haven't done anything to fix it. You fixed it.


Thanks man. I'm trying not to calm my nerves by recognizing that if I don't get a boyfriend out of it, I might still get a friend, and failing that, it'll be good as practice for the next guy


Ah yes, sobering advice time: Hollywood lies. Relationships don't magically happen out of nowhere with the first guy you meet. But that's ok! Just keep an open mind and enjoy yourself. The nerves kinda suck, but they're ultimately a good thing. Your body is excited just like you should be And I think you have a good perspective so you should be ok.


I agree . I went on my first gay date a couple years ago and I felt so nieve then. I've been on a few dates since then, and while I haven't found a serious boyfriend yet, I feel confident enough to ask people out and go on dates.

You'd better update us on how it goes !


Yeah, good luck, and give us a report :D

Dating is indeed trial and error. I've had many flings and boyfriends; some are not cute enough, some are too nice or too needy, some there just isn't the spark... it's not easy to combine everything.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-14 00:27:15
January 14 2012 00:22 GMT
#4132
On January 14 2012 00:00 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 23:48 Bortlett wrote:
On January 13 2012 13:20 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 13:16 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 11:05 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:50 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:45 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:32 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:06 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:03 matjlav wrote:
[quote]

Haha, love SMBC. Though that comic assumes that the gay engineers (unlike me) are not too socially awkward to get a boyfriend On that note, it looks like I'll be going on my first actual date - ever - this weekend. Wish me luck, lol.


LUCK WISHED! That's actually a really exciting landmark.


Haha, yes, it should be. Unfortunately, most of what my mind says to me about that is "WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO DAMN LONG." Ah, well. Still pretty excited though.


Because gay guys have a harder time accepting that they like guys, they have a harder time being comfortable or feeling safe in public with another guy, and then statistically...it's just harder for gay guys to even find each other to ask each other out. I would venture that most, if not all, of us started dating WAY later than our straight friends.


Yeah, but the weird thing is that I've been totally okay with it for years. I just didn't come out until the last few months mostly because I just never felt like I had a good way to break the subject, haha. Also a general dislike of changing the status quo. and I think I was always kind of nervous that I would still never get laid after coming out, and then I'd be out of excuses for myself. I dunno. Things are at least looking up at the moment.


And be excited about the looking up! Remember, analyzing why you failed is only relevant if you haven't done anything to fix it. You fixed it.


Thanks man. I'm trying not to calm my nerves by recognizing that if I don't get a boyfriend out of it, I might still get a friend, and failing that, it'll be good as practice for the next guy


Ah yes, sobering advice time: Hollywood lies. Relationships don't magically happen out of nowhere with the first guy you meet. But that's ok! Just keep an open mind and enjoy yourself. The nerves kinda suck, but they're ultimately a good thing. Your body is excited just like you should be And I think you have a good perspective so you should be ok.


I agree . I went on my first gay date a couple years ago and I felt so nieve then. I've been on a few dates since then, and while I haven't found a serious boyfriend yet, I feel confident enough to ask people out and go on dates.

You'd better update us on how it goes !


Yeah, good luck, and give us a report :D

Dating is indeed trial and error. I've had many flings and boyfriends; some are not cute enough, some are too nice or too needy, some there just isn't the spark... it's not easy to combine everything.


Yeah, I'm trying not to expect too much. Though I've been debating whether it's worth it to have a less-than-ideal fling just so I can get some experience under my belt (ahem) instead of trying to wait for someone I'm super crazy about, haha.

But I will definitely report back, unless it's like absolutely terrible. Thanks for the support, all!
Stereotype
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States136 Posts
January 14 2012 01:18 GMT
#4133
Just heard this from one of my best friends.... LOVED it so much decided I'd share it with you guys!

"Asking who is the 'man' and who is the 'woman' in a gay relationship is like going into a Chinese restaurant and asking which chopstick is the fork"
Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. -- John Lennon
Bortlett
Profile Joined October 2010
United States302 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-14 02:06:24
January 14 2012 02:05 GMT
#4134
On January 14 2012 09:22 matjlav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2012 00:00 marvellosity wrote:
On January 13 2012 23:48 Bortlett wrote:
On January 13 2012 13:20 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 13:16 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 11:05 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:50 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:45 Klondikebar wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:32 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 10:06 Klondikebar wrote:
[quote]

LUCK WISHED! That's actually a really exciting landmark.


