• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:46
CEST 07:46
KST 14:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7824 users

Mineral boost trick (works in 1.5!) - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27 28 Next All
AgniKai
Profile Joined August 2012
70 Posts
August 14 2012 19:36 GMT
#81
I hope it doesn't get fixed this time, this is only good in the very early game
"The reactions were never really positive no matter what our team did, and it was just a little discouraging." IM_Seed at TAC3, IM vs TL
SupLilSon
Profile Joined October 2011
Malaysia4123 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-14 19:40:48
August 14 2012 19:38 GMT
#82
Just messed around with this in a ladder game. I was only using the technique to shift que them to the minerals so they were returning at normal speed. With a standard 1 rax FE I had 380 minerals when my rax finished, seems like a decently large boost. Also it cut out the miniscule downtime between depot and rax.
Mairou
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland144 Posts
August 14 2012 19:39 GMT
#83
I tested this with 2 probes. One was mining mineral patch that was slightly more far away and i used this trick on that probe. I managed to get the probe who was mining the further mineral path to harvest same speed as the probe who was mining close mineral path. I hope Blizzard fix this soon.
eSports! www.youtube.com/MairouTV
Monochromatic
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1000 Posts
August 14 2012 19:41 GMT
#84
Wow, I hope blizzard leaves this trick alone this time.
MC: "Guys I need your support! iam poor make me nerd baller" __________________________________________RIP Violet
pycho
Profile Joined January 2011
Paraguay372 Posts
August 14 2012 19:42 GMT
#85
On August 15 2012 04:39 Mairou wrote:
I tested this with 2 probes. One was mining mineral patch that was slightly more far away and i used this trick on that probe. I managed to get the probe who was mining the further mineral path to harvest same speed as the probe who was mining close mineral path. I hope Blizzard fix this soon.


how exactly do you do it? i dont understand
sour_eraser
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada932 Posts
August 14 2012 19:42 GMT
#86
On August 15 2012 04:39 Mairou wrote:
I tested this with 2 probes. One was mining mineral patch that was slightly more far away and i used this trick on that probe. I managed to get the probe who was mining the further mineral path to harvest same speed as the probe who was mining close mineral path. I hope Blizzard fix this soon.


Why should they fix this?
Seriously, people who pull this trick deserve those extra minerals.
Besides I can assure you this won't effect 99% of ladder games in terms of balance and such.
I see no reason for this to get patched
"What's the f*cking point of censoring a letter if everyone and their mother knows what it stands for.... F*cking morons"
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
August 14 2012 19:44 GMT
#87
8 second buff to 6pool is a pretty big deal...
Talack
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada2742 Posts
August 14 2012 19:44 GMT
#88
This will be fixed.

It's unintentionally in the game, and despite people trying to act like it should be in the game it really shouldn't. Interesting none-the-less.
AlexanderDebois
Profile Joined October 2011
Kyrgyzstan38 Posts
August 14 2012 19:45 GMT
#89
The question on every Terran players mind: does this work in the same percentage for mules that it does for SCVs?
Account252508
Profile Joined February 2012
3454 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-14 19:49:29
August 14 2012 19:47 GMT
#90
--- Nuked ---
SaroVati
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada280 Posts
August 14 2012 19:48 GMT
#91
I've done this for about 1 hour, and can't achieve the projected "24%" increase. I can get about a 10% increase though... but that doesn't seem completely worth it because if you are microing in game and mess the cycle up ONCE it'll reset it's benefit... Anyone care to show me a replay of a probe mining for 2 minutes on a mineral patch normally, then the same mineral patch for 2 minutes with this trick? My personal best is 120 minerals in 3 minutes on a far patch --> 130 minerals in 3 minutes on a far patch.
Mairou
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland144 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-14 20:16:25
August 14 2012 19:49 GMT
#92
On August 15 2012 04:42 jidolboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 04:39 Mairou wrote:
I tested this with 2 probes. One was mining mineral patch that was slightly more far away and i used this trick on that probe. I managed to get the probe who was mining the further mineral path to harvest same speed as the probe who was mining close mineral path. I hope Blizzard fix this soon.


