• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:12
CEST 10:12
KST 17:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7593 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 100

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 98 99 100 101 102 653 Next
jackdaleaper
Profile Joined September 2010
Philippines1216 Posts
April 11 2012 13:08 GMT
#1981
What's the power consumption of an i5-2500k and a 560 ti at full load? I'm building a system for a friend and I'm looking for a PSU for him. I saw from some threads that a quality 450w psu would be enough but I'm trying to google the power consumption for both and I'm getting different results.

Reliable links for the power consumption would be appreciated
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 11 2012 13:14 GMT
#1982
On April 11 2012 22:08 jackdaleaper wrote:
What's the power consumption of an i5-2500k and a 560 ti at full load? I'm building a system for a friend and I'm looking for a PSU for him. I saw from some threads that a quality 450w psu would be enough but I'm trying to google the power consumption for both and I'm getting different results.

Reliable links for the power consumption would be appreciated


anandtech.com/bench

Bear in mind, you'll be able to see whole system power consumption from the WALL.

In other words, if you assume, say, an 85% efficicent PSU used in the tests, the PSU was putting out 85% of the system power draw. And that's for the whole benched system, not just for the single component.

But, if you look at their numbers for a 560Ti on it's own that way, and consider that they tested the GPU in a system with OCed bloomfield, drawing WAY more power than a 2500k, no worries. Even heavy synthetic loads won't overtax a GOOD 450w that way.
jackdaleaper
Profile Joined September 2010
Philippines1216 Posts
April 11 2012 13:18 GMT
#1983
also, would running a high capacity PSU at a lower wattage (say if I ran a corsair tx650 with a system that only generates 450w max) mean it's running less efficiently (and therefore generating more heat) than if I used a psu with less capacity?
jackdaleaper
Profile Joined September 2010
Philippines1216 Posts
April 11 2012 13:18 GMT
#1984
On April 11 2012 22:14 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 22:08 jackdaleaper wrote:
What's the power consumption of an i5-2500k and a 560 ti at full load? I'm building a system for a friend and I'm looking for a PSU for him. I saw from some threads that a quality 450w psu would be enough but I'm trying to google the power consumption for both and I'm getting different results.

Reliable links for the power consumption would be appreciated


anandtech.com/bench

Bear in mind, you'll be able to see whole system power consumption from the WALL.

In other words, if you assume, say, an 85% efficicent PSU used in the tests, the PSU was putting out 85% of the system power draw. And that's for the whole benched system, not just for the single component.

But, if you look at their numbers for a 560Ti on it's own that way, and consider that they tested the GPU in a system with OCed bloomfield, drawing WAY more power than a 2500k, no worries. Even heavy synthetic loads won't overtax a GOOD 450w that way.


Thanks I'll check this out
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 11 2012 13:30 GMT
#1985
On April 11 2012 22:18 jackdaleaper wrote:
also, would running a high capacity PSU at a lower wattage (say if I ran a corsair tx650 with a system that only generates 450w max) mean it's running less efficiently (and therefore generating more heat) than if I used a psu with less capacity?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_PLUS

It will generate more heat at a higher load, generally, since the efficiency will be relatively close, the increased power running through it is going to make it hotter at higher loads. However, a good case will have the PSU isolated to intake through the bottom and exhaust through the back, making it relatively irrelevant.

Also, don't worry much about the power savings between 50% load and 100% load, even if you have a unit that's significantly more efficient at 50%, we're still talking a couple watts different, which is going to take forever to significantly affect your power consumption.

And the specific values beyond the standards for a PSU's rating will vary by individual sample and unit.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 11 2012 15:59 GMT
#1986
On April 11 2012 22:30 JingleHell wrote:
Also, don't worry much about the power savings between 50% load and 100% load, even if you have a unit that's significantly more efficient at 50%, we're still talking a couple watts different, which is going to take forever to significantly affect your power consumption.


Plus if you have any plans to add any components later such as additional hard drives, it's going to save you way more money to go for a higher wattage PSU right off the bat.

Also, page 100, yeah!
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 11 2012 16:05 GMT
#1987
On April 12 2012 00:59 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 22:30 JingleHell wrote:
Also, don't worry much about the power savings between 50% load and 100% load, even if you have a unit that's significantly more efficient at 50%, we're still talking a couple watts different, which is going to take forever to significantly affect your power consumption.


Plus if you have any plans to add any components later such as additional hard drives, it's going to save you way more money to go for a higher wattage PSU right off the bat.

Also, page 100, yeah!


If you plan to add enough HDDs down the road to need a significantly better PSU, you should be considering hot swaps or externals, because that would take one helluva case to cram in that many HDDs. Pull one of your HDDs out and look at it's load figures, Toast. Particularly how many amps and which rail.