Haha, yes, it should be. Unfortunately, most of what my mind says to me about that is "WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO DAMN LONG." Ah, well. Still pretty excited though.


Because gay guys have a harder time accepting that they like guys, they have a harder time being comfortable or feeling safe in public with another guy, and then statistically...it's just harder for gay guys to even find each other to ask each other out. I would venture that most, if not all, of us started dating WAY later than our straight friends.


Yeah, but the weird thing is that I've been totally okay with it for years. I just didn't come out until the last few months mostly because I just never felt like I had a good way to break the subject, haha. Also a general dislike of changing the status quo. and I think I was always kind of nervous that I would still never get laid after coming out, and then I'd be out of excuses for myself. I dunno. Things are at least looking up at the moment.


And be excited about the looking up! Remember, analyzing why you failed is only relevant if you haven't done anything to fix it. You fixed it.


Thanks man. I'm trying not to calm my nerves by recognizing that if I don't get a boyfriend out of it, I might still get a friend, and failing that, it'll be good as practice for the next guy


Ah yes, sobering advice time: Hollywood lies. Relationships don't magically happen out of nowhere with the first guy you meet. But that's ok! Just keep an open mind and enjoy yourself. The nerves kinda suck, but they're ultimately a good thing. Your body is excited just like you should be And I think you have a good perspective so you should be ok.


I agree . I went on my first gay date a couple years ago and I felt so nieve then. I've been on a few dates since then, and while I haven't found a serious boyfriend yet, I feel confident enough to ask people out and go on dates.

You'd better update us on how it goes !


Yeah, good luck, and give us a report :D

Dating is indeed trial and error. I've had many flings and boyfriends; some are not cute enough, some are too nice or too needy, some there just isn't the spark... it's not easy to combine everything.


Yeah, I'm trying not to expect too much. Though I've been debating whether it's worth it to have a less-than-ideal fling just so I can get some experience under my belt (ahem) instead of trying to wait for someone I'm super crazy about, haha.

But I will definitely report back, unless it's like absolutely terrible. Thanks for the support, all!


Honestly, don't expect much out of a first date with anybody (I'm assuming you don't already know this person that well). If you come out of the date moderately interested, it's worth going on a second date IMO. First dates are always a little awkward.

Short term relationships are ok, as long as both parties understand that's what it is .
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-14 02:15:11
January 14 2012 02:14 GMT
#4135
On January 13 2012 15:27 Troxle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 14:55 Klondikebar wrote:

Just both of you get super drunk and tell him. It's how I managed to tell my best friend. We were at a bar...we had WAY too much to drink, and I just slurred it at him.


I've actually never been drunk with my best friend to be honest. He's like the only person I don't drink with. When we hang out, some people believe us to be drunk or high though. You know you have a good friend when you only talk about getting drunk when hanging out with other people and not your best friend! Or maybe that's just my view on life >.<


Totally understand. Sometimes it feels pointless to get drunk when you already have so much fun with someone sober. But yeah, first time I came out to a good friend was because I was super drunk and just said it. It was pretty silly.
danojb
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6 Posts
January 14 2012 02:24 GMT
#4136
On January 14 2012 11:14 matjlav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 15:27 Troxle wrote:
On January 13 2012 14:55 Klondikebar wrote:

Just both of you get super drunk and tell him. It's how I managed to tell my best friend. We were at a bar...we had WAY too much to drink, and I just slurred it at him.


I've actually never been drunk with my best friend to be honest. He's like the only person I don't drink with. When we hang out, some people believe us to be drunk or high though. You know you have a good friend when you only talk about getting drunk when hanging out with other people and not your best friend! Or maybe that's just my view on life >.<


Totally understand. Sometimes it feels pointless to get drunk when you already have so much fun with someone sober. But yeah, first time I came out to a good friend was because I was super drunk and just said it. It was pretty silly.