Why should they fix this?
Seriously, people who pull this trick deserve those extra minerals.
Besides I can assure you this won't effect 99% of ladder games in terms of balance and such.
I see no reason for this to get patched


It affects the game too much. Think about zerg who is 6 pooling. He got nothing else to do than micro his drones anyway so he will get his pool so much faster using this trick.

On August 15 2012 04:44 See.Blue wrote:
8 second buff to 6pool is a pretty big deal...


And when you master this trick perfectly you can get it maybe over 10 seconds earlier. That's pretty huge.

Btw this is going to get fixed soon: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/627978741#3

Edit: It was old thread
eSports! www.youtube.com/MairouTV
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
August 14 2012 19:49 GMT
#93
On August 15 2012 04:44 See.Blue wrote:
8 second buff to 6pool is a pretty big deal...


This alone is probably reason to have this fixed, sad as it is.
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
INCHymn
Profile Joined February 2012
United States26 Posts
August 14 2012 19:50 GMT
#94
its a good feature to have in the game. Its something that actually matters that we can do in early game . Idk why bliz would take something out that doesn't break the game (anyone can do it) and actually requires some extra apm.
Account252508
Profile Joined February 2012
3454 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-14 19:52:05
August 14 2012 19:50 GMT
#95
--- Nuked ---
Chrozon
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway16 Posts
August 14 2012 19:52 GMT
#96
On August 15 2012 04:49 Dalguno wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 04:44 See.Blue wrote:
8 second buff to 6pool is a pretty big deal...


This alone is probably reason to have this fixed, sad as it is.


Still, getting that 8 second buff requires perfect boosting on all 6 drones, that's some sick micro right there.
Freaking turtles!
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
August 14 2012 19:53 GMT
#97
This is soooo cool haha.
z0rz
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States350 Posts
August 14 2012 19:53 GMT
#98
On August 15 2012 04:49 Mairou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 04:42 jidolboy wrote:
On August 15 2012 04:39 Mairou wrote:
I tested this with 2 probes. One was mining mineral patch that was slightly more far away and i used this trick on that probe. I managed to get the probe who was mining the further mineral path to harvest same speed as the probe who was mining close mineral path. I hope Blizzard fix this soon.


Why should they fix this?
Seriously, people who pull this trick deserve those extra minerals.
Besides I can assure you this won't effect 99% of ladder games in terms of balance and such.
I see no reason for this to get patched


It affects the game too much. Think about zerg who is 6 pooling. He got nothing else to do than micro his drones anyway so he will get his pool so much faster using this trick.

Btw this is going to get fixed soon: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/627978741#3

You're right, 9/21/2010 is right around the corner.
twitch.tv/fartymcbutt
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
August 14 2012 19:55 GMT
#99
On August 15 2012 03:44 Nimix wrote:
Speaking about minerals things, I noticed that 3 workers often stack on the same patch mid/late game when I only have 16 workers on the base, rather than spreading 2 by patch. It leaves 1 worker on a patch alone, and I don't remember seeing this pre 1.5, do someone else noticed it? I don't think it's thread worthy tho :/


This has always happened, and only happens on far patches as it takes "2.5" (or 2.3 or whatever it really is) to completely mine from the far patches.
Lazermonkey
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2176 Posts
August 14 2012 19:55 GMT
#100
On August 15 2012 04:49 Dalguno wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 04:44 See.Blue wrote:
8 second buff to 6pool is a pretty big deal...


This alone is probably reason to have this fixed, sad as it is.
It's only relevant if you can do this with all your drones. I haven't tested it yet but as far as I understand it's impossible to do with more than one worker. In that case your pool will only be 1-2 seconds faster which isn't too big of a deal. Also, with this trick your forge/barracks will be faster so I don't really see the problem.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 143
-ZergGirl 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1932
910 70
sorry 47
Yoon 45
Bale 38
NotJumperer 21
yabsab 14
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Reynor0
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox550
Mew2King38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor123
Other Games
summit1g7071
WinterStarcraft390
PiGStarcraft267
C9.Mang0259
Sick214
Livibee165
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick643
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream240
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2290
League of Legends
• Stunt467
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 14m
Stellar Fest
7h 14m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.