The only types of components worth seriously considering for PSU (assuming you're buying a good one) are CPU, GPU, liquid coolers, sound cards, and cathodes, for the most part.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 11 2012 17:56 GMT
#1988
On April 12 2012 01:05 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 00:59 TheToast wrote:
On April 11 2012 22:30 JingleHell wrote:
Also, don't worry much about the power savings between 50% load and 100% load, even if you have a unit that's significantly more efficient at 50%, we're still talking a couple watts different, which is going to take forever to significantly affect your power consumption.


Plus if you have any plans to add any components later such as additional hard drives, it's going to save you way more money to go for a higher wattage PSU right off the bat.

Also, page 100, yeah!


If you plan to add enough HDDs down the road to need a significantly better PSU, you should be considering hot swaps or externals, because that would take one helluva case to cram in that many HDDs. Pull one of your HDDs out and look at it's load figures, Toast. Particularly how many amps and which rail.

The only types of components worth seriously considering for PSU (assuming you're buying a good one) are CPU, GPU, liquid coolers, sound cards, and cathodes, for the most part.


....

I just wanted an excuse to post on page 100. :D

Though if you are doing like a RAID 3 setup with 7200rpm drives you could potentially use somewhere within 30-40 watts.

I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 11 2012 18:01 GMT
#1989
On April 12 2012 02:56 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 01:05 JingleHell wrote:
On April 12 2012 00:59 TheToast wrote:
On April 11 2012 22:30 JingleHell wrote:
Also, don't worry much about the power savings between 50% load and 100% load, even if you have a unit that's significantly more efficient at 50%, we're still talking a couple watts different, which is going to take forever to significantly affect your power consumption.


Plus if you have any plans to add any components later such as additional hard drives, it's going to save you way more money to go for a higher wattage PSU right off the bat.

Also, page 100, yeah!


If you plan to add enough HDDs down the road to need a significantly better PSU, you should be considering hot swaps or externals, because that would take one helluva case to cram in that many HDDs. Pull one of your HDDs out and look at it's load figures, Toast. Particularly how many amps and which rail.

The only types of components worth seriously considering for PSU (assuming you're buying a good one) are CPU, GPU, liquid coolers, sound cards, and cathodes, for the most part.


....

I just wanted an excuse to post on page 100. :D

Though if you are doing like a RAID 3 setup with 7200rpm drives you could potentially use somewhere within 30-40 watts.



Maybe if you're using a controller card to handle the RAID. Three Caviar blacks is ~ 1.5 amps total on the 12v and 5.5v rails.

If you're pushing it that close on a PSU, you already did it wrong. Besides, when that sort of speed is key, you're most likely talking about the sort of application where SSD makes more sense anyways, and SSDs don't even tend to bother with the 12v rail at all.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 11 2012 18:10 GMT
#1990
On April 12 2012 03:01 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 02:56 TheToast wrote:
On April 12 2012 01:05 JingleHell wrote:
On April 12 2012 00:59 TheToast wrote:
On April 11 2012 22:30 JingleHell wrote:
Also, don't worry much about the power savings between 50% load and 100% load, even if you have a unit that's significantly more efficient at 50%, we're still talking a couple watts different, which is going to take forever to significantly affect your power consumption.


Plus if you have any plans to add any components later such as additional hard drives, it's going to save you way more money to go for a higher wattage PSU right off the bat.

Also, page 100, yeah!


If you plan to add enough HDDs down the road to need a significantly better PSU, you should be considering hot swaps or externals, because that would take one helluva case to cram in that many HDDs. Pull one of your HDDs out and look at it's load figures, Toast. Particularly how many amps and which rail.

The only types of components worth seriously considering for PSU (assuming you're buying a good one) are CPU, GPU, liquid coolers, sound cards, and cathodes, for the most part.


....

I just wanted an excuse to post on page 100. :D

Though if you are doing like a RAID 3 setup with 7200rpm drives you could potentially use somewhere within 30-40 watts.



Maybe if you're using a controller card to handle the RAID. Three Caviar blacks is ~ 1.5 amps total on the 12v and 5.5v rails.


Well that example would be 26.25 watts, so yeah about 30 watts. If I read it correctly the guy was originally asking if it was better to get closer to 100% power usage to be more efficient. My point is that giving yourself some extra room to accomodate future hardware would save you far more money (by averting the purchase of a new PSU) than any improvements to efficiency would in the hypothetical event that usage had any kind of impact on efficiency.

Also RAID 3 uses hamming code correction so it's not just improving performance it's also preventing against HDD failure. I'm not advocating using it, but there are people who do.


I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
April 11 2012 18:40 GMT
#1991
RAID 3 is pretty uncommon, but sure (does it use a Hamming code though? I thought it didn't). Also, RAID is about being able to reconstruct all your data after a hard drive failure or increased performance in some scenarios, not about preventing against the drives from failing in the first place.