Came out to my best friend when I was drunk and everything worked out, but it wouldn't have mattered either way. Just needed the liquid courage I guess. If they're a real friend then they'll understand, and if not, F'em.
Cats are the best.
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
January 14 2012 03:07 GMT
#4137
On January 14 2012 11:24 danojb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2012 11:14 matjlav wrote:
On January 13 2012 15:27 Troxle wrote:
On January 13 2012 14:55 Klondikebar wrote:

Just both of you get super drunk and tell him. It's how I managed to tell my best friend. We were at a bar...we had WAY too much to drink, and I just slurred it at him.


I've actually never been drunk with my best friend to be honest. He's like the only person I don't drink with. When we hang out, some people believe us to be drunk or high though. You know you have a good friend when you only talk about getting drunk when hanging out with other people and not your best friend! Or maybe that's just my view on life >.<


Totally understand. Sometimes it feels pointless to get drunk when you already have so much fun with someone sober. But yeah, first time I came out to a good friend was because I was super drunk and just said it. It was pretty silly.


Came out to my best friend when I was drunk and everything worked out, but it wouldn't have mattered either way. Just needed the liquid courage I guess. If they're a real friend then they'll understand, and if not, F'em.


Yeah. I'm just waiting for the right time to tell him. Though I'm back to, I'm too afraid to lose him as a good friend right now, I just lost like all my gaming friends cause they quit all games to go play League and I can't stand Defense of the Ancient style games...so it'll be even longer til I tell him, but still, there really hasn't been a good time to just say it so I'm not worried about it at all
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
January 14 2012 04:25 GMT
#4138
On January 14 2012 10:18 Stereotype wrote:
Just heard this from one of my best friends.... LOVED it so much decided I'd share it with you guys!

"Asking who is the 'man' and who is the 'woman' in a gay relationship is like going into a Chinese restaurant and asking which chopstick is the fork"


Haha, that's a good one.
#2throwed
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-14 13:10:21
January 14 2012 13:09 GMT
#4139
So Jared Polis , one of the main opponents of SOPA currently in Congress and a gamer is also gay. Not that it matters, just something for gay pride.
[image loading]
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
January 15 2012 00:46 GMT
#4140
So reporting back: first first date was eeeeeehh. We didn't really click too well for whatever reason, and we never did a good job of breaking the initial awkwardness, so it didn't end up being too satisfying. I could tell that he was sort of nervous and locked up (so was I), so I don't really know if that was the reason why we didn't click, or if we just aren't compatible.

Bleh. I felt like we have enough in common that we could be at least good friends, but I just didn't know how to break through the awkward. So... yeah. That's the report. Meh, there will be other dates.
Prev 1 205 206 207 208 209 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 667
ComeBackTV 374
SteadfastSC319
Rex127
CosmosSc2 54
EnkiAlexander 39
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 329
ProTech157
Rex 131
CosmosSc2 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57999
Jaedong 1503
firebathero 1187
Hyuk 711
Soma 653
EffOrt 652
Horang2 527
BeSt 476
Mini 469
Soulkey 447
[ Show more ]
Larva 328
ZerO 298
Last 278
Rush 275
Stork 250
ggaemo 188
Snow 180
Light 176
Killer 90
Mind 62
hero 61
Free 54
Pusan 47
Sharp 35
Shinee 34
sorry 31
Shine 31
ToSsGirL 22
Bale 21
Terrorterran 21
HiyA 15
yabsab 14
Trap 13
Noble 11
Sacsri 9
Rock 6
Dota 2
Gorgc12047
Dendi700
qojqva666
Counter-Strike
Fnx 591
markeloff123
edward58
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2066
Khaldor1829
Other Games
gofns46507
ArmadaUGS2172
singsing2074
olofmeister1292
B2W.Neo903
hiko542
byalli380
XBOCT278
Pyrionflax196
Liquid`VortiX173
Mew2King86
QueenE68
ZerO(Twitch)17
Railgan9
KnowMe4
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 581
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH307
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1438
League of Legends
• Nemesis1597
• Jankos1480
• TFBlade628
Other Games
• WagamamaTV192
• Shiphtur162
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
19h 36m
OSC
22h 36m
Stellar Fest
22h 36m
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 22h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.