Anyway, as for the actual question...
On April 11 2012 22:18 jackdaleaper wrote:
also, would running a high capacity PSU at a lower wattage (say if I ran a corsair tx650 with a system that only generates 450w max) mean it's running less efficiently (and therefore generating more heat) than if I used a psu with less capacity?

The model of the power supply is more important of a consideration, as to the efficiency. Computer power supplies are switched-mode power supplies (not linear), so efficiency is around the same at most decently high loads. How much power is drawn cannot be directly related to the maximum output power rating of the power supply (650W for TX650), which is what I think you're implying.

If your computer uses 200W running a game (a typical amount), one power supply could be 83% efficient at that load, resulting in 200 / 0.83 = 241W power drawn from the wall. Another power supply could be 91% efficient at that load, resulting in 200 / 0.91 = 220W power drawn from the wall. Some 650W models might be 83% efficient at that load, others could be 91% efficient, 76% efficient, 86% efficient, or whatever; the same could be said for 400W power supplies or any wattage power supplies you can buy. Usually an efficient power supply at 200W is going to be more efficient at 300W and so on, but the exact amounts will of course depend on the exact load conditions.

Something that's around 83% efficient at 200W is considered not very efficient for a modern computer power supply. 91% efficient would be considered very efficient. Regardless, the actual difference in total power consumption is really not that great, as you can see.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 11 2012 19:13 GMT
#1992
On April 12 2012 03:40 Myrmidon wrote:
RAID 3 is pretty uncommon, but sure (does it use a Hamming code though? I thought it didn't). Also, RAID is about being able to reconstruct all your data after a hard drive failure or increased performance in some scenarios, not about preventing against the drives from failing in the first place.


Sorry, you are correct. RAID 2 is the one that uses Hamming code parity, not RAID 3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID_2#RAID_2

And what I meant was RAID can prevent against data loss in the event of a HDD failure. I'm a bit fuzzy today, don't judge
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-11 19:16:13
April 11 2012 19:15 GMT
#1993
On April 12 2012 04:13 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 03:40 Myrmidon wrote:
RAID 3 is pretty uncommon, but sure (does it use a Hamming code though? I thought it didn't). Also, RAID is about being able to reconstruct all your data after a hard drive failure or increased performance in some scenarios, not about preventing against the drives from failing in the first place.


Sorry, you are correct. RAID 2 is the one that uses Hamming code parity, not RAID 3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID_2#RAID_2

And what I meant was RAID can prevent against data loss in the event of a HDD failure. I'm a bit fuzzy today, don't judge


Are you a bit burned out? Your mind is jelly?

I'm not arguing the value of RAID for some people, I'm just pointing out that the actual power draw of HDDs is relatively insignificant, and people probably shouldn't be trying to shave it THAT close.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 11 2012 19:25 GMT
#1994
On April 12 2012 04:15 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 04:13 TheToast wrote:
On April 12 2012 03:40 Myrmidon wrote:
RAID 3 is pretty uncommon, but sure (does it use a Hamming code though? I thought it didn't). Also, RAID is about being able to reconstruct all your data after a hard drive failure or increased performance in some scenarios, not about preventing against the drives from failing in the first place.


Sorry, you are correct. RAID 2 is the one that uses Hamming code parity, not RAID 3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID_2#RAID_2

And what I meant was RAID can prevent against data loss in the event of a HDD failure. I'm a bit fuzzy today, don't judge


Are you a bit burned out? Your mind is jelly?

I'm not arguing the value of RAID for some people, I'm just pointing out that the actual power draw of HDDs is relatively insignificant, and people probably shouldn't be trying to shave it THAT close.


Don't even start. -.-

And yeah, I personally don't advocate the usage of RAID. Really the only benefit of using it is in the case of HDD failure. And even then I think using off-site backup or backup to an external hard drive is better, as any file corruption, accidental deletion, or virus infection will be instantly replicated to all drives in a RAID configuration. But still, some people use it. I used to work with a guy who would brag about his RAID 6 setup (though this may have been 6 drives in a RAID 0 configuration, I'm not sure he knew the difference). Was a waste of money IMO.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 11 2012 19:28 GMT
#1995
On April 12 2012 04:25 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 04:15 JingleHell wrote:
On April 12 2012 04:13 TheToast wrote:
On April 12 2012 03:40 Myrmidon wrote:
RAID 3 is pretty uncommon, but sure (does it use a Hamming code though? I thought it didn't). Also, RAID is about being able to reconstruct all your data after a hard drive failure or increased performance in some scenarios, not about preventing against the drives from failing in the first place.


Sorry, you are correct. RAID 2 is the one that uses Hamming code parity, not RAID 3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID_2#RAID_2

And what I meant was RAID can prevent against data loss in the event of a HDD failure. I'm a bit fuzzy today, don't judge


Are you a bit burned out? Your mind is jelly?

I'm not arguing the value of RAID for some people, I'm just pointing out that the actual power draw of HDDs is relatively insignificant, and people probably shouldn't be trying to shave it THAT close.


Don't even start. -.-

And yeah, I personally don't advocate the usage of RAID. Really the only benefit of using it is in the case of HDD failure. And even then I think using off-site backup or backup to an external hard drive is better, as any file corruption, accidental deletion, or virus infection will be instantly replicated to all drives in a RAID configuration. But still, some people use it. I used to work with a guy who would brag about his RAID 6 setup (though this may have been 6 drives in a RAID 0 configuration, I'm not sure he knew the difference). Was a waste of money IMO.


Yeah, there was a time RAID 0 made some sense for enthusiasts wanting good software load times, but now, if you compare the price of say, 3 high cache caviar blacks to a single 256GB SSD, and then compare the performance, you're better off getting the SSD for software and a separate storage drive.

And I wholly concur about backing up externally. Much safer.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-11 21:37:50
April 11 2012 21:37 GMT
#1996
On April 11 2012 21:55 Alryk wrote:
I think nvidia is better because of the graphics switching. Optimus is vastly superior to AMD's alternative. Kepler is also starting to roll out in 28nm for laptops, and AMD hasn't released their 28nm for laptops. Not all 6xx are Kepler though, I think its the 630M, most if not all variations of the 640M, and the 660M


Optimus is fucking busted for so many users. Optimus problems make up a significant portion of all laptop user issues on TL. At this point no solution at all is better than an optimus solution.
twitch.tv/medrea
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
April 12 2012 03:55 GMT
#1997
^Really? That's interesting. I always read on Anand that Nvidia actually did a good job with it Interesting to know, seeing as I'll be buying a new laptop (finally...) in a few months. (Laptop because the primary reason for it isn't gaming)
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
April 12 2012 05:12 GMT
#1998
Hopefully this is as dumb a question as I think it sounds.

I currently have an external HDD (HDD1) connected via USB cable. It's running low on space, so I plan to buy a second one (HDD2) to replace it. I plan to put HDD1 inside my case and connect that via SATA cable, and connect HDD2 via USB cable in the enclosure that use to house HDD1. Will I lose all data in HDD1 because I changed the connection type? or will it still be the same storage drive it was before?
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 05:15:16
April 12 2012 05:13 GMT
#1999
On April 12 2012 14:12 Nagisama wrote:
Hopefully this is as dumb a question as I think it sounds.

I currently have an external HDD (HDD1) connected via USB cable. It's running low on space, so I plan to buy a second one (HDD2) to replace it. I plan to put HDD1 inside my case and connect that via SATA cable, and connect HDD2 via USB cable in the enclosure that use to house HDD1. Will I lose all data in HDD1 because I changed the connection type? or will it still be the same storage drive it was before?


It's as dumb of a question as you were hoping it is. The data will be fine unless you do something stupid. Out of curiosity, why not just stick the new HDD inside the case as well?

And for the record, the only truly dumb question is the one you didn't ask BEFORE spending money, breaking shit, or losing data. Otherwise, it's just an uninformed question. And while it's possible to be uninformed to the point of silliness, knowing what you don't know well enough to know you don't know and need to ask to know isn't dumb.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
April 12 2012 05:19 GMT
#2000
On April 12 2012 14:13 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 14:12 Nagisama wrote:
Hopefully this is as dumb a question as I think it sounds.

I currently have an external HDD (HDD1) connected via USB cable. It's running low on space, so I plan to buy a second one (HDD2) to replace it. I plan to put HDD1 inside my case and connect that via SATA cable, and connect HDD2 via USB cable in the enclosure that use to house HDD1. Will I lose all data in HDD1 because I changed the connection type? or will it still be the same storage drive it was before?


It's as dumb of a question as you were hoping it is. The data will be fine unless you do something stupid. Out of curiosity, why not just stick the new HDD inside the case as well?

And for the record, the only truly dumb question is the one you didn't ask BEFORE spending money, breaking shit, or losing data. Otherwise, it's just an uninformed question. And while it's possible to be uninformed to the point of silliness, knowing what you don't know well enough to know you don't know and need to ask to know isn't dumb.


Awesome, thanks.

I got the enclosure awhile ago, so I felt I might as well keep it. I don't actually turn on my external unless I need something from it. So I guess the reason is in hopes it might make the drive last longer by not being in use every time my computer is on.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Prev 1 98 99 100 101 102 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4541
Leta 2288
BeSt 502
Soulkey 395
Soma 183
Rush 65
ZergMaN 30
Shine 30
Dota 2
XcaliburYe115
League of Legends
JimRising 547
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g9329
WinterStarcraft714
Sick248
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos763
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 48m
Patches Events
6h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 48m
OSC
14h 48m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.